Closed Landfall (Nya Winters)

Pulren lands on Syka and meets someone.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Landfall (Nya Winters)

Postby Pulren Marsh on November 27th, 2017, 5:27 am

Pulren Marsh
Your Favorite Uncle
Proud to have the fish in his possession, Pulren was more than willing to accept the labor task for it. Barter was something he could definitely use more of, since the rest of the world demanded mizas. besides, he actually wanted to help the settlement. If he was going to make it his permanent home, a thing he had chased for years, he damned well meant to put in as much as he wanted out of it. Basically peace.

He made a stupid face of ignorance and mirth when Nya returned the meat to Juli. Of course, there was part of the pile staying. Pulren just hadn't thought that far. With Syka, Laviku and Nya on his mind, there wasn't much room for anything else. Speaking of, the Kelvic was beckoning him to leave the Mercantile and Pulren grinned and nodded politely to Juli and headed off in tow. They soon found themselves at a structure that looked like it was supposed to replicate a natural pool of water. It was all very elaborate and it seemed that it was for bathing.

Nya cleared all of that up and he watched as she put a package behind for the blind poolkeeper, noting that the vine being left in a particular manner might alert him since something was out of place. It was a sound strategy. The idea of lounging around with Nya on a particularly hot day sounded just fine with Pulren, though he made no obvious move or comment about it. he was doing his best to behave. The tour continued as they traveled to an interesting home that seemed to hover over the stream beneath it. Pulren was overly impressed with the ways that people built their homes here. He expected them all to be crude and made of sticks and leaves or something, but they were actually quite refined homesteads. He definitely paid close attention to it.

Pulren followed Nya up and in to Uta's home, minding once more the explanations about plants and medicines. it wasn't the most exciting of topics to Pulren, but he suspected that if he was going to live in a place with limited resources, he had better learn about them anyway. he did have some ideas to kick around with yet another bare chested beauty, though the daggers strapped to her forearms spoke volumes. As Nya looked out to the stream, Pulren greeted Uta. "Nice to meet you. I admit, I am pretty ignorant about plants, but I would love to learn. Do you also know about what kinds of trees produce the best woods for building and other things? The woman seemed to perk a little, as if she might go into a long explanation of the subject, but soon fingered at the flowering branch and Pulren read the situation perfectly. "Next time?", he asked, a look of gratitude spreading across the botanist's face. "That would be lovely. Nice to meet you again, Pulren."

Feeling Nya's hand in his own, Pulren smiled and began to leave again, when Uta made an interesting gesture, petting Nya, who made the deepest purr that no human could possibly make. It was a true Kelvic moment and Pulren enjoyed it. There was no reason for jealousy. She didn't belong to him so far. the pair took off again crossing the ravine and heading into the jungle. As they rose up a hill, Pulren was surprised to see what was clearly a plantation and farm, though it was ancient and only in the beginning stages of being rebuilt. the Zeltivan felt bad that all of the Founders and masters of trade in Syka were so old. He hoped that he could aid them in carrying on their dream of harmony as the years passed.

"Isuas huh? Interesting. Before Ivak's fury? That was over five hundred years ago. Syka has a very ancient history. I just wonder at the amount of secrets and surprises waiting to be discovered here." When she returned, he took her hand back for a moment, happy to be spending time with her. The tour was cool, too. Again, they were off and she was telling him about the other two founders, Mathias Okavis and Randal Zor. He balked at the idea of five acres of land. It was an amazing amount of property for anywhere, especially in such a beautiful and magical place as Syka. He was anxious to meet these men and even more so to see where Nya herself lived. He hoped to see her lands many times as the days passed.

Soon, they were at a marvelous bungalow with the porch over the water. Of course a Founder has the perfect bungalow! He smiled again as Nya jumped up like an excited child to tell this man all about him and deliver food. Pulren smiled and made his way over to Mathias, reaching out and shaking his hand in the Zeltivan way, gripping forearms. "The Wave Guard, eh? I'm glad to hear they are still in action. Did you ever study at the University?" Pulren stood back and swelled his chest. "Yes, Sir, I took courses in sailing and anthropology. I hoped to be a world explorer like Kenabelle Wright and discover so many mysteries. Turned out all I had to do was become a mercenary. Did the same with more coin, though the struggles were many."

Mathias nodded and laughed, looking out to the water. "What do you plan to do here, Pulren?" The Zeltivan relaxed and also looked out, though his eyes wandered to Nya on occasion as well. "I hope to make a home here, Sir. I am a devout worshiper of Laviku and plan to explore the realm. I also like to make maps, so I hope to do a bit of that. I know there isn't anything to guard against here, but my skill and steel is in your service if need be." Mathias rocked in his chair, his fingers tracing over whatever words he had been writing in his journal. "Well, it sounds like a good fit and we'd do fine to have you. Since you have traveled the world, I am sure you should come by and talk to me sometime, tell me what the world has been up to."

Nodding and smiling, Pulren walked closer to Nya, just because. "Sure thing. This is an excellent porch to fish off of. We could throw lines and talk. A Zeltivan's favorite pastime. other than drinking, of course" Mathias laughed heartily.
A Naia Template

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Landfall (Nya Winters)

Postby Nya Winters on November 28th, 2017, 4:33 am

The moss-eyed Kelvic watched Pulren quietly as he responded to Mathias. The woman made her affection for the Founder well known and he too didn’t seem to cross any boundaries as he reached up and stroked the woman’s brindled hair absently and affectionately. Nya dropped down resting on her heels giving him easier access to pet her from his chair, her whole attention on the Founder. The porch seemed to be one of those places where everyone was welcome and drinks would be offered. The multiple chairs scattered around indicated that. So too did the way Nya made herself at home and reached out to rub her chin along Mathias’ shoulder for a moment as if refreshing a scent mark on him. Her actions banished any illusion she wore of being human. She leaned over and sniffed at Mathias’ drink, wrinkling her nose as if the brew he had resting beside him wasn’t to her taste.

When Pulren started to speak again, she turned her attention back to the mercenary.

The Kelvic shamelessly listened to Pulren’s answers as she stifled a yawn. She was curious as well but such things were not her business so she wouldn’t ask them unless invited. The woman was glad Pulren was planning on staying. She liked what she knew of him so far. The fact that he planned on making a home here warmed something surprising inside of her as she watched him react to Mathias’ question.

Laviku.

Nya knew so little of the God and wondered if Pulren would welcome a conversation about him. All she knew of him was of the offering she’d made at Shai’s request before they had set sail on the Veronica for Syka. Such things, the sailors had told her, were traditional. Nya knew there was a lot more to The Gods than most people understood. Her own loyalty of Zulrav fueled that awareness. Maybe Pulren would share his interest and help her understand.

The stranger continued to talk. Nya’s eyes drooped lower, but her gaze was still fixed on Pulren.

He liked to explore? To make maps? Nya watched him with even more interest, glancing occasionally to Mathias to see his reaction to Pulren’s words. The older man seemed to relax and smelled of contentment as he talked with the newcomer. There was no concern, no seeking, as if looking for alternative motives, as she’d seen him do in the past. Did Mathias know something of Pulren that the man hadn’t yet revealed in front of her? Nya shifted and dropped from her squat to a sprawled on one side of Mathias’ chair. She leaned against his rocker and purred slightly. Mathias stroked her head again, but otherwise ignored her his attention focused on Pulren.

Nya reached up and bit Mathias’ hand where it gripped the rocker lightly. He’d stopped petting her for a moment. The Founder chuckled and resumed his attention as the Kelvic seemed to drift off.

Mathias gave her an affectionate look. “Was she snaking again at The Commons? Is that where the meat is from?” The man used the term ‘snaking’ like Nya made it some sort of contact sport. Mathias directed his words to Pulren, writing off Nya as already slipping into a quick nap. The Kelvics eyes had drifted closed and she appeared to slumber, relaxing where she was. It proved she felt safe in Mathias’ company.

Nya seemed in no hurry to leave. Mathias wasn’t surprised. He just continued to gently pet her. “She comes here sometimes to keep me company or when she wants some companionship, mainly to hear a story. We do a lot of fishing here and even more storytelling. You are welcome to bring your pole anytime or I have some here. I can’t get her to fish though. She stretches out and naps instead. There’s a lot that is spoke of on this porch that doesn’t get mentioned away from here, if you understand what I’m not saying. I hope you do stay, Pulren. Nya hasn’t ever brought anyone to my porch, and certainly doesn’t let anyone carry her kills. Cats are like that, territorial and possessive. Don’t let her beauty fool you, Pulren. She’s sliced to pieces inside and only just putting herself back together. Many people have come here like her, some even worse. I wonder if you aren’t also one of those. You certainly seem like a seeker. I hope you find what you are looking for…” Mathias said, gesturing to the chair closest to them.

“Please, sit.”

Nya had long since curled up, still wearing her skin but looking anything but human the way she sprawled in the sun. Her legs tangled with the rocker that Mathias had gestured too. The older man reached down behind his rocking chair and pulled out a mango from a small bucket of fruit that Pulren noticed next to him. The mango got passed to the small table beside Pulren’s chair, an offering of refreshment without a doubt.

“You might as well get comfortable. She’ll nap ten chimes or so then be up and ready to drag you onward. I wasn’t used to them when we started this endeavor. But now that we’re here, there are quite a few kelvics around. They take some adjustment.” The Founder said, leaning back and finally giving up the pretense of petting the sound asleep Kelvic.

“I have the utmost respect for Laviku. We could use a few of his followers here. All of us are men and women of faith. Some of us are even marked to prove it.” Mathias leaned over and brushed Nya’s long loose hair off her back. “She’s a Stormwarden. Surprising isn’t it?” He said with a smile then pulled his vest, which was the only thing he was wearing across his torso, away from his chest revealing his own marks. “I’m a priest of Xhyvas. And Ovek has marked me too. The Gods are at work here in this place. It never surprises me when the faithful appear here… at least not anymore. Syka depends on the Sea a great deal. Without His generosity, we would not have eaten in that first season. We had no idea what all the food in the jungle was and which of it was edible. We still harvest his fish and the coastal food he provides… crabs, clams, even turtles.” Mathias added, looking thoughtfully at Pulren.

“I wonder what your role here will be. And I wonder why this Kelvic has attached herself to you.” Mathias was blunt in his words, but they weren’t remotely unkind or rude. Instead, he seemed to have a way about him that bespoke wisdom, at least when it came to people.

“A mercenary huh? There are a lot of battles to fight here, for all this place looks peaceful. There’s threats from the jungle, from the pirates at sea, even from things we are just starting to understand. This settlements location was ill chosen, I think, for sometimes I sit here and feel like I’m resting on the back of something only slumbering… much like this Kelvic.” Mathias smiled, gently nudging Nya with his bare toe. “If it’s not alive now, it once was, and evidence of it is all around us. Things wash up in the river, on the beach, or get tripped over in the jungle. It drives me to ask questions that I fear the answers too. There are ruins all around us. We live among the bones of something far bigger than we are now.” Mathias said, looking Pulren in the eye. He seemed to be judging the man’s reaction or at the very least his level of interest.

“Be careful here.” Mathias added, seemingly speaking of both Syka and Nya herself. “Small steps are best, at least until you get your footing.” He added, a wistful smile lit his face, reaching his eyes for certain.

“When you truly decide you are ready to commit… to stay and give back to the settlement, I’ll deed you some land that you can build on to suit yourself. You look young enough and hungry enough to want your own space.” The Founder said…. and then leaned back. Rocking contentedly. For all that Mathias seemed older, he was in good shape and spry. He also had a longsword leaning against the side of the bungalow, casually left in plain sight.

“So…. Do you have any questions of me? I figure you have about five chimes then she’s going to be starting to wake up. Suggest you are hungry, because their bodies process food fast. If you don’t feed her every few hours, she gets snarly and snappy. Don’t tell her to eat. Make her think to feed you and she will eat as well. It will save an argument in the long run… “ Mathias said with a gentle laugh then leaned back, ready to answer any of Pulren’s questions the man might see fit to ask.

Then, it would be time to move on… meet the other Founders and deliver the rest of the food. Nya’s packets were getting fewer and fewer, but it was true what she said about the death of the snake feeding quite a few people.

1536=28633/50000

Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Landfall (Nya Winters)

Postby Pulren Marsh on December 5th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Pulren Marsh
Your Favorite Uncle
Pulren felt at home with Mathias. It was like a world that he had dreamed of when he was younger. Instead of a fisherman who shared stories and good times, he had old drunk ass Pal, belching and bitching, telling him to fetch more swill. It would have stung more years ago, but now it just endeared the founder to him more.

Also not lost on the Zeltivan was Nya's constant need for attention at the man's side. More misplaced jealousy or envy. Nothing severe, he just hoped that someday she might nip at his hand when he stopped petting her. Soon, the Kelvic drooped off in a state of contentment and pleasure, leaving the two men to themselves. Taking the offer to sit, Pulren did so and looked at Nya while Mathias spoke of her. "Snaking? Oh, yes. First thing off the boat today, I saw her battling the beast in her true form. Magnificent." Mathias chuckled. "You just arrived today?" He seemed to be genuinely surprised. "Oh, yes Sir. My things are still sitting on the dock. I just couldn't help myself. We hit it off and I just followed her wherever." His answer seemed to please Mathias more. Pulren didn't try to analyze it. He did, however pay attention to the man's words.

Taking the mango, he smelled it, his senses satisfied with its sweet aroma. Without much thought, his hand slid into his boot and the trusty straight razor came forth, sliding open with ruthless efficiency as he split the fruit, opening its innards before he wiped the blade on his pants, closed it and returned it. A mouthful of fruity hydration, he swallowed and nodded in agreement that things would stay between them. He understood about being split inside. "I have my own demons to defeat, but I think they can be satisfied and silenced here. When I was in Nyka, I delved into the Aperture. I saw things there that made me question my sanity, my whole world. It took me some time to come back from that. Still a work in progress." Mathias held a look of stern understanding. "Well, on the bright side, I think that makes you a monk. Isn't that what they do?" Pulren thought on it and laughed. "I never thought about it, but I guess you are right."

"Xhyvas? I don't know that God, my apologies. Ovek I am unsure of as well." Mathias grinned. "Xhyavas is the God of Transcendence and Possibilities. Ovek, Luck and Gambling.I would have thought a mercenary would know Ovek well." Pulren chewed at some mango in thought. "Well, I just never banked on luck. I rely on my wits and my skills to get me through. When in the Ocean, I believe in the Father." His faith was resolute and he hoped that Mathias understood that. Even if he was never marked, Pulren would always be as stalwart in his faith for Laviku. When Mathias wondered at why Pulren was there and the Kelvic as well, the hidden current wasn't lost on the Zeltivan. "Laviku brought me in on the tide, to this place at this time, for a reason. I am sure it will all find its way out. It always does."

As much as he liked waxing philosophy, he was happy that the conversation turned to battle and danger. When Mathias spoke of living on the back of a slumbering giant, Pulren turned more somber, his mango being rested on the table, his eyes on the man and his head nodding in assent. "I am here to protect what will be home. I love history and the mysteries that lie all around us. In every city, remnants of the old world are there, just below the surface. You can be sure that I will give my all to defend Syka and protect her secrets. I give you my word." It was as solemn as the handshake of martial brothers. Pulren didn't need to explain and he didn't need to know why. It simply was.

Listening to the wise knowledge, Pulren's eyes turned back to Nya. Whatever the feeling was, the spark had set. He wasn't trying to throw himself into it, whatever it was, but he was definitely feeling more than the usual banal attraction. When Mathias gave him the chance to ask questions, Pulren thought on it. "Well, two things came to mind as I have looked around here. Mind you, these are purely observations from a tactical mind. One, how would you defend the settlement from threats?" Looking over his shoulder to the longsword against the wall behind Mathias, Pulren continued. "I can see you and more than likely the other founders are equipped, but there is a lot of space here and not a lot of defensible positions. Do you have any kind of guard for the settlement? If not, I would be happy to volunteer. Second, do you plan on importing construction materials or making everything here, yourself? Again, it is not meant in any kind of disrespect, ust questions that settled in my mind upon arrival."

Eating the rest of his mango, he listened to the replies and once Nya was awake, he would say his pleasant goodbyes and follow her wherever she chose to take him next.
A Naia Template

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Landfall (Nya Winters)

Postby Nya Winters on December 7th, 2017, 5:37 am

Nya felt Mathias’ porch was a safe place and The Founders presence always soothed the worst of her nerves or brought out the very best side of her. And so it was that she took a quick catnap at his feet while Mathias and Pulren got to know each other a bit. She listened in as she napped, but it was more like their voices became music in the background that added to the song of the wind and the waves lapping under Mathias’ deck. No words presented themselves so there was no conversation to follow, just the lull of deep voices talking quietly.

Mathias thought about Pulren’s first question carefully. “A place such as Syka can’t be defended as if it were a city. What instead can be done is to teach the individuals to defend themselves and each other in a series of calculated ways that draw on everyone’s strengths. Nya for example enjoys chasing snakes and we benefit from it. There are countless examples of that here. Syka draws strays, Pulren, but strong strays. Almost everyone here has a gnosis mark of some sort and a surprising amount of them have multiples. Buraga Shamzen for example wandered off The Veronica a few seasons ago. He’s twice marked by Priskil and a refugee from Denval, which was the origin of the Djed Storm. He’s an amazing swordsman and an expert in security. He’s organizing a sort of guard situation for Syka and was the one that turned Nya onto her job ridding the settlement of aggressive or potentially dangerous serpents. He’ll want to talk to you for sure…. Maybe you and he could work on something if you are used to such things – guarding cities. It’s harder here though, I’ll warn you, because with everyone having lots of land, we are all spread out.” Mathias said, taking a moment to describe Buraga to Pulren and giving him a general idea of where he lived.

Then he answered Pulren’s second question. “We have a saw mill almost ready for completion. If we supply it with hardwoods from the jungle, we’ll have more things built faster and can stop making so many trips with The Veronica. As is we are exporting as much as we are importing because there’s a demand for some of the things James can ship quickly. But hes getting tired too. So we can’t sustain the pace we’ve been keeping for the sake of Settlement growth. We really need a blacksmith here. We can’t do much without a blacksmith though. So, until we get one we will have to import fasteners like nails, hinges, etc. We use a lot of local wood in building, but there’s other things we need too like tiles, paints, and plasters we so far can’t make here.” The older Founder said, looking thoughtful. “We got lucky with the healer. That’s going to save a lot of lives, especially since he teaches too. The same way with the animal healer that is here. She’s already made a difference.” Mathias admitted, looking thoughtful.

“I don’t take any offense at honest questions. Its good you are thinking of these things. So many come here and give it little or no thought. From what I’ve seen though, our worst vulnerability is raids from ships off the Suvan. The Jungle takes care of its own as long as you pay attention and learn its quirks to stay out of the way of some of the worst it has to offer.” The Founder said with a chuckle.

They talked for a bit longer until Mathias gently roused Nya with a nudge of his to3. The Kelvic stretched, sat up, and looked around. She offered smiles to both men, climbed to her feet, and shook her head. “You shouldn’t have let me nap. This porch… I swear…. You have some sort of napping spell on it.” The Kelvic said, stretching her arms up, arching her back, and cracking it. Then she fetched up her packages of meat, and nodded to Mathias.

“We’re headed over to Randal’s place. I should be out of meat by then if Indigo is there.” Nya was right. There wasn’t much meat left. She gave Mathias a quick rub with her chin on his shoulder and then she was off, moving just slow enough for Pulren to follow.

Randal lived the next bungalow over from Mathias, but well back in the jungle away from the beach. Nya took a narrow trail up into the low jungle hills. It was a packed dirt trail with lots of boot prints coming and going as if it had been well used. It looked like at least once it had been lined with sand, but the travel and foot traffic had worn the sand away.

The path lead upwards until it broke into a grove of thick trees bigger around than any they’d seen so far. Perched between two, built up into the trees themselves, was a huge bungalow that looked to be open aired all the way around. Nya circled the tree and they came to a long winding staircase that lead up the side of the trees.

When she broke out into the stand of timber, a man stepped out on one of the porches above and looked over. A greeting was called down to Nya and she paused and lifted a hand to wave. Then, a few furious movements up the stairway and they had joined him on the ‘porch’ that overlooked an incredible jungle view.

Nya handed Randal the meat she had left in her hands and gestured to Pulren. “Pulren this is Randal. He’s really good at survival. He’s also the one to talk to if you want a house of some sort or a bungalow built. I thought you should meet him in case you wanted help.” Nya added, stepping back and giving Pulren and Randal a chance to talk.

Randal offered Pulren his hand and said quietly “I’ts very nice to meet you, Pulren. Welcome to Syka. Were you really interested in building?” The man asked, curious as well.

Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Landfall (Nya Winters)

Postby Pulren Marsh on December 16th, 2017, 5:18 am

Pulren Marsh
Your Favorite Uncle

Pulren had a lot to think about, both with the community improvements and the security issues of the settlement. Mathias was right. After all, he had founded the settlement and lived here for a long time, but Pulren felt that it could be much more than it was. He had a vision, one that was growing all the time with each new face and new place. Speaking of visions, he smiled as Nya rose from her resting place and stretched. he shook the founder's hand, giving him a look of understanding and respect as he trailed off to follow the Kelvic.

Pulren could tell that she was being cautious and careful on trails that she could surely run with her eyes closed. He had enough experience with being active that the run wasn't winding him at all and he was enjoying it. he could actually think about the humor in the situation. Normally, thoughts gave way soon after endurance. They were soon pushing up into a trail into the hills that skirted the base of the jungle, beginning to disappear into the green majesty, Pulren started to realize the scale of the jungle and he wasn't even really in it yet.

Soon they were at a stand of trees that were simply massive. Pulren imagined how much good use could come to the settlement if there was ever a way to process trees of this size. As his eyesight followed the massive size of them, he noticed a structure built between two of them, reminiscent of the mercantile, but much more customized. he looked over at Nya who was waving at a muscular man up on one of the porches of the building. Following her further, he found an elaborate winding staircase that was built along the trees. He marveled at the design while they hustled up to the very top.

Once there, the man approached them and she passed the rest of her meat to him. It was clear why he was muscular from a distance. This guy was ripped. he thought the Akalak themselves might be appreciative of the man's form. Nodding in greeting to Randal, he smiled and took his hand, returning a strong grip before standing back. "Well, I am interested in having my own home. Mathias mentioned having a claim of land here and I'll be the first to admit, I lack in the basic skills most of you have. While I am interested in learning about survival and construction, I've spent many years in inns and purchased homes as a mercenary."

" This home here is very impressive. Your tactical advantage is superior. that is something I can appreciate." Pointing out to the staircase, he nodded and continued, "That alone proves your mastery in the art of home building." leaning back against the sturdy railing, he laughed. "Enough of that, though. I would like to see if there was anything to rent or purchase here while I get to know the lay of the land. I could certainly use training in survival skills. I can offer my health, knowledge and what training I do have, though I believe a lot of that is going to be discussed with Buraga in a bit. "

As an afterthought, he remembered, "Oh, I am going to be assisting with the Mercantile project. I got an amazing item from Juli Chaliva and am paying her back in labor, so I imagine we will see each other there for sure." Pulren did his best after that to take a breath and shut up for a moment.
A Naia Template

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Landfall (Nya Winters)

Postby Nya Winters on December 23rd, 2017, 5:02 pm

Randal nodded gesturing for Pulren to take a seat at one of the comfortable reclined chairs piled with pillows overlooking the jungle. The Founder took one beside Pulren, after he’d selected his seat, so they could talk comfortably. He set the packet of meat on the table next to them and left Nya to her own devices. She was obviously comfortable visiting and took a third chair, tucking her legs up under her as she relaxed and let the newcomer speak.

“I can definitely put you on the to-be-built list for sure. We have several people waiting for their own homes and honestly, the more people we get to help build those buildings the faster we get the list done. So if you are interested in getting a home built we can do that, but I urge you to show up to assist in the building of other things because the more labor we have the more buildings we get put up. Frankly, I could use about six more carpenters at the moment.” Randal admitted, laughing slightly.

“I shouldn’t even be home today, but the sawmill took a day off due to several of their workers having a cough, so we can’t get more lumber for a day or two as it stands. For your project, you just need to decide on what type and what style. We like half down so we can purchase the lumber outright. And we like you to have a design sketch ready. I can probably start at the beginning of next season, but not before then. I do warn everyone that if we get certain types of requests in Syka, such as a blacksmith, a forge would be moved to the top of the list just so you understand that going in. The same goes for anything else important. We bumped several homes to put in The Pancea last season first. Healers are important. And several people, like Nya, have been content to just live in tents or out in the open.” Randal admitted, smiling at the Kelvic for a moment before he continued.

“I can’t remember where your claim is unless you haven’t made one yet – you must have taken that issue up with Mathias or James – but if you want something over the water, that takes a bit more time too. We like to get the pillions in place and out of stone rather than lumber so they don’t rot.” He added, mentally ticking off points in his head sure he’d covered everything. “Yes, so make a claim if you haven’t already, decide on a design, just let me know where and what and I’ll put you on the list, and if it’s a shop or business we can give you priority too. We’re thinking of starting a project down by the commons for artisans to put in shops… workshops and little retail places for sailors that drop by. Especially the Svefra. What do you think?” He said, looking interested in Pulren’s plans if indeed the gentleman had any.

Nya pipped in at that point. “I don’t think he’s made a claim yet, but I’m giving him a tour around meeting people. I’ll show him the bungalows and ranchos you rent out when we go by. In case he wants to stay there. Maybe he’ll see someplace he likes and know where he wants to put a claim too.” Nya said, helpfully and almost lazily as she was basking in the speckled sun reflected through Randal’s trees.

Randal nodded. “Yea… Nya knows the prices of the rentals. Have her show you and if you want to pick something just leave your stuff in one that’s empty and let me know the number on the door.” He added, smiling at Pulren..

“I’m glad you are helping with the Mercantile Expansion. James doesn’t have time and Juli’s been after him about it forever. If she’s got your help, then she’s going forward with it without him. Good girl. She must have bribed you well. The things other people think are amazing are sometimes fairly common place here. Make sure she’s not just luring you in with something she has twenty of….” He said with a chuckle then. “That also means I have to work her project in on my list. I’m glad I have a heads up.” He said thoughtfully and frowned.

“I should go talk to her about how extensive of a ‘project’ she has in mind. You two should continue your tour. Sounds like you want to see Bura anyhow.” Randal said, grabbing a shirt and tossing it on as he was already headed down the stairway.

Nya rose, stretched and nodded. “We are out of meat, but I’ll take you to see Buraga, and then the rentals.” She assured him… hitting Randal’s stairs at a brisk trot and heading down towards the beach again and then south. Before long they’d both come to a large tent with a man who was outside smoking. There was a fire, several chairs, a table, and a rather large bowl of fruit.

Nya wrinkled her nose and kept her distance. She didn’t like the pipe smell at all, even though Buraga himself nodded a welcome. “I was just about ready to throw a fish or two on the grill for lunch. Would you like to join me?” He said, nodding to Nya, then raising an eyebrow at Pulren.

“Buraga, this is Pulren. He’s new. He wanted to meet you and speak to you. I’m not sure why.” Nya said, wondering herself. Pulren was just off the boat and literally hadn’t even unpacked his things. What he could want with the security chief before even finding housing was beyond her. But she took Buraga’s offer up and instead of going towards the fish, seeing that there wasn’t much of it in her mind… she selected several fruits from his stash on a small table outside his tent and settled into the soft sand to snack o them while the men talked.

Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Landfall (Nya Winters)

Postby Nya Winters on January 21st, 2018, 5:53 am

Grading

Nya

Experience: Hunting +1, Cooking + 1, Leatherworking +1, Interrogation +1, Observation +5, Socialization +5, Hostessing +5, Teaching +5

I didn't take any Pulren Lores which was all this thread was full of.

Pulren – I can’t believe I wasted this much time on a thread with you…. you piece of shit.
If you come back, get someone else to grade this waste of time for you.

Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes