Lost in the World of Man (Hatter pls)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Arianni D'Sorn on November 8th, 2010, 7:36 am

Arianni's eyes widened in shock at Braga's words, the woman's matter-of-fact tone making it even more appalling to the Konti's sensibilities. Humans would do that? Have they no regard for life and the sanctity of the body? Coming from a sheltered community and a culture that cultivated respect and love for all life, especially because the goddess Rak'keli walked among her people, the young woman was horrified that such barbarism existed outside her island home of Mura. Arianni wrapped her coat even more closely around her, feeling the onset of shivers as she imagined her barely avoided fate. It was very clear to her now how indebted she was to this stately woman before her. The subtle hints dropped by the woman in her words clued her into this as well.

She felt that Braga would not let her walk out of her life just like that. Not for free. Not someone who was as "highly prized" as her, as the woman had said. Arianni swallowed nervously, suddenly losing her appetite.

"Will...will you, ah, entertain these hu-...these people when they ask about me?" She almost slipped again, forgetting that Braga was not Konti like her, so well did the woman speak her language. "I-I hope that you would not. I would ask for your help. Like I said, I-I have coin to pay for it, and for-for your hospitality..."

Arianni knew the woman did not need coin, not the amount she had. It was probably a mere pittance to her, and perhaps just a small fraction of what she could gain if she sold her off to these interested parties she mentioned. She had to try at least, but it seemed futile to play the game any longer.

"Unless...unless you have another form of-of p-p-payment in mind..." she said in a small voice as she bowed her head. The line was leading but she knew Braga would pick up on it easily.
Arianni D'Sorn
Eye of the Void

Words: 49757
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 12:36 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mastermind on December 10th, 2010, 1:56 am

Braga's eyes and mouth continued to hold their unconcerned look, a twinkle in the former and a slight smile splayed across the latter. "Entertain? Mmm. Certainly, though not in the manner of which you are thinking," she said, her smile growing almost imperceptibly. "I shall entertain them similarly to how I entertained that group of men that followed you into my establishment." The smirking whore shifted on the couch and placed a hand softly on Arianni's upper thigh, squeezing seductively for just a moment. "Don't you worry, my dear Arya. I am most certainly inclined to help you in your plight." Then, with another graceful shift, the hand was gone, returned to Braga's own thigh as she leaned back away from her Konti guest.

"Payment? I am certain an opportunity will present itself in which you can repay my generosity. Yes, I am certain indeed." She waved a hand dismissively. "But where are my manners? Mmm? All this talk of hospitality and payment. That can come later. You are my guest, darling, and you must be cold and tired. I have a clean warm bed with your name on it."

"Stannis will show you to your room, my dear, and we will chat later. Yes?" The door opened, the heavily muscled Stannis standing at the threshold, one arm keeping the door open, the other gesturing for the Konti to follow him out of the room. It was almost as if he had been listening in on their conversation.
Mastermind
Sunberth AS

Words: 19833
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2010, 12:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Arianni D'Sorn on December 21st, 2010, 1:04 pm

Arianni turned towards the door where Braga's manservant patiently waited for her. She was clearly being dismissed, however politely the owner of the brothel spoke her last words. At least she wasn't to be thrown out into the streets. With another word of thanks to her hostess, the Konti stood up and, hugging her knapsack close to her chest, meekly followed Stannis to her room.

It was small, square chamber surrounded by wooden walls on all three sides. Braga obviously didn't want anyone breaking into her guest's sleeping quarters through such easily exploitable entrances as windows. Despite this fact, the room was not stuff, as ventilation slits were set high on the walls that brought in cool fresh air from the outside. A single bunk bed was set on the far wall and in the middle of the room was a table only large enough to accommodate two for a meal. A washbasin filled with clear water sat atop it, a clean dry towel and a candelabra right beside it. Below, an unremarkable rug ensured that the legs of the table and the chairs did not make much noise when they were being moved about.

The Konti placed her pack on one of the chairs as Stannis closed the door behind her. Silently, she wondered if she was going to be a prisoner in this small corner of the whorehouse. She half-feared that the human woman had only been playing with her and that a client would come a-knocking at any moment.

...you know you have ways to leave this place... the voice in her head whispered. ...there is so much to see on the other side...

Arianni didn't want to listen to it, but in the ensuing silence, she knew it would be her constant companion for the duration of her stay in the city of Sunberth.
Arianni D'Sorn
Eye of the Void

Words: 49757
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 12:36 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mastermind on December 22nd, 2010, 10:15 am

AWARDS

Arianni

Skills