[Verified by Luminescence] Zen Tanka

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Zen Tanka

Postby Zen Tanka on June 25th, 2016, 11:00 pm

Zen
Tanka

The Shinya Acolyte
"In time, hard work will humble talent."
Identity comes with purpose
001. Appearance

Date of Birth: 2th of Spring 499AV
Place of Birth: Lhavit
Race: Human
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Profession: Pending

Fluent: Common
Poor: Vani
Basic: Shiber

I am more than my name
Zen retains a slightly pale, youthful visage, one often graced with a determined smile. His short-cut hair is dirty blonde in color, and is wild in appearance, never properly combed. This way, it accurately depicts the young acolyte as a person. Likewise, his amber eyes hold an almost burning gold tint within them. His tall forehead, cheeks and narrow chin are unblemished, save for a few, barely visible scars, hidden by age and what is only a shade of a beard. Zen is physically fit, and towers over most at 6,2ft of height, his torso and arms displaying slightly toned muscles.

Zen adorns a light blue robe that hugs closely against his body, held in place with a white sash, plain except for two blue stripes that stretch alongside its length. His baggy, white trousers rest tucked in black sandals, ones that alongside with socks designed in the same manner, leave the toes exposed, allowing the leg to breathe. They are, further, fastened with white leg bindings, ones both strong and flexible. Zen, usually, rolls the sleeves of his robe up to his bicep or shoulder, much to the disapproval of the elder members of the Shinya. Likewise, Zen is known to never part with a black and blue striped scarf, crafted for him by his mother.

Scars and Injuries :
Zen's palms are gruff, with a blister residing at the base of each finger, courtesy of his training. Likewise, the young acolyte adorns three scars on his face, ones that could only be noted from up close, due to their faintness and size. One, at the right side of his nose, attained from a fall when he was still little. Another, planted on his chin, made the first time he and his brother sparred with real weapons, and lastly, a small scar near his left temple,
one that taught him not to try flashy tricks with a weapon he is not yet experienced with.

Fire and Spirit
002. Personality

Likes:Zen likes a challenge, and pretty much anything that would give him a chance to improve on himself, or display his skills. Likewise, he enjoys nature, and is even fond of art, whatever form it may take. With that in mind, he has, in secret, began practicing with the flute, one he purchased from an old Vantha carver.
Dislikes: His energetic and wild nature make Zen detest boredom, though he is still willing to invest a significant amount of time should he see something gained from it. That given, meditation was never something he was overly fond of.
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Everything you need to know, wrapped up in a little nutshell[/size]
Zen is a determined and pig-headed individual, that, once he had set his mind on something, will go trough ice and fire to see it carried trough. He is passionate, some would say overly so, and devoted to whatever he is doing. His competitive spirit, more often than not, makes him overlook the fine details that make the line between something good and bad. More than anything else, he seeks recognition from his father and his peers, and, although he is reluctant to admit it, from his brother too. Yet despite this, he is stubborn, and unwilling to change, opting to follow his heart and intuition before reason and logic. His spirit is unruly, and he is known as the less patient of the Tanka twins. Likewise, his seemingly endless energy oft mix badly with his temper. Yet, despite all his enthusiasm, it was painfully obvious, even from his early childhood, that he is, unlike his brother, without talent. Endlessly annoyed by the fact, one even he came to recognize in time, Zen gives his utmost best to compensate in that are with blood and sweat, though even then, his efforts are known to be fruitless.

Like every other Shinya, he is completely loyal to his home city and its patron, though he often does not know how to express himself. Likewise, he takes his future duty as protector very seriously, even though Zen has a tendency of judging based on his own set of morals and ideals, rather than that of others.

History should be left in the past
003. History

Few things know how to obstruct someone as do names
"He will be such a troublesome child."

-Ina Tanka

As nature began waking up, and leaves flourished on naked branches in most of Mizahar, the house of Tanka was blessed with two new lives. Ina, wife of the famed Alius Tanka, gave birth to twin boys. The older of the two came to the world peacefully, never letting a sound escape his throat. He was named Ken, after Ina's late father. The other boy, younger by just a few minutes, never ceased screaming, and despite being but a newborn, he would grapple his sibling, attempting to, in some way, fight him. Hoping that it will calm him, Alius named the boy Zen, which was the word for calm, serene and simple in Nader-Canoch. They were, however, not surprised to find out that Zen would grow up to be exactly the opposite.

Even from a young age, it was clear who the "better" brother was. Ken would excel at whatever he did, be it armed combat, martial arts, magic, meditation, or even the more odd jobs, such as carving and sculpting. He was a prodigy in every sense of the word - basically, everything Zen was not. The younger of the two would always attempt to catch up to his brother, earning a bit of recognition from his ever-absent father on the way. Yet, for all his attempts, Zen could never best Ken, in whatever they would compete in. Even so, after every spar, the older of the Tanka twins would simply nod with his impassive expression plastered over his face, and slightly bow to the defeated Zen, before leaving, as if they were strangers. What more, he took the words of praise from their father, rare like snow in the desert, with indifference - words Zen craved more than anything in his life.

Nobody ever asked either of them if they wished to serve within the Shinya. It was expected. And while Ken accepted his fate with with no protest, it never came as a surprise that Zen would follow closely behind, attempting to come on top of his brother in any way possible. Even now, as Ken became a Rider within the order advancing swiftly trough the ranks, Zen still struggles as an acolyte, hoping to catch up to his rival.
Last edited by Zen Tanka on March 21st, 2018, 3:30 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Zen Tanka
I am more than my name

Words: 26462
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2016, 10:09 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Zen Tanka

Postby Zen Tanka on March 18th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Zen
Tanka

The Shinya Acolyte
In time, hard work will humble talent."
Trough dedication - prowess
004. Skills

A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood

Novice
SkillExperienceTotal
Bodybuilding5SP5XP
Medicine5SP5XP
Play Instrument: Flute5SP5XP
Projection10SP10XP
Unarmed Combat20SP20XP
Weapon: Kusarigama15RB+5SP20XP

Competent
SkillExperienceTotal
#--
#--
#--

Expert
SkillExperienceTotal
#--
#--
#--

Master
SkillExperienceTotal
#--
#--
#--

Knowledge - wish i had more of it
005. Lore

The only valuable information is one you attain yourself

Self
One
Two
Three
Four

Martial Arts
One
Two
Three
Four

Spiritual
One
Two
Three
Four

Acquaintances
One
Two
Three
Four

Locations
Lhavit: History
Shinya: History
Three
Four

Other
One
Two
Three
Four
Last edited by Zen Tanka on March 21st, 2018, 3:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Zen Tanka
I am more than my name

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Zen Tanka

Postby Zen Tanka on March 18th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Zen
Tanka

The Shinya Acolyte
Patience is the highest form of asceticism
006. Possessions

...and I have little

Clothing

Equipment

Miscellaneous

Heirloom
As the two brothers began training with weapons, both of them were allowed to make their pick out of a wide selection. Ken, opting for practicality, selected a Jian sword. Zen on the other hand, much to the displeasure of his father, selected the most complex and flashy looking weapon, the kusarigama. The moment combat began, the younger of the Tanka Twins got tangled in the very chains he attempted to swing. Yet, that never stopped him from continuing to use the weapon, taking its complexity as another challenge.

Eventually, as Zen came of age, he received a steel version of his weapon of choice, having attained a level of proficiency that allowed him to use it without causing harm to himself. Being a gift from his father, he cherishes the weapon greatly.

The kusarigama itself, named Chained ZealImage, takes form of a straight steel shaft, atop of whom resides a lengthy, slightly curved blade. Thick enough to serve as a war pick and pierce armor, while still sharp enough to cut into tissue and bone. Within its hollow handle, one defended with a rectangular arm guard, begins a 13,2 feet (roughly four meters) chain, one that ends in a hexagonal, steel weight, one made heavier with a leaden core. Typically, Zen wears it concealed underneath the wings of his robe, coiled around his narrow waist.

Its plain design is meant to teach Zen the value of simplicity and modesty, while the name puts weight on restraining one's emotion in judgment and combat.

Ledger
NameCreditDebitTotal
Starting Coin100K0K100K
Bladed Extension0K20K80K
Silk Scarf0K2K 5tK77K 5tK
Wooden Flute0K5tK77K
House Cash-In500K0K577K
SP 518 Rent0K45K532
SP 518 Expenses0K135K397K
FL 518 Rent0K45K352K
FL 518 Expenses0K135K217K

Our home, our charge
007. Housing

Duty above life
Zen inhabits a simple room within the Solar Wind inn. It is furnished very modestly, as suits the acolyte's tastes. Zen rarely visits his room during the day, if at all - coming there only when weariness is close to besting him. Though the blonde previously lived with his fellow Shinya, on his own initative, he left them behind, wishing to gain a semblance of independence this way.
Last edited by Zen Tanka on November 5th, 2018, 12:59 am, edited 13 times in total.
Zen Tanka
I am more than my name

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Zen Tanka

Postby Zen Tanka on March 18th, 2018, 12:55 pm

Zen
Tanka

The Shinya Acolyte
I will carve my own path
008. Threads

Courage, not compromise

Season
DateTitleProgress
#--
#--
#--

Season
DateTitleProgress
#--
#--
#--

Flashback
DateTitleProgress
#--
#--
#--
Last edited by Zen Tanka on March 21st, 2018, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zen Tanka
I am more than my name

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Zen Tanka

Postby Zen Tanka on March 20th, 2018, 10:05 pm

Zen
Tanka