Solo Bitter Work (Job Thread)

Neras investigates the death of a couple of Sun Birth raiders.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Bitter Work (Job Thread)

Postby Neras Frostfawn on February 10th, 2018, 9:30 pm

Time Stamp: 17th of Winter, 517AV

Neras Frostfawn hated having to answer to Jaren Joander. The guy might be rich, but he was basically a bleeding arsehole. All Neras heard coming out of his mouth was blood covered shyte, and the Gaurdian could just stand there and smiled stupidity as he offered him a drink of water. The teenager thought to himself, 'Too good to share your fine booze with a grunt..typical.” The man poured a water from a crystal and slide the glass across the table to the criminal on the other side. Neras caught the glass in his hand before it spilled into his lap. He stayed silent. He knew that he was already on Jaren's shyte list for breaking the crystal vase on Kelski back. The half breed smirked to himself at the throw. It was a good throw, and he was amazed that the flower stayed in the container when it struck the kelvic slave. It only broke when it hit the wood floor. He should of cleaned it up, but petch Jaren. He shouldn't of had him do such a stupid task in the first place. He wasn't piercer, and he could give a damn if he wanted his pet jewel up. The only thing good about the who ordeal was meeting Kelski that kelvic was to sweet for Sunberth if she was going survive. She needed to adapt. He wished that he didn't have to do it, but he needed to not let her escape. If Jaren hadn't got all butt hurt over a small vase, he would be furious if his slave was running through the barracks trying to escape. He lucky that she didn't get to the common area.

Neras look into his glass, and he could tell the water wasn't purist pour for him. Looking at the crystal clear water behind him, he could tell that he was given water wasn't drinking water Looking at it, he swear that he saw a leaf and dirt sitting at the bottom of his glass. Neras set it down on the table and said with a smirk, “You took the water from one of your vases didn't you?”

Jaren gave him a clever grin and said with a shrug, “I figure Shanty Town trash like yourself would appreciate drinking from water that your kind is more...Lets just say...antiquated with..” Jaren picked up his glass of wine, took a sip from it, and said softly,“You should be grateful that I even offered you a refreshments. Normally, I would only drink and talk openly with people that I respect. You aren't one of them. You owe me for the vase and after the shenanigans your pulled with my pet Kelski.”

Neras looked at this pompous arse, and he was about to say something nasty or about locking the doors, but he was already in trouble with the marshal, so he had to watch his tongue. Sticking the tip of the finger in the glass, Neras responded with a nod, “I personally thought it was good throw, you didn't lose your slave, she is properly pierced, so the job was complete even if it wasn't flawless, but it got done.” Taking the finger out of the glasses, he dripped the dirty water on the table and continued, “I took my punishment, so in my mind we should be square, but if you want to hold a grudge over a vase than I can't do nothing about it.”

The rich man hand downed his drink and said trying to control his temper, “You realize that the creator of the vase is dead? I could have sold it for a small fortune.”

Neras looked at him and said with a shrug, “Than you should have bought two...Sir.”

If Jaren Joander could catch him on fire with his eyes, he would at this moment. He said simply and pouring himself another glass, “You are not of my world, Urchin, so you wouldn't understand my world.” The rich man downed another glass of wine, “Your presence in my apartment is taxing, Gaurdian, and I can only stand you for a few chimes at a time.”

Neras said deadpan, “It always a honor to be called to your apartment. It keeps reminding me of my place in the world compared to men well like yourself.”

Jaren stayed silent as he just watched Neras still swirling the water in the glass with his finger. The stuffy bastard said after a long moment of silence, “I have a job for you, Neras...”

Neras grin widened and said with sarcastic enthusiasm, “Oh I am quite honored, Marshal. Do you need me to drown puppies or find a pregnant cat and throw it into the slag heap? Because I am your man!”

Jaren started rubbing his head with both his hands and said, “Please shut up. You are giving me a head ache.”

Neras places two fingers over his month, sets them in his lap, and listen intently to the marshal.
Neras Frostfawn
The Delinquent

Words: 75172
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2018, 6:27 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Bitter Work (Job Thread)

Postby Neras Frostfawn on February 25th, 2018, 2:52 am

Jaren poured another drink, and he said simply, “I might not respect your personally Neras, but I have to admit that you are resourceful, and you saved me a lot of embarrassment with not allowing Kelski to run through the barracks.”

The delinquent was shocked at his compliment, so he stayed silent and listened to Jaren Joander this was business, so he just sat there with a professional look on his face. The marshal continued to speak, “I have been informed by other raiders that they found the two female recruits tortured and murdered. The first recruit wasn't anyone special like yourself. She was just another dirty urchin from the rubbish filled street in a Sunberth. Normally, I wouldn't get involved with trivial matters, but the second murder was a daughter of a benefactor. I don't have to tell you that it wasn't my decision to let her into the Dragoons, but if your father has enough money than you just agree to his demands. The other girl well. She wasn't showing much promise as a member for the Sun Birth, so maybe it was better for her demise, but my father told me that I needed to deal with it, so here we are Neras.”

Neras ignored the blatant jab at him, and the gang member sat back in his chair and looked at Jaren for a moment and asked, “Do you expect Daggerhand or any of the smaller gangs?”

Jaren pressed his lips together, shook his head, and said, “No...gang violence is pretty straight forward this was drawn and out the suffering took many days and the body was...quite mangled.” The marshal seemed quite disturbed, sat on his desk, and said simply, “Honestly, I think don't think it related to the other gangs, Neras.”

Even if he despised the man, Neras knew that he was given a important job, and if he can successfully complete it. He might be able to impress this brat's father. The rogue knew the commander mentioned that he didn't enjoy the site of blood, so he said to ease the image from his mind, “Commander. No need to tell me the details. Is the body in the dust yet?”

Jaren took another drink and said with a shake of his head, “No, we haven't told the benefactor about their about their daughter's death. I want the murder dealt with, so they would still have confidence in the organization.”

Neras took a deep breath and said with a nod, “You need to keep the Money happy. I understand, Commander. What was the victim name?”

Jaren looked him and said simply, “Her name was Daisy Frost. I think it was a alias just like your street name Jinx.” Looking at him, he said bluntly, “Honestly, I don't trust you enough to give you details into her father's name, but Darvin will be tailing you to make sure the job gets done. He will tell you the name of Frost's mother. She was nobody important. Just some kelvic whore owned by the Sun Birth. They were close, so she should give you details without blurting unnecessary secrets to a grunt like yourself.”

Neras ears perked up when Jaren said kelvic whore, and he wondered if the raider was a kelvic. He looked at Jaren and asked, “Was her daughter a kelvic like her mother and Kelski?”

Jaren shook his head and said, “We have taken precautions, like Kelski, for our kelvics not to be able to shift on their own into their animal form. All I know. Daisy was born a human, and her father took a liking to her mother. She got pregnant, and she gave up her daughter to her father the benefactor. I know that her father allowed her to meet her mother. I don't know the extent of the relationship, and I could care less either way.” Downing his drink, Jaren continued, “Any other questions ask Darvin since he been petching the little whore for the last year.”

Neras looked at his commander and knew that it was pointless to press more questions out of the man. He seemed to be tired of their conversation, and he was too since he kept picturing smashing the glass over his head for the last five chimes. However, he will have to press Darvin for the information since he seemed to know Daisy Frost's mother, but he was curious about the other raider. The forgotten street kid that lost her life because she wasn't sired by a man with money. The rogue looked at Jaren and asked with a smirk, “What was the name of the other woman? I know you want to keep your nose brown, but she was murdered too, Jaren. I am sure you know that loyalty is our gang's motto..”

Jaren turned his gaze to guardian and said with hint of annoyance in his voice, “I don't need to hear that from you, but yes, her name was Sara. Before she died, she was pressing another benefactor to pay back his debts. When she never came back, we figured another gang picked her off, or she was bested by the market vendor, but when we found her body in our territory, we were horrified by her causes of death. We assumed that she was killed by another gang, but when the benefactor's daughter was found in our territory with the same causes of death. My father knew that we had a problem...”

Neras looked at the specks of dirt in his glass, and he asked about the merchant, “Did she ever get him to pay his debts? Did you question him about her death?”

Jaren gave the teenager a nod and admitted, “That idiot spent his loan on whores and alcohol, so no. We never got our money, but he admitted that he told Sara that he will get the money as soon as possible, so she was there at his stall. She disappeared after talking to him.

Neras listened to Jaren information on Sara, stood up, and said with a smile, “Well if the Warmarshal says we have a problem than we need to fix the problem, so I will investigate their deaths and see if we make the problem go away...”

Jaren eyed him for a moment and said with a nod, “Yes..making it go away would be nice.” Looking at the young recruit, Jaren said with a nod, “If you figure out who it is, I want you take a few raiders with you. I know you are skilled with your short sword, but you might need backup. I don't need heroes. I need professionals who get the job done. Understand?”

Neras nodded in agreement, “I understand, Jaren.”

Jaren sat back down in his leather chair and said, “You got work to do, Gaurdian. Get it done.”
Neras Frostfawn
The Delinquent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Bitter Work (Job Thread)

Postby Neras Frostfawn on February 25th, 2018, 4:17 am

When Neras walked out for Jaren's apartment, Neras knew that he didn't want to see some girls decaying corpse, but he needed to see what this person was capable of. From Jaren's lack of description, he knew that he wasn't dealing with gang violence. Murder was common place in Sunberth, but mutilation and torture wasn't the typical calling card of gang violence unless the gangs want to prove a point. Lost in thought, he noticed Jaren's personal goon, Darvin leaning up against the wall. He seemed to be waiting for him as he walked out of the door. The old man pushed himself off the wall and said, “So the boss man filled you in on the situation?”

Neras stopped for a moment than he continued walking. He motioned him to follow him and said with a nod, “Yes, It sound like we need to send a message to some sick arsehole that they shouldn't petch with us?” Looking at Darvin, he asked with chuckle, “Are you here to babysit me because you can stay home if you are, Old man.”

Darvin walked besides him and said with a snort, “This is your show, Kid, I'm just here to make sure you don't petch it up.”

Neras responded defensively, “Listen Darvin this is a gang matter. Not some rich bastard's wish list, so I am taking this much more seriously.” The young guardian waited to let it sink in to the older guardian and continued, “Have you seen the body yet?”

Darvin nodded, “She was a pretty little piece of arse, but now she looked like she was tossed in a barrel filled with hungry brats. I hope you hadn't had lunch, Jinx.”

Neras did have lunch, but he wasn't the kind of man to get squeamish from a little blood. The older guardian seemed chatty, but Neras was lost in thought about the two girls who had the most unfortunate luck of running into the wrong crazy duster with a hard-on for pain. The teenager looked at him and asked, “So how much for the knockout drug?

Darvin said with a smirk, “We are on the job, but if you want to float tonight, I will slid one your way.”

Neras said with a chuckle, “Petch no! I don't know what type of weird shyte you lace it with.” The teenager continued, “No...I might need it for future contracts. It some powerful shyte, and I could use it in the street.”

Darvin eyed the young guardian and said with a nod, “Smart, and I understand. It is six gold miza per dose.”

Looking at the old man as he followed him through the barracks, he said jokingly, “Petch me, six gold miza! I might have to whore myself at the docks if I started using it.”

The old thug smirked to himself and said, “There is more than one reason that I make it, so potent. I know a girl who would spread her legs for half a dose. You should see what she does for a full dose...”

The teenager tries to banish the image of Darvin having sex from his mind because he felt sorry for the unfortunate person who decided to do the dead with him, or the diseases that comes with sleeping with him. He shook his his head and said, “See why I stay away from that shyte. I am not pretty enough to deal with the side effects...”

Darvin chuckled, took the flask from his belt, took a drink, and said, “Boy, you have no clue the feeling of a girl with no teeth polishing your door knob...”

Neras said quickly, “Please stop...”

Darvin looked at Jinx and asked, “Ever opened the double doors, boy?”

Neras blinked and thought to himself, 'What the petch?'

Hearing nothing from the teenager, he laughed, “Fine lost for words. Ever tickle the pickle?”

Neras walked into the commons and said quietly, “Petch me, Darvin! Your not going to give up aren't you without a answer...”

Darvin shook his head, still laughing to himself, said with a smirk, “Petch Boy. You didn't answer to one side of the coin, so I assumed...”

The teenager stated, “I am clearing this up. Yes, I opened the double doors, and she had all her teeth...”

Feeling a hard slap on the back, Darvin said, “Good! I was worried that your second job was on the docks. Some of those sailors like pretty boys like yourself.” Looking at him, he cracked his knuckles, “You would make more money with no teeth...”
Neras Frostfawn
The Delinquent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Bitter Work (Job Thread)

Postby Neras Frostfawn on February 25th, 2018, 6:53 am

Neras ignored the teasing from the older man as they walked down into the courtyard and into the streets of Sunberth. The guardian knew this was Sun Birth territory, so he didn't have his guard up as he walked down the street. The pair walked down the street till they came to a building. Neras looked at the building and noticed that it was more of shack than a building someone would live comfortably for long periods at a time. Darvin took out a key, and he unlocked the door. When they walked inside, Neras was immediately hit by the strong smell of decay. Looking around, he saw a silhouette of a body under a sheet on a table. The white sheet looked like it was stained with blood and maggots was already gathering on top of the sheet. The older man walked over pulled the sheet off the girl, and Neras watched as the maggots on top of the sheet sprayed across the room.

Neras walked over to the body, and he noticed the skin on the top of her legs and arms were peeled off, and he could see multiple lacerations and across the abdomen. They were shallow, and they were all in different states of healing. The killing blows the multiple stab wounds in her chest. The strange thing that he noticed that her eyes were burnt out of her eye sockets. The smell was unbearable, but the maggots were worse under the blanket as they feast on the raiders flesh.

Looking away from the body, Neras said with no emotion in his voice, “This killing was drawn out wasn't it? You can tell by the cuts on her chest some our fresh while others are scabbing over.”

Darvin nodded, took another drink from the flask, and said with a nod, “I had a feeling that she wished for death at the end...” Darvin threw his hands in the air and swore, “By Morwen's thawing corpse, what am I going to tell that damn parrot!”

Figuring the parrot was mother's animal form, Neras shook his head and said with nod, “Could this be the work of another gang? She had to be tortured before she was killed. Maybe she was captured by them to get at her father.”

Darvin said with a shake of his head, “They would have asked for a ransom if they wanted money from her father. No, it was done by a twisted petch not a normal ganger.”

Neras gave him a smirk and said with a chuckle, “I didn't know you had a thing for birds, so you know her mother? Jaren said that she was a kelvic. Who is her bond mate? You?”

Darvin shook his head and said quickly, “Kisha is no bird when I behind her over the table boy, and I bet her bond mate is the pimp who controls the money. No she a sweet women with a nice rack, and her daughter was a fine piece of arse before she died.”

Neras chuckled looked at the rotting body and said with nod, “Well Darvin here is your chance to score with her daughter...” Looking at the maggots, he said with a snort, “I hope you can preform with a audience..”

Darvin shook his head and spat, “Luckily, you're on the other side of table boy otherwise I will smack that shyte grin off your face..”

Neras noticed one of her hands were dangling off the table, so he looked at it and noticed the finger nails were broken off at the tip of completely ripped from away from the finger. He noticed large wooden silvers on her fingers. He said to Darvin, “You might be right about the barrel. Look at her fingers, they are ripped off or broken. She had to be kept in something wood.”

Darvin shook his head and said with a shake of his head, “You might be right. You should see when we bury someone alive than you dig them up the next day. Their fingers nails are stuck in the wooden lid and scratches are everywhere...”

Neras shook his head and said simply, “Well...when we find this duster, they will learn that it is a mistake to mess with our gang...”

Darvin said as he cracked his knuckles, “Damn straight! Where are we head to next, Jinx? Want a tumble with the parrot? I am sure. She can teach you how to be a man...”

The teenager looked at him and said with chuckle, “If she is your regular than I not going anywhere near that with my dick! Where does Kisha live?”

Darvin said, “She works around the No Man's Land Tavern, but I really not sure where she lives. I tend to petch her where ever it doesn't matter to me...”

Neras nodded and said, “We will visit her mother later after we get more information. Sara was murdered by the same bastard too, so her spirit and story deserves attention along with the rich girl.”

Darvin nodded, “This is your show, Jinx, and you need to understand if it starts raining shyte. You will be the one standing in it not me.” The older man added, “Jaren said that you might need backup. Should we get some raiders?”

Neras shook his thread and said simply, “Numbers will draw attention, so we will round them up when we are ready to find this bastard and deal with them. I think it will be better that it is just us. I am a fan of blending into crowds...”
Neras Frostfawn
The Delinquent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets