Not my problem

(Asterope, please!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Not my problem

Postby Wikus on December 25th, 2017, 5:08 pm

33rd Winter, 517

break“... you wouldn't know honor even if it hit you in the face.”

breakWikus scoffed, unaffected by the attempted insult. For a seasoned veteran like himself, words like honor and pride meant less than the dirt beneath his nails. Returning the borrowed tankard of ale to the counter, which the owner did not seem to wish back, the bearded male kept his eyes and scowl towards the wet Drykas nearby. This was one of the rare ocassions in which Wikus stood tall and proud, challenging and even intimidating, eager to send a message to those he would've treated like brothers in the past.
break“Why don't you go on and take your honor back to the Sea of Grass, huh? Go back to blowing horses like you do,” he'd tell them in Pavi, the native language he had barely used in almost ten years.
break“You speak of our striders with such lack of respect I would've doubted you were a Drykas. Tell me; do those windmarks of yours have any meaning or are they just ink?” replied the other male, who still tried to wipe off the ale off his hairs. Just like his companion, he seemed determined to remain as calm as possible.
break“Watch your mouth, boy,” jumped Wikus, livid. His own tattoos gained life, waving on his flesh as if blown by a light breeze – something he made sure was seen by opening up his coat and shirt. “Few are the warriors that are as accomplished as I am. You'd do well to bow your head in my presence.”
break“Such a big warrior you are, and yet here you stand with no strider and with a collar around your neck. Your only accomplishment is having a big mouth.”

breakInstinctively, Wikus took his arms out as he tried to reach for the males. The stool that stood between him and the pair dragged on the wooden floor with loudness, the sound acting as bell for the incoming brawl, and immediately causing the patrons to intervene. Two pairs of arms wrapped around Wikus, which had been unable to capture the hairs of the dark-haired Drykas like he wanted to. The two males were held back too, for they too had exhausted their patience with the foul-smelling slave. Clenching his teeth, Wikus still tried to wiggle out of the patrons' hold.
break“Damned Sapphires. I'll find you and I'll make you eat your petching horses!”
break“What did you say!?”
break“You heard me, you filthy horse-lover!”
break“The Webs should've taken you, damned traitor!”

breakWikus, unable to do much more, attacked in the only way possible; he spat at them. The gesture seemed to be most effective, for both Drykas gained a surge of strength, yet only one of them managing to break free from the patron's hold. Even when one or two of those seeking to avoid the brawl were in the way, the Drykas's fist managed to find an opening or two, striking a defenseless Wikus who took the glancing blows. Although not painful for the body, they were painful for the soul. His feet came out, kicking pretty much anything in his reach. Yells and shouts of either protest or joy came out from the crowds gathered in the tavern, which reflected the obvious division between those that wanted a brawl and those that didn't. The situation was resolved quite easily; both parties were dragged out on the streets, where they could do as they please.

breakSuffice to say, things did not quiet down once the pair of Drykas were left alone with the exile. Wikus, as temperamental as he was, attacked first, managing to get a quick punch safely lodged into the stomach of the wet Drykas. The leather armor absorbed most of the damage, but the male was left breathless nonetheless. Meanwhile, the second Drykas wrapped his arms around Wikus' bodice, and with a sneaky foot and a yank, he tripped the exile onto the ground. It was followed with a few kicks to a defenseless Wikus, who curled up in a ball, protecting himself as much as he could. In moments like these, he missed his whip.

breakSeconds later, the second Drykas joined in on the beating.

Thanks to Gossamer for this amazing template!
Wikus
It burns when I pee!

Words: 377704
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2015, 9:48 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)

Not my problem

Postby Asterope on January 6th, 2018, 2:39 pm

Crowds were not an unusual sight in Alvadas; there were often illusions, performances, and market stalls scattering the streets that drew the attention of passerby's. To see one as she was walking down the street, hands stuffed in the pockets of her cloak, was hardly strange. Aster peeked curiously at the half-ring of people that had formed outside one of the buildings as she got closer. Those gathered were keeping a respectable distance from whatever was going on.

As she approached, heavy cloak swirling around her ankles, she could make out angry, raised voices. It took her a moment to recognize the language, but finally it clicked that it was in fact Pavi; and the words being spat were most definitely not friendly from what she could make out.

Frowning, Aster hurried her steps. She didn't have to push much to make her way through the sparse line of onlookers, most making space for the ethereal creature with purpose in her step. The spectacle was a fight, which Aster supposed wasn't too surprising given the choice words still being shouted. Though at the moment it seemed much less of a fight and more of one poor soul getting the shite kicked out of them.

She could make out the figure of a man curled in on himself on the ground, the two surrounding him kicking and spitting curses in Pavi. Anger flared in Aster, hot in her chest; she had no idea what had started the fight, but the merciless beating that was happening was not one she could condone.

"Enough!" The men glanced up at her, one of them pausing while the other continued to kick. "Stop," she said harshly in Pavi, her fingers clumsily signing the same word. Perhaps surprised that she knew their language, the other Drykas finally stopped as well, and the two stared at her.

One of them spoke to her in Pavi, his hands moving sharply, his words too quick for Aster to catch any of what he said. The other chimed in, and this time she got the gist of what they were saying; 'why'?

"Bad," she frowned, struggling to find the right words. Her fingers tapped over each other as she wracked her brain before signing the word 'wrong', followed slowly by 'shame'. The men seemed slightly baffled, unsure what to do with the otherworldly figure that had interrupted the fight only to chastise them in clumsy Pavi.

Taking advantage of the moment, Aster stepped forward, pushing past the men to crouch by the man's side. Her face gentled from its stern expression, taking on one of concern as she rested a hand carefully on the man's shoulder.
"Are you okay?" She hesitated, unsure if he also spoke Pavi.

"Good?" She asked, putting a harder inflection on the word to make it clear it was a question, unable to think of other words to ask what she wanted to; her fingers slowly signed the word for 'hurt', and her head tilted to the side to indicate the inquisitive nature of the word. Behind her, the crowd had slowly begun to dissipate, and the men had taken a few steps back, seeming to have given up.

"Common" | "Nari" | "Pavi" | Thoughts
"Other People's Speech"

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)

Not my problem

Postby Asterope on March 11th, 2019, 9:45 am

The Sun Has Risen

And so have your grades!

Wikus

Notes
If you return, PM me for your grades!

Asterope

Skills
✧Observation +1
✧Intimidation +1

Lores
✧Alvadas: Crowds are common
✧Intimidation: Chastising grown men

Thank you for your patience! As always, please edit or delete your request in the grading queue; and if you have any questions or concerns about your grades, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me!

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)