Solo [Warstorm Pavillion] May The Winds Guide Me

Ramona practices some archery. 10th of Summer. [Placeholder]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

[Warstorm Pavillion] May The Winds Guide Me

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on June 7th, 2017, 11:56 pm

10th, Summer, 517AV

Hunting was difficult for Ramona, she wasn't used to hunting out on her own, not without her father. It was just last season that she really started to focus on her hunting skills. She figured that she could slowly start working her way up to becoming a Watchman by knowing how to hunt, but to know how to hunt took a lot of effort and time. Time she would rather be spending with her brother Bhug; speaking of Bhug, she had decided that he could tag along as Ramona set out for the Warstorm Pavillion once again, and for another attempt, she would be practicing her shortbow skills. She figured that she should start practicing now when she has the time.

Riding Anthem wasn't too hard, she was pretty confident with riding, but she knew that she needed to learn more tricks with Anthem, and in order to be perfect she needs to practice. It seems that she needed to practice with a lot of skills in order for her to better suit her performances.

"You see it Bhug, the tent?"Ramona asked in common, she gestured a finger over to the Warstorm Pavillion that housed archery targets and currently hosted a few trainees who were dispersed about the field.

"Yes, I see it, I do." Bhug responded jovially, he smiled. He was more or less excited about watching Ramona practice. Or perhaps it was more of the fact that he was able to spend some time with Ramona instead of playing with the other younger Whalaks. Anthem trotted towards the Pavillion and stopped meters away from the main tent and grazed on the grass after Ramona had slipped off of Anthem and helped her brother get down as well. Ramona unstrapped her shortbow, and asked Bhig to gather up the quill. He happily complied and handed the quiver to his sister. Though, with some struggle. Ramona felt ready to start off her day.
Last edited by Ramona Silvertongue on June 20th, 2017, 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Care to help out, leave a response?

SPEECH

|| "Pavi." || Pavi Sign. || "Other Speaking 1." || My Speech 1." || My Thoughts || "Common." ||

"I see skies of blue. Red roses too. I will always love you."

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Words: 118181
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2017, 12:08 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on June 14th, 2017, 2:27 am

DAY, SEASON, 517AV

The easy agreeable huntress, looked skeptical, but she was determined. If she were to get better at this, she needed to work on her archery skills. She also decided that she should also probably focus on her unarmed combat soon rather than later, since she doesn't really use swords. She doesn't have anything against the weapons- blades for that matter.

Last time she used a sword was when she was really young, perhaps a little older than Bhug. She almost cut off her father's arm. She was reall bad at holding blades, and that was why she never really wanted to skin the animals after her father had hunted either. It was something that unsettled her, holding blades in general.

Though, she never promised to go back to using a blade. If she really needed to backwards step into using a blade she wouldn't mind. She would agree to it, as long as someone gives her a good enough reason. Her fists were good enough for her. Bhug wandered over to play catch the butterfly as a few of them flew around and took care of Ramona's worry of occupying the young boy.

Ramona hadn't had too much trouble putting an arrow against the string of the shortbow that her father had given her. If it was one weapon that her father had taught her; it was the bow (and learning how to fight with her fists), she was glad that her father was there for her when she needed him. She was also glad how he and her mother had taught her the ways of the Drykas. She was glad for a lot of things, and now she thought that she might have had taken it all for granted.

Once she had the arrow readied she took her stance before shooting. Her stance was very sloppy, and she raised the bow as she focused her aim. She was roughly ten feet or so from the target. Her arm was a little tensed, from pulling the string back, her right hand shook and she fired. The arrow went flying over the target and landed about fifteen feet from where she wanted it to be. She frowned, and decided to not give up. She was sure that she would be able to learn how to use the shortbow soon. Even if it did take her a few years.

SPEECH

|| "Pavi." || Pavi Sign. || "Other Speaking 1." || My Speech 1." || My Thoughts || "Common." ||

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on June 14th, 2017, 8:42 pm

DAY, SEASON, 517AV

Ramona shot another arrow, still she possessed the sloppy positioning that she had adapted herself to. The second arrow hit the ground, just a few feet from the target. She sighed, but a smile etched across her face as she was still determined to make sure to work as hard as she can in order to get really good with the shortbow.

There was a hearty laugh that trailed behind Ramona. She didn't know who it was of course, but the footsteps- she could hear them get closer.

"You won't be able to shoot like that!"A man's voice chided. Ramona spun around, and she had already shot two arrows and she had already gathered attention to herself. Which she was hoping to not do. There was a man, who ambled towards her, he had average Drykas features, but one that struck her as odd was the black fur hat that the man had wore. There was one question that came to mind; who was he?

"Who might you be?"Ramona asked instinctively. She really didn't know this man. Or at least, cared not to know, or was just oblivious...

SPEECH

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on June 15th, 2017, 12:32 am

DAY, SEASON, 517AV

"Who am I?"The man rhetorically questioned. At least, Ramona had assumed it was rhetoric. He inspected Ramona with a pleasing glance, and rested his hands on his hips. He clicked his tongue a few times in disapproval. "I am, Champion Mal'n Farkil. The best archer here of Endrykas." The man added a gentle bow with the mix. Ramona hadn't heard of the man, but to be honest she didn't really pay attention to everyone else who contributed to be a part of Endrykas.

But... she would remember a champion if she had seen one. Though, this man hadn't crossed her mind before, and she failed to recall the stories of how he became a champion. What was she to say?

She looked around and noticed that Bhug was now playing with another couple Diamond Clan kids, and she was happy to see him playing. Though, Mal'n wondered why she was looking elsewhere and followed her gaze.

"Are they your's?"He cooed, and studied the kids, Ramona flushed, in embarrassment and wondered how this guy could be so awkward.

"No, only one of them is my brother."Ramona advised the Champion.

"Hm, my apologies, how old is he?
What's his name?"
He questioned, Ramona and Ramona was pleased to answer him.

"His name is Bhug. To answer the age question,
he is only five, and my name. It is Ramona Silvertongue of the Diamond Clan."
Ramona offered. She looked at Mal'n and smiled, a cheerful smile. "If I'm not mistaken, you were going to show me how to shoot a bow?"

"Oh... maybe... I might."

SPEECH

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on June 16th, 2017, 1:51 am

DAY, SEASON, 517AV

"Well, could you please at least loan me some tips? If your such a Champion?"Ramona suggested, and laid her hands over her hips. Champion Mal'n looked over to her, and studied her appearance as if he was once again meeting her for the first time.

"Well... for starters, you have to have a better stance."He replied, Ramona's eyebrows perked up as if she was finally listening to something that intrigued her; and in this case it was the tips that the Champion Mal'n was giving her.

Mal'n rubbed the back of his head, and appeared to be somewhat distressed and Ramona wondered why. Though, she had her own problems the same went with everybody else in the world. There was always a problem, and nothing was perfect. Ramona realized that a year or so ago when the attack of the Ziths had happened. She lost her parents to them, and she won't let anything else happen to Bhug. She would be in a everlasting state of depression if she let something happen to Bhug when she would be able to stop that thing from happening.

"Second, you shouldn't leave your arrows unguarded. Someone could take them."Ramona knew he was right, she should have gotten them before she started talking to the man.

"I'll go get them now."Ramona replied and Mal'n simply nodded and waited stubbornly from where he stood. Ramona hurried her way over across the field and picked up her two arrows. As her back was turned Mal'n seemed to be studying it; her back. Though, Ramona had no clue of what he might be staring at.

She returned promptly and seemed rest enough to actually practice. "So how should I start?" the brunette asked with a simple glare.

"Something just like this." he paused, "Well, could I use your bow?" He asked, "I won't run it." He assured her, if he did Ramona wouldn't mind running him down with her fists. That was some her father had given to her, the shortbow- she wouldn't let anything happen to it also.

"Okay. Here,"Ramona complied and cautiously handed him her shortbow. The man took the proper stance with the shortbow, and demonstrated to Ramona how to actually hold it. He aimed the bow without an arrow and pulled the string and displayed how far apart the bow was, and the amount of pull he had to give it.

"See, if you... loan me your arrow.
I'll show you how to shoot."

SPEECH

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on June 20th, 2017, 2:18 pm

DAY, SEASON, 517AV

Okay, here,Ramona sighed, now the man somewhat looked familiar as he bore some of the Diamond Clan attire, and she swore that he had seen her before. Though, she knew damn well that it wasn't some time ago. She thought back for a moment, of course how could she had not of known? The Triathlon. He was at the archery competition, of course he could master the shortbow. There would be no better choice; not even the best of the Emerald Clan could match Mal'n and his capabilities.

"Be careful, don't need my arrows being damaged.
Though, they had only costed me the standard four Golden Mizas. I'm missing one that came with the set when I was out hunting. Obviously, I still have enough to train with and hunt with."
Ramona felt as if she was talking to a wall, since Mal'n was only quiet it made her seem funny in the inside. She didn't know what to do at this point except watch the Drykas shoot. So he did, and he managed to shoot the target in the center of it and they were only like twenty yards out (they moved a bit) and it was pristine. Ramona was amazed.

"How on Mizahar have you done it? By Aquiras,
amazing."
She was astonished and she even signed, wonderful to the man and she wanted to hug him; but she knew even that would be more awkward than it seemed.

Before all of this, Ramona was a young Drykas who was still being taught the ins and outs of Endrykas. Though, she knew most of the basics that a standard Drykas should know/understand. Plus she knows something extra and wondered what she's missing. She could do better with herself and better to take care of her brother, Bhug who was still learning the harshness of the outside world. He didn't even know his parents, the only parent he had known was Ramona.

She felt like a parent to him, more so the father and the mother. She had to the hunting, the cleaning, although she didn't have to cook the food and she could just get something from the Spitfire to buy something to eat.

Ramona figured that they could also store some stock maybe even buy a bigger fence, but she knew that she can't do all of this by herself.

"So, first things first. You must have a good grip. It helps keep the bow steady and the amount of force you use to pull the string the further it will go. You just have to look where you're shooting that's all."He didn't have his hands free to sign, but Ramona knew what he would say, practice. Always practice. "I think you should also buy yourself an gauntlets to protect your hands. For a beginner, a bow can really hurt.
Here."
Mal'n handed her the bow back, and she grasped it tightly with her right hand and nodded her thanks to Mal'n.

"Is that it then?"Ramona asked gently, and she wondered where her brother had gone, she must look for him. Perhaps he had wondered off again with one of the other Diamond Clan kids to play? It was always a thought. Thank you,Ramona signed after she slung the shortbow over her quiver.

"Don't mention it, you should go get your arrow. That's half of a gold miza that your missing out on." Mal'n smirked back and Ramona sighed, she went to fetch her arrow before mounting Anthem to look for her brother. Hoping that he was still around.

SPEECH

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rufio on August 16th, 2017, 7:09 pm