New player, new problem child

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Draas on April 15th, 2017, 1:52 am

Hi guys! I'm Stick and I'm so new that I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do for my character avatar. I'm super-excited and probably going to make a bunch of mistakes but I am very excited to start playing here in Mizahar!

I'll be playing Draas. He's lived most of his life in Kalinor, was raised by Symenestra, and he would have a perfectly normal happy spider-person life if he was not, in fact, a perfectly normal human male. He was... adopted. And I'm still not 100% sure I can actually do that, but what the heck.

Things Draas is good at:
- Following orders!
- Tightrope walking!
- Punching things!

Things Draas is not good at:
- Talking to people
- His feelings
- Being a human
- Being a spider
- Coping with the constant opposing duality of his existence and the fact that he will never feel accepted anywhere because he doesn't have enough self esteem to believe he is worthy of being accepted
- Accounting
- Not being homeless
- Most things an adult should be able to do

So if that's your jam, hit me up somewhere and we can thread! He could really use some friends, or anyone to show him how to not be so alarming all of the time. I had him set out for Alvadas, but he's on a long, winding quest for a magic cure, so he can wind up pretty much anywhere eventually.

As for me... I've been RPing for years, but I'm used to present-tense journal-based games, so getting back into the forum world is kind of a challenge. I love character writing and host a podcast about spooky stories in my spare time. I'm always suuuuper busy, so I'm kind of a slow replier--but I try to make all my in-character writing of a quality that the wait is at least worth it, haha.

That's it for now, I guess? Uh, nice meeting you all! :)
"Honor the chains you have begun and the kin who nourished you in your youth.
There is no connection without surety and no strength without dedication."

- Excerpt from the Viratassa
Draas
Unsocialized mama's boy.

Words: 11347
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2017, 7:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Languish on May 12th, 2017, 1:03 am

Hello there, Draas!

It's a shame no one welcomed you yet. I see you've taken up residence in Alvadas, and you have a very interesting character going. I'll be keeping my eye on you... :ninja:

If you ever need anything, all of us ST's are here to help. Just let me know.
Welcome,
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Kiki Sagewood on May 12th, 2017, 10:36 am

Hi Stick, nice to meet you! Draas sounds like such a sweetie, oh my god.
Just curious, what podcast do you host? (I've recently got super into podcasts haha)

Also
So if that's your jam, hit me up somewhere and we can thread!

nice spider pun? XD
Kiki Sagewood
Player

Words: 898
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2017, 2:42 pm
Race: Kelvic

Postby Ball on May 19th, 2017, 12:28 pm

I don't think that was a pun... but

Hiii! ohh Spider welcome!
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes