Skins n Things

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

Skins n Things

Postby Wymez on January 28th, 2018, 3:10 pm

Skins n Things
      Type: Goods & Services
Concept:
    Situated between Garthos Supply and the Threaded Hide, Skins n Things provides basic leather goods and pelts as well as tanning and repair services. Custom orders and dyed items are also available.

The large wine-red pavillion is fronted by two simple tables draped in furs, upon which various types and sizes of packs and bags are neatly displayed. More furs and pelts are piled within two large, open baskets that sit before each table, a few choice pieces intentionally spilling out over the rims to draw the eye. Old zibri pelts cover the ground and red and ochre-coloured tapestries serve as partitions and walls to shape the front-half of the open-air 'shop'. A set of shelves sit against this wall of cloth, mirroring the tables, and hold various goods and footwear. More skins, furs and long strips of leather and leashes hang from rope strewn along the sides of the pavillion.

The rear-half of the pavillion is stark in comparison, lacking decoration, and serves as a work shop. It is here that goods are crafted, skins are tanned and repairs are made. Barrels rest along one side, ready for the tanning process, and a water trap rests just behind the pavillion to help keep the shop supplied with much needed fresh water. Another table sits opposite the barrels and acts as a workbench. Tanning and stretching racks frame the back edges of the pavillion along with scraping posts.

Due to the odoriferous nature of tanning, Hommos incense is kept burning on both side of the partition in a bid to combat the smells.

Items Sold:
      Furs and hides
        Common 1–5 gm/20lb
        Unusual 6–10 gm/20lb
        Rare 11–20 gm/20lb
      Leather goods
        Boots, low 6 sm Belt 4 sm
        Boots, high 1 gm Broadbelt/girdle 2 gm
        Boots, riding 2 gm Weapon harness 5 gm
        Sandals 4 sm Pouch, belt 1 gm
        Shoes 6 sm Backpack 2 gm
        Gloves 1 gm Rucksack 1 gm
        Leash, small 5 sm Yvas pack 5 gm
        Leash, medium 1 gm Yvas bags, small 4 gm
        Leash, large 2 gm Yvas bags, large 8 gm
        Archery glove 1 gm Riding quiver, small 25 gm
        Quiver 20 gm Riding quiver, large 32 gm

Services Offered:
      Tanning* 1–5 gm/20lb
      Repairs TBD
      Custom goods TBD
      *Common items only due to competency; average quality

Financial Details:
      Base Income Leatherworker: 5gm/day
      Skill Bonus None (L1)
      Sales Bonus -15%*
      Total Income 4gm/day (rounded down from 4gm 2sm 5cm)
      *Negative due to similar businesses already existing in Endrykas (The Threaded Hide and The Spitfire). I defer to your better judgement and welcome your thoughts and input.

Assets:
      Tent, Pavillion 50 gm
      Leather, common, garment grade 3 sm/pound
      Leather, common, armor grade 1 gm/pound
      Rugs and tapestries, common¹ 1–5 gm/5-15lb
      Furs and hides, common¹ 1–5 gm/20lb
      Shelf Set, average 5 sm
      Table, average x3 3 gm
      Rope, 50ft 1 gm
      Basket, large, square x2 6 sm
      Water trap 45 gm
      Barrel, 36gal x3 6 gm
      Toolkit, leatherworkers² 70 gm
      Toolkit, cobblers 30 gm
      Sewing kit 18 gm
      Hommos incense x2*6 bunches of flowers 1 sm
      Cart, 3 person³ 15 gm
      Cart harness³ 2 gm
      Zibri, cow³ 15 gm
      Starting inventory of goods 155 gm
      Debt ~435 gm
      Debt to be paid off by Spring 518*
    ¹ Decorative
    ² Character currently owns this - do I double up or not?
    ³ To transport goods. Zibri price found here
    * Once I complete my job threads

OOC I have plans to add armor and barding but withheld those items for the time being. I'll add them if you think it is appropriate. I was also considering offering a discount to members of The Watch. Feedback and constructive criticism is very much welcomed! Thanks for your time.
x
Wymez
salt & earth

Words: 41837
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2017, 6:25 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)