Open Watchers, Groupies And Partygoers

The Spring Triathlon takes place and Endrykas fills with a festive atmosphere.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Watchers, Groupies And Partygoers

Postby Ashka Windrunner on May 20th, 2017, 4:44 am

Info :
This thread is for all of us enjoying the festivity of the Spring Triathlon without participating. Feel free to post just once or more, we might decide of a posting order later but for now this totally open. Enjoy !

20th of Spring, morning | Windrunner Pavilion

The day had finally arrived, with a cloudless and bright sky and a soft breeze refreshing the city. There was still time before the first challenge, the archery, got to a start, but Endrykas already buzzed with activity, even more so with the competition taking place later this day.

Ashka sat cross-legged outside the family pavilion, waiting for others to be ready before heading to the festivities. She had risen with Syna in order to finish her chores early, so she could spend the day enjoying in the lively atmosphere of the Triathlon. The girl watched as Drykas and walakhs made their way to the center of the Tent City. Endrykas had seemingly swelled up with people the past few days, undoubtedly coming to be part of the festivities. So many days had passed since the Drykas came together for a city-wide celebration, that even some of the most wilderness-dwelling Pavilions, usually away from Endrykas, had travelled for the occasion. She recognised the Rivergrass knotwork in the braids of three children running by, and the couple walking arms locked together bore the colours and symbols of the Dinos Pavilion.

The sound of footsteps behind her back told her the others were ready. Ashka leaped up and glanced at her family expectantly, eager to leave.

Dressed in their finest clothes and groomed with care, they wore the Pavilion's colours proudly. Everyone carried some purple or lavender within their garments to honor the Amethyst Clan, and hair were styled meticulously. Ashka beamed a delighted smile, appreciative of their efforts. Even Dalor had made a point to arrange his dark brown hair in a fashion similar to his father's.

However, one individual, or more exactly his absence, tempered her bright smile with a tinge of sadness; Lohar was still bed-bound, his condition worsened recently by the damp weather. Iris stayed behind to care for him, but both had promised to join the festivities for the horse race, and those words had warmed Ashka's heart; if he felt good enough to come out , then maybe there was still a chance for healing.

Leaving those thoughts and the camp behind, the Windrunner folks each called on their Striders and departed for the Warstorm Pavilion, where the first challenge held place.

---

Chimes later | Warstorm Pavilion

Ashka rode with no hurry, rocking gently on her stallion's back as they made their way through the gathering crowd. Mouth-watering smells filled the air as small food stands were set up around, selling roasted poultry, grilled fish, warm pastries, and all sorts of delicious snacks. Some had also erected tables where they offered jewelry, beads and stones, or leather straps for trade. There was truly a festival atmosphere, and Ashka started to understand Thomas' idea. The Drykas people could put their worries aside for a day and instead enjoy the celebration. She also overheard a talk of dances and music to take place later on and a grin found her lips; with Baultime already settled and selling, the evening's performances promised to be entertaining.

Somewhere on her right, a trio of women clad in rich scarlet clothing and mounted atop magnificently groomed Striders talked and laughed, oblivious to the admiring gazes of the Drykas men around. Turningleaf's daughters. The Triathlon was indeed a great occasion for people to mingle and meet, and possibly create new alliances. Ash had a brief thought for her cousin Laena, and whispered a short prayer to the godess Cheva to help accomplish Laena's dearest wish.

Her attention then shifted to the center of the Warstorm Pavilion, where targets had been put up and participants where getting ready. Still atop Lako, she could easily see Caith checking his arrows and excitement filled her, earnest that she was to cheer for her brother.

It was now a matter of chimes before the official start...

Pavi Grassland sign | Common | Nari
Pavi Grassland signs | Common | Nari
Ashka Windrunner
Player

Words: 101161
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2016, 9:54 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on May 22nd, 2017, 3:38 am

You steal this code, I will hunt you down!!

Ramona Silvertongue

Watchers, Groupies, And Partygoers

| "Pavi Speech." | Pavi Sign. |

20th, Spring, 517av

Bhug was getting dressed, and it took nearly ages for him to cloth himself. Although, he is only five years of age and still learning. Ramona had dressed herself in her casual wear, she had her hair tied into knots that she did in a half a bell at least, and she interlaced the knots with purple beads that represented the Amethyst Clan. Ramona loved to hunt, it was one of the few things she and her father had had in common.

Although, that was only a few years ago when they've died. Though, their deaths was well remembered along with everyone else's who helped fight against the Zith that had fiercely attacked their home, her home. Ramona had to watch her parents get torn and scratched. It still gave her nightmares, but she knew that she'll get over it soon, at least she had hoped.

Maybe the Triathlon will keep her mind off of things for now, but by this rate they'll never make it in time and so she must act fast if she wanted her and Bhug to make it. Since the Triathlon was at the Warstorm Pavillion, it wasn't too far, but she merely just wanted to get a good seat to watch it.

"Okay Bhug, I'm coming in."Ramona warned, and she ambled across the earth and stepped inside the tent. He was struggling with his shoes, Ramona smiled as he was doing his best to put them on, though the heels were merely bothering him.

"Be careful, not so rough." Ramona spoke sweetly and almost in a whisper.

"But Ramona I tried."Bhig protested instinctively. Ramona was fairly getting used to her younger brother's excuses, but she decided that he was being honest and probably had trouble with the heels in the first place- or maybe he hadn't even tried with the shoes to put them on the right way and maybe he's just wearing them wrong? Ramona took a look at the shoes and realized that he was wearing them wrong. She chuckled lightly.

"They're on the wrong feet."Explained Ramona and she kneeled down and told Bhug to sit down so she could pull the shoes off and switch them to put them back on the right feet. "There."She smiled and Bhug stood back up and went to fetch Ramona's shortbow and quiver. It was her main weapon until she learns more with her fists.

"Thanks, are you ready to get going?"Asked Ramona, Bhug nodded excitedly and hurried outside to confront Anthem Ramona's Strider. Ramona lifted Bhig up from behind after she followed him suit and carefully perched him on the Yvas. Ramona struggled a bit to get on top of Anthem to not knock off Bhig, but she did. It was awkward, yet not impossible.

"Let's make our way towards the Warstorm Pavillion Anthem."
Care to help out, leave a response?

SPEECH

|| "Pavi." || Pavi Sign. || "Other Speaking 1." || My Speech 1." || My Thoughts || "Common." ||

"I see skies of blue. Red roses too. I will always love you."

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Words: 118181
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2017, 12:08 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ashka Windrunner on June 19th, 2017, 4:01 pm

Silences and clamours successively filled the air as the crowd held its breath and let it out in loud cheers, while watching each candidate take turn with the bow. Arrows flew, most of them hitting target, all of them stealing exclamations of relief, encouragement, admiration, from the hundreds of mouth gathered around the Warstorm Pavilion. Competitiveness weighted in the atmosphere.

All caught up in the general mood, Ashka was cheering and shouting with everybody else as she watched the contestants succeeding or failing the different challenges. Her heart, of course, was all with her brother, but she couldn't help but admire some of the others. One man especially caught her attention. Clad in the silvery white of the Diamond Clan, like many great fighters of the Tent City, he had not miss a single shot and, even though the difficulty of the challenges increased, seemed so confident in his skills that Ash already pictured him as the future winner.
His pride carried him head high and hand strong. She watched as he drew and nocked a new arrow, shoulders tensing, head cocked aside while he aimed; an unusual stance that had served him greatly so far. The tension grew thicker with the crowd's attention, some Drykas holding their breath, not making a sound, all expectant of his success. Finally, the release, the bolt piercing the air and hitting the furthest target with a loud thump.
The crowd exploded again, all shouts and claps, and Ashka realised with no small amount of surprise that she was holding her breath as well. For a stranger, for the shot that made him the crowd's new favourite. She shook herself off and set her eyes back onto Caith.

Her brother had been observing the Diamond Clan Drykas as well but, if he was ever impressed or worried about what he saw, he showed nothing of it. He kept his usual nonchalant, self-assured expression while discussing with one of his friends, also competing. Their turn to shoot was apparently over, so Ash could draw her attention back onto other archers.

Under her, Lako stirred, getting impatient. The grey Strider did not mind the crowd and the noise, but inactivity did not suit him for long. He stomped the ground with his front hooves, making a show of his growing need for action.
"Alright boy, let's move around a bit." Ash patted the stallion's neck briefly before shifting her weight and legs to turn him around and ride away from the gathered crowd. His hasty steps carried them behind a group of mounted Drykas wearing the colours of the Emerald Clan. Very loudly, they cheered for a young woman with dark hair whose turn was coming up in the competition. Ashka smiled an indulgent smile, understanding very well how excited people could be when encouraging their friends and family.
She dismounted with a swing of her right leg over Lako's back, and landed with a dull thud.
"Go, boy, go run around a bit. I will be here a moment." She caressed his soft nose gently as a goodbye, and watched him canter away, hooves beating the ground rythmically as he made his way out of the city.

The redhead Drykas then casted her eyes around, looking for familiar faces to join for the celebration. Her family was scattered all over, and soon enough she spotted Kelis with friends a few dozen feet away, waving for her to come. Ashka returned their smiles and slithered through the crowd to them. She did not notice the child, perched atop a dark Strider, who seemed to have taken a lot of interest in the ribbons in her hair.

OOCI figured I shouldn't decide of Bhug's actions, since he's your NPC. If you need anything changed in the post, just let me know :)
(Oh I also improvised with the colour of Anthem, I couldn't find the info anywhere. Let me know if there's anything wrong !)

Ashka Windrunner
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on July 3rd, 2017, 5:05 pm

DAY, SEASON, 517AV

Bhug was... somewhere. Oh where could he have gone. Ramona was careful as she rode Anthem. She didn't want to bump into anybody. At least she was a pretty good rider. Nonetheless, she still had to be careful. There was cheering in the background, and competitors from all of the Clans participated with the fun. Ramona wished to partake so badly, but she wasn't as good as the others. She still needed her practice.

She had been practicing almost every day. The others, she used for hunting when she needed to. She had to support her family somehow. Otherwise, they wouldn't get very far; the two of them. Though, now wasn't the time to think about work and training. Now, they should think about fun! Ramona was glad for the Triathlon. Because she liked the joyous events that take place within it. It made everyone feel excited about it, and Ramona cheered for her Clan. The Diamond Clan. She hoped they would win.

Though, as a few chimes passed, and Ramona was watching the archery contest. She didn't know where Bhug was, and she felt worried. She should have been keeping an eye on the boy, but she was too busy having fun. She slapped her forehead in dismay and rubbed her temples. That boy would be the death of her if she couldn't help it.

She looked around as she sat on the Yvas. He coulsnt have just slipped away. He must've left earlier when he was wondering around. Ramona told him to stay close. Does he ever listen, not all of the time.

She reversed Anthem, and slowly zigzagged her way out of the crowd looking for her brother.

"Bhug! Where did you go!"Ramona called out, she hoped to find him. She wouldn't know where he would have gone. Though, another few chimes had passed and she was ready to go back to the games until she noticed Bhug attempt at being sneaky. Ramona slipped off of Anthem and hurried before Bhug was about to accidentally peek under some woman's clothing.

No Bhug!" Ramona called out and scooped him up, but accidentally tripped and toppled into Ashka. She frowned at her younger brother. "I am so so sorry." she signed as well, Bhug, arrogance. She looked at Bhig and gave him the stink-eye. "You know better."

oocIt's cool. I should have added the image back in her CS when I was changing it. It's there now! :)

SPEECH

|| "Pavi." || Pavi Sign. || "Other Speaking 1." || My Speech 1." || My Thoughts || "Common." ||

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ashka Windrunner on July 13th, 2017, 2:04 pm

Her mind all busy trying to snake through the crowd without stepping on anyone, Ashka hadn't noticed the child nearby, all ready to play his tricks on the first unknowing target he'd find. She simply tried to make her way to her cousin, a hundred feet away.
A sudden push from behind made the Drykas turn her head around swiftly, but she lost her balance without seeing what happened; before she could react she was stumbling and falling forward. She only had enough time to stretch her arms in front of her before meeting the ground. The redhead let out a low groan and, pushing against the ground with her palms, worked to get herself back up. She glanced down briefly to check herself for cuts but the only consequence of the fall was a dark green stain on her knee. She swiped her clothes and turned to find out who had toppled into her. Turning around, Ashka found herself face to face with another woman, visibly Drykas from her looks and locks, but not one of her acquaintances.

The stranger apologised readily, having apparently lost balance herself and tumbled down. She signed words the redhead didn't understand until she noticed a young boy, brown-haired and hazel-eyed, standing by with a grin on his face. Ashka guessed he was the cause of the fall, by the look the dark-haired woman gave him. She signed to the other woman to let her know she was fine.
"Don't worry, no damage. What about you, are you hurt ? What just happened ?
"

Ashka's eyes then moved from the woman to the child, the same question forming on her hands. You okay ? She gave him a brief smile that she wanted reassuring. She remembered with some nostalgia how herself and mostly her brothers got in all sort of trouble when they were children, going on their very own adventures; hopefully this one had not done anything serious and wouldn't be punished to harshly.

Next, she noticed the silver and white beads the two wore, and understood they belonged to the Diamond Clan, like the archer she had been observing a few chimes earlier. In an attempt to keep a good mood between them, she changed the conversation to the ongoing festivities.
"I am Ashka Windrunner, Amethyst Clan" she started, introducing herself. "Are you two part of the Diamond Clan ? I have seen one of your warrior competing today – archer, skillful. It seems your Clan is doing well in the Triathlon, so far."

Ashka Windrunner
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on July 30th, 2017, 6:12 pm

DAY, SEASON, 517AV

The huntress, wasn't very strong willed when Ashka asked her what had happened. However uncomfortable Ramona felt, she was sure that Bhug was feeling quite joyous at the moment. Though, that wouldn't last for long. Aside from him being five years old, that doesn't mean he's allowed to look under other women's undergarments. "My brother, Bhug was not being himself. He was... erm, lifting up your drawers." Ramona blushed, "he doesn't do this usually... well, mostly because I am with him a lot." Ramona answered smoothly, "you do not understand Pavi Sign?" Ramona inquired, as she inspected Ashka a bit, but she held onto Bhug's hand quite roughly; so that in the mean time when he attempts to escape, he wouldn't have a fair advantage this next time.

Ashka had introduced herself as a part of the Amethyst Clan. "I am Ramona Silvertongue, and this is Bhug Silvertongue, my brother as I had mentioned before. He's quite... devious when he's alone. Only lost him for a few chimes and I tumble into you... not saying it's a bad thing just, brother business..." Ramona blushed, she would be happy to meet her during another occasion, but if this was going to be a continuous thing with Bhug; Ramona might need to take extra precautions.

"Yes yes, Diamond Clan, our Clan does their best to provide good warriors. I do believe we have a good selection of them. Not to boast or anything, I'm just referencing what I've heard." Ramona said quietly, not wanting to attract any attention than what she had already.

"I thought I saw a few of yours, if I'm not mistaken? How do you think the Triathlon will go?" Ramona said turning to take a good look at the contestants at the archery range. "It is quite fascinating."

SPEECH

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ashka Windrunner on September 3rd, 2017, 9:20 am

Ashka nodded at the woman's explanation, understanding, although she blushed at the mention of her brother trying to sneak under people's clothes. It was very unexpected behaviour for a child so young... But the other reassured her, clarifying that she usually watched him closely enough for it to not happen. As Ashka knew, young boys could prove difficult to manage, so the best she could do with the situation is offer some kind of help.

"Maybe he needs some children of his age to play with..." she started, signing socialization, friends along with her words. "How old is he ? I have young nephews who never run out of energy. They are always happy to meet another playing partner. I mean... If you are interested, I can talk to the mothers, and maybe they could meet. It could keep him busy for a little while," she added with a vague gesture of her hands and a hesitant smile. Ashka wasn't sure what pushed her to make this suggestion, and she hoped the other would not think it offensive. Drykas people were so protective of their children, who knew which reaction the stranger could have.

As the conversation continued, the redhead mentally noted their names and nodded approvingly at Ramona's comments on the Diamond Clan.
"Yes, yes, I understand Pavi. You don't need to apologise, I have heard a lot about the warriors of your Clan before," she responded, shaping with her words fame, strength, combat. "Many in my family have learned to fight from Diamond Clan people. Their reputation is well-deserved."

With a glance at the competitors readying new arrows for the next round, she continued.
"Yes, there are a few of us. Although the Amethyst people aren't as good archers as, say, Diamond or Emerald. This challenge will be over soon, and after that, I look forward to the horse race, that's where my Clan will shine. And actually, one of my brothers is competing as well," she added with a glimmer of pride in her eyes. "He is doing good. But for the archery, I think this man will win it all," she added with a hand pointing at the Drykas man she had been watching a few chimes ago. He was now chatting on the side of the Warstorm pavilion with a young blonde woman, oblivious to the frenzy of the crowd around them. "I believe he belongs to your Clan. Do you know who he is ?"

Last edited by Ashka Windrunner on October 6th, 2017, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashka Windrunner
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on September 3rd, 2017, 2:45 pm

DAY, SEASON, 517AV

"He's five."Ramona claimed, and held onto her brother's hands. Her throat became tight, as she thought about telling Ashka that she and Bhug lost their parents during the last Zith encounter. She had a fear of telling others of her loss, it had taken a toll on Ramona. She was supposed to learn how to train from her father.

Since he was dead, he won't be able to now. It was angering. Ramona swore revenge on the Zith, and ever since then; she's been working to train more with her skills. Hunting has been helping her a lot.

When Ashka mentioned about meeting the other women from Ashka's Pavillion, Ramona tightened her grasp on Bhugs hand, he mumbled ouch and attempted to free himself, but Ramona kept him closer.

"Can I Ramona?"Bhug asked with little anticipation, she looked down at him, and her hair flowed in front of her face, she pushed it aside with her free hand before looking back at Ashka.

"I guess it wouldn't be a bad gesture. Bhug normally plays with other kids from the Diamond Clan around his age, so it wouldn't hurt for him to make new friends."Ramona declared and nodded to Ashka. She wondered why Ashka looked slightly dismayed when she suggested to them about meeting the other mothers.

"So when are we leaving? Can we go now-"Bhug asked excitedly he was hopping up and down and bounced on his heels.

"We have to see. Just relax there bud."Ramona advised in a soothing voice. When Ashka asked about the man with the little wisps of blonde hair sticking out from his hat.

"I think I've seen him around the Warstorm Pavillion before? He is quite good at what he does."Ramona agreed. "I can't wait for the horse race! I love them!"

SPEECH

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ashka Windrunner on September 10th, 2017, 8:51 pm

"Five, you say ? That's about the same as the boys. Well, if he wants to meet new children, you can find us somewhere in the Amethyst wing. We usually stay close to the Thunderherd," she added for extra detail. The redhead turned to the boy who showed great enthusiasm at the idea and her features shifted into an amused expression. Energetic, eager, he would get along well with Drathan.
"We can go meet them in a moment, for now let's enjoy the festivities !"

Just as she finished speaking, a clamour rose from the crowd watching the archery challenge. When the Drykas turned their heads to figure out its cause, they could see that the first part of the Triathlon had drawned to an end and the winner had been named; everyone bursted in applause, the masses began to stir and move around, and the central area where the targets had been installed was deserted. This floating moment before the horse race would now fill with the calls and barter of every single vendor around, those who would seize this opportunity when the crowd isn't mezmerised by the competition.

One of them approached the pair, a tall, thin woman wearing richly embroided garments. She carried a woven tray of fine wood and offered the women a look at her wares.
"Greetings, ladies," she addressed them with a graceful smile. "May I interest you in some fine jewellery ? Maybe a silver brooch, or a nice pendant ?"
Her warm tone complemented her pleasant expression and Ashka felt a smile naturally appear on her lips. Her gaze lowered to examine the woman's goods as she returned a greeting. Skillfully arranged atop the tray, armbands, bracelets, trinkets, gemstones and more offered to the eye an array of colours, from shiny golds to soft greens to jet blacks amongst many more. The Drykas' eyes widen in admiration; this was work of excellent craftsmanship.

The woman noticed the interest in Ashka's gaze and spun the tray as to let Syna's rays dance on the precious metals and gems, making them shine even brighter. "Anything you like, dear ? This silver band would suit your eyes well." Ashka eyes moved between the woman and the gemstones, having indeed found one at her liking.
"Beautiful gems you have here, but I am not sure I can afford them," she carefully said, signing her uncertainty. "How much do you ask for this kind of stone ?" the redhead asked, pointed at a magnificently shaped blue one. It was now the seller's eyes that shone a more brilliant hue.
"This one is 30 gold mizas, unless you offer something to trade it for and we can review the price."

That tone, this precise choice of words, Ashka could recognise it any time. Her aunt had the same sharp, onto-the-point intonation when bartering with other merchants. The Drykas smiled, amused, before she shook her head.
"Too much for me, then... And what about this purple one ?"
The woman glanced at the polished stone, much more common than the previous one.
"This one... I would ask you 3 gold and 5 silver for it."
Ashka scratched her head, falsely pondering. "Hmm... What about 3 golds and I run an errand for you some time ?"
The other's smile stretched even larger, now certain of the girl's interest.
"I appreciate your offer but the price isn't changing."
The redhead shrugged her shoulders and gave up on her faked mild curiosity.
"As you wish. I will take it anyway – agreement."

The Drykas pulled the coins out of a purse hanging at her belt and in less than a chime the exchange was over, Ashka now in possession of superb purple bead*banded purple agate.

She then glanced around, searching for her family and particularly her brother. Through the colourful and moving crowd, it proved to be a task more difficult than she expected, but after a chime and some serious concentration, her grey gaze fixed upon the blonde curls of a woman clad in her Pavilion's colours. Her aunt Suwan stood there, and soon Ashka spotted the rest of the family near her. With a smile, the redhead Drykas turned back to Ramona and her brother.

"We are going to watch the horse race together – Pavilion, support. Do you want to join us and meet my sisters now ? Or are you going to meet up with your family ?"

Ashka Windrunner
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on September 29th, 2017, 6:41 pm

"I'm good on the accessories, thank you." Ramona said with a polite tone and nodded. Sorry.She shrugged, not much to offer, and after she heard about the price of the first necklace, she couldn't afford to keep buying accessories when hunting was a pain in the arse as it was. Ramona earned her money through hardships, and she will lose it as quickly as she earned it by purchasing necklaces that she doesn't really need. She kept a content look and a sure shrug as the sales-woman walked away. She seemed to be in a better mood when, Ashka purchased the second necklace.

"We are going to watch the horse race together – Pavilion, support. Do you want to join us and meet my sisters now ? Or are you going to meet up with your family ?" Bhug looked up, and jumped excitedly.

"Can we Ramona, can we?"Bhug asked, as the two followed Ashka.

"Sure, we can see them." Ramona said with a smile to the both of them. "Lead the way." Ramona said with an open gesture and held onto Bhug's hand. "Just make sure you don't run away this time." She said to him.

|"Pavi Speech" | Pavi Sign | "Common." | "Other Speech."|

SPEECH

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next