RustyEyron Talks to the Void

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

RustyEyron Talks to the Void

Postby Jez Firetongue on March 16th, 2017, 3:20 am

Well, since I'm back on Mizahar for the long haul I figured I may as well make one of these. I'd love for conversation to go on here but I am aware this is mostly going to be me talking to the void (hence the title). I'll probably pretty this up at some point but it's currently 3am and I have lectures tomorrow. Anyway, some basic information about me to start with...

Name: Wouldn't you like to know ;) Online I go by Rusty
Sex: Female
Nationality: English
Career: About to graduate as a zoologist, already lined up to do a Masters in badger population genetics 2017-18. After that I plan to work as an ecological consultant to save some money before returning to South Africa to train as a field guide. Maybe I'll get a PhD along the way too...
Animals: I am currently the owner of two gorgeous bearded dragons and a little roborovski hamster (thanks to my housemates opening their cage one day and finding a litter of tiny hamsters -_-)
Likes: Travelling, anime, writing, food, horse riding, sleep
Dislikes: People unable to discuss something without arguing, being asked 'oh, so you want to be a zookeeper?', mornings

I'm going to use this opportunity to quickly explain my absence from Mizahar. So in 2012 I was introduced to this site by a friend (now inactive) and joined with two characters (including Jez) for a few months. I loved the lore and am so happy to see how much it's expanded in my absence. Unfortunately 2012 was not a great time for me out in the real world. I was finally diagnosed with a couple of mental health disorders related to an illness I've had my whole life and also my home situation wasn't great. I'm not going to go into these things because I don't want too much private information out here, and I didn't make a scrapbook for talking about that stuff. At the same time as it was happening studying was getting more intensive and I couldn't get on top of things. Something had to break and it was my ability to keep up with online activities, including roleplaying sites.

I eventually forgot about Mizahar until I saw it mentioned a month or so ago. I came back expecting it to have died but was pleasantly surprised to see it still thriving! I am so happy to be roleplaying Jez again, in a community of such well written people (I have spent too much time in fast moving, one liner forum rps D:). Now, having moved away from home and gotten a handle of my mental illness, I am in a much better position that five years ago. I am looking forward to being part of this community for the foreseeable future ^^
Jez Firetongue
Nature answers us in time

Words: 129941
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 6:38 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes