Completed Child's Play (Garland)

Elin and Garland have a play date for their children

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Child's Play (Garland)

Postby Elin on April 24th, 2017, 6:54 am

34th Spring, 517
"Common" | "Kontinese" | "Tukant"

It was warm outside, but not yet too warm for Elin and Ilia, although Elin knew that it wasn't normal weather for Spring. She simply hoped that it was a fluke and that Morwen’s refusal to bring winter wouldn't have disturbed the whole cycle of seasons!

“Mummy are we going?” came a voice and Elin instantly turned to look at Ilia and smiled at the little girl.

”Yes darling, although you need to put your shoes on first, otherwise we can't go anywhere sweetness.” Elin smiled as she bent down to the kiss the little girls forehead. ”And Mummy has to put her shoes on too!” she exclaimed, picking up her black boots and sitting on the bed as she pulled the boots on, taking great care to lace them up correctly, before stopping to look at Ilia, seeing that the little girl was sat on the floor struggling to put on her sandals, and Elin chuckled slightly, before moving to sit in front of the girl.
”You're putting them on the wrong feet darling.” she explained and instantly the girl clumsily pulled them off and put them back on the other feet.
Elin smiled as she took Ilia’s left foot and began to fasten the sandal around the little girls foot, she couldn't help but watch the girl attempt to fasten the other sandal, messily and clumsily.
Soon, Elin had fastened the left sandal and Ilia was still trying to fasten the right. Elin simply watched, hoping that the little girl would manage without her help, although after about the fifth chime, Elin leant forwards.
”Would you like me to show you again?” she asked, watching Ilia as she looked up and nodded.
Smiling gently, Elin took hold of the sandal and began fastening it, much slower than she normally would, with emphasis on each movement, hoping that if would help Ilia learn how to tie them.
”There we go, now, I'm just going to get Rion.” Elin said, grabbing the sling and putting it on, before leaning over the infants crib and smiling at him, seeing that he was awake and stretching his arms and legs out.
Gently she picked him up and the boy began to gurgle and babble to himself, before she placed him into the sling so that he was firmly held against her, unable to fall from the fabric contraption.

Finally they were ready, and today had been much quicker than usual, and Elin headed towards the door, taking hold of Ilia’s hand as she did so.
A couple of days ago she'd been talking to a man who happened to know a squire with two young children, and somehow they'd got onto the topic of having her and the squires children meet and maybe play together, so today that was what Elin had hoped would happen.
She hadn't yet met the squire, but she didn't doubt that he was a good person, so it was just a case of whether he'd turn up or not.

Smiling slightly, she walked with Ilia to a point that was fairly near the squire dormitories, and that she recognised as the place that the man had described to have the two meet so that they could decide between them where to go and what to do, and she stood for a while, stroking the back of Rion’s head as he happily gurgled to himself.
“Mummy, can I hold him?” Ilia asked and Elin smiled.
”Not now dear, but when we get home tonight you can hold him.” she said calmly as she watched the area, wondering if she'd be able to notice the squire she was supposed to meet
-
Last edited by Elin on May 3rd, 2017, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exam week
Very likely to be inactive until the 27th
Sorry to everyone I'm in a thread with, but I'll be on when I need respite from studying

~
Elin
Player

Words: 97730
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Child's Play (Garland)

Postby Garland on April 24th, 2017, 8:23 am

Explosions of baby powder, a pair of joyous and loud giggling and an occasional yell of pain as a hammer hit a table could be heard into Garland's room.

"Aneeka! Get back here!" Garland yelled out while he was ran around the room, holding a pair of cloth diapers following Aneeka.

Phobos was just looking at the scene, chewing on his rattle toy, noticeable bite marks were on the wooden noise-making toy but Phobos didn't seem to mind. The little baby boy watched the hectic chasing with curious blue eyes.

He then threw the rattle at Garland, hitting Garland's face with a thud, inciting giggling laughter from Aneeka and that was enough of a distraction for Garland to catch her and clothe her.

"Thank you, Phobos." Phobos was already dressed and waiting, absentmindedly chewing on his own hand. Garland picked up Phobos' rattle and gave it to the boy. Aneeka did not make anything easy, even trying to put her in the cradleboard was taxing, but Garland prevailed eventually.

Garland took the twins, and his basket that held a pair of bottles filled with fresh milk, their toys, and some extra clothes in case they get dirty, and he was sure they would get dirty.

Ser Greyheart had met a nice lady that had a pair of children and one was Garland's children's age.

Garland had been looking for friends for the two, since most of their interactions had been with him, his friends, or his Patron, it would be nice to find a few kids their age for a play date.

Garland walked out the dormitories, and looked up to the sky. "Looks like we're late... I wonder why that is?"

Aneeka only replied with happy babbling and Garland shook his head and smiled. "Come on, let's go you two."

It didn't Garland long to get to where he was supposed to meet this person with the other children, and it didn't take long for him to spot them. "Hello, you must be ... I never got your name now that I think about it... Anyway, I'm Garland."

He smiled and waved to the little girl and infant boy. Garland took off his cradleboard, you could already hear the twins babbling among themselves. "This is Aneeka." Garland pulled the little girl out of the dual cradleboard and instantly she grabbed Garland's eyebrows and yanked a few hairs off.

Garland winced and held in the tears. "And this one is Phobos." Garland pulled the other baby out of the cradleboard and looked around curiously. "Say hello, Phobos."

"Pappap!" The twins said in unison and laughed.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Child's Play (Garland)

Postby Elin on April 24th, 2017, 6:01 pm

Elin had noticed the squire with the children and had loosened her grip on Ilia’s hand as he neared.
“Hello, you must be ... I never got your name now that I think about it... Anyway, I'm Garland." she heard him say and she smiled at the man warmly.
”It’s good to meet you, and I’m Elin!” she said, watching him as he introduced his two children. She couldn't help but smile at the two, despite imagining how much it must have hurt when the little girl pulled his eyebrow hairs out. ”And aren't you two precious!” she said, cooing over the two infants, before looking down at her own son, and then at Ilia. ”This troublemaker here is Ilia.” she said patting the young girls head and letting go of her hand trusting her not to run off anywhere too far.
”And this little one is Rion!” she exclaimed, pulling her son out of the sling and holding him carefully, letting him look at Garland and the twins.

Soon, Rion leant towards the twins and clapped his hands together clumsily, before reaching out to them, a series of unintelligible babbles coming from the little boy.
It was obvious that he was excited to see new people, especially ones that were a similar age to him.

Elin turned her attention to Ilia and noticed the little girl tucking herself behind Elin slightly, and she smiled slightly, using a hand to nudge the girl forwards slightly.
”Aren’t you going to say hello Ilia?” she asked, pushing the girl even more forwards as she tried to step back again, continuing on until Ilia stopped trying to hide.
“Hello...” Ilia said quietly, before stepping slightly closer to the twins. “How old are Phobos and Aneeka?” she asked, stopping to look up at Garland inquisitively, the twins having peaked her curiosity, making her forget that she hadn't met them before today, and Elin felt a slightly triumphant smile creep onto her face.

She was about to ask Garland if there was anywhere he wanted to go, when Rion began to grunt loudly, struggling quite a bit in her arms, and Elin looked at him.
”You want to get down, don't you?” she asked the infant, before lowering him down to the floor.
She kept hold of both of his hands, knowing that he wasn't strong enough to stand on his own for any length of time, and she stood behind him, slightly hunched over so she wasn't pulling his arms to much, before she looked up at Garland again.

”So, Garland, is there anywhere you want to take these little rascals? We could go to one of the parks or to the docks? Or would you prefer to take them somewhere more indoors and confined?” she asked smiling. She was fine with taking Rion and Ilia pretty much anywhere, but she wasn't sure what Garland preferred, and if he preferred going somewhere indoors and a little safer than most places, she'd be more than happy to offer that they go to the room she lived in on Travelers Row.
-
Exam week
Sorry to everyone I'm in a thread with, but I'll be on when I need respite from studying

~
Elin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Child's Play (Garland)

Postby Garland on April 25th, 2017, 12:07 am

Garland looked over to Rion and Ilia, Ilia just looks so adorable. "Hi there!" Garland said, the twins were more interested in Rion though and Aneeka was pushing to go down on to ground level with him. Garland lowered Aneeka down to the ground and looked over to Phobos. "Keep an eye on your sister, okay?"

The twins held on to Garland's hands as he pulled them up to standing position and both of them waddled over to Rion.

"Let's see... The twins are half-Sverfa so I think they would like the docks, still I think it might be a bit too rowdy for the kids, They're always busy and since the spring is hot lots of people are using this time to fish, so I'm not sure."

Garland looked over to the twins and Rion. "Where do you kids want to go?"

The twins looked at each other then back to Garland. "The bath!" The twins said in unison, Garland didn't know if it was because they were twins but they say the exact same thing at the same time a lot of times.

"The bathhouse? You two went there yesterday!" The twins just kept repeating the word 'bath' until Garland conceded. "The bathhouse it is then."

"Sorry about that, the twins like water and they like splashing in it and making a mess. I'm sure I can convince them to change their minds if you don't want to go. These two are easily persuaded." Garland looked at the two and pinched their cheeks softly.

Getting Aneeka to yell in annoyance and trying to swat the big hands away. "I'll just bribe them with C-O-O-K-I-E-S if they're being hard headed."

Garland was glade that the two of them don't know how to spell it, he would have a hard time when they figure out that Garland was talking about their favorite snacks.

Aneeka looked at Rion and took his hand. Phobos went over to Ilia with a wave. "Hello!" Phobos said and waved.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Child's Play (Garland)

Postby Elin on April 26th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Elin watched the twins as they made their way closer to Rion, and the infant boy gurgled and blew raspberries, pulling on Elin’s hand as though he was trying to move closer to the twins.
She nodded thoughtfully as Garland mention about how busy and rowdy the docks could get. She hadn't quite considered that thoroughly.
Then a wide smile spread across her face as Garland asked his twins and Rion where they wanted to go. While the twins insisted on the baths, Rion simply gurgled loudly, bending and stretching his legs as though the infant was trying to jump. Then she heard Garland offer to bribe the twins with cookies, and Elin shook her head.

”The bathhouse is absolutely fine with me! It looks like Rion’s excited, and Ilia quite likes the water too.” Elin said, turning a head to look at the little girl. ”Don't you pet?” she asked, watching as Ilia nodded vigorously.
“Buhbuhbuh!” she all of a sudden heard Rion’s babbling again, followed by a series of short, happy sounding squeals and squeaks, and Elin looked back to him to see a wide smile on his face as Aneeka took his hand and Elin smiled at the sight. She was glad to see that they seemed to be getting along, since she had wanted to find Rion some friends yet hadn’t found anyone with children near Rion’s age before she’d met Garland.
Then she heard Garland’s little boy say something and she turned to look at him and Ilia, smiling again slightly as she hoped that the little girl would be nice and not start being shy.
“Hello!” Ilia said and Elin smiled gladly, before turning back to Garland. “I Ilia!” she heard the little girl introduce herself

”So, shall we set off then?” she asked with a smile, her eyes looking back down towards Rion and Aneeka. ”I think the little ones are excited, aren’t you sweetheart?” she asked Rion and the little boy beamed from ear to ear, looking up at Elin before looking back to Aneeka and beginning to babble loudly in a series of unintelligible syllables again.
-
Exam week

~
Elin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Child's Play (Garland)

Postby Garland on April 27th, 2017, 2:28 am

Garland was glad to see the twins enjoying the time outside and with new friends to boot. "Ilia, I think you and Phobos would get along quite well. He doesn't talk as much as his sister but he likes listening."

Phobos nodded and chewed on his rattle, keeping equal attention between Ilia and Aneeka, usually Aneeka would throw something at her father to get his attention, she was a bit bratty in that regard. "Uhh... Phobo!" Phobos tried to introduce himself, but he had to admit his name was hard to pronounce for a one and a half year old.

The fact that he was even trying to communicate and understand some of the words they're saying was an achievement all on it's own.

Now Aneeka and Rion were babbling together, like little people talking in a language the grown ups don't understand. "Right, come on Neka, Back into the board, the bathhouse is a little ways from here." Garland didn't quite trust that these two could walk there yet, they were growing fast, and learning words quickly.

"How old is Rion by the way, I could almost make out a few words between the babbles. Can you talk Rion?" Garland expected either a confused look or another string of incoherent babbling from the baby boy.

"I should have brought a stroller, but we rarely go out don't we kids?" Garland placed the kids back into the cradleboard much to Aneeka's annoyance, the little girl yelled and struggled until she was securely in place.

"Yes, let's go." He could feel Aneeka wriggle in the confines of the board. "We should hurry a bit, Aneeka's getting impatient."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Child's Play (Garland)

Postby Elin on April 28th, 2017, 8:52 pm

Elin smiled as she listened to Garland speak to Ilia happy to hear that Phobos and she might get on, then she heard Phobos try to say his time and an even warmer smile spread across her face.
“Aw.” She heard Ilia say before Ilia stepped forward and wrapped her arms around Phobos hugging him. “Mummy why Rion boring?” she asked and Elin found herself laughing slightly.
”He’ll learn soon Ilia, he is very young now though.” she said to the little girl before she heard Garland address Aneeka before asking how old Rion was and she smiled slightly.
”He’s in his second season, but he tries, don’t you love?” she smiled, brushing what little hair Rion had as the little boy stared at Garland blankly for a few moments before beginning to make noise, and a series of random unintelligible syllables came out of his mouth, in amongst a series of ‘Ooh’s and ‘Aah’s.
”He likes to make noise, and he’s almost managed to crawl a few times, but for now he just has to make do with shuffling anywhere he wants to go.” she smiled as Garland put his twins into their cradleboard and Elin carefully picked Rion up, holding him on one hip so he could still look around at everything, before she took a hold of Ilia’s hand to keep her close by and to prevent her from getting lost.

”And yes, we don’t want her getting too frustrated.” Elin exclaimed, before Ilia started forwards at a fast pace, almost pulling Elin over, before slowing down and glancing back.
“Why you so slow!” Ilia frowned. “We gotta get to baths!” she said again and Elin laughed slightly, pulling Ilia back towards her slightly.

”We’ll get there soon enough and you’ll get to play with Phobos again. But if we run we might upset Phobos and Aneeka, and we might upset Rion.” Elin explained and Ilia nodded, moving to walk at the same speed as Elin and Garland, briefly turning to Garland to ask him a question.

“Are they heavy?” she asked, gesturing to the twins curiously. “Does it hurt?” she asked, referring to him carrying them on his back.
-
Exam week

~
Elin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Child's Play (Garland)

Postby Garland on April 29th, 2017, 3:02 am

Garland couldn't help but smile at Rion, he remembered when the twins were two months old, both of them were chatterboxes even Phobos, they also cried a lot when they were two seasons old.

"He's pretty big for a two season old." Garland said and he could hear Aneeka grunt and squeal, trying to get out of the board, unluckily for her, Garland had placed her in a position where she couldn't quite find the leverage to push herself out.

Phobos and Aneeka both heard Ilia say 'bath' and replied with "Bath!" from the both of them.

Garland smiled at Ilia and Elin. "They like repeating things." The twins giggled and started babbling among themselves.

Garland heard Ilia's questions and it was nice to see someone so curious, it was a nice change of pace from the usual 'I follow orders and don't question' nonsense from the knights and squires he had to work with.

"They're getting heavier but I'm pretty strong, I can carry them for a good long while." Garland felt Aneeka tremble. "Oh gods... Elin, Ilia, cover your ears."

Aneeka let out a piercing cry, that made Garland wince and a few of the passerby that were around all glanced over to Garland. Luckily for the group, they were almost at the Soothing Waters bathhouse.

The receptionist inside winced as he heard the loud and constant crying of one of the twins. "Hello Ivis!" Garland yelled over the crying. "A private pool please." Garland placed down five silver pieces and looked over to Elin. "They're with me!"

Garland looked over to Elin and leaned in close to whisper. "Cover Ilia eyes before we get to the private pool. The public pool itself is... rather bare if you catch my meaning."

Garland walked into the male locker room and took off the cradleboard and pulled out the twins, he undressed and wore a towel over his privates and stuffed his clothes into the locker. Garland carried the twins out into the pool proper, they were too young to know what nudity was, still Garland did walk rather quickly to a smaller private pool in the corner of the place.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Child's Play (Garland)

Postby Elin on April 29th, 2017, 2:54 pm

Elin looked at Garland as he mention that Rion was big for a two year old and she nodded. She could remember Ilia at this age and she was much smaller, although she suspected that that was something they had inherited from their fathers.
”Yes, he is quite large, isn’t he? I can remember when Ilia was his age and she was much smaller. Although she wasn’t as large and wasn’t as desperate to start moving as Rion, so it’s probably for the best that he’s growing quicker.” Elin smiled, before hearing the twins repeating what Ilia had said.
They were so sweet and adorable, and she couldn’t wait until Rion was at that age.

For most of the journey to the bathhouse, Elin just listened to Garland speaking to Ilia, glad that the little girl was asking questions.
Then the sound of Aneeka crying made her temporarily shudder. Something about the sound of babies crying affected her emotions and made her want to look after them. It was worth if Ilia or Rion cried, but even strangers children crying raised a maternal instinct inside her.

Fortunately they were already at the baths and Elin followed to the reception, glad that they were there. She could tell that Ilia was happy too, but she felt that Rion was a bit confused. The poor boy was probably worried about why Aneeka was crying, though it hadn’t upset him too much otherwise the little boy would be crying too.

She heard Garland telling her quietly to cover Ilia’s eyes, due to the nature of the public baths and she nodded.
”I certainly shall.” she said calmly paying a copper miza for a towel before heading to the womens dressing rooms, as Garland headed to the mens.

As soon as they got into the womans dressing rooms, she saw Ilia begin to roughly pull her shoes off and she chuckled slightly, sitting Rion on the floor by her feet so she could keep an eye on him and keep him under control as she quickly undressed herself and put her clothes into a locker, and took Ilia’s clothes and put them there too.
Then she turned her attention to Rion and quickly undressed him and put his clothes away.

Soon she was walking towards the private pool that Garland and his twins were in, her towel covering her torso and hips, as she shielded Ilia’s eyes against the girls wishes.

”What’s the water like today then? Warm as usual?” she asked as she approached the three and uncovered Ilia’s eyes so the girl could get into the pool without having to wait for Elin to deal with Rion.
Meanwhile Rion saw the twins again and resumed his cheerful nonsensical babbling, trying his hardest to communicate with both Aneeka and Phobos.
-
Exam week

~
Elin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Child's Play (Garland)

Postby Garland on April 30th, 2017, 2:24 am

Garland let the twins dip their toes in the warm water. The twins enjoyed their little feet getting wet. Garland dipped himself into the water as well.

The twins were already splashing the water everywhere and making a general ruckus. Aneeka's attention was already on Rion, the two babbling away and splashing the water at each other.

The water was warm, warmer than the public pool but it wasn't scalding or anything. The twins enjoyed the water, the heat not so much. They were half sverfa and they were breed for the water, one of these days Garland would sail around the coast for the twins if he finds someone willing to take two rowdy children for a boat ride.

"Come on, the water's fine. A bit too warm, but what did you expect from a hot spring?" Garland held the twins while they splashed around in the water, they would pick up on swimming quickly but for now, they're little babies that are still just learning how to walk on their two legs, it'll be a while before they learn how to swim.

"Elin, how long have you been in Syliras?" Garland asked and placed the twins one of the steps that was going down into the pool, where the water was only reaching their waists and their necks if they're sitting down.

Phobos sat down into the water and splashed around, hitting Garland on the back of his head with water. Garland ignored it, he was just happy that the twins are having a good day.

"Lia! Lia!" Phobos tried saying Ilia's name but he had a bit of trouble with words that had more than one syllable, but it seemed like he wanted to play.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next