Hello Everyone!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello Everyone!

Postby Blood Raven on January 11th, 2017, 4:33 am

Greetings all! I'm so excited to have found such an engaged group of people creating original fantasy. Looking forward to some excellent times with you all!

1. Name: Just Raven is fine.
2. RP experience: I've spent a significant amount of time on other play-by-post forums and played a bit of D&D (though I usually DM)
3. How did you find us?: Googling "fantasy roleplay forums", you guys are near the top
4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?: Freeform roleplay is the greatest. The more agency each player has in deciding the story, the more authentic the experience. Also, I like roleplay to be self-consistent; that is, things that go on in one thread have a ripple effect throughout the whole game, however slight. That feeling of having a hand in shaping the world is very gratifying.
5. Favorite Topics: I most enjoy writing stories with complex, multilayered plots. Nothing feels quite as good as executing an enormous plan in roleplay, especially if its creation involved a large team of players working together and a significant amount of planning and creativity to pull off.
6. Favorite thing about Mizahar so far?: I'd have to say the unique lore is my favorite aspect so far. Everything is so fresh, none of my normal knowledge about fantasy lore applies, making the world fun to learn
7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?: This is going to seem like a dumb complaint, but here goes anyway. Where are the pedantic articles? The articles on this or that particular sect of the believers in any given god or goddess? The analyses of the finer points of each school of magic? Detail is the soul of a fantasy world, and I'd love to see more depth given to each of the tiny elements that make up the world.
8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?: I'm here for a chance to play in a new style of fantasy world and make friends with those who enjoy doing the same.
9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?: See my answer to #7.
Blood Raven
Player

Words: 2430
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2017, 1:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Hello Everyone!

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on January 11th, 2017, 12:15 pm

Welcome Raven!

Sounds like you've got a good bit of experience and a lot of passion! I've enjoyed my first full month here. Like you, I like to see impactful storylines that flow and link across time. There is a lot of support here that makes this place even better. If you wander Zeltiva way perhaps we will get a chance to share some storytelling. Enjoy~*
Salara
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Hello Everyone!

Postby Prophet on January 11th, 2017, 4:47 pm

The Master List button at the top of the screen has a magic list. This is just a summary. Each one is a link to a fully expanded wiki article. Some factions have detailed lore articles and some do not. These can be found in the lore section by searching factions.

Welcome and enjoy your stay. :)
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Hello Everyone!

Postby Dovey on January 12th, 2017, 12:15 am

Hi Raven, welcome! I'm quite new to the site myself, and I love it here so far. If you wind up in Syliras and would like to thread, just shoot me a PM!
"Common" "Fratava" "Pavi"
Dovey
One unlucky girl

Words: 221497
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2016, 10:42 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)