The Family of Unsavory Cravens

Madeira

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Allister on April 12th, 2018, 2:28 am

Allister felt the joy of victory rocketing through the bond and it sent a shiver up his spine. He wanted to wave his pale finger in the face of the people who doubted his love’s brilliance. Madeira was absolutely the best thing running on any street in any city in the whole world. The black eyes bounced from face to face before falling on the blue gaze of his bond mate. She shimmered in her slouch and as he sat, he noticed the eyes on him. A sudden uncomfortable feeling settled into his skin like a sliver that had the ability to burrow all on its own.

When Everard spat his anger at Madeira and she rocked back into her chair, the kelvic tensed in such a way that he felt something pop against the back of his skull. His neck twinged in response to the warm tingling sensation that radiated out from the base of his skull but none of this did anything to deter the rage he longed to unleash on that petch of an excuse for a human. A grimace appeared on his face as the black eyes, normally lively and carefree, boiled with hate like tar designated to strip the skin from a convict. His hand squeezed the fancy crystal goblet so hard that he sloshed a few drips as the nerves in his body attacked one another to try and alleviate some of the pressure built up at his seething fire was forced to remain under his skin. Pale fingers became discolored as the grip wrang itself until some of the finer edges sliced open the imperfect flesh and allowed a few droplets of bright red blood to run down with the wine and mix into the tablecloth.

Allister relaxed when the rest of the family stepped in but he followed the offending cousin with daggers in his eyes until the man disappeared and only then did the hyena start to relax. He turned to face his goddess and smiled, his hand released the drink and balling into a fist which quickly vanished beneath the table. When Madeira had them excused, Allister released a whimper as the delicious looking fruits were snatched from under his nose. It was no matter for soon they were elsewhere. Allister followed his bonded’s lead when saying his soft goodnights and bowing at the appropriate times.

In the foyer, the way that Madeira let go and praised him shocked his very soul. Allister felt weightless and yet he wanted more as if the fullness that the little blonde spiritist created within him suddenly condensed and needed to be filled up even more. The slap across his chest touched on something primal and he flushed at the thoughts that followed the searing sting of tiny fingers along the print on his chest. He let an idea hit the bond but he quickly buried it- ashamed of the thought.

He listened as Madeira gave him the tour and once in her room, Allister waved to Emma but his mouth hung agape. Their place in the city had been nice but this little slice of fantasy was too much for him. The kelvic sank slowly to his knees next to the bed and leaned over until his arms were spread over Raj and his face was next to the ghost child’s legs. He’d never had a home like this- had never even seen one. A few tears streaked his cheeks and smeared into the comforter which Allister gripped in both hands and pulled up into his embrace. His legs slid out from under him leaving him to look as if he’d been flung into the mattress while drunk or unconscious but he soon fell into a heap on the floor. He remained for only a tick before he threw his body around the legs of Madeira. She was happy- he could feel it in the bond and he was happy, too.

The kelvic poured his gushing emotions into the space between their souls where the tether existed as his arms tightened against the spindly legs hidden beneath the long skirt. His black eyes were wet as they looked up to her. “Thank you.” He choked. Simpleton that he was, the former slave didn’t realize that bonding was a two-way street. Allister has always been under the impression that Madeira chose him and that her affections and emotions were things he had to earn; things he would happily earn by the weight of his flesh or the tears of someone else. His hands pawed at her, stroked the fabric of her outfit like she would occasionally do to his fur. “This is so- so-” Naive, he lacked the words for it and buried his face in the ruffles of the conservative article of clothing. “Madeira, I’ll do anything for you just please, pllleeeeaaaase don’t ever make me go away.” An itch chased itself along his skin and he shivered under the urge to dig at it but the kelvic simply bit down on the skirt instead. “I only want to be with you.”
Pain without love is meaningless
Love without pain is selfish
Allister
The Answer to Boredom

Words: 243321
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2017, 2:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on April 21st, 2018, 2:21 am

"Easy, easy. I will never abandon you. Of course I will never abandon you. You know that."

Madeira wobbled where she stood, her bondmate wrapped around her legs and crying tears of a hopeless kind of joy into her skirts. She ran her thin fingers through his brindle hair, reading the scars on his scalp like a list of humanity's sins written in braille. She traced the shell of his ear and the slope of his neck and marveled at this thing that was hers. His worship washed over her and she turned to it like a flower in the sun. Through his eyes she could see his belly full of good food she had barely touched, and this fine room she had lived in for years of her life and never really appreciated. His perspective of things she had always taken for granted made everything a little bit brighter. Even his perspective of her.

Happiness flowed through him. He loved fine food and luxury, he loved her, and she loved to see him so happy and grateful. One day she wanted to make enough money to provide him with just that. She would give him fine things to wear, feed him the best foods, build him a home for everything they loved. She traced the promise between the scars and smiled to herself.

"He's so silly. Raj, isn't he silly?" Emma had pulled her legs up to sit cross-legged on the bed beside her beheaded bondmate and was laughing kind heartedly at Allister. From her childish perspective she saw him sprawled all over her Mistress in a weird boneless hug, mumbling into her skirt.

"Not as silly as you, goose", Madeira teased the ghost as she self-consciously detangled herself from Allister's embrace. "Ally and I need to have a grown-up chat. Why don't you take Spooks and show him around the house?"

At the sound of his name the cat turned his head. His large lamp like eyes were slightly crossed, and one of his whiskers was smoking. Madeira remembered the angry flash in Everard's eyes and his wild accusation of Emma for Allister's projection, and she suddenly worried for the mad cat and naïve ghost. She quickly revised.

"Actually, it's a nice evening, maybe you should take him to the garden instead."

"Okay." Emma agreed cheerily, and blinked from the bed. The cat gave a great shudder, his bulbous eyes flicking unnaturally around the room and behind his eyelids. After a moment the possession seemed to take hold, and the cat walked itself rather drunkenly to the door. Opening the door for the two, Madeira let them slip out and called to their retreating backs: "I want you back before Leth is up! Keep out of trouble."

Finally her and Allister were alone, except for Bird, snoozing under his wing, and Raj with his cold tea. It looked like their possessions had arrived before they did, as Madeira's trunk and both her and Allister's rucksacks were piled neatly beside the wardrobe. She was too tired to unpack that night, so she sat in the plush loveseat by the fire. Even in private she sat straight and tall as a mast of a ship, and with the gilding yellow light of the fire she looked like some boney, underwhelming statue. Smoothing her skirt modestly over her legs she removed her rings one by one, setting the gaudy jewels on the arm of the chair. It didn't feel private when she could feel the soulmist of her servants swirling through the hollow stones.

"Al, we need to talk. You saw that mess down there. You know there's some bad blood in this family. We run a little... differently. There's this hierarchy. Different levels of respect that everyone has, depending on what they do, and how powerful they are." She paused for a moment, staring out the window. In the deepening twilight she could just see a little black cat prancing clumsily around catching fireflies. "Allister, have you ever had a family? A mother, father, anything?"
x
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Allister on May 15th, 2018, 2:19 am

There’s nothing that could hold the weight of what ran through Allister’s mind. He watched with such patience and admiration as Madeira delegated her charges and then her wares with a careful set of actions that brought the kelvic into the mindframe of watching an artist render a masterpiece upon a smooth wall; intentional, fluid and articulate. The bottomless black eyes swelled with bride and opened wide to take in all that he could of the small woman. The fire set a brilliance of contrast to her eyes as it emblazoned her skin which gave the blue an almost sentient appeal. Did the watery stare feel the awe in the bond? Was it his imagination that it seemed to swirl in the flickering light of the fire? Allister was unsure about a great many things and completely unaware of much more but the impressive force that was Madeira Craven was very much a subject that he considered himself a student. It was also one he would die to defend.

The kelvic slowly moved towards her like a small object in space drawn by the gravity of something far greater than itself. Allister stood next to her, slightly slouched but content. His stomach gurgled at the richness of the night’s meal but he ignored the twinch it send along a system not used to such decadence. His body was still for once as he felt the seriousness of her questions. The conversation would be hard but worth it, he knew. Nothing his mistress did was ever half-concocted or whimsical. The man twisted his body with a slight amount of grace so that he could rest his shoulder upon the heavy frame of the window; unsure hands fidgeted with the bracelet and anchor on his wrist. He tried to listen and not just hear.

The complexities of politics within a powerful family were well beyond anything he could fathom. One needed so many smaller notions to create bridges and foundations of thought before grasping such concepts as those used around the Craven dinner table. Allister had projection and that is something that he could manipulate from time to time in circumstances like the incident with the wine and the mouthy cousin but it was for the simple motive of defending his lady. He would do it again, too. In time, Allister vowed to learn more about the gift he’d been given so that he could better serve Madeira- to better care for her.

Fingers pressed against the cool metal of his trinket until the rough edges sank into the callused, pale flesh and created ridges. The strange face looked down to his idle distraction and he tried to speak; to answer, only to emit a choked response that failed to register words. The hyena cleared his throat as he strained to remember his life before Alvadas. The painful things he’d tried to forget and the things he had done to survive haunted him but not nearly as frequently as they once had- not since Madeira had accepted him and shared her fire with him. She filled the spaces he tried to create with thoughts and fears and desires not his own; a welcomed distraction. Finally, after moments of silence and sifting through the ashes, the hyena lifted his face with the relic of his old life dangling from his gaze.

“I had a mother but I only remember her face as they took me away. That’s when she gave me my name.” He shoved an awkward smile upon his face, his hands clenching and splaying fingers in the air by his thighs. “The woman who bought me did all this to me.. She would say things that made me believed I deserved to be treated in that way.” The long fingers traced the raised scars of his brutally marred tattoos and his face was pointed at Madeira but the expression in his eyes was gone- his mind having traveled elsewhere. “I don’t know what it means to be family and I don’t know what it means to have bad blood but I understand hierarchy.”

Idly, his fingers drew over the letters that spelled ‘Useless’. “I’m not a nice man, Madeira. I don’t know why you chose me but I want you to know that I’ll try.” The familiarity snapped back into the onyx orbs as they refocused on the glowing example of a young woman. The hyena could see himself in the oceans she used to view the world and it tickled the corners of his lips with a smile. “I’ve only ever known one person who was nice to me before I met you, Madeira and I let her die because she cared for me.” Tears welled up and lingered in his baggy eyelids then began to alternate and fall in a strange pattern down his face and against his chest as he continued. “I’ll never let that happen to you.” his voice took an odd tone- stern but wavering as if unstable.

The bond was suddenly flooded by a raging fire of covetous devotion and reckless abandon that seemed to set ablaze anything in its path. Allister’s pain disappeared as did the recollection of anything beyond the blonde girl in front of him. The hyena spiraled quickly in the mood as his hands fidgeted with the cuffs of his jacket where the razors were stashed. The former slave was arrogant to a point- believing as he did that he could protect her from anything but he also put himself in that frame of dangerous articles. His eyes only reflected her untouched by the torch that laid waste to everything else. When the kiss of metal touched his fingertips, Allister slipped the blade from its moorings and pressed it against his palm then drug it through the meat. Ashen canvas parted and allowed crimson wine to flow. The calm of the pain brought him back to focus and his fingers deftly tucked the blade away as he clenched his fist to hide the first rushing of blood from his wound. “I don’t know what family is supposed to be like...but I know I never want to hurt you or treat you like those people down there. None of them -not one- sees how special you are.”

He reached a hand up to touch her face but stopped near her shoulder as the cool air reminded him of his recent self-inflicted gash and he quickly withdrew his hand into the sleeve of his jacket. Allister turned his face down and twisted to that his injury was drawn away from her line of sight. “Sorry.. I know I blabber on about stuff without knowing what I’m saying.” His muttered words fell against the glass as the black eyes used the reflections to watch her. The bond was vacant for a moment as Allister felt small next to her. Doubt clouded his mind and confusion of memories and dreams versus actual events left him paralyzed next to a gallows’ swinging fruit, a fiery hurricane of emotions and Madeira- the one person who might be able to reach him and the one person Allister was most terrified of hurting. Having nothing more to say, he drew into his own shadow and squeezed his palm tightly to try and stop the bleeding, the pain giving him clarity of thought. “Why do you ask?” A mere whisper into the room escaped his lips as eyes searched the glass for her face again.
Allister
The Answer to Boredom

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Madeira Dusk on May 23rd, 2018, 4:24 am

Madeira simply watched her bondmate as the silence grew. It pressed around them, but not between them. There was never quiet between them, not really. Even as the Kelvic choked on his words and fidgeted with his bracelet he was shouting his uncertainty at her. Some distant pain ran sharp and clear through their bond as he dug up things he would much rather never see the light of day.

She wondered if he knew how much younger he looked, leaning against the window with the last of the light carving the bones of his face into sharp, hungry lines. The Allister of the past was a starved, wild thing. That Allister wouldn't have won the table with pretty words and wouldn't have defended her with clever projection. As she waited for his words she reflected on how much he had grown.

When he did speak, she almost knew what he was going to say. Of course he was never raised by his mother. No mother would let this happen to their child. Of course it was a slave master who did this to him. What else could be so cruel?

And as he spoke she saw between the lines of what he said, and little pieces of him she never understood started to connect. His warped sexuality was attached to this owner, as was his submissiveness. A woman owned him, she realized. Some cruel, evil bitch. Did she prostitute him, beat him? And he loved someone else. Someone kind had been killed because of his affection. An echo from a long time ago rocketed through her mind, and she knew exactly who it was.

"Madison." Madeira whispered, her eyes wide and round with epiphany. "Her name was Madison."

She remembered how the twitching, half naked wretch of a Kelvic had skittered across the dusty floor of an old abandoned house. She remembered how he had wrapped his boney arms around her skirts and cried, thinking she was this Madison from his memories.

Had he not approached Madeira that day, had her presence scared the rickety man away, they never would have bonded. It was this mistaken identity that had brought them together. If Madison had never loved him, Madeira wouldn't have either. The thought made her cold, and she promised herself she would pray to Dira for the soul of this woman she had never met, who had impacted her life so much.

Leaving her rings behind she stood from her chair and joined Allister by the window. She caught his wounded hand by the wrist and with steady a pressure he knew better than to refuse, pried his fingers open. A wound straight through the thick skin of his palm was open and red like a laughing mouth. She stared down at it with a carefully blank expression.

“Oh Allister. You don’t understand. You have more power to destroy me than they ever will, but not in the way you think.” She slipped her hand into his, and the blood was sticky and warm between their palms. “Every time you’re hurt it hurts me too. If you won’t keep yourself safe and whole for you, do it for me. I need you.”

She pushed it on him, that need. She let it sing through the bond. It was on her bed during the worst of the Alvadas plague that she learned that his self worth was tied directly to her. When his throat was raw and bleeding, his lips cracked and blistered, he still sang or her. Nothing reached his darkness like her desperation. His loyalty was the strongest, more destructive thing she had ever seen.

Standing on her toes she kissed the tears on his cheek and ran the tips of her fingers through the soft hair behind his ear. “I’m not going anywhere without you.”

She stood like that for a moment, feeling the blood fusing their hands together as she brushed through his hair like his mother should have. She watched the black tattoo’s on his face fold and crease in his expression of pain, and something hot and angry bubbled up from her chest. How dare they do this to such a creature?

"So you understand hierarchy", she stated, spurned by the sudden spark of hate, drawing them back to the reason for this talk. “Thats good. That’s all the Cravens are, really. You’re more my family than they ever were. No, more than that, we belong to each other in a way nothing else does." she smiled, and there was something hungry in the curve of her lip and the glisten of her teeth. “These people don't deserve us. I'm going to climb this hierarchy, and I need you to have my back just like you did today. Do you understand what just happened? We made Everard look like a fool in front of the whole family, then stole his position in the aftermath.”

Bird gave a startled coo as Madeira stepped forward, forcing Allister to lean back and bump into his cage. Her hand fell from his head to his shoulder, and she held their fused hands out beside them. Pushing him out of his corner and to the centre of the room she began to lead them in a soundless waltz.

"I'm sick of being their obedient little daughter”, she said, watching the firelight and the last of the sunset play across his pale face. “It's gotten me nothing. I'm stronger now and it's all because of you. You've given me confidence, you've pushed me to be more. It's our turn to get what we deserve."

"And you know what?” she laughed, and for a moment she sounded like the young woman just out of girlhood that she was. “It would be easy. We have our foot in Everard’s door. He burning the bridges himself, we just have to help him along. And once we are Favoured it's a short step to heir. Godric is a good man, and a powerful Spiritist, but Leto doesn't trust him. We can dethrone him. I know we can.”

Then little Madeira the ward will be head of the Craven family, with loyal Allister at her side. The idea was intoxicating. She smiled and cupped Allister’s cheek in her palm, reading the anguish that was never quite extinguished from his dark eyes.

“And what that is said and done, by the gods, I'm coming for every hand that's ever touched you.”
x
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Allister on June 1st, 2018, 2:44 am

Allister Stared at the small hand that crawled into his wounded grasp. There was an electricity to the pulse of the young woman that rattled him from skin to bone and reverberated things in his soul that he did not fully understand and scarcely recognized more often than not. The mastery of her touches seemed to guide him along a path as if Madeira was using controlled breathing to navigate a toy sailboat through a watery maze.

Actions bore reactions and lingered in their own consequences but the spiritist knew all of this. She pieced things together in a way that marveled the kelvic. Uneducated and a simpleton by most standards, the former slave was often proud of connecting a few dots here and there but the radiant dance that his bond mate displayed unraveled so rapidly for him that he felt an immense amount of pride in that he belonged to her. The hyena also realized that her small pressures and twists against his palm sent shots of pain that mixed with the smoke of her clever intellect and left him in a haze of drunken arousal. It was strange because this was unlike any he had dealt with in the past.

Sex was sex and attraction often lead to such things or at the very least some kind of self mutilation but Madeira had found a chord within Allister that was the perfect minor arpeggio and it left him in a state of hunger, joy and awe. The combination of these things took hold as the woman laid out her plans for ascension. Already sharing hands, the performer emerged and pulled the lithe little Craven with a tug that was short in its swing. It put her body in motion but would keep her arm to the side and this opened her hips up to square with the encroaching step of a light-footed man. Allister dropped his free hand from the window and caught her by the waist then used his momentum to carry them into a very crisp but casual three-step.

Left, right, turn, left, right, turn- the pale apparition steered his beloved with their fused grip. The drying blood was warm and the slit burned whenever air weaseled its way in but Allister didn’t even blink. He stared with a dark intensity that grew with the size of Madeira’s ambitions while a grin not so dissimilar to the one across his abdomen ripped open his face. The fabric of her dress was coarse beneath his palm but the curve of her hip seemed to nestle into the chalky lines of his skin and it gave him a sense of power to direct her steps as he pivoted and swirled her around her room.

The kelvic was in full agreement. He added in chimes of ‘yes’ and ‘that’s right’ from time to time but he did not interrupt his mistress. The young Craven was on a roll and as he fervor increased so did the pace of their dance. To keep her from bumping into things, Allister used his longer arms and taller frame to stretch Madeira a little bit and force her against his body. She was cooler than he expected but then again, he always did run a bit hot in the blood. Last time he was this close to her, they both had fevers and it’s still one of Allister’s favorite memories of his short, unremarkable life. Unashamed of his body’s response to her closeness, he pressed harder so that her edges met his and every point in between like the man was trying to fuse their bodies into a singular being.

He was at a point where he planted his foot then rotated his torso over the woman and gave her room to arch her back and dip her body over the creaking floor. Allister heard her words of retribution on his behalf and snapped her back against his torso immediately. The hyena drew her in between the flaps of his open jacket and took her face in both hands, his wound still sticky with freshly coagulated blood. “No.” He stated flatly but with a passion in his eyes. An eyelash’s width from her face, his breath mingled upon hers -both thick with wine. This was the second time tonight that he’d made a stand but Allister had to make her see.

Her scent, the warmth of her face and the pulse running behind her thick lips and encircled eyes all filled him with a sudden desire to have her. The kelvic couldn’t hide this from the bond but he would never act on these things unless she initiated; couldn’t for fear of damaging what he held. “You will pay those people not an ounce of your sweat or a tick of your time.” His grip tightened around her face as the urges clashed with the deeply-seeded longing to keep her safe. Protecting her was also about protecting himself and his past was dangerous. “They do not deserve anything from you, from us.” A lightheaded wave of heat and thoughts kicked Allister in his skull as colors and lights began to swirl around the icy blue stare he held so tightly.

Allister was not used to such rich and decadent foods. Mix that with wine, spinning around and intense emotion and one has a recipe for a sudden stopping point. The hyena had found the immovable object in the room. As a heavy blackness settled over him and his eyes drooped along with his body, he leaned down and brushed his lips against hers. “There’s nothing we can’t do…” He whispered against her mouth as his fingertips drug at the soft skin beneath them. “But there are things that would be a waste...of...time…” Allister slumped first against her, his body too long and lank to stay put for long shuddered and then dropped to his knees. All she had to do was push him over and he’d be across her bed. Awkward as he had felt at times- this would be a night that the kelvic would never forget.
Allister
The Answer to Boredom

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Madeira Dusk on June 4th, 2018, 3:24 am

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Madeira Craven

Skills
  • Rhetoric: 3xp
  • Politics:4xp
  • Caretaking: 2xp
  • Socialization: 1xp
  • Leadership: 2xp
  • Tactics: 4xp
  • Cosmetology: 1xp
  • Acting: 2xp
  • Negotiation: 3xp
  • Persuasion: 2xp
  • Logic: 2xp
  • Hypnotism: 1xp
  • Dance: 1xp

Lores
  • Caretaking: nursing cuts
  • Uncle Frode: mad trickster
  • Leadership: giving orders
  • Allister: doesn't know how the Craven's work
  • Allister: hope for the future
  • Lore of Kelvic Mirroring
  • Cosmetology: making oneself presentable
  • Madara Craven: Madeira and Allister are beneath her notice
  • Everard and Einar: Untrustworthy
  • Minerva Vigliacco-Craven: useful ally
  • Acting: faking sincerity
  • Lore of trusting Allister
  • Caretaking: soothing Allister's temper
  • Politics: underhand dealings
  • Allister: prefers dramatic problem solving
  • Politics: gaining the upper hand
  • Negotiation: making a better offer
  • lore of table manners
  • Madison: the woman Allister loved

Awards & Retribution

Notes

Allister

Skills
  • Intimidation: 3xp
  • Endurance: 3xp
  • Unarmed Combat: 1xp
  • Observation: 5xp
  • Storytelling: 2xp
  • Logic: 3xp
  • Socialization: 3xp
  • Bodybuilding: 1xp
  • Persuasion: 2xp
  • Tactics: 2xp
  • Meditation: 2xp
  • Rhetoric: 1xp
  • Acting: 1xp
  • Politics: 1xp
  • Projection: 1xp
  • Dance: 1xp
  • Seduction: 1xp

Lores
  • Madeira: must be protected
  • Illusion: the horse of shining ink
  • Illusion: the helpful, magical talking book
  • People: "Uncle Frode"
  • Lore of feeling stress in the Kelvic bond
  • Socialization: reassurance
  • Bodybuilding: lifting Madeira
  • Lore of the similarities between the Craven and Dynasty's
  • Madeira: admirable
  • Endurance: ignoring pain
  • Meditation: controlling emotions
  • Tactics: developing a strategy
  • Madeira: needs more than just physical protection
  • Politics: making a rousing speech
  • Acting: faking sincerity
  • Persuasion: pleading
  • Meditation: centering oneself with pain

Awards & Retribution

Notes
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Previous