Solo Trees and Plants and Cloths

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Trees and Plants and Cloths

Postby Anibesa on July 1st, 2018, 5:25 pm

t 31st Summer, 518AV t

It was early and the sun had risen only around ten chimes prior, and Anibesa sat on the beach, grimacing slightly in displeasure at the rising of the sun and the forced change into her seeming. No matter how many times she shifted back, she always felt a pang of emotion. Each night she hoped and prayed that this would be the time that she didn’t have to shift back, though every day she was forced back into the mortal seeming where everything caused her discomfort.

Sighing, she picked herself up from the floor and dusted the sand off her legs, before she leant into her tent and grabbed her backpack, opening it and checking what was inside it.
Quickly she grabbed her fishing equipment and tucked that away into her tent, her hands then rummaging further into the backpack. She saw her compass and kukri, and then her flint, steel, and waterskin. Nodding she carefully removed her kukri, holding it in her hand as she slung her backpack over her shoulder. She closed her tent, then set off along the beach towards the commons.

She was aware by now of the length of the walk, and with her clothes she was resigned to how warm it would be be and how uncomfortable she would be, but she knew she would likely be going into the jungle soon, and the jungle had too many dangers to risk having her skin exposed, so she decided that she’d just deal with the repercussions.

By the time she made her way to the commons, her shirt was damp with sweat and sticking to her back uncomfortably. For a few moments she fanned herself, before looking up to the commons.

She wanted to go into the jungle and see what she could find, but she also wanted to make sure she wasn’t alone. It was dangerous to go into the jungle alone.

Sighing she glanced around, before seeing a familiar face beginning to walk towards the jungle and Anibesa started to walk towards him, quickening her pace before calling out to the man as she caught up to him.

“Hey Tony?” she called loudly, seeing the man stop and turn towards her. “Are you going to the trees? Could I maybe help out a bit?” she asked, tilting her head as she came to halt to speak to the man.

“Yes, I was going to make sure they were okay and catch any weeds before they take over.” he said calmly and Anibesa nodded. “And of course, if you’re sure you want to help out?”

Anibesa nodded furiously and she saw the man smile in response, obviously content with her enthusiasm before he gestured into the forest.

“I see that you’re already dressed for the jungle? It’s not too far but it is in the jungle after all.” Tony said as they started to walk into the jungle. “Obviously there’s still a few animals that will wander into the grove. Mostly monkeys or pigs, but sometimes there’s worse!”

Word Count504

Adapted from a code by Karin
Lethaefal-Svefra
Day Night
Eyes Blue Blue
Hair Auburn Black
Horns Green
Skin Fair and freckled Marble like, cool toned and shimmering
Anibesa
Svefra by Day, Letheafal by Night

Words: 164692
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Trees and Plants and Cloths

Postby Anibesa on July 1st, 2018, 5:56 pm

“Of course, even the beach isn’t as safe as a lot of people think!” Anibesa nodded again as she spoke. “And yes, I wanted to do something useful today, and if I hadn’t have found you I’d have tried to do some hunting and foraging. I wanted to make sure I was ready and wouldn’t have to go back to my tent.” she said out loud, glancing over to Tony and seeing him nod. “This is better of course!” she reassured him.

The jungle got closer as they walked and then they were stopping into it, and Anibesa instantly quietened, her eyes now darting around to see what was around them. It was quiet apart from the occasional screeching sound that Anibesa hoped was from something like a monkey rather than some sort of monstrous predator that would attack them both.

Tony took the lead through the jungle and Anibesa’s hand clenched around the handle of her Kukri, ready to strike anything that came at her too quickly.

Around her the jungle was so lively yet so quiet, she saw flowers growing from the edges of trees, insects and small birds feeding from them, and small pieces of now rotted fruit littering the floor. She assumed that those were from fruits that monkeys had partially eaten and then left for the ants and the bugs in the jungle.

Just the thought of those bugs and ants made Anibesa shudder slightly. Though she didn’t consider herself scared of the insects, they weren’t something that she wanted to spend time with, and she’d happily never see an insect again.

As they walked in silence, Tony stopped in front of her and instantly Anibesa clenched the kukri even tighter and chewed on the inside of her lip.

“Do you hear that?” the man said in a hushed tone and Anibesa instantly listened carefully, a slight humming sound entering her ears before Anibesa nodded.

“The humming?” she asked and Tony nodded.

“Bugs, they can get into the grove sometimes and not all of them are nice to vines.” he explained and Anibesa nodded. “Most of them don’t bother with the Isuas though, they prefer sweeter things.”

The rest of the walk was in silence and it wasn’t long until they were at the Isuas Grove, and the whole journey hadn’t been anywhere as she had expected.

“So this is the Grove? And these are your plants?” Anibesa asked and Tony nodded. “So what needs to be done first?”

“Well usually I’ll check the plants over to make sure nothing has been at them, bugs and the like sometimes like to eat them, some other animals get in and dig and ruin them to.” Tony went quiet as he knelt down next to one of the plants and checked over it gently before beckoning Anibesa to join. “This one is healthy see. Look at it’s colour, how vibrant it is, and there’s bits that look like it has been stunted in it’s growth?”

“Yeah, I see it. So do we check all the plants like this? And what do we do if something is found to be bad?” Anibesa asked, her eyes fixated on the plant.

Word Count531

Adapted from a code by Karin
Lethaefal-Svefra
Day Night
Eyes Blue Blue
Hair Auburn Black
Horns Green
Skin Fair and freckled Marble like, cool toned and shimmering
Anibesa
Svefra by Day, Letheafal by Night

Words: 164692
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2017, 2:27 pm