Placeholder What's Small, Fury, and Loud? I don't Know.

Part II Of Ramona's Spring Job Thread.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

What's Small, Fury, and Loud? I don't Know.

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on June 8th, 2017, 2:30 pm

35th,Spring, 517AV

Part One.

Well... it was something. Ramona didn't really know what it was, it looked like a squirrel and an otter St the same time, but the size of it was in the middle of both of them combined. While averaging it out, and comparing it. The creature had like a golden dirt colored fur, and its eyes were big. Whiskers and everything, short legs, but Ramona wasn't sure if it had claws or not, so she figured that it wasn't too dangerous.

On the other hand, it could dig. So that was a problem that Ramona had to try and figure out. She really didn't know how to get herself out of this one, and shooting at it won't solve a thing, and the Drykas contemplated, and she was running out of time so she must come up with something fast. Otherwise, there would be no food for her and her brother tonight, and that would be a bad sign of weakness. Ramona was bound to keep her responsibilities on track and make sure to avoid any inconvenience.

"Oh, I got it."Ramona thought aloud, she dismounted Anthem, and picked up her arrow. She knew that she won't be able to shoot them in time as they pop out, but what if she could persuade Anthem to help her catch them? It could work, though, she was sure that horses don't really do that kind of thing, unless they were fighting wolves or coyotes that could threaten their lives.

Ramona walked back to Anthem, and stroked his mane, he snorted a bit disgusted of how Ramona's behavior has been a little off, but he decided to go along with it and listen to Ramona's compromise.

"I don't know how well you are at hunting, but Anthem, we need to catch these animals. It could help all of us. Any amount of animal we can get, would be lovely? In return, I will find you some apples, tomorrow?" She paused, Ramona leaned forward to give a kiss on Anthem's forehead. "What do you say, big boy. Are you up for it?"
Care to help out, leave a response?

SPEECH

|| "Pavi." || Pavi Sign. || "Other Speaking 1." || My Speech 1." || My Thoughts || "Common." ||

"I see skies of blue. Red roses too. I will always love you."

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Words: 118181
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2017, 12:08 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on June 8th, 2017, 3:00 pm

35th, Spring, 517AV

Ramona​ waited for Anthem to respond, and he contemplated on what to do, he wasn't much of a hunter. He was just built to have a bondmate and transport them wherever they needed to go. Ramona was being very stubborn, and Anthem didn't appreciate it how, how stubborn one can be. Though, if he and Ramona been through a lot together, than hunting these small creatures wouldn't be the death of him. He raised his mane and snorted, which caused snot to smother Ramona's face.

"I see, ew, that's gross."Ramona spoke, she also signed, stubborn,as Anthem seemed to have finally complied with Ramona. "We should look for the other entrance for these creatures, if there are more than entrance, we would probably be able to trap them, but we won't be able to fit..." Ramona thought aloud, she looked back towards the horizon, she was running out of time, and time seemed to pass faster than it usually did.

Hunting was challenging. It wasn't easy, and she wondered how the hunters from Emerald Clan managed to do so well at keeping up with everything else.

"Perhaps, I could try covering up the holes?"She thought, as she thought, she wandered around the area, as she hoped to scope something out, and maybe figure out what to do with the holes once she found them. Just about 10 feet from the first hole Ramona noticed something. Tracks. The same ones by the lake, she was close, she followed them, and Anthem stayed back by the first hole. Ramona was exposed now, nearly isolated, and she had the disadvantage. She would have to be super careful now.

There it was again, the topping sounds. Coming from ahead of where she was walking, the tracks were leading over to that same direction. She noticed movement behind some underbrush, a prickly bush was discovered, and a few more of them too. There it was, trapped with thorns stuck in its side, there were actually three of them. Stuck together, well one of them was trying to pull the other one out, by biting on another's​ tail. It was halfway free, but Ramona figures that she could quickly take aim at the creature and shoot it. It was only five feet away or so.

She aimed at the prairie dog, the one that was trying to free the others. She fired again, but missed with the same arrow, the shaft snapped as it bounced against the ground, and the arrowhead bounced into the tall grass around the bush. Ramona sighed, and observed the prairie dog scurry around the bush
Yapping in fear, and the other two struggled and whimpered as Ramona came nearer. She felt really guilty now shooting at the prairie dog that was found earlier. She shot him again when he was only trying to rescue the other two trapped in the throne bush.

Ramona couldn't really help them, she didn't know anything about medicine. She wished she had, but the least she can do is put both of them out of their misery. With a couple tears that streamed down her face, she pulled out another arrow from her quiver after she called Anthem​ over.

She was really close now, and she didn't need to focus too much about worrying missing the animals. She fired, and struck the first one in its back, it squealed in pain as it collapsed onto a thorn, and Ramona pulled it out, calling out to Dira as she grabbed hold of the dog, and snapped its neck. Her hands were slightly cut by the thorn, and Ramona had to shoot the other one as well, but that one had managed to die within the bush, since it was really tangled up with the thorns. It saddened Ramona, but she knew that this was what she needed to do in order to survive.

She managed to pull it out, but her cuts on her arms and hands was a little deeper, but not too deep, just deep enough to draw blood, and Ramona figures that she could get back home as quick as possible. She tied their tails around together, and strapped her shortbow, and quiver back around the Yvas. She also tied the tails around the Yvas so that she wouldn't have to hold them the entire time and get blood all over them. Ramona would be able to get someone else to skin them and cook them for her and her brother, while her wounds were tended to.

It didn't take her and Anthem too long to get back home. Once she reached the gates, she asked one of the Watchman to show her to a healer, so that her hands could be cleaned and well taken care of, and another to send the dogs to get them skinned. So that they could be cooked and that Bhug and Ramona would be able to eat.

She never bothered to ask what these animals were.
Care to help out, leave a response?

SPEECH

|| "Pavi." || Pavi Sign. || "Other Speaking 1." || My Speech 1." || My Thoughts || "Common." ||

"I see skies of blue. Red roses too. I will always love you."

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Words: 118181
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2017, 12:08 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rufio on August 14th, 2017, 9:38 pm

G R A D E

xp

Observation +2
Rhetoric +1
Horsemanship +1
Hunting +2
Tracking +1
Weapon, Shortbow +1

lores

Returning from a failed hunt is a sign of weakness
Horsemanship: Bribing with apples