Closed Familiar Faces [Jasmine]

In a search for inspiration, Taurina stumbles across Jasmine and a trade of knowledge

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Familiar Faces [Jasmine]

Postby Taurina on January 6th, 2017, 5:59 am

The pair of riders moved out towards the Sea of Grass, the pace slow and steady. Taurina knew the other girl and her strider were likely capable of going much faster than they were -even when surrounded by so much heat- and felt at fault for the crawling strides they were taking. It was not even Melody’s fault, the colorsplash was capable of going much faster than they were, instead it was completely Taurina’s doing. She was unknowing and cripplingly slow. Her hands gripped at the handle on the yvas and Melody’s mane so hard that her already pale knuckles turned a deathly shade of white. Why fear gripped her so tightly she did not know, but it did and she was unable to bury it.

The heat surrounding them was suffocating and the sweat it created caused the clothe’s on Taurina’s back to stick to her. She was uncomfortable and growing weary, Melody likely was as well. Such a trek probably was not very good on either horse, but they kept moving. The Eth was unsure of how much longer they would go and how much more the horses could take, but she kept her mouth shut for the time being. There was not even anything to say for it was what it was. Nothing either rider could do about it but keep moving for the time being.

Taurina was only distracted from the misery the heat created when Jasmine’s horse began to move, lunging forward into a trot. It had likely tired of this horrible slow pace Taurina knew was her fault for setting. Melody rose her head at the sudden difference of pace set by the other horse, her own step picking up. Melody was brought back down to the pitiful walk quickly, however, for all of Taurina’s muscles tensed and her heels dug into the mare’s sides. Melody slowed easy and Taurina calmed, everything back to how it was just in time for the order to stop for a moment came from the other woman’s lips. Taurina recognized the signs given directed towards her and simply nodded as she directed Melody to a stop.

It seemed as though they were just sitting there for several chimes, not doing anything. Taurina watched the other girl curiously, facing her back so she was unable to see the glow of Jasmine’s mark and wonder what it meant. Instead Taurina just staid still and watched the land surrounding them. She was relaxed in the yvas, but within herself she was very tense. If danger stumbled upon them she knew she would be in trouble and trouble was never a good thing to be in.

The silence came to an end soon and while fear still remained, it broke up and dispersed. Only smaller shards of it remained lodged in the back of Taurina’s mind. She was told that the horses needed to rest and that (while Taurina had no idea how the other girl knew) there were boulders for them to go to the left. The Ethaefal just signed her acceptance of the situation and trusted the other girl to lead. Perhaps it was a Drykas thing that told her where the boulders were or perhaps something else entirely. Taurina did not know, but it was too hot to ask questions. Maybe later, after they had rested.

Relief washed over the Ethaefal rider when the boulders came into view for she was drenched in sweat by this point and looked forward to some relief that both her and Melody would enjoy. The time it had taken to get to the boulders had been far too long, but that had again been Taurina’s fault with the stupidly slow pace. She felt bad for the Drykas woman and her strider. Both were likely wishing to be going much faster, but had staid at the slow pace for the beginner that was with them. Taurina was grateful for that, but still felt the weight of guilt.

After they reached the boulders, Taurina got off her mare and loosened the straps of the yvas. She did not take it off for she did not wish to deal with the struggle of getting it back on, but she did loosen it so Melody could have an easier time of things. She stroked the mare’s neck gently, feeling the thick layer of sweat that covered her coat. Taurina sighed softly before covering her own piece of cloth with water and running it over the mare’s face and down her neck. If it was up to Taurina she would cool Melody’s whole body with water, but she did not have the resources for that. They would just have to make do.

“There you go darling, that’s a little better,” Taurina murmured to the mare in common, stroking her cheek with care before going into one of the yvas bags and retrieving her journal.

Taurina smiled softly before parting from her mare and going over to join Jasmine in the shade of the rocks, journal in hand. Oh how nice it was to just sit in the darkness shade brought! Syna’s rays no longer assaulted Taurina for a little while and it felt so good. The woman closed her eyes for a moment, just savoring the cool surface of the stone against her back before she opened them again to look at her mare who was grazing along with the other horse. It was after that that Taurina turned her attention to Jasmine, a small smile still lighting her face. The fear of the potential dangers out here was gone and buried in the back of her mind, no longer present enough to have much of her attention. Instead, the Eth was much more interested in getting to know about her companion for the day.

“So..” she began, finding her way back to her broken pavi, “I’m curious… um.. interested to know about you. I’m still rather unknowing about Drykas, still learning. Whatever you wish to tell me, about your life, family, strider, anything. I desire to learn.”

Taurina signed the best she could to accompany her words, fumbling around for the best ones she could remember that would match with her words. She wished to learn about this Drykas, about her life and family. She was curious about how the other girl had come to know where these boulders were, but she did not ask that. Taurina did not want to ask to much of the girl for after all, despite how friendly the girl was, they were still basically strangers. Taurina did not wish to overstep her bounds or ask to much of Jasmine. She also did not want too much to be asked of her either. So while she was willing to exchange stories and information with the girl, somethings she was determined to keep locked away during this time of waiting and resting. So to keep from asking too much, she left her request vague to allow the Drykas woman to tell her as much or as little as she wished.

“Also,” Taurina paused a moment to bring grab her journal off the grass where she had rested it, “I can begin to show you some things now if you wish, while we wait and talk. If you want that is.”

Common | Pavi | ’Thoughts’

Taurina
Lost in the Stars

Words: 752473
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2016, 4:18 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
2016 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Familiar Faces [Jasmine]

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on March 20th, 2017, 3:46 am

Jasmine looked over to the woman when she sat down beside her. As she got out all her drawing materials. The blond had always wanted to know how to draw, but she seemed to never have the time to stop. Though that appeared to be most people's problems when new things are wanting to be learned. The blonde was taken back when the woman asked about her family of all things. How come so many were interested in her family? Was it really so odd for a pavilion to be mainly made up of misfits that had run or been forced from their homes? Stopping herself from showing any sign of anger, she began to decide what all to tell the girl. She had gotten close to Amunet, before the red head disappeared. The female Drykas did not know whatever happened to the young mother. Pushing the thoughts from her head, the blonde stopped ignoring the young woman.

“My family life is a bit of a long story, but to make it shorter and save some of the headache. At thirteen years of age my hair color and skin tone did not change so my father became cruel and abusive. Finally about a year ago now we got into one last fight and he threw me from the pavilion. He swore if I ever returned even just to see my siblings, he would end me,” Jasmine spoke calmly looking at her hands that were in her lap.

The woman knew that it would take time for the other to truly absorb what she had said. After some time, the blonde looked over to her companion waiting to see what her response would be. Her heart hammered in her chest though she knew not why. Nodding her head at the woman's response, Jasmine looked over at Chaser and a smile played on her lips. The strider had always brought her a peace and happiness that only her grandfather had.

“Chaser was my savior of sorts. Through all the turmoil and anger, he would just put his big head against my cheek and let me lean on him. Him and grandfather were the only ones who I think truly understood me. And to be honest sometimes even now with the people of my pavilion that care; a part of me thinks that Chaser is still the only one that cares for me. I know it's silly and ridiculous, but I've started to have a hard time getting close to others since,” Jasmine explained before looking at the woman with big blue eyes searching for answers.
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Familiar Faces [Jasmine]

Postby Taurina on March 25th, 2017, 6:47 am

What had been something of a simple, open ended inquiry, turned into something much more. Taurina felt as the mood shifted and Jasmine told a piece of her story. It was not one of those simple, lighthearted pieces either, but a story that caused the blonde to give up a portion of her soul. There had been a family, but it had been broken and there had not been happiness with them. Strife. Anger. Sorrow. These were the things Jasmine’s family had been made of.

Taurina did not understand it all. The why of the matter was lost to her. What did hair color and skin have to do with anything? The Eth did, however, understand the pain that Jasmine carried. This Drykas woman was strong. She had persevered through adversity and came out not angry and bitter, but caring and gentle. From the sound of it, she credited her grandfather and her strider for this side of her being held onto, but Taurina thought there was more than that. Another side of the story.

The Ethaefal let the Drykas woman talk for as long as she desired. Taurina kept her focus on the blonde, her journal open in her lap and charcoal in between the opened pages. Her brown eyes did not leave the Stormblood. She was interested and despite herself, she felt the tug to care coming from within. It did not matter so much that they were more so strangers than not. A heart had been bared and that had not gone unnoticed.

“I do not know much,” Taurina admitted slowly after a pause taken to think, “but I know the pain of learning to trust again.”

The Ethaefal pavi was choppy and each word came out slow in an effort to be better understood, but she tried her best. She wanted the owner of those pretty blue eyes to know that she understood. That she cared.

“I once had connection beyond anything… even now it feels like it was a dream. The words are beyond me, the feelings ones I cannot easily express,” she tried to explain, but struggled without telling the whole story.

Taurina did not want to give up her whole soul or tell her whole story. She wished to, but there was a block. Something held her back and it was likely fear. Fear of becoming close and then having the connection stolen from her like Leth had been stolen from her. She thought that maybe it was better to not be fully attached. To protect herself so that she did not get hurt again.

“It was broken and I have been hurting ever since,” that was at least truth, she did not aim to lie to the woman for she did like Jasmine and enjoyed her company, “The search for connection.. it is continuous and it is hard. The fear of getting hurt again is so strong.” Hindering.

Taurina sighed, her gaze turning to her journal. She wanted to better show Jasmine that she understood, but she did not know how. The fear was too strong so she held back. Her story was not one that was shared. Hopefully what she had said would be enough. Hopefully she had not scared the blonde off forever. Maybe with time the fear would fade. Maybe they would grow close. Taurina did not know, but this woman was the closest thing she had to friend now despite they were not well known to each other. The Eth did not want to loose the connection, she was just not yet willing to make it stronger.

“Chaser, your grandfather, they are pillars in your life. Holding you up. I think you are strong though Jasmine,” Taurina’s gaze looked up to the woman with a small, but encouraging smile spread over her lips, “you are not angry or hateful. I do not see that when I look at you. I do not see much brokenness either, even when you have exposed so much. From the day I met you, you have been kind. Caring for other. This shows inner strength. Something within you protected you then and maybe it even still protects you. That is… good.. it is good to have that. Hold on to it, it is precious.”

Taurina
Lost in the Stars

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Familiar Faces [Jasmine]

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on April 12th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Jasmine looked at the young Drykas while she spoke. She had never really gotten a chance to know the young girl beside her. The story was the same as her's, though the blonde did not press for more information than she was willing to give. Memories caused pain in both of the girls. The female drykas was happy to know that her companion seemed to understand the hurt of the past. Azmere knew some kind of emotional pain, but he was so secretive about it. The blonde had not tried to get very close to her ankal after what she had been through. The confusion over the woman's story made a humorless laugh escape her lips.

“I know how strange it sounds. But when your entire family has dark brown almost black hair and green eyes, yet when you have blonde hair and blue eyes; it brings up awkward questions and answers. My previous ankal had the answers long before I did, and it changed his opinion of who I am. His wife, my mother, had sex with someone else the night before their wedding.......... I was the other man's child,” Jasmine stated quietly.

The blonde looked at Taurina amazed when she spoke of Chaser and her grandfather. She had not realized that the depth of their meaning had come across so easily. The woman was not the best in the Sea of Grass at expressing herself without some kind of humor. Shaking her head the blonde decided it was time for them to talk about something that did not depress the two of them.

“Enough of all this sadness, would you like to continue or draw here?” Jasmine asked with a smile.

She was ready for some kind of happiness. The horses looked like they were cooled down and rested enough. Syna was still not high in the sky yet; meaning that if the group hurried the trip may turn out profitable after all.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Familiar Faces [Jasmine]

Postby Taurina on April 19th, 2017, 2:53 am

Ah, there it was, the reason behind Jasmine’s exile from her blood related family. A baby born from an encounter that was not suppose to have been. She had been blamed for her mother’s indiscretions. She should not have been for it was wrong to judge one because of another’s actions, but so was the way of people. Especially those that felt threatened.

“Your ankal did not know how lucky he was,” Taurina spoke gently, sign accompanying some of her words, “his blood or not, you are precious..” beautiful and strong “..and he was a fool to be so cruel. He was too blind to see past his own anger. His loss. My only sorrow left over this is that the others of your family were stolen from you as well. For that I am deeply sorry.”

The Ethaefal spoke what she thought and all she believed. Jasmine was beautiful, strong, and capable. She had been torn down, but persevered. Her “father” had been a fool to not realize such things, but nothing could be changed now. What was done was done. Taurina found solace in the fact that Jasmine was not with him now. That she was far from the home of he who had done nothing but wish to harm her.

Jasmine deemed their talk to be filled with sadness and Taurina could not disagree. A close lipped smile spread over her face as she nodded in agreement. The time for sadness was over and it was time to get back to the purpose of their outing which was not to sit and dwell over all the woes of their past. There was the question of what they should do next, draw here or continue on? The Ethaefal thought a moment, let her gaze sweep over to the horses to see how they were doing. They looked better rested now. Still hot, but that was to be expected as Syna was not turning the earth any cooler.

“Let us continue on and forage some first. The drawing can come after we find something. That way we have a model and also get both things done,” Taurina suggested as she turned her gaze back to her companion and gave small smile to meet Jasmine’s own, “I could sketch all day. Get lost in the art. Best find the plants first.”

Taurina’s smile and talk of art caused a light to dance in her eyes before she stood from her spot in the shade. She was sad to leave such a nice place that shielded them from the onslaught of Syna’s rays, but they would not find anything in the boulders. No, they must continue on.

The Ethaefal headed over to her colorsplash mare, greeting her with a smile and a gentle rub against the cheek. Melody nickered softly at her rider’s appearance and pushed her nose against the woman’s chest. Taurina suspected that Melody was tired of being ridden for the day. Tired of the foreign “saddle” on her back, tired of moving in the heat, but they had to continue on. Taurina gave a sigh of understanding.

“We continue on, find food. Then later, once home, we will rest more fully. I promise,” Taurina murmured to the mare before going to the horse’s side and tightening up the yvas straps once more.

Melody was unhappy, but more compliant than she had been earlier. This was likely do to the fact she was more tired now than she had been before. Taurina climbed onto her back, using her hands and arms to push up and get her right leg over the horse. It took some time for the Ethaefal was unknowing and tired. Once on however, it was not nearly as hard as before to get situated. Once her balance was found, Taurina gripped the yvas handle with a too tight grip -formed from insecurity and fear- with one hand and the edge of Melody’s mane.

“Ready when you are,” Taurina called over to her companion, her gaze lifting and fixing on the blonde Drykas, waiting for her to lead the way to the foraging ground.

Taurina
Lost in the Stars

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Familiar Faces [Jasmine]

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on May 11th, 2017, 4:09 am

Jasmine nodded with a smile before getting up and dusting off. The girl helped her companion for the day up and headed to get Chaser. The stallion however decided he wanted to play hard to get. Laughing the blonde chased him around for a few moments before having to stop in order to breath. Sighing, she looked up at the horse trying to figure out how to out smart him. Smiling brightly the blonde played it off as if she didn't need him and started walking off. There was two things Chaser could not stand, her ignoring him and not being bribed with treats. When one was not available or over used try the second option. Snorting the horse ran up and nudged the girl to get a response. Turning her head the woman winked at Taurina and kept playing as though, she did not feel the stallion. Making a noise he trotted ahead and stood right in her way so that the Drykas would run smack into him. Shaking her head the blonde looked up at him amazed.

“Oh Chaser, there you are. I thought you didn't want to go,” Jasmine spoke with a smirk.

Snorting he turned his head before turning sideways so that she could mount up. Laughing the blonde put her boot in place; lifting herself up the woman finished getting situated. Taking hold of the yvas, she turned the stallion around. Kicking him into a short trot over to the other Drykas, Jasmine asked if the girl was ready. After the others preparations was complete, they took off riding again. About fifteen chimes later the pair found the river. Pulling to a stop the blonde got down first and allowed Chaser to drink from the water quietly. Smiling gently, she helped Taurina get Melody settled if need be. Looking at the rushing liquid, the blonde took a deep breath before climbing up on to a slippery rock to get a better view of what further down looked like. Shifting her feet some, the girl slowly lifted herself up once she was at least partially sure of her footing. Forcing her core to stay strong, the woman gazed down and noted that a few trees were down just a little ways. Trees, bushes, cattails, and a slow almost still part of the river sounded much better and safer than trying to pick cattails where they were at.

“Let's move down a little ways. The water is far more calm and there is a tree that we can look under for mushrooms and possibly even ginger,” Jasmine explained walking over after safely getting off the rock.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Familiar Faces [Jasmine]

Postby Taurina on May 11th, 2017, 10:11 pm

There was laughter in the air. Taurina turned her gaze to see Jasmine with her strider. The sight brought a smile of amusement to the Ethaefal’s lips. The blonde was resilient and the strider who had chosen her showed the same strength, even if it came out as stubbornness. The Ethaefal just watched the pair, a twinge of jealousy squeezing her heart. She believed that once she had had that. A partner through thick and thin. A strider unlike all the rest simply because he had been hers.

Taurina’s grip tightened over Melody’s mane and the yvas handle before she allowed her eyes to close for just a moment. She could picture the one of the past now. His brilliant eyes that shown with fire and passion. All the strength he had had and the spirit that never gave up. She sometimes wondered what had happened to him after her departure from that life. What had her dying caused his life to turn into? Had he died with her?

Taurina exhaled a breath she had not realized she had been holding. Jasmine’s voice was lifting in the air towards the Eth, asking if all was good to go. Taurina forced a smile and nodded, pushing away the thoughts to be dwelled upon at another time. Her legs were squeezed into Melody’s sides and with a couple gentle kicks the mare got going. The pair followed their companions for the day. The Ethaefal had decided at the beginning of this adventure to trust Jasmine and was continuing on with that by following her now and not questioning anything. She was just quiet for the roughy fifteen chimes the ride lasted. Once the river came into sight, all slowed and Jasmine dismounted.

The Ethaefal allowed help to be given, getting Melody to the water beside the stallion while she herself staid up on top of the mare. Jasmine was climbing over slippery rocks and looking for something. Taurina had decided not to join the blonde in this, afeared that if she tried to get in the water here she would fall in and be swept away. Silly, for the water was shallow here. Fast moving, but shallow enough for some of the bigger rocks to be poking out above the surface. The worst falling would do is get her wet and likely leave some bruises. Might be hard to get out because of the fast moving current, but likely not impossible. Still, she staid out and allowed Jasmine to find what she was looking for alone, almost anxiously watching as she did so.

The was a release of relief when Jas finally made her way back to the ground safely. Everything just seemed better with two feet on solid ground. The idea of getting trapped in water -even if it was another trapped and not Taurina herself- reminded the Ethaefal too much of her fall. The day she woke up with water surrounding her and struggling to find the surface so she could breath. It was a miracle she had made it, that she was alive and breathing now. Taurina tried not to think about it too much. Somehow it felt like dwelling on the matter was tempting fate in a way.

“Sounds like a good plan,” Taurina agreed with a small smile after Jasmine told her where they might find stiller water and plants, “the horses will probably like calmer water to drink at anyway.”

The Ethaefal had no idea what the plants Jasmine spoke of were, what they could do, or what they looked like, but once more she just trusted the Drykas. The other woman knew more about these things than the Ethaefal did so she had no room to question. No room to disagree. So once Jasmine was ready, Taurina followed her and Chaser down to the calmer water. Once there, the Ethaefal finally dismounted and stroked her mare in reward before allowing her at the much more still river water.

“Alright, so what do these plants we want to pick look like?” Taurina questioned once things had settled for she wanted to learn and she wanted to do things right.

She looked to her companion, awaiting answers with a curiosity and eagerness in her gaze.

Common | Pavi | 'Thoughts'

Taurina
Lost in the Stars

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Familiar Faces [Jasmine]

Postby J'Ak on January 20th, 2018, 4:38 pm

G R A D E

TAURINA
Click :
xp

Horsemanship +2
Socialization +2
Rinding: Horse +3
Rhetoric +1

lores

Horsemanship: Horses are wary of new tack
Horsemanship: Entice a horse to tack up with treats
Socialization: Trading one favour for another
Amethyst Clan: Known for their horsemanship
Jasmine: Raised in the Amthyst Clan
Jasmine: Daughter of an affair & cast out from her pavilion

JASMINE
Click :
xp

Horsemanship +3
Socialization +2
Riding: Horse +2
Rhetoric +2
Observation +1
Leadership +1

lores

Horsemanship: Enticing a horse to tack up with treats
Amethyst Clan: Known for their horsemanship
Horsemanship: Monitoring a horse's temperature while riding
Taurina: Has suffered a deep loss
Taurina: Insightful & perceptive
Chaser: Greedy for Jasmine's attention

N O T E S
Click :
I enjoyed watching Taurina & Jasmine getting along. You both brought elements of realism, especially with envy, the vulnerability & annoyance. Awesome!

If you feel I missed anything let me know via PM!
Don't forget to edit your grade request
here,  
J'Ak
Player

Words: 8630
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2015, 2:35 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Previous