[Cabochon's Scrapbook] For Little Things

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Cabochon on June 13th, 2017, 1:01 am

Mostly starting this for certain things like whatever, I guess. It's nice to have stuff like this on site. It's so much easier to manage.

Current boxcode borrowed from the general character sheet. Hopefully, I'll get something new so it can be more personal. Maybe. Who knows?

[center][style=width:700px][framepic=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=14774][frame2=#000000][size=150][right]##th of [SEASON], 517 AV
Last edited by Cabochon on August 6th, 2017, 1:07 am, edited 13 times in total.

Threads Available: 2/5
Cabochon
Small Details, Big Pictures

Words: 55005
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2017, 4:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Cabochon on June 19th, 2017, 2:33 am

Cabochon's Questionnaire

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Cabochon
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Cabo
3. How old are you? Four Seasons
4. What is your height? 1'2"
5. What is your weight? 11 lbs.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. I'd like to believe that I'm honest, straightforward and open-minded. However, I have caught myself also being irritable, impatient and blunt.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. (NOT to be a smart-ass, but please refer to the signature)
3. What is your favorite body feature? Considering that the gemstone I wear was passed down to me, it has tremendous value.
4. How physically fit are you? I'm not as fit as I'd like to be.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? As a Pycon, I don't need to dress myself.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My father took on an avian-like form while my mother took to more human standards. They were on complete opposites of a spectrum; my father was the negotiator while my mother spoke with her actions.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? None that I would know of. I'm the first. I've yet to know or hear of more.
3. What is your extended family like? I have an uncle who deals with Reimancy. Awkward talker, terrible conversationalist. He's the only one I know of, unfortunately.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I consider both equally important. Family is the foundation on which you choose your friends.
5. Do you treat animals like family? I've yet to come in contact with one that has shown prolonged interest in me. So I wouldn't know for sure.

1. Where were you born? Somewhere in this Confusing City, Alvadas.
2. Where do you live now? Same place. Alvadas is home.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? I must admit that I am highly fascinated by Avanthal. I've never experienced cold, and they have some very peculiar practices that I find myself intrigued by.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? Considering that I am still new to being on my own, I haven't taken the time to look.
5. Where do you fear to be? Anywhere that could seriously affect my body's composure. Bay cities and desert heats for sure.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I am still currently growing out my right arm and my left leg. That doesn't allow me to have much leverage in anything.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Since my left hand is used for travel, my right hand is used for accomplishing tasks.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I only speak Common at the moment. Many who have heard my voice claim I have a high pitched, wailing voice, but not scratchy or throaty. I believe my vocals are very base, maybe with a little bit of higher tunes on soft vowels and strong consonants.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I have a fossilized gem that protrudes out of the center of my chest. I tend to rub it when there's an uncomfortable atmosphere.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? I don't know if they would benefit me at any point in time. Tattoos may rub off with time, and piercings seem like they'd rip out too easily. I've decided against it.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I eventually hope to become a clerk at More than Metal.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? Can't say yet.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? Personally, I've always wanted to be that aiding companion; the friend who always has something another needs.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? I highly admire blacksmiths. Their variation and durability in Mizahar is irreplaceable, and their craft is highly demanded of many other occupations besides their own.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? It seems, only to me now, that the fashion industry has no place among this world. It seems so out-of-place for such a brutal and unforgiving land. Also, fashion emulates status, and I don't find that fair.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? Manageable, I think. I didn't ask for much. I acted as any young Pycon would: adventurous, curious, dare-devilish.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? I remember the day my mother shifted her form right before my eyes (a personal magic called "Morphing", I believe). From her original beauty to a thing of beast-like proportion, yes, that was most fascinating.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? I think it was the day my father came home from a terrible accident. Nearly a good chunk of his body was gone. My mother was petrified, as she was the one always there to protect him. He said he was dealing with some "irrational" customers. He never told me what truly happened.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? I had a pleasant one. I was more attached than most Pycon, I'll admit. But once they had left and continued their adventures, I had to grow up nearly instantly.
5. Who was your most influential role-model? I have yet to meet one besides my own parents. When I find them, I'll know.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? Everything I have been taught has come from my parents. I can't read or write, but they highly prioritized my socialization skills over anything. I will admit that I'm not good at much.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I enjoy learning, particularly because that's what my whole life is about. If I'm going to take my entire lifetime learning about who I'm supposed to be, how can I be adverse to the other.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Considering I'm still fairly young, my parents are at the forefront of that. But I am taking new things on.
4. How do you learn best? Through trial and error. If I fail, it only means I haven't found the best way of performing the action.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? I don't have many yet. I've found no significant need for reading, writing or anything of the like. Maybe when I become more settled into Alvadas, I'll pursue it.

Relationships, PT 1 :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? If my parents weren't so keen on leaving for adventuring, I may have answered differently. Therefore, in their haste to dispatch and return to their old lifestyle, bonding is something that is still very foreign and unnerving to me. I want it, but I'm completely oblivious on how to obtain it.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? I would like to think I do, but I don't believe so. Sure, I can hold conversation, but after having my backpack stolen on the 8th of Summer, it has made it increasingly more difficult.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I don't know. I haven't experienced that sort of relationship before.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. In the way of which you're implying, no. In general, yes. I've been lovingly kissed on the forehead many times by my mother and father.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Goodness, no.

Relationships, PT 2 :
1. In general, how do you treat others? If I expect others to show respect towards me, it's only fair that I return it to them.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? So far, it's the Svefra I met during the beginning of summer, Thaddeus. We sort of clicked upon meeting, and even though it wasn't in the best of conditions, we worked through it surprisingly quickly.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? It would have to be Ms. Madeira Craven. She's quite a unique creature, and while I don't understand her craft, she has amazing resolve.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. I don't have either, unfortunately. But the ideal woman? I wouldn't know yet...
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? That is still a touchy subject for me. But, so far, the one person I'm beginning to trust is Thaddeus, and it's only because he's growing on me.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. I have had no reason to go to an Alvad bar. I can honestly say no.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? As aforementioned, no.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? None yet. I don't think Pycon have a need for alcohol. Does it even really affect them?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? I have had no contact with such things.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. I will admit that many of my beliefs have stemmed from my parents, and for good reason. Much like them, I believe that someone's senses should not be enhanced if it is something they normally cannot accomplish. As my mother said, "Raw power is pure power."

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? I'm still getting everything under wraps as far as my living situation. I haven't really had the time yet to sit down and think about it.
2. Do you like to read? If I knew how, most likely yes.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Lack of respect and decency.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Usually, napping is a given. Maybe that is my favorite hobby.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? I personally begin feeling odd after asking personal questions, especially if I haven't known the person long. Madeira would be one to tell you.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? I guess, I would say the warmer color spectrum. Some are bright and eye catching while others are soft and easy to observe.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Noon-day, as you can probably guess why.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? I remember the day I met Terag. The residual rain from the previous night allowed for some interesting spectacles in the roadside puddles.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? Considering clay is my main diet, I prefer the red clay over the others. It has a smooth consistency and is richer in minerals than the other ones.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
I like sunny, dry days. Humidity bothers me at times, and rainy weather is always something I look out for. Water doesn't mix too well with a living sculpture.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? I think I'm fairly optimistic. I feel I must be, given I am alive and well.
2. What are your religious views? Since I'm not well versed with reading and I don't have much free time, the only one I know of is Ionu.
3. Would you be able to kill? Most likely not, unless it was in dire situation.
4. What are your views on sex? If you're speaking on the action, I am going to keep that to myself. If you're referring to gender, that is different. I firmly believe that both sexes are of equal value, importance and need. Otherwise, one wouldn't be needed.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? I am going to be very biased here, but success for me is discovering who you are. Considering that my entire life must be best represented by my final form, I feel that it is only fair that others discover it for themselves as well.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? The best thing I have done to date was probably get a job. Even though I am not of the same substance as my fellow civilians, it doesn't change the fact that I need to work to live. The worst thing? Probably assumed the worst of a man who simply fell into unfortunate circumstance (Thaddeus).
2. What is your greatest regret? Probably not being as happy for my parents when they returned to their adventures. I wished I'd been more sympathetic of their choices.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? My simple mindedness. Goodness, had I known about body mass and such before subjecting my arm to that role, I'd look far different.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Taking the time to meet others. Since my immediate family is no longer around, I'm going to have to build up another one in other ways.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? I haven't had the opportunity to be more open about my feelings. I usually keep them to myself.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? If I've never met a race prior to understanding their background, I tend to believe they all act in that manner.
3. What makes you happy? Companionship. Odd, I know, since we're all about our independence.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? If it ever came to that, family first, regardless of their relations to me.
5. What makes you angry? Again, it'd have to be disrespect and lack of decency.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I try to avoid conflict. I don't like the idea of it, but I realize it's a necessary thing at times.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Not really. I still feel very immature compared to others, and something about controlling the situation makes me feel odd.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? It has its moments when I can manage it, but it's very draining for me. I prefer smaller groups so that I can dedicate the same amount of attention to all.
4. Do you care what others think of you? I used to, but the list of what is starting to significantly dwindle.
5. What do you think of others, in general? I try to look for the best of people, regardless of situation. I don't like to assume anything negative until I see it for myself.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? I'd say my socialization skills. I'd rather talk things out.
2. What is your greatest weakness? Definitely any sort of physical feats. I have a hard enough time getting around.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would probably stop myself from overthinking everything. It gets annoying sometimes.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? I'm more extroverted, but there are instances where I'd rather be by myself.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? I like to think I'm organized. The real question is what am I being compared to?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Of all the ones I've heard, the only one that appeals to me is Morwen. A goddess who chooses to live among her people, that must be something amazing to witness.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? I don't know why, but something about the name "Rhysol" doesn't sound so inviting...
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? I don't have any.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? The only one I'm really interacting with right now is Ionu, but I don't know what would please them. I don't even know their gender.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? But if they are deity, is drawing the line an insult? What if one has to give everything in order to understand that God/desses' true power?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? I have to say people, fellow citizens.
2. What is the best part of life? Learning to grow and understand not only what life is supposed to be, but how others affect that life.
3. What is the best part of death? Understanding that it won't happen unless it is necessary, I guess. It's still a scary thing to think about.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Quietly, peacefully, and without my conscious knowledge of it happening.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? That my life on Mizahar only improved the quality of other's lives.
Last edited by Cabochon on August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Threads Available: 2/5
Cabochon
Small Details, Big Pictures

Words: 55005
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2017, 4:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1