Open A Late Winter?

One of Morwen's Own arrives in Sunberth

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

A Late Winter?

Postby Chetha Iceglaze on February 17th, 2018, 7:42 pm

The Edge of Sunberth
65th, Winter 517 AV

Chetha's lungs ached as she ran, the everpresent battleaxe at her hip, slapped against herthigh as she ran flat out, legs churning trying to reach the relative safety of the buidings ahead of her. She had been wandering these flat lands, bow at the ready, seeking prey to make a meal beforeshe enteredthe city. As it was the short bow had been discarded when she fell on it, having been surprised by a bear, another bear, well a nonsentient one. twas brown and grizzled. It had eared to an eight foot height, normally not a challenge to the young Kelvicthe bearsof the polar North could grow to ten feet tall. But coming upon this one in even the tail end of Winter had shocked her, even more because the senses of her human form had failed to warn her. As a bear she would have known.

Even still that a bear was active at this time of year was unusual to say the least. Even as a bear, she herself was a bit more lethargic given the time of year, thus she had been hunting as a human.

The bear slowed it's charge and started to swerve away as she gained the edge f the City, she stood panting at the mouth of a street that hadn't been therefive steps ago, turning to face the bear and watch it depart. it must be very desperate to come so close to a settlement. After standing for several minutes with her hands on her knees, watching the retreating frm of the male bear, she straightened and took her bearings.

This place had to be her destination. The City was too large to be any other and with it's lack of a wall and the scent of fire and flames in the distance it must be Sunberth. She sighed heavily.

She was here. In the city she had been sent by her superiors in the Icewatch. She wasn't totally sure why, only that it must be some service to Morwen. There had been other words used, like unpredictable, stubborn, uncontrollable and 'loose cannon'. She hadn't really paid attention to that part. That had been abot her. Towards the end she had been told to go with Morwen, to show whatthe Winter Queen and her servants represented.

Chetha was unsure whya pair of Icewatch bodmates ad not been sent, they were probably better equipped, she was only eighteen month old, hardly experienced but enthusiastic nonetheless.

As she walked along the road, she drew a sheaf of papers from her belt which was a part of her harness. It contained instructions. Someone od the Icewatch had made ahead of time. There was a small house waiting for her and a couple of contacts for work. She frowned, all the titles and descriptions sounded vaguely criminal. She was not certain she was comfortable with this. Tucking the papers away she went in search of the house.
Last edited by Chetha Iceglaze on February 21st, 2018, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chetha Iceglaze
Player

Words: 11714
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2018, 9:42 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Late Winter?

Postby Dresden Muireach on February 20th, 2018, 4:38 pm

Nothing.
Dresden saw, could think of, could do nothing as sat lazily on the dirt covered ground. Sunberth was supposed to be fun for him. Entertaining with its unique madness and inherent risks and rewards, but today was just bland and lifeless putting a halt to his niche way of life. As yet another chime passed with him sitting down doing nothing he decided to go snooping around for a while, look for something to do and he was met with failure in the form of uninterested work men telling him to bugger off back to whatever filth ridden crevice he crawled out of.

"Of all the people for this to happen to..."

He said to himself as he once more found a spot on the ground and literally let himself collapse on the floor. He was used to working himself for as many bells as he could and ignoring his appetite, which now with nothing to distract him was flaring up. Dresden let out a disgruntled moan and tried to ignore the pang of hunger which now struck him. He stood up and tapped his foot on the ground an bit down gently on his cheek in an attempt to ward off the terrible sensation. He counted in his head how many people had passed by him, he even went as far as to hum a made up tune but as much as he wanted to none of this was a good enough distraction to ignore what his body was so eager to tell him.

Wait. He thought as he looked up and ahead of him, it was wouldn't of been something of concern had he not yearned for a distraction. He had noticed one or two people giving a weary glance towards someone, a newcomer. Maybe a meet and greet with a stranger could do just that. A good chance to feed his slightly over the top curiosity.

The brunette was an interesting sight in the city. You didn't see someone who carried a rather reliable looking weapon like her unless they were in a gang and even then they tended to look more grizzled than she did... older most of the time too. She was well built though and there wasn't any denying that.

He smirked and waited until the girl had passed her. He decided to be a little playful and try to spook her or at least get a somewhat interesting reaction from her. Lifting himself from the ground he started to jog up to her as quietly as he could, he wasn't too loud but his foot steps were certainly audible. Once he got close enough he tapped her right shoulder gently having to stretch his arms in order to reach.

"Hiya!"

He said out loud, a smirk still upon his face. Finally at last something to do in this shytehole! even if it was just annoying a stranger who may or may not end up bludgeoning him. Not like it would be the first time something like that happened.
Dresden Muireach
Little one eye

Words: 17615
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2017, 10:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Late Winter?

Postby Chetha Iceglaze on February 21st, 2018, 3:31 am

The Edge of Sunberth
65th, Winter 517 AV

As Chetha slowly advanced into the City, she felt a tap on her shoulder, from behind. Once, then again, then a chipper, "Hiya!"

She wasn't sure, and whirled, one could not be too careful in a pace with a reputation like Sunberth's. The well worn Battleaxe was halfway from her harness and there was a hint of light dancing over her skin as she came to regard the slight person behind her. The expression was mischevious and someehat startled until she realized she had grabbed his wrist as she turned and was now holding it firmly in her hand. He was posessed of a wiry strength but was not as solidly constructed as say she, but sufficiently that she had the expression he could do a day's work. "Sorry. Hello to you." She began.

Her eyes were a deep brown, while her skin was a golden tan. Her clothing, interesting was stark white, from fabrica to the fur linings, thoug the fur was not overly thick. Oddly she carried what appeared to be an intentionally half empty backpack. It appeared clear she must be coming to pick up provisions or to retrieve some sort of elivery. She had the rough speech of the North. That must be her home, Dresden might reason. She bent to pick up a shief of papers she had dropped when she had been startled, allowing the axe to settle comfortablyat her hip once more, "I'm Chetha, are you the Hold welcoming committee?" She asked, blithely, unaware she was using very wrongheaded terminology here.

When she beny he might notice that she had a quiver of arrows sticking out the top of her pack, but didn't seem to be carrying a bow, wether strung or unstrung.
Chetha Iceglaze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Late Winter?

Postby Dresden Muireach on February 21st, 2018, 9:11 pm

His devious smirk quickly changed into a nervous smile after she quickly whirled around to face him. It may have not been the best decision to give this person a spook if they were not only larger than you but appear to be somewhat stronger than you. He almost locked up completely when he felt a tight grip on his wrist and though he couldn't see it he most definitely could imagine that axe she had putting a swift end to him.

His expression quickly changed to one of surprise when he heard her give him an apology. He responded with a quiet chuckle and spoke up almost immediately changing back to his previously more relaxed state. "Nah, it's fine. Happens more often than you'd think." He responded letting his hands hang by his sides.

Dresden had to look up at her in order to view her face properly due to the height difference. His blue eyes were a stark contrast to her own brown eyes, even more so with his blind eye and it's milky colouration. Their hair was somewhat similar but their skin colour and clothing were another contrasting factor. Her skin was more tanned than his and she actually wore non shredded clothing. Furthermore her clothing was coloured white and had a decent amount of fur on it, she also had an accent to her. It didn't take him too much effort to figure out she was from the north, he couldn't pick out a certain place or city though his knowledge didn't extend that far.

He tilted his head at what she said next "Welcoming committee? I don't know what that is, but the name is Dresden," Dresden wasn't familiar with the terminology she was using in the slightest "Sorry 'bout the papers, by the way."

He spotted the quiver when she bent over, it was odd to have a quiver and arrows but no bow. He piked his interest, so he decided to ask her about it "Hey see that quiver? do you actually have a bow or do you just carry around it around for the fun of it."
Dresden Muireach
Little one eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Late Winter?

Postby Chetha Iceglaze on February 22nd, 2018, 12:41 am

"Dresden?" She rolled the name around in her mouth, a troubled expression coming accross her features. "Dresden No-name?" it sounded foreign to her, everyone had a name, a hold name, a name their parents gave them by virtue of where they were from. Was lif so different here in the south? That one came from no where or did not want to be identified by their home? It seemed fishy to her. And usually fish were pretty disapointing if not repulsive.

Why eat a fish when there was warm meat or at least meat that had been warm? She shrugged to herself as she busied herself rearranging the sheaf of papers. She scanned them quickly. "No harm, theyare all here, and the street is dry anyway."

She blinked when he brought up the quiver. "I have a bow of course... it's just a little um... lost and broken..." She frowned. "There was a bear that chased me. i fell and dropped it."

It was clear in this statement that as strong as she might be, and as tall, she was not very old. In confessing her loss she in fact seemed like a shy, small child. She hitched her pack up on her back further, adjusting the straps of the white backpack over her snow-white clothing. As she shifted there was a flash of bright crimson in the momentary gap between the waistband of her pants and the lower edge of her shirt.

"Clearly I'm new in Sunberth... you? " She asked, hooking her thubs in the harness that held her battleaxe.
Chetha Iceglaze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Late Winter?

Postby Dresden Muireach on February 22nd, 2018, 6:46 pm

He raised an eyebrow and cocked his head to one side "No name... never been called that before," he said confused. He'd not known his second name was so... important? "If you're talking about my second name, it's Muireach nothing too fancy. Or hard to say, least i think it's simple." He finished with another one of his underwhelming chuckles.

Strangers were well. Strange, but he couldn't say he met someone he had an issue with the fact he didn't give them their second name. Why be bothered by names? they were worth nothing to most if not all people in Sunberth, and those who are more well known tend to be more either on a hit list or someone you just didn't want to meet at all. Either way he didn't get it.

"That sounds like fun, must've been exciting. Can't say i have ever had an encounter with a bear myself though."

He smiled at how she replied, he was used to people trying to act tough and grim so seeing how shyly she reacted was rather humorous, pleasant even. Quite different from how he saw her initially. It tugged at his curiosity even further. He wanted to know more about Chetha, he couldn't help it.

He stretched his arms into the air and yawned before replying "I've been here since birth, Sunberth is my home. Where are you from?"
Dresden Muireach
Little one eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Late Winter?

Postby Chetha Iceglaze on February 23rd, 2018, 4:09 am

She chuckled softly, "I assure you, it was more hair raising. Bears are just plain nasty when they should properly be asleep." She shook her head, "Winter never came here."

She wasn't happy about that face and that unhappiness was etched accross her features. Morwen had not come, the Vantha were being hunted, was this a war on the Winter? Chetha was disturbed at this prospect and wanted reassurances from home. "Avanthal," She stated. "Far North of here, home of The Winter Queen." There wasa hint of pride in her voice as she identified her place of birth. "Specifically Iceglaze Hold. We are builders. And hence my name..." She smiled gently.

"You seem proud of your city. honestly I know little of it. What things should I know?" This seemed an opportune time to ask such a question. His telling might also give her some insight into Dresden himself. Things that were important to someone could tell much about them if one paid attention.
Chetha Iceglaze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Late Winter?

Postby Dresden Muireach on February 23rd, 2018, 8:28 pm

He nodded, it would seem like she had plans for Sunberth. Whether brief or not he couldn't tell but she was certainly here to do something, no one comes to Sunberth for the hell of it. Why else would she want to know about this place. Why else would she even visit?

"If information is what you want i can provide a decent amount. First of all there are places you really shouldn't... start trouble in," He said in a voice that was still friendly but much more serious. So far he liked this person, that meant he would prefer to have them stay for a while. He would also prefer for them to stay alive whilst they were here "Avoid anywhere that belongs to any of the gangs. Unless you end up working with them of course, i don't judge people who do work with them i just tend to avoid them for my own safety."

He knew his way around Sunberth all too well, he occasionally found himself helping the odd person out with directions but everything he knew he felt was necessary. "I'd tell you to be careful but from how you reacted to me it seems like you'll be fine. As for places to go there's plenty, we have this massive fire somewhere outside of town people tend to gather round. i wouldn't suggest slavers row though." He paused for a moment after saying that, it would seem like he didn't like mentioning that certain place. In all honesty he sounded like he was frightened by mere mention of the place. "But yet again you aren't like me. They probably would see you as more of a customer or a hired muscle to guard the goods."

He shrugged his shoulders and after a moment of idleness spoke up once more "In short i'd say there is a lot to know, much more than i've said so far. You mentioned yer own home, Avanthal was it?" Dresden looked up at her his eyes filled with an almost childish glee, a small smile growing on his face. "I've never heard of it, what's it like?"
Dresden Muireach
Little one eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Late Winter?

Postby Chetha Iceglaze on February 28th, 2018, 6:03 am

Chetha nodded slowly, "Information." She repeated, shifting the pack on her back. "I've a mind to get the lay of the land here.... but it's a strange landscape... one of people not rocks trees and ice." She glanced around her suspiciously, asthough there might be danger around her at any point.

Before he could answer though he interrupted, "Do you often sneak up on strangers?"
Chetha Iceglaze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Late Winter?

Postby Dresden Muireach on February 28th, 2018, 3:45 pm

"Often? not really." He answered bluntly. "But it's not often someone wearing bright white and fur walks into Sunberth. I couldn't help myself." He had to admit it wasn't exactly the most smart or interesting way to introduce himself, but it was fine. Least he thought it was.

"I'll admit i could 'ave just said hello." He laughed a little and placed his hand behinds his back, clasping them together with a audible clap. "Least it was me sneaking up on you, could've been much worse."

He noticed she was looking around, she was being cautious. Nervous perhaps? Dresden decided to go ahead and ask her "So Chetha... you seem a bit... cautious. I'm guessing you've heard enough about this place from wherever you came to make you slightly paranoid." He decided to take a look around himself, turning on his heels in order to fully observe the nearby area, being half blind was a bit of a hassle in many ways having to move around much more to see his surrounds was only one of the various issues he faced because of it. "To be honest it's probably the way you should feel."
Dresden Muireach
Little one eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next