Pycon Questions [SOLVED]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Pycon Questions [SOLVED]

Postby Cabochon on July 15th, 2017, 3:31 pm

So, the questions that I have are a little nit-picky, but I'd like to know for future development and such. I also want to make sure I'm staying on track with the intentions Tarot had for his race.

1- If a Pycon decides to grow hair/mane/anything that normally would flow, does it remain stagnant or does it have the fluidity of what it is emulating?

2- Does a Pycon need a physically moving mouth to communicate with other races, or can it reverberate through a chamber-like passage?

3- If a Pycon built up enough strength, could a buckler be a suitable equivalent to, say, a tower shield?

4 - How does a Pycon cry? Does the clay underneath their eyes slick up and emulate tears or do they just not have any physical form of sadness?

Thanks!
Last edited by Cabochon on July 22nd, 2017, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Threads Available: 2/5
Cabochon
Small Details, Big Pictures

Words: 55005
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2017, 4:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Pycon Questions from a Pycon PC

Postby Ball on July 19th, 2017, 11:16 pm

1- If a Pycon decides to grow hair/mane/anything that normally would flow, does it remain stagnant or does it have the fluidity of what it is emulating? If the detail of the hair/mane/etc is highly detailed it could be picked up by the wind and shift, otherwise it would remain stationary.

2- Does a Pycon need a physically moving mouth to communicate with other races, or can it reverberate through a chamber-like passage? As pycons do not have vocal chords as most other races do (excluding the Ghosts cause they are special enough as well) they would need to have some mouthlike structure, if the chamber can effectively create noises that are wordlike communication in that fashion is possible. Note a "mouth" of some kind is required for food ingestion. Should look at some of my first threads as Ball to get an idea of how Ball was at start

3- If a Pycon built up enough strength, could a buckler be a suitable equivalent to, say, a tower shield? Depends on the height and mass of the Pycon. Even with a high enough strength a Buckler is too big for Ball to handle. So keep that in mind as well.

4 - How does a Pycon cry? Does the clay underneath their eyes slick up and emulate tears or do they just not have any physical form of sadness? Pycons do not come equipped with the necessary ducts to create tears. They would physically express it through their body language and facial expressions if possible. It may even show in their voices when speaking.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes