OOC Info The Syka 517 Summer Character Registry

Please register if you are playing in Syka this season!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka 517 Summer Character Registry

Postby Caele Smokesend on July 30th, 2017, 4:33 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Caele Smokesend, but Caele is just fine.
Age, Sex, Race? 20, Male, Mixed blood (Dhani constrictor)
Describe your character in a short abstract? A freed slave from Kenash. Big and strong with Dhani blood which makes him a natural brawler and wrestler, but he prefers to spend his time by a forge.
How long are you planning to stay? Indefinately.
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? He is a blacksmith with some skill at weaponsmithing. He intends to set up a smithy and try to make some business out of it.
What does your character have to offer Syka? As above he knows how to make all sorts of metal tools and items. Nails for construction for example. He doesn't know much about wilderness survival but wants to learn and his size, strength and fighting skills make him decent at defending himself one on one.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? I have no problem threading about anything really when it feels appropriate for the story. If it makes for a good endstory I may even thread about my character's violent death.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Same as above really even if I find it a bit difficult to describe intimate sex scenes without feeling that it gets cheesy.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? No. For the first time in his life Caele is free to do what he wants and he intends to explore that. Joining a cult or similar doesn't seem like something he has in his plans for the foreseeable future.
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? I love social threading with other PCs.
What does your character want to learn this season? I guess he will just establish himself in Syka and learn the basics of life there while setting up his things.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Anyone really.
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Set up his smithy and get involved with the construction of the settlement primarily. Get to know some of the other characters here, PCs and NPCs. Maybe learn some simple Construction and Carpentry while setting up his own house and smithy. Perhaps some wilderness hiking as well.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? I like to be part of building something from scratch. Of the cities that are open right now Syka appealed to me most.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Not sure what to answer on this one. I want Caele to set up his business (I know I need that approved in a special forum first). I'll PM you when I think of something special.

Additional Comments: I'm new to Mizahar even if I have lurked here several times before and thought about creating a character. Now I decided to take the plunge.
Caele Smokesend
Player

Words: 13752
Joined roleplay: July 26th, 2017, 5:52 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Anibesa on July 30th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Anibesa, though she'll respond to Ani and Bessie
Age, Sex, Race? 56, Female, and Ethaefal with a Svefra seeming
Describe your character in a short abstract? A gentle Ethaefal seeking out her destiny while keeping her optimism.
How long are you planning to stay? As long as possible. She has no plans to leave yet
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Brewer (though she can fish until she's set up her business)
What does your character have to offer Syka? A willingness to help and to learn anything
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Sure, as long as you don't kill Ani. I might not be good at combat or violence but I'd love to improve my writing skills, and I'd love Ani to gain more experience
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I do, though it's not my favorite. I like looking more in depth into relations of all kinds between characters.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Nope unfortunately
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? I like social threads but not all the time. I like writing interactions between people, though I do prefer to have a goal.
What does your character want to learn this season? The culture of Syka, and about the plants nearby. OOC I'd like to have her learn to swim and some medicine or herbalism
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Ooo, Nya Winters and Karin Ironyach! Definitely
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I'd like to have Ani get to know a few people, and to play with fire a little bit
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? It's new and it's active, and I love the idea of being in a still-growing community
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? I'd love to have Ani get her business started up (though I have to get that approved first), though a thread with help in constructing a brewery and storage would be absolutely amazing.

Additional Comments:
I'm so excited to start playing her! If any of you would like to work on a thread together, please feel free to message me
Lethaefal-Svefra
Day Night
Eyes Blue Blue
Hair Auburn Black
Horns Green
Skin Fair and freckled Marble like, cool toned and shimmering
Anibesa
Svefra by Day, Letheafal by Night

Words: 164692
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eamon on July 30th, 2017, 10:42 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Moren Tidechaser
Age, Sex, Race? 12, Male, Ethaefal
Describe your character in a short abstract? A fun-loving healer who has come to Syka for a fresh start after a painful loss. He's hoping to make a new home here and is looking for adventures and new companions.
How long are you planning to stay? Indefinitely
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Doctor, hopefully
What does your character have to offer Syka? Moren isn't that skilled in the healing arts, but he's eager to learn more. He also has a connection with some Svefra that he will try and use to bring trade to the settlement if necessary. In addition, he's eager to explore (safely) the surrounding lands.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? I do, as a writer, although I'm not the best at it and Moren has absolutely no combat experience, so don't expect him to do well, and he personally tries to avoid confrontations.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I'm up for pretty much anything although gratuitous amounts of it probably isn't for me. I prefer to have it develop naturally.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Not that I know of.
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? I do, although I prefer social threads with some purpose behind them.
What does your character want to learn this season? He'd like to become more skilled with medicine, and also learn more about useful jungle plants.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Everyone here seems awesome!
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Make a fresh start in Syka.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? I think that it's an awesome place with consistently interesting plots. I love the idea of slowly discovering the history of the place as well as everyone being forced to survive basically in any way they can. It's exciting to me.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Nothing specific.

Additional Comments: Hit me up if you want a thread!
Eamon
Player

Words: 52401
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2017, 8:56 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sara on August 8th, 2017, 2:03 am

ODE: SELECT ALL
Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': None yet
Age, Sex, Race? 17, female, Svefra
Describe your character in a short abstract? mischevious
How long are you planning to stay? unknown
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? fishing
What does your character have to offer Syka? a way on and off the island with out being seen or missed
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? I see viloence as a last resort i before to use cunning first
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Ilove a good love story much as the next girl
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? I am a svefra and there are opening in my pod
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? ask me after i done my first one
What does your character want to learn this season? everything
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? no one comes to mind
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? have fun
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? It seem like an interesting place
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? I'll let you know

[b]Additional Comments:[/b
Sara
Player

Words: 16122
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2017, 3:28 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Penina on August 15th, 2017, 4:58 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Penina
Age, Sex, Race? 3 Years, Female, Pycon
Describe your character in a short abstract? Overly enthusiastic clay otter that has a high opinion of ash glazes.
How long are you planning to stay? A long time!
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Potter!
What does your character have to offer Syka? Comedy relief and borderline-quality clay vessels.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Sure. There's a time and place to get in fights and every good adventure needs some tension.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Only from a comedic, third-wheel involvement. Character is just too young, seems weird. But if you need someone to deliver your love letter or crash your quiet date on the beach well have you got her.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Nope!
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Yeppers! Talking with people is important to slice-of-life play AND setting up lots of cool plots.
What does your character want to learn this season? How to not get rained on.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Everyone? Everyone.
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Set up some fledgling sort of business.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? It seems like the most apparent place for wild adventure and doing something minor but important.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Some sort of adventure where their complete lack of general preparedness comes to the fore.
Penina
Player

Words: 2254
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Previous