[Kulkukan Tavern and Inn] (Resting and Searching) Open

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Rakoshnor on August 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm

78th day of summer afternoon
Rakoshnor walked into the inn he saw before him and looked around his eyes scanning the room and seeing an open table at the back wall he walked to it and sat comfortably. His eyes drooped as he got ready to rest for a bit he set his longbow in the seat next to him and his quiver in the middle of it. Deciding that sleep wasn't going to help him find someone to bind to he shook himself awake a bit more and continued to watch in front of him making sure that no one of interest to him might pass out of the line of sight he had. He leaned back in his chair not ordering anything to eat or drink as Chelltaire came and asked him now and again if he would like to order anything.
Rakoshnor
Player

Words: 1967
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 1:58 am
Race: Kelvic

Postby Kavala on August 17th, 2010, 7:16 pm

The Kulk :
The lowest section of Riverfall, aptly named the Third Tier, is host to the city port and is therefore one of the busiest and more bustling areas of the city. The Bluevein River finds it’s end here after a three thousand foot plummet into the Suvan Sea causing a wide radius of moisture laden air surrounding the location where river becomes much more. The mists create stunningly beautiful rainbows during the days when the sun shines brightly down into the port and it offers a soothing effect to the skin during the scorching summer days. However, during the bitter arctic winters when strong winds come roaring from the Suvan, those same mists coat the port with a layer of white frost and cause work to slow down incredibly on the docks.

The thunderous collision of the falls into the sea surprisingly seems to assume a harmonizing role when compared to the noise and chatter of the port. The deckhands constantly load and unload all sorts of goods from the incoming and outgoing ships. Different foods and supplies fill crates for other men to unpack and take to their respective recipients while wheat and gems are packed into outbound containers ready to see destinations anywhere around Mizahar.

Along with vegetables and fruits not commonly found near Riverfall or the Sea of Grass are wines and other drinks not native to the area. These goods do not have far to go before reaching their final destination, the Kulkukan Tavern and Inn. Located in this busy lower tier of the city, the ‘Kulk’ as it is affectionately known as by locals is always a place to find company and conversation. No matter which bell or chime throughout the day you walk in, there will be patrons ending work for the day or visitors wasting time before their ship leaves or becoming drowsy or drunk before ending their nights.

The red lanterns lighting the reception area and main bar give a soothing yet edgy atmosphere to customers as they wander in from the Third Tier. The entire lower level of the building is the tavern while the upstairs area is completely an inn. The same crimson theme is found throughout the inn and tavern to maintain the gentle premise and make all guests feel comfortable. The operator of the Kulk is an Akalak named Nystir and can always be found around either helping behind the bar, sharing conversation with guests, booking rooms, or preparing the place for the next rush of business. Nystir is the only Akalak working in the Kulk considering many of those coming in are not accustomed to Riverfall and the blue hue that accompanies it. Most of the employees are humans and half are female, a rare proportion in this city, in an effort to draw in more customers from the ships finding port here. The lead bartender and Nystir’s assistant is a human woman named Chelltaire, though the locals know her simply as Chell.

With the helpful and genuinely caring employees of the Kulk and the tones of ruby conveying a sense of comfort laced with a hint of secrecy, the Kulkukan Tavern and Inn is one of the more popular spots in Riverfall for all of its citizens and visitors alike.

Kavala concluded her business with a smile. The gentleman Akalak was very pleased. She'd be starting a new warhorse for his son as soon as the animal could be delivered - a big black nightwalker named "Wrath". Kavala had a great deal of experience training horses, but in terms of actually working with a warhorse, that would be a different ballgame altogether. The fee he was going to pay her was going to be well worth learning as she went, and if she perhaps talked to Hatot about what mounted Akalak faced on patrol, she'd get a better idea of what to teach the young stallion that was on his way to Sanctuary. Shouldering in, bodily controlling the enemy, standing firm in the face of swords, spears, and arrow rains would be just a few of the things she'd have to work on with the young horse. But it would be exciting, she decided, and a real challenge to her horse training abilities.

The client hadn't met her for dinner. That would have been inappropriate in Akalak society. Instead, they'd had drinks and discussed the business over light snacks. Kavala though, was still hungry, so when the gentleman concluded his business and exited The Kulk, Kavala had leaned back in the glittering ruby atmosphere, and decided to order herself a bit of salmon. Fish was her favorite, and she craved it enormously these days. The Konti smiled to herself, dressed in a flowing handkerchief gown that was made up of midnight colors infused with wine roses. Tired, she didn't feel like walking back to her facility quite yet - in fact she wanted a good meal and a bit of a relaxation before she headed back down the road.

So she waited, sipping her wine and looking around. That's when he gaze caught on the strangers sitting at the table near the wall. Her senses picked up his feelings immediately, as her eyes scanned his form taking in the bow, the way he was dressed and his stance on his seat. Yes. Kelvic. Though not as wild as most of his kin.

"You should eat."
She said softly, calling out to the stranger. "It's what people do in places like this and if you do not, you will look strange. Try the salmon. It's very good." She said, smiling slightly. Likely the kelvic had no money. If he didn't, she'd gladly cover the cost of his meal if only to make sure the creature ate. Kavala made a gesture to Chell to make sure she understood to bring the boy something to eat... anything.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rakoshnor on August 17th, 2010, 7:28 pm

Rakoshnor heard the shout and looked to the person thinking it was directed to someone else. Noticing it was intended for him he got up and grabbed his weapons walking slowly towards the table with the woman in front of him. He had looked her over quickly to understand her angle and turned his head two different angles and then smiled slightly.

"While I appreciate the offer of food I came here mainly to rest and I guess i must have looked really strange to attract your attention."He smiled as he gestured to the chair in front of him so he might join her at the table. Her idea of having the salmon was probably the best seeing as it was good when he was at home with his parents at one time. He had been traveling for about a year now away from his family and had been looking for someone to bind himself to since his travels had started. Finally he took the seat hoping that it wasn't rude of him to just sit at her table.

"I am Rakoshnor a Kelvic of a family thats quite a ways away from here."He smiled as he looked to her waiting for her response and introduction. He was not used to courtesy from others but then most of his travels had been outside of towns and away from other people. This was the first time he had really wanted to try for some kind of interaction because his family had told him to go to Riverfall and see if he might find someone there before he tried anywhere else.
Rakoshnor
Player

Postby Kavala on December 13th, 2010, 5:59 pm

ImagenoteI'm soo sorry this got overlooked!

"Please, have a seat. You're kelvic. Unusual to see in Riverfall."
What she really meant was that it was unusual to see one without a companion and especially one that was male. Young too, which meant he was unbonded most likely or else his Master let him wander the city, which wasn't always the best thing in the world. She nodded at his introduction and gave one of her own in return.

"I am Kavala Denusk, of the Denusk Pavilion, Sapphire Clan. I run Sanctuary just outside the city. It's an animal hospital and refuge as well as a boarding stables. We specialize in Kelvic medicine and equine arts."
What she didn't say is that here in Riverfall the kelvics were treated like pets so they weren't taken to the normal healing center like everyone else. But that was fine with her. Now that Sanctuary was operational, they had equal if not better medical opportunities that often did not charge if they did not have the coin to pay.

"Please, sit down, order something to eat. And won't you tell me about yourself?"
She asked, mainly wanting to know what brought him to town and if he was attached to anyone.

Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rakoshnor on December 14th, 2010, 8:36 pm

He smiles as he relaxes into the chair with a sigh as his body seems to loosen up a bit. He roles his shoulders and looks around curiously then back to her his face never losing its good natured smile. He then looks to the nearest server and calls her over. "I would like to have a salmon with something light to drink." He smiles then he looks back to Kavala. "What would you like to know about me specifically?"
Rakoshnor
Player

Postby Kavala on December 18th, 2010, 4:40 pm

ImageKavala smiled, glad he was eating and relaxing suddenly. Food always soothed the soul, if only a little. She returned his smile, glanced at his clothing, and took a drink of the wine sitting in front of her. "I was just curious as to what brings you to Riverfall. It's unusual to see male kelvics here, let alone strangers who don't have blue skin. We are about as far away from everything as it gets. But I've traveled myself, to Mura, and back. But its always nice to hear about others and where they are from or where they are going... so I guess that's what I'd like to be asking. What brings you here and how was the trip?" Kavala smiled.

She sometimes had a longing for other places, to see the world beyond the Suvan Sea and the Sea of Grass so it was something she was laways interested in hearing about - other's travels.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rakoshnor on December 28th, 2010, 1:31 am

*he smiles as he nods to her thinking about it* "Well to be honest I'm not sure what truly brings me here but then at the same time I'm sure its important" *he laughs and keeps eating looking to her* "The truth of the matter is the travel was wonderful seeing all of the areas and flying free under the skies." *he smiles and sighs as he thinks about it his mind wandering finally he comes back to reality and looks to her* "I apologize it has a slightly euphoric effect for me to talk about it." *he laughs sheepishly*
Rakoshnor
Player