Cheers! To Future Friends! [Rohka]

In which Rohka and Linnaeus become acquainted.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Linnaeus on October 18th, 2017, 6:44 pm

6, Fall, 517 AV

Linnaeus' entire world had been turned upside down. Living at the Nitrozian estate was difficult. The labor required of her was not something she was used to, and she was having trouble coping. But she also felt a large amount of gratitude for the family and honestly was okay with the servitude. She felt familiar with dedicating herself to something larger than herself, whether that be a family, a city, or a god.

Still, the sadness that filled her heart and mind was somewhat plaguing, so much that Bryony--the woman who had discovered her along with Hwyn and who oversaw Linn and the other slaves--finally snapped.

"Look, just go out," Bryony angrily said to Linnaeus, her voice stern and her brow furrowed. "Go see some of the city. You've been here for days already and you haven't stopped moping, and don't think I don't hear your sobbing at nighttime." She huffed and turned quickly on her heel, stomping away.

Linnaeus felt a kinship toward Bryony, even if it wasn't returned. Something about her being a part of her being brought to the family estate and putting a roof over her head and clothes on her back.

"Okay," Linnaeus called after her, unsure of what else to say. Her mind went blank. Where the hell was she to go? She didn't know her way around the city one bit--she had been stuck inside of the estate since her arrival. She messed with the long sleeves of her shirt, feeling nervous and uneasy. She walked toward the exit of the estate, seeing other slaves and members of the family along the way, knowing that they must be wondering what she was doing. If anyone stopped her, she would simply tell them that she was going to complete a task for Bryony. Plus, she was allowed some days outside of the estate apparently, although how many she was unsure.

She stepped outside of the estate. Syna was still out, but falling slowly, and soon Leth would adorn the sky--and Linnaeus could not be happier about this. Her constant shifting between selves was exhausting in some way. At night, she was beautiful, resembling a glimmer of her Holy Self, what she once was when she walked Leth's halls. But during the day, when Syna rose, she reverted back to a human form, where she felt tired and weak and hungry.

Unsure of where to go or what to do, Linnaeus wandered. It wasn't long before she was bored of the area around the estate and walked to the edge and found a Ravosala parked, a man of considerable size sitting within, puffing on a pipe.

"Need a ride?" He asked in a gruff voice.

Soon, Linnaeus found herself inside the bustling Merchant's Ring, night quickly approaching, with her cloak wrapped tightly around her body. She smiled wide, amazed by the variety of people she saw. She looked to her side and saw The Malt House, and immediately walked toward it. She knew it would be warm and there seemed to be a glowing hue around it; it seemed inviting and safe.

Linnaeus walked inside and stood in the entrance, unsure of where to go, when all of a sudden light surrounded her. She felt Leth's embrace, and tears welled in her eyes as she was engulfed in the holy light. To those who witnessed the transformation, the dazzling lights were bright and beautiful, a miracle in itself. The light faded and in the small woman's place stood a radiant being, with cool marble skin and yellow horns, with long flowing hair the color or wheat. Linnaeus sighed with relief, and thanked Leth for His blessings.

Then she noticed everyone staring, and the awkwardness of the situation really set in.
Boxcode credit goes to Rohka <3
Linnaeus
of the Moon.

Words: 17609
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2017, 6:38 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Rohka on October 21st, 2017, 3:46 am

Rohka was focused on tuning into the sound of the bubbling voice beside her, nodding every once in a while to acknowledge that she was listening to the distressed singer. It was a little hard to hear her over the chatter and laughter surrounding them—this was the busiest time of the evening for the Malt House, and Roh knew that she’d only be listening for another ten chimes or so before the performance started. She was tired, it’d been a long day, but she couldn’t refuse her friend’s pleading hazel eyes and her soft hands gripping her arm when the sibyl had walked in earlier. Roh had just come back from the Mystic Eye and wanted to go straight up to her room to relax by herself after an exhausting day of Lelia’s training, but those pretty large orbs were too hard to let down.

“I leaned against him, okay, and we didn’t do much at first, I swear! We just talked about like, life and art and stuff and gosh, he was so smart! And he had this way of teasing me, like he wasn’t mean or anything, but he just made jokes about things and I liked it! He was definitely funny - oh, and sensitive! He misses his family—I think that’s why he’s leaving, he didn’t say though, it was such a short letter, ugh.”

Vanessa scooted closer and leaned her head on the sibyl’s shoulder. “Why couldn’t he stay for like, just one more day! We had such a great time together, I don’t understand.” Roh nodded gently and rested her head atop the singer’s while grazing the tip of her bluegreen quill against the piece of parchment before her. There wasn’t much to say. She knew she was just there to listen to the venting process. “And after everything we talked about, and how we felt about each other, like, I know that he wants me! So why would he leave?” Roh let out a sigh and continued drawing out two circles on her sheet, curving the tip of the quill against the grain. They ended up being slightly unequal in size, so she drew over the smaller one again, to even it out. Vanessa continued on without skipping a beat. “He’ll come back, right? He has to. He didn’t say it in the letter, but I can tell, he just doesn’t want to bring my hopes up in case his job takes him a long time, I’m sure.” The sibyl nodded again, and drew a smaller circle inside each of the first circles, then filled them in with ink. There was a pause in Vanessa’s spiel. The quill dipped into the ink again as she tapped the singer with her other hand, silently asking her to lift her head, then gestured for Vanessa to turn towards her. “What is it, Roh?”

Rohka wanted her to stay still for a second. She put her palm up to sign a ‘stop’ then squinted, leaning forward, tracing the almond-shaped hazel gaze with her mind, attempting to capture it as best as possible as a mental image. Vanessa broke from her trailing trance of thoughts and smiled. She flipped back her wavy chestnut hair and flashed a grin, “Don’t make me look terrible, okay?” They both laughed.

“It’s just your eyes, luv. Worst case scenario, I’ll say they’re Grayson’s.” The singer slapped her lightly on the shoulder and Roh shrugged, enjoying the shift in her friend’s mood.

“Shut up! He’ll hear you, and then he’ll totally ask you to make one for him too. Don’t go through that torture Roh, you know how he is,” she said with a chuckle. Rohka grinned as she looked down at the sheet and drew the almonds around the circles, a faint rosy tinge on her cheeks. The singer rolled her eyes and shook her head, then rested her elbow against the table, leaning into the curve of her palm. “Hey, do you think he loves me?”

Roh froze. “Who?”

“The guy, silly!” Petch. She did that on purpose. The sibyl’s stomach twisted in dread as she turned and smiled, sheepishly. “The one I’ve been sitting here talking about for this long, oh gods, weren’t you listening?!” There was a smirk on Vanessa’s lips as she spoke in her high, mocking tone, enough for the sibyl to tell that her friend was making fun of her.

“No, I was listening, I just—“ She wasn’t paying attention anymore. Hazel eyes shifted towards the doorway and the singer gasped. Rohka turned to look at whatever it was that managed to bring the volume down in the House.

Indistinguishable whispers floated around the room as the sibyl took in the sight of a woman who could only be described as being pure. Golden horns and hair, gleaming skin, and a graceful stance all screamed absolute purity, and Rohka was at once wary of her almost unnatural beauty.

“What sort of magic was that?” Vanessa whispered.

“Huh?” Roh kept staring at the strange woman.
“I’ve never seen someone shift into an entirely different person before. Do you think she’s a sorceress? She didn’t have horns before. Gods, who lets these odd races into our city anyways? She’s dangerous, I know she is. Those horns are too pointy to be safe.” Rohka barely heard anything the singer was saying, she was too focused on observing the woman’s effect on the crowd. It seemed that the stranger did indeed change forms, but Roh hadn’t seen what she looked like before. The sibyl was entranced.

“Rohka. Rohka!” She felt her arm being tapped.

“What?”
“Stop staring!”
“Why?”
“What if she sees you?”
“Can we invite her over?” Rohka didn’t look back at her friend. She just smirked. The sibyl was glad for the distraction—it took the focus away from whatever Vanessa was about to dig into before. The stranger was indeed a bit unsettling, but she didn’t seem to have any weapons, and it didn’t look like she intended to cause trouble.

“Are you insane? Look at those horns! She’ll stab you in the eyes with those!”
“You’re being ridiculous.”
“Suit yourself. Don’t come crying to me when she turns you into a frog.”
“Vanessa!” The sibyl hissed, giggling.

“No! Stop it! No don’t! Rohkaaa,” Vanessa begged in vain.

Roh began to wave and beckoned the stranger over as she reached into her pack with her other hand. This was a public, crowded venue, and she knew that Grayson would be around to scare the woman off if she turned out to be weirder than a regular Ravokian, so Rohka wasn’t too afraid to meet someone new. It didn’t seem like the stranger had come in to meet anyone else, by the looks of the faces in the room. She took out her little pouch of cards and laid them on top of her sheet. Vanessa groaned and dropped her chin to her folded hands atop the table as soon as she figured out what the sibyl was doing.

“Come join us!" Rohka called out, her voice light and airy. "Wanna play?”
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Linnaeus on October 21st, 2017, 10:12 pm

The noise level of the tavern had gone from a bustling loud to a whispering quiet in a matter of seconds. Linnaeus could sense all of the various sets of eyes on her, almost every patron of the humble establishment eyeing her up and down, all confused and dazzled by her sudden shifting of forms.

Linnaeus understood this; many of the other servants and family members at the estate also had a guarded demeanor toward her. In her human form she was seemingly harmless, but witnessing her change into her Holy Self was too mystifying and seemingly unnatural for them to be completely comfortable with her. Finding someone that trusted her was difficult within the estate.

As Linnaeus was scanning the crowd and getting a sense of the general mood--which seemed to be pure curiosity mixed with a little fear--the Ethaefel noticed two women sitting together. One of them was waving to Linnaeus enthusiastically and beckoning her to come over and join them. The woman sitting next to her was obviously not as thrilled with this idea, her head low, hissing at her friend in a hushed voice in protest.

Linnaeus never really expected to socialize with anyone else on this night. She simply thought it would be a night filled with observations and learning a little more about her new home city. Linnaeus focused on the small woman beckoning her; she looked at her lithe body, her gaze slowly making its way to meet the woman's own. Then, she looked past the woman's physical body. The woman's aura seemed to blossom around her, small swirls of pink and purple surrounding her like a silhouette. It was an aura of substance. Linnaeus sensed excitement and an earnest intent to understand, and it put Linnaeus at ease. She knew she meant her no harm.

The edges of Linn's mouth curled into a small smile as she met the woman's gaze again. She walked over to the two women slowly, moving gracefully across the tavern's floor, her shoulders held high.

"Hello," she said to them in a calm, liquid voice as she approached them. The woman who called to her had taken out of deck of cards, something that seemed vaguely familiar to the Ethaefal. Linnaeus touched a hand to a chair next to the woman. "May I sit?" she asked the two of them.
She slowly lowered herself into the chair, making eye contact with both of the women. "I am Linnaeus," she said, noticing that some of the noise of the room was beginning to return to its normal volume, the patrons of the tavern soon losing interest in her arrival.

"What kind of a name is that?" asked the woman across from her. Her hazel eyes held Linnaeus' own, her voice stern. "I mean, what even the hell...." she seemed to trail off.

"Look," she said. "I'm not trying to be rude here, but what the hell are you? Most women don't have petching horns." The woman pushed a large lock of hair from her face and sat up straight. "I mean, I saw you, y'know...change. I saw all of the lights. That is not natural."

She took in a sharp breath, speaking quickly. "I mean, look, I'm not trying to define natural or anything," she said, now twirling the lock of hair around her index finger. "I mean, who am I to decide things like that, I mean I know that sometimes women have to work a little harder to get a man's attention--boy do I know--but this seems a little extreme! Like, are you--is this--is this stylistic choice intentional? Because I swear, it'll just scare off the boys." She let out a large sigh. "And boy, do they scare easily..."

Linnaeus looked at her with a blank expression painted on her face, sitting still as a marble statue.

"I, um..." Linnaeus cleared her throat. "I myself have many questions. I fell from the sky only days ago. I cannot remember much, but I do know that I was once a heavenly being, someone who roamed the halls of a god." Linnaeus shifted slightly in her chair, causing some of her effervescent hair to fall forward in her face. "I am one thing during the day and another at night. Of course, no one seems to have many answers for me. What is your name, girl?"

The woman's gaze had widened and her mouth gaped slightly. She was silent for a moment, seemingly lost in her own thoughts. "Oh--uh... Vanessa, that's my name."

Linnaeus gave the woman a small smile, reaching out toward Vanessa's hand that was resting on the table. She placed her own cool hand on Vanessa's. "It's a pleasure to meet you." The girl's eyes held Linnaeus' own, sitting breathlessly still for a moment.

Linnaeus turned to the woman sitting next to her. "And you--what is your name? What are these cards?"
Linnaeus
of the Moon.

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Rohka on October 26th, 2017, 4:46 am

The strange woman seemed to float over to the table and sat down, introducing herself. Rohka sat in silence and grinned involuntarily at Vanessa’s brashness, but the sibyl’s face turned bright red in embarrassment for her. She had a way of speaking her mind that Roh greatly enjoyed, mostly because it almost seemed to make conversations easier—Vanessa had a knack for putting the obvious things out in the open for people to discuss, rather than hiding anyone’s true feelings. It was certainly a useful quality about the singer. You could be sure that anything you tell her would be repeated verbatim in both the best and worst of times.

They’d talked about outfits and dressing up for men earlier, which was most likely why Vanessa brought up the stranger’s look. Rohka had said that women just need to be themselves while the singer insisted that it wasn’t enough; a lady needed to be the best version of her feminine self, both psychologically and aesthetically. It was why Vanessa typically dressed to complement her own bubbly nature, in flowing dresses and rouged cheeks. She wore a long, baby blue chemise that was loosely tightened around her waist, accentuating her light eyes and her small bottom. It was obvious to the sibyl that her friend knew what she was talking about, with the way the singer had managed to gain her adoring fans every evening. If the stranger was a man, Rohka was sure he would’ve been transfixed.

Instead, the woman who introduced herself as Linnaeus seemed to look indifferent to Vanessa’s commentary. Rohka mirrored her friend’s reaction to the story they were being told—falling from the sky? From a god’s domain? None of it seemed to make sense. Rohka picked up her deck and began to shuffle it as Vanessa introduced herself curtly, keeping the stack in one hand and pulling out a few cards with her thumb and index finger, placing the cards on the top of the stack, and repeating the process about six times. She took the top card and flipped it over on the table just as the stranger questioned her.

“I’m Rohka, but feel free to call me Roh. I’m technically off duty tonight, but...” the sibyl smiled as her voice trailed off and glanced at Vanessa, leaning back casually in her chair. Despite her strangeness, Linnaeus was certainly pleasant. Rohka had no need to be anything other than friendly. She held up her deck with one hand then placed it next to the flipped card before folding her hands over the table. “These are what I use for my craft, my work. I became an apprentice fortune teller recently and these cards are what I started using to, well,” Rohka paused, looking down at the image of the first of the water cards, one cup with a dove of peace flying above. She intuited ‘new beginnings’ and intense feelings, getting the impression that the stranger was indeed telling the truth. Relieved, the sibyl continued,

“To gain insight from the gods.” Rohka grinned, her umber eyes glimmering.

“The gods are so strange, they give Roh the weirdest of answers, but she always puts gibberish together to make it sound like that’s what supposed to happen,” said the singer, chuckling and rolling her eyes in jest. “Oh she could totally read something for you Linn—can I call you Linn?” Vanessa turned to the sibyl and went on without waiting for an answer. “Can the gods tell you if she fell from the sky?”

“She did.”
What?!” The incredulous squeal held both excitement and awe. It wasn’t everyday that a woman walked in saying that she used to walk with the divine; Vanessa started to form a million questions in her mind.
“Yea, I think so, I asked while you were talking, and I got this.” Rohka pointed to the card that was on the table. “Basically means ‘new start’, so it’s probably true,” she shrugged. “But sure, I could read something for you Linn, if you need answers,” Roh turned back to the horned woman and gently nodded, picking up the first three cards in the stack and laying them face down, two side-by-side and one in the middle above it. She was intrigued and was happy to do a free reading for her own curiosity’s sake. The sibyl placed a palm above the deck and let it fall to the side, fanning it out on the table. Some of the cards stuck together, and others were more spaced out, all of them face down with their forest green flowered backs blending into each other. "This one's a mind, body, spirit spread. Feel free to flip these three and then tell me what you s—"

“Wait hold on, let’s start with what she remembers. Which god were you with?” The singer’s tone seemed to convey that she wasn’t particularly convinced yet. Roh voiced an interjecting ‘hm’ in agreement, tilting her head in earnest interest.
Last edited by Rohka on June 3rd, 2019, 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Linnaeus on October 27th, 2017, 2:50 pm

"Rohka and Vanessa," Linnaeus said their names, rolling them around in her mouth, feeling them out. Linnaeus stared down at the deck of cards in front of Roh, admiring their color. Focusing, she gazed deeply, looking for something more within the cards.

It took about a minute--the damned sight she possessed wasn't easy to conjure up. It was familiar to her in some way, gazing into the auras, yet something totally alien. Only having discovered it days ago she was still getting the hang of it. Mostly she'd learned that people had great, varying auras while objects generally had very small ones, aside from a few that seemed to be imbued with power.

Linnaeus wondered if this cards were imbued with a type of power. Vanessa spoke of gods and their messages, so she wondered....
Alas, the auras of the cards were nothing compared to that of people. A small aura that smelled of chrysanthemums rose from the deck, a mixture of indigo and yellow. They were treasured but not powerful themselves.

Glancing past the deck sat Rohka, her own aura different from what it was earlier. Its color had shifted into that same indigo and the same smell of chrysanthemums flooded Linnaeus' senses, and she realized that this residue on the cards truly came from Rohka. She must have spent much time with these cards, for they were almost a part of her own person.

Linnaeus smiled. She liked the sound her her newly gifted nickname. 'Linn' felt simple and favored, like a child, or maybe a lover.
"New beginnings, eh? Well this certainly has been one, and I do have many questions. If you've the time, I'll gladly ask." Linnaeus watched as Roh placed three different cards in front of her, and fanned the remaining cards out upon the table's surface. She gazed at the three cards, wondering what truths they held for her.

Something about this place-setting felt oddly familiar to Linn. The cards, the questions, those seeking truth and someone peering into another world to search for the answers that one seeks... Something about this felt like home.
"I think I..." she trailed off, staring blankly at the cards. It was on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't quite place it. "I think I have...had cards like these before? Hmm, but that doesn't make sense." She glanced up at Vanessa, hearing her question.

"I walked the halls of Our Moon, Leth--that much I do remember. He is great and loving and deserves your awe," she said sternly. "I spent much time burning incense for Him, singing hymns, praying for His loving embrace, and He gladly gave it, and brought me into His heaven, though I do not remember the exact circumstances. He is Change itself, and Memory too," said Linn, her shoulders high. "He is never far away."

She looked down at the three cards in front of her again. She reached out and flipped the card in the middle first, and flipped it over, seeing exactly what she knew she would: The Moon. Her heart fluttered and her mind raced with exciting thoughts.

She turned over the card to the left, and there was the Three of Cups--three women gleefully celebrating.

Next, she overturned the remaining card, and her heart felt heavy: the Nine of Swords. She knew from the image that this card was a foreboding augur for those who sought answers.

She glanced up at Rohka, Linnaeus' eyes heavy and her mouth tasting of copper. She looked to Vanessa, whose own face was curious and eagerly awaiting what Rohka would have to say. "I think..." Linn's voice trailed off for a moment. "What do you make of this, Rohka?"
Linnaeus
of the Moon.

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Rohka on November 11th, 2017, 2:02 am

“Oh my gods, Roh! You did it! She got the Moon!” Vanessa shrieked, pulling on the sibyl’s shoulder. Rohka laughed, shrugging and shaking her head at her friend’s fascination. It was indeed surprising to find that the card had matched the woman’s story—it could only be by the magic of the Gods. Something, however, stirred forebodingly within her; to hear this woman speak of her devotion to someone other than Rhysol was just too close to the cusp of blasphemy. It didn’t help that she knew it must’ve been by her saviour’s grace that her cards revealed the truth. Perhaps this woman was meant to worship the moon, as a proxy for His Grace. Rohka had no clue whether the Moon God named Leth, of 'change and memory', had any relation to Rhysol. She wasn’t quite sure if it mattered; surely He knew of the moon, and surely its light over the night of their city meant that Leth was accepted within His domain.

Nevertheless, it was difficult to name whatever it was that made the sibyl both yearning for details and dreading the answers. She’d watched as Linn surveyed her cards and felt a tug of dubious curiosity when the strange woman announced that they looked familiar. Rohka tapped her foot impatiently as Linn flipped the next two cards, wanting to get a full picture of what she was working with before letting herself get carried away with her own streams of worry and doubt. Revealing the three women brought a smirk to her lips that slowly grew into a smile once the air card showed up. A simple spread with a simple answer.

“This is beautiful, Linn. There’s nothing to fear,” the oft-stated line was delivered genuinely this time, with a slight incline of her head and a gentle lean forward. “Your mind does seem to be intimately connected with the moon, though the nature of this card tends to point within, towards your deepest understanding of your thoughts. There’s a suggestion of some pieces of your mind being hidden from yourself, or possibly from others, but there’s no denying the fact that your mind is on what you have claimed.” Vanessa had grown silent by this point, her gaze of wonder bouncing between the sibyl and the seeker. With a quick glance at the two cards left laying side-by-side, Roh continued, her tone shifting lightly to surrender to the lively present.

“Your body, clearly, is right here, right now, with two crazy-cute-Vokian ladies who are happy to make your acquaintance, Linnaeus,” She said cheerfully with a quick hold on Vanessa, and her other hand sliding across the table, pulling the cups card to the middle.

“I’m not crazy Roh, I don’t talk to inanimate objects,” the singer smirked at Linn then turned back to Rohka, “I just have feelings, ok?” Vanessa teased, her frankness meant to point their new friend to the sibyl’s tendency to hide her own. “You know I expected more out of this card. That’s way too easy.”

Roh chuckled and pointed to the flowers near the bottom of the image. “Well there isn’t much more to it, but I guess there’s an inkling of gratitude coming through from Linn’s, um, embodiment, or maybe its just telling me to acknowledge her striking beauty, I don’t know.”
Vanessa jabbed the sibyl in her side with an elbow. “Gods,” the singer whispered, grinning with her hand on her forehead. They laughed, each knowing that they’d finally announced the obvious.

Vanessa quickly pointed to the last card. “That doesn’t look good.”

“It’s fine, trust me. I’m sensing that her spirit is conflicted and anxious about her time here, and it would be lessened if she talks through her worries, attempting to cut through them with rationality. It could also be her spirit reassuring her to take care of herself in any troubling times ahead. That’s all I can glean. It’s quite an innocent spread.”

Just then, a shout came from behind the bar of the House:

“Nessa! You’re up in five.”
“Wait, ten more chimes!” The singer pleaded, her head turned towards the owner, gripping the back of her chair. “Please?!”
Five, not a tick more. Be ready.” She pouted and turned back to the women at the table.

“He’s no fun,” she frowned, lighting combing through her hair with her fingers and looking off to the side. “The new lute boy isn’t even done eating yet. Whatever, Grayson’s a stickler and he’ll want me singing up there regardless.”

“He’ll just come over here eventually, say something to make you laugh, and then you’ll go off happily to sing about your new lover.” The singer clicked her teeth and lightly slapped Roh on the arm. They both remembered Linn in that moment and blushed as they turned to her. Rohka quickly tried to change the subject, smiling at the woman as she picked up her deck and began to shuffle it.

“Grayson’s the owner of the Malt House, and Vanessa here is the nightly entertainment. You should stay and hear her perform! She’s the best in Ravok, you won’t get anything better anywhere else.”
“Stop, you’re impossible,” groaned the singer, covering her face.
“No really, stay with me. It’ll be fun! Do you have anywhere to be later? Have you figured out what you’re doing in Ravok, by the way? You said you fell a few days ago, I’m not sure if you said you’re settled in or if you’re wandering or do you need help with anything?”

The barrage of questioning was supposed to help divert the woman’s attention from Rohka’s slip up earlier, and Vanessa knew it. The singer voiced a few ‘mm’s in between as support and encouragement, not entirely worried if Linn had heard what Roh said. It was all the same to her. Vanessa was fairly confident about however she would need to handle it.

NoteWriting out an exit for our PCs due to absence

Rohka retired early that night, after saying goodbye to the woman who had parted ways as quickly as she'd arrived. Vanessa sung her new song, waving midway through her tune as Roh climbed the stairs up to her simple room. She needed rest to settle her new feelings about this relationship to Leth that Linn had enlightened upon them. There was no telling what the Gods had in store for that strangely beautiful woman, but Roh went to bed that night praying to Rhysol as she did every night...

...praying for forgiveness:

Dear Rhysol, forgive me for letting my mind wander astray from you tonight. Please guide me back towards the path closest to you, where I can learn to build my craft in your honor, and only yours.

The sybil rose from kneeling by her bedside, hands gently unclasping, and slipped beneath the old cotton sheets that brushed against her bare skin.

She fell quickly to sleep in somber silence.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rohka on November 3rd, 2019, 11:46 pm

GRADES
linnaeus

Writing with you was so much fun! If you ever return to Miz, please send me a PM and I'll grade this for you :)

rohka

Experience:
    Drawing +1
    Observation +1
    Psychology +1
    Fortune Telling +2

Lores:
    Vanessa: anything said to her will be repeated verbatim
    Psychology: How to be the best version of your feminine self
    Linnaeus: Walked with the divine, with Leth
    Leth: The Moon God, Domain of Change and Memory
    Fortune Telling: The Mind, Body, Spirit Spread
Additional Notes:

If you have any concerns over this grade, don't hesitate to send me a message on either Discord or Miz. Also, please be sure to EDIT any posts in the grading queue to 'Graded'. Enjoy!
-Rohka ❤
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes