Hello Everyone.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello Everyone.

Postby KnightFatal on September 5th, 2017, 8:03 am

1. Name I am Kayneto
2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any? I have Played a lot of RP and I am even considering buying a D&D board. I love creating my own characters.
3. How did you find us? I found this forum online by searching RP forums.
4. What sort of RP style is your favorite? I enjoy a free-form RP where I have the opportunity to develop my character and take him/her through new adventures to discover new skills while attempting to achieve a goal.
5. What do you like to write about - not write about? I enjoy writing about dark and gloomy worlds where one character has had enough and creates a small group of assassins to take down a higher government for the betterment of the world. I enjoy medieval/steampunk mixtures.
6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far? So far, I don't have much to say. I am having trouble joining a realm to develop my character.
7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far? The lack of direction frustrates me. I would love to join a forum.
8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience? I think the community seems well-structured.
9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?I'd like to see more directories and instructions on how to navigate the website.
10. Anything else you want to talk about? Someone help me join a realm.
KnightFatal
Player

Words: 470
Joined roleplay: September 5th, 2017, 7:54 am
Race: Mixed blood

Hello Everyone.

Postby Asterope on September 5th, 2017, 10:46 am

Hey Kayneto! Welcome to Miz. (: First off, I do wanna say that your username goes against site rules; you'll have to change it to your character's name once you've decided on it. You can do that through the user control panel.

I know all the lore can seem overwhelming, especially with a lot of cities closed right now, but the site is actually fairly easy to navigate once you get used to it! Everything's quite well organized. If you look at the top of your page, you should see a few links along the banner; I highly recommend going through the ones for Getting Started and Help to begin with.

You may also find the city list under Master Lists helpful for finding an open city that you're interested in starting in! Don't feel obligated to have your character be born in an open city, travel is possible (if difficult), but just be advised you won't be able to RP in that city until it does open, so you'll have to start out in another one.

If you have any other questions, everyone here is super friendly; you should definitely check out chat or the Q&A forum. Someone will be happy to help, I'm sure.

Cheers! :D

"Common" | "Nari" | "Pavi" | Thoughts
"Other People's Speech"
Last edited by Asterope on September 5th, 2017, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)

Hello Everyone.

Postby Prophet on September 5th, 2017, 10:56 am

You should have received a message with several useful links as well. Read these as they will form the foundation for your time here. Another good way to get help is to jump into chat. Our best resource is our community of writers.

That being said I think it's worth mentioning that you will start with a new character at ground zero. You will have minimal skills and almost no knowledge. You have to write to build up your pc. Being a bad ass takes time and training. Mizahar is very special and worth the investment -but it is an investment of time and energy. Feel free to check other players' character sheets. It will give you an idea of how the hand mechanics actually work.

That is all.
-P
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Hello Everyone.

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on September 5th, 2017, 4:29 pm

Welcome to Miz!
One thing that wasn't made clear to me and took me a while to catch up on is the fact that you can Google many different areas of information to get to Miz's wikipedia that isn't directly linked on this site.

So if you are looking through all this and feel 'there's gotta be more' There is!
Hope you enjoy your time with us!
Salara~*
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Hello Everyone.

Postby Tierra on September 15th, 2017, 5:07 pm

Welcome to Mizahar! I have a whole long drawn out post that usually accompanies my welcome posts, however... That can wait, here have some movie nostolgia for starters:

There now that that is done! Let's see what we can do for Mizahar for you? New eh?

Well I highly recommend reading the following - Starred stuff are things you better read else won't get any help. :

After becoming acquainted with the lore intimately, do not fear! There are hundreds of Helping Hands (Totally intended there) to assist you on your way to the Eternal Bog of Mizahar - You can find them in the Chat, green people are chat moderators and they are highly knowledgable and are super friendly, if they are not available for whatever reason, ask around several of the players there are vets and know a fair deal of the lore. If they do not know something, they will redirect you to someone else or try to locate the answer for you. if at anytime you see a red name in Chat they are Founders, turn to them if they are actively around and they can help you as well!

Storytellers of the varies cities that are open sometimes frequent chat in a variety of guises, if in doubt ask who runs what city private message them on the site (use the little envelope to the left underneath their name). Remember they are the founts of knowledge for a specific city, so they are helpful for that place utterly and completely. Use them!

Thank you for joining and if you need help, always ask! You can reach me by the private message icon to the left if I am not on chat.

-Tierra

NOTEThis is from my former CSL I yanked it off there
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73477
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes