Closed Reunion (Shiress)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Reunion (Shiress)

Postby Sayana on July 1st, 2017, 4:34 pm

Summer 23, 517

When Sayana finally arrived in Ravok, she didn’t receive a warm welcome. She was stopped several times for citizenship papers, to which she had to admit that she was a visitor and didn’t have any. However, with a mix of hypnotism and frequent use of the name “Clyde Sullins”, she managed to reach the interior of the floating city of Ravok.

She hated being reliant on Clyde’s good name in the city, but even more, she missed him. It brought back distinct memories of when she parted ways with Aren. It had meant to be a short time, but it resulted in something far more lasting. And now it was hard to even imagine finding the tall blue man in the big expanse of Mizahar.

Trying to shake away the feelings of uncertainty and regret, the Eypharian perused the docks while she herself was laden with a large rucksack full of belongings. As she contemplated how she was going to reach the Sullins residence by traversing a multitude of bridges and platforms with only a vague long ago memory of the location, a thin long boat pulled up with a single driver.

“Going someplace Ma’am?”

There was a momentary recoil from the Ravosalaman as Sayana turned and her additional arms became apparent, but the Eypharian spoke up quickly.

“Yes, in fact I am. How much to the Sullins residence?”

“The Sullins residence? But Mr. Sullins hasn’t been seen in…”

“I am an acquaintance. A very good friend of Clyde Sullins.”

For the next couple of ticks she stared hard at the Ravosalaman and summoned her djed to shoot out a variety of thoughts at the man. Favors are good to have to a friend of Clyde Sullins… High status folk may have unusual looking friends with great assets… What if I turned down such a request?

“It’ll be two gold mizas for the trip.”

Sayana gave a warm smile and a nod before loading her belongings into the narrow boat. When she stepped in after, it was lot more wobbly than other ships she had been on and she had to take special care when she reached to hand over the appropriate coin.

The city looked different from the middle of the canals. Instead of the water appearing to be an obstacle to get around, often cutting off the most direct route, the canals acted like paved roadways that brought people and goods in and out of the city. Most of the boats were the narrow ones similar to the one she was in, but there were the occasional large boats or even rafts which carried a multitude of goods: food, textiles, barrels of ale, cases of this and that, and even hunks of rock and metal.

The boat she was in was rather simple looking and the driver used a long pole to push off of buildings and platforms to propel them forwards. Once seated, she found ease in keeping balanced and as they passed under slender bridges, she couldn’t help but look up in awe.

“There have been, ahem, rumors regarding someone who has claimed to be a slave of Mr. Sullins. I have not seen any evidence of such and I personally believe she is more likely to be some sort of squatter than anything else.”

Sayana perked up curiously at the unexpected piece of information from the boat driver. Could it be that after all these seasons Shiress hadn’t left Ravok? Or had someone else sought to take refuge in the empty building?

“My thanks for this piece of news. I will be sure that there are no unsavory squatters at the Sullins residence. In fact, I intend to keep it in good repair for his eventual return.”

When the ravosala finally pulled up near the entrance of Clyde’s home, Sayana began to recognize the finer details of the place and was once again reminded of the mage’s absence. After unloading her belongings, she slipped another gold miza into the Ravosalaman’s hand.

“Many thanks, my friend. And may Rhysol look kindly upon us all.”

With her gear in tow, the Eypharian stepped up to the door and knocked before attempting to enter the building.

Receipt3 gm for Ravosala ride & tip

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Reunion (Shiress)

Postby Shiress on July 6th, 2017, 1:58 am

A fully eclipsed sun. This was the painting that Shiress' gaze kept returning to, day after day after day. It hung on the wall at the small cottage that she currently calls home. Clyde Sullins' cottage. The blackened sun reminded the slave of her own feelings.

Veiled

Hidden

Trapped

Consumed

Almost a full season in bed, fevered, and half conscious, only able to drag herself from the confines of her bed to prevent soiling herself, and to force water down her throat, and another full season recuperating, had left the slave in a deplorable state. She was weak, pale, and sickly thin, but still a far cry from where she was a season ago.

Forcing her eyes away from the painting, and her thoughts to the present, Shiress lifted the hairbrush, again, to the tangle of knots that was her hair. Pulling the brush through her long, chestnut locks was a chore. Everything was a chore. Living and staying alive had been a chore. Staggering through the city, stealing what she could to survive, had been a chore. Surviving and maintaining the will to survive had been the biggest chore of them all, but yet, she had done it. Again, the brush strokes had slowed, then stopped completely. Once more, wearily, Shiress shook her head, bringing her thoughts back, before clattering the brush down, giving up to the mess of knots, her breaths already faint and rapid.

After a tick, Shiress stood and crossed the floor, a thin shift hanging and swaying from her frail frame, like one hanging off a spindly child playing dress up in her mothers clothes, to a cup and waterskin sitting atop a small table. She upended the waterskin over the cup, then, with full cup in hand, she turned, and padded softly up to the eclipsed sun painting. Like so many other times, the slave simply sipped her water, as her gaze studied the painting.

A frown formed on Shiress' face, eyes narrowing. There was something different, not new, only newly noticed, about the painting. The slave lifted a hand toward the portrait, paused, then continued on, placing a fingertip against the smooth canvas. There, just outside the blackened edges of the eclipsed sun was the smallest outline of yellow, a hint of the bright, shining sun beneath, peaking out from the blackness. Shiress began to smile as her fingertip trailed along the veiled beauty of Syna.

The sound of a knock on the door rang through the silence like a giant bell sitting mere inches from her head. Shiress spun as the door crept open, her long, chestnut hair catapulted around her shoulders, crisscrossing her face. Pulling the hair from her eyes, the slaves mouth fell open as it struggled to form the word. Within the startled silence, the sound of a cup falling from paralyzed fingers sounded like a flung bolder hitting metal. Shiress wavered on her feet She took a step backward and leaned against the wall, green eyes falling to Sayana's feet.

"Mistress" she said, her voice a near whisper. "You're home"
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Reunion (Shiress)

Postby Sayana on July 7th, 2017, 7:53 pm

Her mouth gaped as surprise spread wide across her face. There were a couple ticks as she stood half in the doorway until she had the sense to close it behind her. The sight of Shiress, no the ghost of Shiress, stood before her like a nuit of Sahova badly in need of a body replacement. Sickly, quivering, her hair in a mess, the slave appeared to have lost ten, twenty, or even thirty pounds from her scrawny frame.

The dropped cup still seemed to echo through house, and Sayana glanced briefly at the shattered remains. Upon the spoken word of the slave, the Eypharian finally seemed to be released from her shocked state.

“Shiress,” she spoke. Softly, and even kindly. Her belongings were of little concern and she set them aside with hardly a thought. In a few strides, she crossed the room. Her hands were open, welcoming. As she neared, her lows went to the woman’s waist, mids to clasp Shiress’s wrists, gently yet firmly, and highs upon the slave’s shoulders. It was for both their sakes that Sayana gently restrained the woman. Frail as she was, Sayana didn’t want Shiress to make an undue attempt to flee and damage her broken body more than she already had.

“Shiress, have you been here this whole time?” Sayana spoke, still with disbelief in her voice. “Living under this roof and eating…? That is no matter. I will make you well again.”

She guided the slave away from the broken remains of the cup, and gazed deep into the woman’s green eyes. Sending soft tendril after soft tendril of djed, Sayana sought to sooth the woman’s mind at the same time. Calm, hope. She’s going to look after me. I’m going to get better. It’s safe now. The magic was warm and enveloping, seeking to touch upon all aspects of Shiress’s mind in an intimate embrace.

Sayana brought Shiress to a bench, so she might sit. With a glance at the slave, as if to double check that she wasn’t going to make some mad dash, the Eypharian went over to her rucksack to pull out some of the remaining travel rations she had left. There were some pieces of hard tack and a bit of water from her water skin, both of which she offered the woman.
… And this is why one must always care for her slaves. They are not meant to live in freedom. They cannot care and look after themselves. That is why we provide for them, and all they need offer are the services that they can.

She was reminded from so very long ago of the Ahnatep wisdom in regards to slaves. She had been too young and too poor for the potential of owning one, but it stuck with her nevertheless. While it may have been Eypharians giving themselves moral credence to their work, it was something she was just as much indoctrinated in as the next Eypharian.

Sitting next to Shiress, Sayana held water and food alike, if the woman seemed faint or unable to do so herself. She spotted an abandoned brush, and promptly retrieved it.

“Shiress, tell me what has happened over the last few seasons.” Sayana said as she started straightening the woman’s hair with her fingers. With the brush in a high hand, she began sorting through the tangled mess with care and precision.

“Tell me everything since I left with Clyde for Sahova.”

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Reunion (Shiress)

Postby Shiress on July 7th, 2017, 10:24 pm

Shiress lifted her eyes at the call of her name, watching as the Eypharian crossed the room. Green eyes never left the woman's brown as her many arms lifted, taking Shiress' body in many different areas, but when her arms were seized, the fingers beneath the grip curled into fists, not in defiance, nor self-restraint, but a long embedded trepidation.

The shock on her mistress's face was not lost to the slave. Shiress knew she looked dreadful, but it was Sayana's soft words and kind demeanor that mystified her; it seemed so..genuine.

Seemed.

More and more, over the passing season's, Shiress' mind had spiraled from a certain knowing, into something near contradiction, and, more recently, a vast confusion of how she felt, or how she was supposed to feel, or should feel, about her mistress. This now, this kindness, if not compassion, set off, again, the swarm of mismatched thoughts and emotion. The slave wanted to scream and tackle the Eypharian to the floor, beat her senseless, stab her repeatedly, at the same time she wanted to throw her arms around the woman, beg her to never leave her again, and not let go. The opposing desires had an already straining heart pounding away at her rib cage. Had the many arms not been holding her so firmly, Shiress was sure she would have swooned.

Shiress licked her dry and cracked lips to reply to her mistress, but the words didn't come before she was being guided away from where she was standing. As she was being led away, a stab of pain, one she had become very familiar with, of late, radiated throughout her head. Her thoughts. She let out a small gasp and forced her eyes closed. This pain wasn't a physical pain, but a mental one. One that Shiress knew she could never explain in words, let alone understand. It buzzed in her head, at first, then became like a cyclone of thoughts and counter thoughts. She pushed against the storm, gently, then more forcefully, but it only caused her grappling heart to pound faster.

As she lowered herself to the bench, she relented to the tumult of thoughts, and was blessed by a warmth of peace. Maybe this was what she should have been doing all along. Stop fighting the pain, stop trying to understand it, and just accept it. For an instant, this felt wrong to Shiress, but the peace engulfing her quickly stomped out the wrongness of it. The slave fully embraced the calmness and visibly relaxed.

When Shiress opened her eyes, she was being offered food and drink. She pulled the water from Sayana's hand, but shook her head vehemently at the food, her stomach roiling at the sight of it. Lifting the water to her lips, Shiress sent her thoughts back to the Fall, seeking the information her mistress requested, scarcely feeling the tugs and pulls of the hairbrush, as she began to speak.

"When you and Master Sullins left, I didn't want to be left behind." She began, her voice steady, her tone soft. "So, I tried to follow you, but I became lost. I made it back here a day or so later. Fall was pleasant, I had plenty of food that had been left, but Winter," at this her voice began to shake. She drew in a steadying breath and continued, "I had a pain here," she placed a hand over the lower, right side of her abdomen, almost to her hip and slightly above. "The pain lasted for days, then one day, at its worse, it just...stopped. By the next day, I had a fever. A day after that, the pain returned, and the fever got worse. Within a week, I think I was seeing things that wasn't there. The next thing I remember, someone was bringing me back inside, speaking softly to me. I remember them being scared to be here, but they came back sometimes. I remember because they made me wake up and drink water and sometimes broth." She paused, remembering, before continuing.

"I don't know who they were, or even if they were a man or a woman, but I think, had it not been for them, I would have died. I remember little after that. I began waking up for a tick, then a bell, then for half a day. I started getting stronger little by little. The air turned warm and I never saw the stranger again, but for a long time, food and water was left outside the door." she lifted a thin arm, gesturing toward the door. "Then it stopped and I did for myself as best I could. I stole, mostly." she admitted, eyes falling to her feet.

Shiress was done with remembering. She was near breathless. It had been a long time since she had used so much energy to speak. She fell silent, hands resting in her lap. After a long while, she forced herself around, eyes seeking those of her mistress. At first, the slaves gaze was hard, but it softened quickly. Shiress swallowed, then lifted a pale hand, slowly, to Sayana's face. Leaning forward, she placed a soft kiss on the Eypharian's ebony cheek.

Pulling away, she found her mistress' gaze, and smiled, sadly. A tear formed and slipped from the corner of the slave's eye, as she spoke. "Please, don't ever leave me again." With that, Shiress lowered her head, and, like a child, nuzzled against Sayana's breast, seeking sanctuary.

Against the Eypharian's ample bosom, a smile formed on the slave's lips.
Last edited by Shiress on July 9th, 2017, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Reunion (Shiress)

Postby Sayana on July 8th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Sayana listened patiently as the woman told her tale. Her many fingers carefully weeded out the knots and ran the brush through, making sure not to tug too hard. Shiress looked like she was in dire need of a bath and also food. Yet the travel rations had been bluntly refused.

Was that all it had been? Not wanting to get left behind and then getting lost? Sayana recalled the urgency of the departure and how suddenly Shiress had vanished from their midst. She had thought that the slave had genuinely gotten the better of them and planned the perfect time for escape: on a day in which they couldn’t be delayed by conducting a proper search. The loss of mizas and time spent conditioning Shiress had been a bitter sweet reminder of her occasional inadequacies. And yet here the slave was, hiding out in Clyde’s residence this whole time.

The Eypharian didn’t elaborate her thoughts, but nodded occasionally throughout the story. The fever, the sickness… She recalled a distant time in her life in which she too had succumbed to the debilitating ailments of a fever. Yet someone had looked out for Shiress. Now that was someone who she’d have to eventually find and thank.

What came next genuinely surprised the slave owner, but it only flickered over her features momentarily. The woman, the still half-starved slave, leaned over to plant a kiss on her cheek. Sayana caught her gaze and held it, wondering if those long days ago of conditioning had stuck with Shiress or whether the recent dose of comfort had brought about this behaviour.

Then almost seamlessly, Shiress spoke and slipped into Sayana’s embrace. For her part, the Eypharian wrapped her arms around the woman. Highs, mids, lows… it hardly mattered as all her arms folded around the half-starved slave in an enveloping hug.

“Shiress, I won’t ever leave you. Not while you’re with me here in Ravok.” Sayana spoke softly, one high hand gently caressing her hair as the slave rested her head upon the Eypharian’s chest.

“I’ll look after you, feed you, clothe you, and even make sure you’re cleaned up with a bath. You’ll be safe.” The last words she added another hint of djed. It didn’t need to be much, but she sent out the feeling of safety and security. Sayana planted a kiss upon the top of Shiress’s head and for a moment simply held her there.

“Have you the strength to go to a bathhouse? I’d like to take you some place that offers good food, but we can’t have you going like this, now can we?”

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Reunion (Shiress)

Postby Shiress on July 10th, 2017, 2:44 am

Sayana's embrace, but more so the words that encompassed it, consumed the slave. In that moment, as the Eypharian's arms surrounded her, Shiress would have professed a love for the woman. It felt motherly. Genuine. It felt like something she never wanted to end.

It was the thought of a warm bath that finally pulled Shiress from the Eypharian's arms. Glancing up, she gave Sayana a childish nod. Even to herself, it felt childish, but in that moment, Shiress was little more than a child, in need of compassion and guidance.

Without a word, Shiress lifted herself from the bench and crossed the floor to her bag. As she began tugging it open, she paused, contemplating. After a tick, she turned, bag still in hand, to face Sayana. Shiress stood in silence, her emerald gaze studying the Eypharian in a way she didn't think she ever had before.

Her lips parted as if to speak, but she closed them, looking thoughtful. Another tick passed before she did speak. "Sayana, I.." she began, but her words faltered yet again. At last her back strengthened, decidedly. "Mistress" she began again, body relaxing into a small curtsy "Thank you." she said.

And Shiress meant it.

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Reunion (Shiress)

Postby Karyk on August 30th, 2017, 5:31 pm

Sayana
Skills
Persuasion: 1
Cosmetology: 1
Lores
Ravosalamen keep note of potential squatters in the Sullins' Residence
Shiress fended for herself in Ravok the entire time I was gone
Slaves are meant to be cared for, they wither without control
Shiress was cared for and saved by an unknown stranger
Desire: Find and thank the stranger that cared for Shiress
Miscellaneous

Notes and Comments
CS Checkmarked: ✓
CS Reviewed by Me: ✓
Season Request was Submitted for Grade: Summer 517
Season Thread was Started (IC & OOC): Summer 517 and Summer 517
Is that Season's expenses paid?: X but is the current season so expenses not required to be paid.
Eligible for grade? Yes

While you certainly used Hypnotism and Persuasion properly, particularly in the first post, I did not feel it was at the level of detail or difficulty to warrant experience, or full experience, gain at your high levels.

Shiress
Skills
Cosmetology: 1
Observation: 1
Socialization: 1
Lores
The Eclipsed Sun painting has a true sun beneath it
Sayana: Promised to never leave me while I stay with her in Ravok
Sayana has returned, and I love her for it
Miscellaneous

Notes and Comments
CS Checkmarked: ✓
CS Reviewed by Me: ✓
Season Request was Submitted for Grade: Summer 517
Season Thread was Started (IC & OOC): Summer 517 and Summer 517
Is that Season's expenses paid?: X but is the current season so expenses not required to be paid.
Eligible for grade? Yes

A nice cute returning home thread, well done the both of you.
Follow your heart, and the plot will follow.
Karyk
Player

Words: 273057
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes