A New Beginning (Ciraaci)

Ramona encounters one of the

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on October 2nd, 2017, 1:03 pm

Ramona

Bhug was confused, he was going to meet the Ankal of another Pavillion? He didn't quite understand, he really did like it here. The time by himself, and the times where he could play with the other Diamond Clan kids. It was fun, and he didn't want to leave. Though, perhaps he could be more use to this Mourningstar Pavillion.

"Oh, I see."Bhug said in a confused tone, and nodded along. He grabbed onto Ramona's hand and swayed it a little out of shyness. Ramona tightly grasped to assure the boy that everything was going to be fine.

"Lead the way."Ramona said to Ciraaci with a smile and she would follow beside the other woman. "Not to be rude, but-"Ramona started, she was really curious as to what kind of race Ciraaci was. "What are your people called, haven't heard of many stories with people who have such interesting horns on their heads. I love the horns!"Ramona said with an excited tone, she didn't mean to be rude by any means, she was just curious.

Template layout courtesy of Prophet, and big thanks to him for letting me use his layout. :)
Care to help out, leave a response?

SPEECH

|| "Pavi." || Pavi Sign. || "Other Speaking 1." || My Speech 1." || My Thoughts || "Common." ||

"I see skies of blue. Red roses too. I will always love you."

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Words: 118181
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2017, 12:08 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Maore on October 3rd, 2017, 2:49 am

"We are of the Amethyst clan," she said, knowing it wasn't far depending on how deep into the Diamond spoke Ramona's set-up was. She tried to offer a reassuring smile to the shy child, but he'd already put Ramona between the two of them.

Ciraaci started off, leading the two back the way she'd come with Ramona, and making for the left-hand path, as Amethyst pavilions lived near the entrance to Endrykas and her own was one of the furthest.

"I'm ethaefal," she said easily, in response to Ramona's question. It wasn't the first time she'd been asked, and she was certain there'd never come an end to it. She strove to not dwell upon the lingering wounds in her spirit after her fall, as they remained opened and stinging even lifetimes later. "Syna made me in her Goldenlands, and lost me in the sea."

Her hands swept through grandiose signs, intimate, longing, forlorn, peaceful. There was more, of course, that she kept hidden and sealed to her chest. Feelings of doubt, loneliness, anger, and ultimately distrust in the goddess that Ciraaci no longer spoke in favour of. She didn't say so to Ramona and left her feelings ambiguous. "Not many of us exist, I think. I've only seen a few."
Maore
the void behind my teeth.

Words: 136468
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2017, 6:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on October 3rd, 2017, 9:37 pm

Ramona

When Ciraaci mentioned the Goldenlands, Ramona was interested. She wondered what she meant by that, and it seemed interesting to Ramona that she was an Ethaefal. Ramona had never heard of an Ethaefal before, though she felt glad if she were to live with one and discover what they like and don't like and anything else that an Ethaefal does. Hopefully, Ramona would be able to join their Pavillion. Bhug would be a good addition to the Pavillion, he could help around and keep up with the daily chores. It would show him how hard Drykas work, and it would start helping Bhug by giving him a good work ethic.

"The Goldenlands? I... never heard of them?"Ramona asked and guided Bhug away from an oncoming horse who was being a little stubborn as they past the three of them. "I've heard of them when I was younger, but I couldn't believe my eyes- I've seen one for the first time. So you fell from the sky?"Ramona asked excitedly as they continued walking. She was interested in the Ethaefal, but Bhug was mostly interested in everything else. She frowned at his lack of interest, she hoped that would change later on when he meets other Ethaefal aside from Ciraaci.

Template layout courtesy of Prophet, and big thanks to him for letting me use his layout. :)

SPEECH

|| "Pavi." || Pavi Sign. || "Other Speaking 1." || My Speech 1." || My Thoughts || "Common." ||

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Maore on October 4th, 2017, 10:37 am

Talking about it was like talking about a scabbed wound and pretending it didn't still hurt. Ciraaci had often danced around the subject and hadn't spoken about it in length in what felt a lifetime, and not simply because she was closed. It felt intimate. Talking about the Goldenlands and Syna was no different from talking about her soul, or her husband, or the children who'd left her behind.

Ciraaci left behind where she'd come from and instead returned to talking about what she was.

"Fell from the sky?" She asked, suddenly bemused by the imagining. "No, that's a long way to fall, but that's how I've heard it described. 'Fallen'." That's how she'd always said it to be, though comparing the situation to being spat out of paradise was a bit impolite. Forsaken seemed like a better term and it suited the taste of regret on her tongue. "I woke in the sea." She sidestepped the gruff horse and the man the horse was acting out to, charmed by the simple personality the beasts possessed. She guided her two companions through the heart of Endrykas to get to her home, and then off to the west once they'd gotten northward enough for her to cut them through Amethyst pavilions in a near direct path.

"There aren't many ethaefal. I may be the only one in Endrykas, but I understand that may change. I didn't 'land' here when I was returned from my time away, but I came in time. Others may do the same." And she was sure of it, because she'd been drawn to find the people her human seeming had belonged to- and though those people were dead and had become the drykas while she was with Syna, she hadn't been disappointed with the people she'd found in their place.
Maore

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on October 4th, 2017, 1:14 pm

Ramona

Ramona didn't quite comprehend the philosophy of the Ethaefal. She was a hunter, and didn't really have time to learn about the outside world of Endrykas. Though, Ciraaci seemed open enough to talk about herself and her race a bit while the three were making their way towards the Mourningstar Pavillion.

She wondered if there was a way to return to Syna, hopefully. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask?

"Are you ever able to go back, whenever you want to?
Or is there more to it than it seems?"
Ramona imagined Syna's Goldenlands to be the perfect paradise, where everything was perfect,
or at least in Syna's own image...

"How long have you been in Endrykas- do you plan on leaving?"She didn't intend for it to be rude. Ramona had no intention of being rude, she was just curious, but if she was stepping out of line. She would back off and stop asking questions if she needed to.
Surprisingly, Bhug was still being quiet, and he was just mesmerized at the Ethaefal now.

SPEECH

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Maore on October 4th, 2017, 2:19 pm

Ciraaci was willing to talk about herself as an ethaefal because she considered her culture to be similar to the drykas. It was a strange contradiction to be elated at the curiosity and similarly repulsed by the things she was saying. Caught between unconditional love and resentment, she didn't wish to dwell too long on the thought of the possibility of returning to Syna's Goldenlands.

For this reason, Ciraaci didn't continue the topic of the Goldenlands and returned to guiding the conversation away, gently towards something else. She didn't know Ramona well, after all, and thought a human, a young woman with a fleeting life, would do better to consider earthly concerns and leave the ethaefal to their plight.

"I have been here for a long time," she said. "The drykas recently left the underground when I came to them, and I've been with them for well past a lifetime. I don't think I'll ever leave." But she couldn't even promise that. There seemed a curse upon the ethaefal she'd met in the past, young faces turned to the sky dreaming of a way back to their homes. Ciraaci thought it foolish; it was her belief that all ethaefal came to be forsaken once they realized neither Syna nor Leth would ever take them back- and even with that planted firmly in her mind, Ciraaci couldn't say she was any happier knowing she lived in spite of her goddess.

They were close now. Ciraaci could recognize the tents of her pavilion's neighbours. There were friendly faces, stern-set as they frowned at the antics of misbehaving children (or dogs underfoot). She smiled at them, though the expression was wan and uncharacteristically dim, indicating the ethaefal to be in thought.
Maore

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on October 6th, 2017, 1:24 pm

Ramona

It was interesting to learn about others from outside of Endrykas. Ramona loved the stories that others had and adventures they've been through. Though, Ciraaci lived with Endrykas for a long time, from what Ramona gathered she didn't explore much of the outside world. Though, Ramona would be able to travel to other cities during the Winter, she could make trades and visit their markets and see what cultures are inside each and every one. Though, she would always return to Endrykas- it was her home after all and she had been through so much already. She couldn't just leave the city.

She still had Bhug to take care of.

Ramona noticed that Ciraaci was quiet, and Bhug was getting impatient.

"Are we almost there yet, Ramona?"Bhug asked swayed Ramona's arm about. She gave him the time to do what he needed to keep himself occupied. Ramona wasn't sure why Ciraaci grew quiet, but Ramona decided that she shouldn't ask anymore questions about her; maybe it was a bit too much?

"Is there anything you'd like to know about me, or my brother?"Ramona asked as a formality because she wondered what kind of skills she would need to have in order to help the Pavillion in any way she could.

SPEECH

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Maore on November 8th, 2017, 8:41 am

The ethaefal had navigated the two following her into the depths of Mourningstar tents, curiously empty to any outsider who didn’t recognize the Drykas culture as uniquely busy. She was confident, though, walking them around an old hound that served his time better with the pavilion children than he did keeping guard of the camp, though he liked to pretend he was still capable. Regardless, the ethaefal murmured a soft word to him, some assurance that the people she was bringing were good, and he seemed to trust her implicitly enough to not raise his hackles… or do even little more than lift his head. He had let them pass, though, into the open area the group shared as something of a communal meeting place.

“Are you comfortable in the Sea of Grass?” The ethaefal asked her companions, finally speaking the questions that seemed most important to her. It was imperative that an interested applicant be comfortable in the open Sea, surrounded only by faces he might soon become tired of, and who wouldn’t ride off into danger. “We spend the hot season out there, weathering the storms and managing the webs. You will learn to navigate, if you don’t already know how, but it’s important for the ankal to know your skills and how you may fit with us.”

She was not trying to be dismissive, but Ciraaci hardly handled the affairs of the pavilion, having been the wife of an ankal long dead and not the ankal herself. She held the tentative position of elder, though she looked as young as the ankal’s middling daughter, and while she was permitted to hold an opinion among her peers, she wasn’t indispensable. These were two Drykas alone in Endrykas, and that stirred her enough to bring them to her ankal – and he would decide where they fit, if they did.

“Stay here,” the ethaefal said, indicating the central fire of the shared meeting space, and left the two of them behind without awaiting their agreement to her request, stepping forward to the largest of the tents there, so easily identified as an ankal tent by the intricacy of the knotwork and the coloured ribbons tied to it. There were children outside to keep an eye on Ramona and Bhug, a quiet woman minding over the scene with a careful patience for what was occurring. She was silent for the moment, her interest more on the children who’d breached personal space to eye the new child and his older sister.

Ciraaci herself had entered the ankal’s tent, little warning to give the man and his youngest wife the time to dress and greet her, but she was detached from experiencing embarrassment over seeing the two of them sweat-slicked and wrapped together in a bed of animal skins. She waited, though, for the ankal to rise and greet her before spilling the information she’d gleaned regarding the two Drykas awaiting his attention, beginning of course with the fact that the two of them were alone, and that they were young.

Caradoc Mourningstar was a hard man to read, even for the woman that had watched him grow from an easily agitated child to an aggressively personable leader. He had undergone some kind of personal crisis in the early days of 512 that had changed him as a man and made him contrary. Ciraaci understood that a lot had changed at the time, but she had no patience to make sense of it. Caradoc was a grown man and she wasn’t his mother. He was quiet, like the woman outside minding the handful of children left behind while their parents did their work around Endrykas, but his silence was less introversion and more severe, like his voice had the force of thunder and he withheld his words so he wouldn’t waste the power on lesser subjects.

His wife, an obnoxiously loud, young creature with pretty eyes and enviable beauty, watched the two of them with wide-eyed curiosity, but Ciraaci gave her little mind unless she spoke up. She’d once read a discomfort in the girl when they’d spoken, as if the ethaefal left her perturbed, and hadn’t made the effort to breach conversation unless absolutely imperative. It wasn’t as if Ciraaci disliked the girl, but she had long ago thought that people had gotten over staring at her. She was on the furthest part of the ethaefal’s mind for that, all eyes on Caradoc as he considered what Ciraaci had brought to him.

“I will see them,” he said then, moving to rejoin his wife and dress appropriately for the Autumn chill of the outdoors. Ciraaci herself nodded, stepped out, and shooed away the handful of children that had amassed to surround Ramona and Bhug, chirping innocent questions about where they’d come from and why they were here as their caretaker maintained her careful eye on them.

“Caradoc is coming,” Ciraaci said to all of them, and like it held a deeper meaning over the young ones than it did over their guests, the children scattered to the four winds with peals of laughter and an patient mother’s pleas for good behaviour.

Caradoc wasn’t far behind her, emerging from the pavilion tent as he tied a purple sash around his waist in proud display of the Amethyst colours. The man was large, greying hair betraying his age where it didn’t bend his back in weight of the years, and wore the evidence of his many seasons in the form of scars across his face and bare arms.

He approached the two straightforward, indicated they remain seated, and left Ciraaci to hover nearby, like some kind of fussy mother overseeing a playdate while trying to remain impartial.

“Tell me about yourselves,” he said to the two of them, measured with his tone, and as if Ciraaci hadn’t already relayed everything she’d learned to him already. “Where you’ve been living, and how you’ve done so alone.”

Maore

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on November 11th, 2017, 12:42 am

"Oh yes, we're quite comfortable." Ramona decided to leave the fact that she was getting help from the neighbouring pavilions while Ramona was out, they would watch Bhug for her. Or Bhug normally went and visited the River Flower to help out; like some of the other Drykas would. Normally, Bhug would just be playing with the other kids around his age he said that the older kids were bothering him. Though, Ramona didn't take all too seriously she did talk with the other pavilions and the elders to keep a closer eye on Bhug, but if Ramona could find a pavilion willing enough to take the two of them in; it would be great. Not only would they have someone to help Ramona watch Bhug, while she would be out looking for food, but Bhug would have a more stable family.

Ramona was still recovering from the death of her parents who aided against the Zith and their most recent attack just a few seasons ago. Her cousins died when Bhug was just two years old during a hunting expedition, and Ramona couldn't bare the death any longer. She wanted someone to talk to, and she prayed to Caiyha and Syna that hopefully, she'll be able to find a welcoming pavilion.

Overall, she was quite grateful to Ciraaci for taking the time to introduce herself and that her pavilion were inviting others into their home.

Once the three of them arrived at the Mourningstar Pavilion, Ramona and Bhug were told to wait and so they did. A handful of kids from their pavilion crowded around the two of them, and we're asking questions. A lot of them were quite observant and they've asked questions about the Diamond Clan since Ramona and Bhug were wearing the colours that represented their Clan that they were born into.

"One at a time," Ramona advised, and quieted the children down. Though, before she could answer any more questions about the Diamond Clan; the Silvertongues we're greeted by the ankal and Ciraaci kept distant. Ramona took notes of it, but she wondered how this process would go....

"Tell me about yourselves."Ramona felt her stomach shift, she didn't know if he wanted her whole back story or not, but Ramona was glad to tell him about the two of them.

"My name is Ramona Silvertongue, and this is my only brother Bhug. We were born to Akilly and Gamora Silvertongue. My father was a Watchman, and my mother was a leatherworker and cook." Ramona stated and sat on the log as Bhug wanted to sit down.

"Bhug is only five years old." She added, "I go out to hunt, and provide for our family and community with the deer I catch." Ramona said. She grabbed her backpack and pulled out a piece of preserved venison that was cooked by the Spitfire. It was from Ramona's deer that she had caught awhile ago. The meat was still pretty decent, but it was a little tender.

"Where've you been living, and how you done so alone."Ramona took a deep breath and looked over to Ciraaci. Then back to Caradoc.

"I've been getting assistance from the neighbouring pavilions in the Diamond Clan. They've known my father and got along quite well." Ramona said with a smile. There seemed to be an awkward silence, and Bhug thought that he should jump into the conversation to.

"I helped around the pavilions too!" Bhug said. "I kept kids busy while I played with them!"

583 Words

NOTE: THE IMAGE IS NOT MINE I FOUND IT ON THE INTERNET, ALL I DID WAS RESIZE IT.
:)

SPEECH

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Maore on December 4th, 2017, 6:29 am

Caradoc listened to Ramona speak, deeply interested in what she had to say and how she went about describing herself. The man embodied a quiet patience that put him at odds with the wife now watching from the mouth of the pavilion, but as she had committed to restraint, the woman went unnoticed. What Ramona said seemed to satisfy her curiosity, because soon she retreated again to the dim inside of the tent and left her husband, the ethaefal, and their guests to their own affairs. Ciraaci took little notice of this between glancing up and back to the meeting.

"Do you hunt alone?" He asked, a strange humour lighting up in the deepest parts of his eyes, as if it were very important to know. "We have hunters in this pavilion, and we neither practise nor encourage one another to go out alone. You will have to accommodate to that if you wish to hunt for your keep." He couldn't pay her, either; the lifestyle of living in the Sea of Grass was jobless work, one would be expected to have the means to support themselves when the pavilion rode out into the open grassland from late spring to early autumn. His sign language implied as much, the gestures direct and meaningful.

Caradoc looked to the boy when the child suddenly piped up, like the awkward silence couldn't dampen his spirits. The ankal allowed a smile. "As you saw," he began, "there are an abundance of children in this family. We expect them to make something of themselves, as well. Whether that's helping with our horses, minding the herd, or little more than cleaning up and assisting their elders. Ours is a large pavilion, and we make a committed effort to contributing and surviving on the Sea of Grass."

He inhaled and Ciraaci closed in, invested in the conversation. She had a small notion of where this might head as the discussion hadn't become negative - that she could tell. Caradoc acknowledged her with a quick look, like he'd forgotten she was there. What fondness could be expressed between the ankal and a woman so distantly related to him that any shared blood was dilute had become little more than a wan smile. He'd outgrown hanging from her clothing and pulling at her horns, outgrown clumsy flirting and obnoxious anger. Ciraaci, who had outgrown that all a long time ago, returned the wan expression and settled at Ramona's side with an upright posture that better made her likeness into that of a marble statue.

Caradoc read something in Ciraaci's expression and unspoken language that agreed with his decision, and while he'd not said much in interview to Ramona, it seemed to be enough to satisfy him. After all, she came to him alone, with no family to support or fight on her behalf, and she came with a child.

"We will take you in," he said after a long moment of pained silence, looking from the ethaefal to the woman. "Bring your things here with you and we'll make space for you to join our pavilion's grounds. Tonight, you will bring us the meat of your kill to feed us, and we'll introduce you to the rest of the pavilion."
Maore

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext