PM to join The Ravens Landing

Nayato Arrives in Syka

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Ravens Landing

Postby Nayato on March 2nd, 2018, 7:46 am

Spring 1st, 518 A.V.

12th Bell

Nayato felt like he was staring down a very, very, very deep hole. His senses overtaken by this newest sensation of vertigo. It caused him to wrap his arms tighter around the firey red headed woman who’d took it upon herself to aid the squire in getting from the Burning Lands to Syka. He’d wandered from Endrykas to his homeland to visit his tribe and tell them of his adventures. However, he soon departed as he wanted to listen to his patrons advice in learning about the world, and help the fledgling civilization grow. It was just by happenstance that he stumbled upon the Inartan woman and her mighty Wind Eagle perched upon a sand dune, resting from trading with the cities of Eyktol, and got lost trying to find the nomads to bring rare items back to her homeland.

“That was dumb. And from what you said, your Eagle was right to resist heading so far into the heat.” Nayato said as he felt dizzy from a sense of vertigo from being so high. “Yeah, but it was worth it. Live free and fly fast. That’s how life should be lived… oh,, there it is!” The Eaglerider said before diving down to land her mount on the beaches of Syka in front of the Mercantile.

Nayato dismounted from the large bird with the womans aid, then collapsed to his knees. Nayato sat in the dark, unmoving, kneeling with his head dipped low to the sand in clear view of all syka. “I’m fine. I just need a moment.” The Squire said as he ran his hand over his face to regain his faculties as the woman freed Nayato’s dog from however she was transporting items.

ImageThe Akinva Deerstalker began to sprint all over the beach before he held up a hand to call Osawa over to him. “Osa, come here.” He called out in Tawna that he’d gotten the dog used to responding too. “Thanks again for the ride, Maisa.” He smirked as the dog started to lick on his face. He slowly stood to his feet before watching the woman point to his supplies that were on the ground. All of his worldly possessions packed tightly into an overstuffed backpack.

“So, what are you going to do now?” The Inartan woman asked while simultaneously checking on her Eagle companion. He retrieved all his stuff to stand in awe of the junglescape from the beach. “I have no idea, but as you’ve seen my people do. We live as best we can. I’ll make do.” The Chaktawe said as he started to arm himself with all of his weapons, taking special care to examine his shortbow before storing that into the quiver on his back. “What about you?”

Maisa glanced over at Nayato with a shrug. “Head back home. But, I think I’ll take a bit to explore this place before I go. I think we are parting ways now?” He glanced over at the sun which stood high in the sky, then back to her. “I think you are right... may Brother Crow treat you as a sister.” He gave her one last farewell before turning to find the nearest bastion of civilization, which happened to be The Syka Mercantile.

"And may Eywaat guide you like an older brother."

He glanced over his shoulder to give her a wave and leave the stranger turned travel companion, and transporter behind after having spent five days in close proximity to the woman. "Come Osa.. " The Squire said as he then looked over his other shoulder. "You there..." His path drew him ever closer to the building before the person called out to spoke up.

Image The ghost flickering to life to float behind the black face painted Chaktawe. "Thanks for making her go slow for my sake. And stopping to feed me your soulmist to keep up ." Jaleh the dead squire was Nayato's closest friend, which showed in the way he smirked at her.

""Could have been here in a day... So what if it turned into five with all the stops? Anyway, rest. Don't matrialize. I know you are tired." The ghost quickly then vanished from sight.

Last edited by Nayato on March 4th, 2018, 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Nayato
    Embracing Eternity

Words: 146321
    Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2009, 9:03 pm
    Blog: View Blog (1)
    Race: Chaktawe
    Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Plotnotes

The Ravens Landing

Postby Nayato on March 4th, 2018, 12:52 pm

If there was one thing that Nayato knew, it was stories. To him and his people they were everything, the only lifeline that he had to what he was, as well as his culture. Everyone had some, even if they were simply ones of their own life. They spoke of tales where action and adventure took place, where heroes battled beast, and even about creation itself.The amazing thing was that each one was different. As he walked up the a flight of stairs leading up to the top of the building on stilts, he found himself wanting to know hot to craft such a structure. And yet, his mind quickly wanted to learn the story behind the sorrowful expression on the face of the woman within.

Osawa quickly followed behind its owner, happily just wagging its tail to then roam around the interior of the Mercantile. When Nayato entered the shop it was obvious that he was from Ekytol. His bucks hide pants and linen shirt were both sun bleached by Syna in only the way traveling the Burning lands could scar. His face was painted in paint crafted from the black beetles of the caves the Kalanue tribe often frequented, and looked like a true Chaktawe.

He approched the clerk to find that she was lost in thought. Nayato had managed to get a foot away from her before his footfalls broke the woman's deep train of thought. "Oh! Hello there." She said with a sudden realization of shock as she tried to hide her sadness with a false smile. Nayato gave her a nod of his head in greeting. "You seem troubled? Do you need help with anything?" The squire asked, still in the mindset of helping people that was driven into him during his knightly training.

The woman made a snickering laugh as she waved a hand to brush off the man. "I should be the one saying that to you. Sorry, its just I have a lot on my mind since my father went missing..." Juli Chaliva paused as she realized that the newcomer must not even know who she or her father were. "My name is Juli Chaliva. My Father went missing on a ship called The Veronica. I don't think you'd be of much help finding him out on the suvan unless you have a ship. But the fact that you offered to help was nice. Truly, thank you for that." Juli went quiet for a moment before quickly filling the awkward silence with more talking. "Welcome to The Syka Mercantile. What can I do for you today?"

Nayato just slowly nodded his head in acknowledgment when the woman told her the tale. He had no means of traversing the sea so quickly just let the issue fade away into the awkward silence by not responding to it."My name is Nayato. I have plans on spending much time in the wilds to learn of it before seeking to craft myself a place to live. I require the tools and the means to survive away from civilized life. I don't know much about building, so it will be a daunting but hopefully fruitful adventure."

Juli motioned an arm to the rest of the store with a smile. "Lucky for you, we have all one might need to do so. We've Travelers stock for food if you aren't a hunter, tents, insect netting, and various other things. And if you wish to claim land for your own home, you'll need to talk to one of the founders to do so... Given the situation with my father, you'll need to speak to either Mathias Okavis or Randal Zor."

Nayato then went on a little shopping spree to gather up all the supplies he would need before returning to her to pay for everything. ""Where might I find one of the other Founders?" He asked while looking through several toolkits. The shopkeeper thought to herself for a moment to then divulge where she had last seen Mathias and Randal.

Shopping Ledger :
    • Backpack (Empty) 2 gm
    • Bird Call 5sm
    • Toolkit, Survival 25 gm
    • Leash, Medium-size 1 gm
    • Tent, four person 10 gm
    • Shovel 2 gm
    • Crowbar 2 gm
    • Carpenter's Mallet 1 sm
    • Rope, Hemp (50 ft.) 1 gm (paid 2gm for 2)
    • Nails(Metal) 5 sm / lb (paid 1gm for two pounds)
    • Axe, Carpenter's 1 gm
    • Axe, Splitting 5 sm
    • Mortar and Pestle 1 gm
    • Buckwheat flour 1gm/lb (2gm for 2 lbs)
      Total = 50gm. 1sm

"I do hope all of your troubles will find a happy ending. And should you need anything, come find me. I'll be happy to help." He placed all of his newly acquired things things into the empty backpack, slinging it over one shoulder.
    "Osawa. Osa... here." He called over to his dog that was sniffing over the bottom of an empty sack to follow as Nayato moved to exit the shop to return to the beach.

Nayato
    Embracing Eternity

Words: 146321
    Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2009, 9:03 pm
    Blog: View Blog (1)
    Race: Chaktawe
    Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Plotnotes