Solo Silver and Lilac

[Job Thread] Taurina completes an incomplete tattoo and gets more than she bargained for

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Silver and Lilac

Postby Taurina on July 17th, 2018, 6:26 am

Morning of the 15th of Summer 518

“Taurina, I’d like you to meet my wife, Leyra.” Koshin was beaming as he showed off the beautiful Konti woman by his side.

The Drykas smiled soft as she saw the woman whose belly was full and eyes bright. Last he had been here Koshin had not told her of the little one on the way. So focused on his family as it was now, on her grief, that he had failed to mention soon their home would be adding another. It stung a little bit, just a little bit, to see her and how happy she looked. All Taurina could think about was Jasmine and the baby that was surely a season old now. Were they happy too? Was the grassland treating them well? She did not get much time to dwell.

“Taurina!” Leyra practically leapt forward and took the Ethaefal by the hands, “I am so pleased to finally meet you! Koshin and Abien would not stop talking about what a wonderful artist you are. They are both so excited to get the tattoo finished.”

The Konti gave Taurina’s hands a squeeze as a familiar heat rushed to her cheeks. Taurina cast her gaze to the side, shifting on her feet. She felt foolish and embarrassed. Her work was only alright, passible, decent. She was so slow to create it. Two sessions was near ridiculous for the piece even though it was complex. It was small enough, should have taken her an afternoon, but between working up the sketch and then that long pause in the middle.. Taurina pushed the thoughts aside.

“He is kind, I am glad they both like the work,” Taurina spoke just as shy as she felt, barely marking to lift her gaze to the Konti woman’s bright one for fear she would only blush harder.

The woman just laughed something light and pure. Hands were squeezed again in a way that was reassuring and lovely.

“Oh dear, you are modest. But then Koshin warned me that you were,” Leyra said while shaking her head, “we are going to have to fix that. Beautiful artists deserve a bit of spotlight.”

Leyra gave Taurina a wink before coming close and brushing a soft kiss on the Drykas cheek before returning to her husband. She perked up on her toes, reaching up to kiss him briefly which he bent down slightly to give her before she patted his arm light.

“You two have fun, I’ll be back in a bell or so,” she chirped with a smile cast towards the Drykas, “I’ve something to give you darling.”

Taurina blinked, taking a moment to realize she meant her. The Konti just smiled wide before waving goodbye and exiting the small tattoo parlor with a delicate hand placed on her swollen stomach. Taurina blinked again, her gaze drifting towards Koshin who was staring at his wife until she left sight and then he looked back to the Drykas before him. Seeing the look on her face caused him to give a boisterous laugh to which Taurina reacted by just blushing harder.

“Come on little Drykas, let us get this finished. She’s got something up her sleeve and I find it best not to get in her way,” the Akalak male said with a laugh and a shrug before wandering over to one of the marble tables.

Confusion marred Taurina’s features as she watched him. She struggled to process what exactly had just happened. Who was in the tattoo parlor? What was she meant to be doing? Her gaze flickered between the door then the Akalak then the door again. Wait, what? She looked towards the male with turquoise colored skin. He was just staring at her, mischief written on his face. Taurina raised an eyebrow and tilted her head slowly, information still processing.

“We doing this or what?” Koshin questioned, motioning to his nearly but not quite finished tattoo.

At the sight of it Taurina jumped. 'Oh!' Her mind understood. With a blush born of more embarrassment than shyness she finally nodded and began to move. The time had come to finish up his tattoo!

Common | Pavi | 'Thoughts'

Taurina
Lost in the Stars

Words: 752473
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2016, 4:18 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
2016 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Silver and Lilac

Postby Taurina on July 18th, 2018, 4:03 am

Gathered were the chisels, inks, bucket of water, clean clothes, and deep breath needed to begin her work on the incomplete tattoo. Taurina’s mind was frayed, bouncing in a million directions all at once, which caused quite the scene as she ran around the parlor gathering her tools. She could hear Koshin’s stifled chuckles from where he stood beside the marble table. A glare void of professionalism was shot in his direction at the sound, causing only more chuckles. The Drykas huffed a breath and went over with all of her tools in her arms including the sketch she had kept from their previous session.

“Don’t you tease me,” a demand bit out that did not sound much like a demand, “It’s rude.”

Laughter broke out that lifted the big male’s chest and caused more rogue to bloom across her pale cheeks. Taurina cast her gaze down as the embarrassment settled in, occupying her hands with setting out all her tools in a row. The shallow trays she used for ink were missing from her gathered things. The woman shook her head at herself and pushed fingers through her knotted hair. How foolish she was today. Where exactly had her mind gone?

“Oh come now little Drykas, don’t pout. It’s a happy day! Laugh!” Koshin insisted, resting a heavy hand on her shoulder to try and coax her to look up at him.

The caramel gaze of the Drykas was unsure and flustered. What in Leth’s name was he going on about? All because he was getting his tattoo completed? She was sure her confusion was written across her features. This was confirmed when he sighed and gave her shoulder a squeeze.

“Relax a little Taurina,” he said a little more somber, “your stress will kill you."

Taurina rolled her eyes and shrugged off his grip before forcing a smile.

“I am relaxed, see, smile,” she said, a truer smile breaking out at the words though it was more of a smirk. It got a laugh out of him. “I need to get some more things, I will be right back.”

The Akalak just shrugged and nodded in response, crossing his bare arms and leaning against the marble slab. Taurina let her smile fade and scampered off to find what else it was she needed. She went first to the shelves her trays could usually be found on, but found none to be where they were supposed to be. Her already frazzled mind grunted at this as a frown created crease lines in her face. Another sigh was released, more fingers brushed over braided hair. She moved on, going to the cleansing station where she found several in the pile waiting to be washed and none that were clean. Wonderful. Typical. Another grunt released.

“Everything okay?” It was Koshin asking from where he still leaned against the marble with his eyes fixed on her.

Taurina looked back towards the male and forced a smile, nodding. She felt unprofessional and just all around bad. This was not how things were suppose to be. She was suppose to have all her supplies together, all her things ready, before the client entered. Granted, meeting his wife had caught her off guard. She had not expected the encounter in the slightest and had not expected his wife to be as she was. But she had known he was coming today. Herrlock had told her of all the day’s appointments and which were hers, she had recognized the name on the list. She should have been ready.

Elbows deep in warm soapy water, Taurina scrubbed the dishes clean. She hated the feeling of the bristle brush when she missed and it scraped against her skin. Her hands felt raw when she was done though she had not been at it long enough for fingertips to prune. The Drykas checked over for any cuts or scraps, her blood mixing with the ink would not do, but there wasn’t anything. Just some slight skin irritation. She nodded to herself and wiped her hands off on a dry rag as well as using it to dry out two of the trays. Then she returned to her client.

“Sorry about that,” she apologized with guilt in her eyes, “I should have been better prepared for your coming today.”

Koshin rolled his shoulders in a shrug, a kind smile on his lips.

“Not necessary,” he assured her, “I consider you as much a friend as any Taurina, I will not judge you for this. Besides, we were early. Leyra was very excited to meet you and very excited to get out of the house without the children for an afternoon.”

Taurina blushed again, slightly cursing at herself for it as she nodded.

“Well thank you,” she said softly, “I am glad for the chance to meet your wife. She is very kind.”

The woman sat down at her seat and began pouring out inks and looking over her sketch once more. Koshin said something, something about his wife that sounded like agreement, but Taurina did not catch it. She gave him a smile and patted the marble table, motioning for him to take his place and lay down on it. Once he did she went to work stretching the skin and studying how what had already been done had healed. All looked good, like it had healed properly and been taken care of decently enough. No major fading or lost ink. They would be able to start right where they left off.

“You ready?”

Taurina
Lost in the Stars

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Silver and Lilac

Postby Taurina on July 22nd, 2018, 10:16 pm

The energy in the room calmed as Taurina fell into the familiar pattern of inserting ink beneath skin. Koshin was still and quiet, a model client, staring up at the ceiling as she went to work. Slowly her breathing fell into a calm and her mind honed in on the work, zoning out all the other noise. She would be fine. This was fine, she knew what she was doing. It was not like they had left tons to do when the last session ended. Mostly shading and some minor color additions. The hard stuff had already been done, this was the fun part. In a way it was the part of the tattooing process that made the work come to life. That made the work something the client would want to show off to others. That little bit of pride she got when a work was complete.. it made the Ethaefal smile just thinking about it.

Half a bell passed in pure silence. All there was was the steady hum of breath as it was drawn in and blown out and the sound of needles punching through skin. Taurina was calm, calculated, precise. She did not make many mistakes but this was because she was slow. Her need to succeed showed here more than anywhere else because to fail was to let her client leave with marred skin and that was unacceptable. To her and to her boss. So the silence continued.

“How have you been little Drykas? Things gotten better?” Koshin broke the silence before it was allowed to linger much longer.

A gaze of caramel lifted from turquoise colored skin as the chisel stilled in her heads. She met his gaze and sighed softly, remembering all that had transpired since last they spoke. Her gaze drifted back to her work as she resumed it, determined not to get lost in a discussion about her life but instead talk and work like what was normal.

“Good,” she answered him honestly, calmly, “better, yes.”

The look he gave when she did not offer up more right away was one of curiosity and also some small amount of displeasure. Taurina pushed it aside, focusing in on her work. The shading was coming along nicely, just a little longer now. She wiped away some remnants of ink and blood. A hand touched delicately over his irritated skin, pulling it flat before she brought the chisel up with the other and resumed her work once more.

“You do what I told you too?” he asked her, that curiousness in his gaze poking through.

Taurina sighed and then she nodded. The day she had let go of Azmere was still very clear in her mind, the one sketch she had kept buried in the bottom of a drawer because she had not been able to bring herself to putting it in a place where it could be well seen yet. Things had gotten better, they had. She was learning what it was to smile honestly again. To find beauty in little things and live without the burden of grief on her shoulders. But as with all things, healing took time. Her heart was no longer bleeding, but the new flesh was young and pink and raw. She was in no hurry to expose it to the elements of life.

“I did and it was good, you were right,” she admitted in a pause to cover her needles with more ink.

“I am glad.” A smirk played on the big male’s lips. “And I usually am.”

A frown formed as eyes rolled and a glare sent his way, even as the frown turned into a half smile and a laugh that was all nose escaped her. Taurina shook her head and looked back to her work, tongue pinched between teeth as she did so.

“Yeah, yeah, sure you are,” she teased him as she poked his skin over and over.

The big man laughed and shrugged with the arm she did not work on.

“What can I say? I know stuff,” he jested back.

Taurina laughed through her nose again. She just shook her head at his arrogance and kept at her work. The gem in the middle looked real now, the highlighting she had gotten down around the lakan itself giving it an almost three dimensional look. It looked near real enough to reach in and grab. Or it would have, had the blade not been filled with all the things that represented his family. The scales of his wife, the toys of his children, the beauty of all of them wrapped together. Something happy and real and worth paying tribute. Taurina was glad to have gotten to be apart of it in this way. Was glad to have met him and be able to give this to him.

Skin was continually stretched and poked at. Clothe was plunged in water, wrung out, and ran over skin to wiped away the stain of excess ink. He bled little, her work clean. Herrlock even came over to check on her and commented as much. Taurina had been with pride at that. Filled with happiness to know her boss liked what she was doing, approved of it even. Such things so rarely happened around here. The Akalak rarely, if ever, gave praise. To know she had done something worthy enough to get it.. she could not stop smiling as she finished up the tattoo.

“It is magnificent Taurina, truly. I love it,” Koshin beamed, causing more color to rise in the Drykas cheeks.

“I am glad you like it,” she replied, her voice shy and embarrassed yet her smile was full of touched pride.

Koshin rolled his eyes with a laugh before he reached out and wrapped the little Drykas woman up in a big bear hug that lifted her off the ground. He squeezed her tight but no so tight that she was hurt or could not breath.

“Thank you,” he told her as he set her down, “thank you so much. It means more than you know.”

Taurina blinked as the world readjusted, her blush deepening as she nodded and gave him a smile.

“You are welcome.”

Taurina
Lost in the Stars

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Silver and Lilac

Postby Taurina on August 10th, 2018, 6:20 pm

It was not long after the tattoo’s completion that Leyra stepped back into the ink shop. She returned to her husband’s side with a bright smile on her lips and sparkles in her eyes. There was happiness in the room as Koshin showed her the work Taurina had done and continued to praise the work so highly. The Drykas beamed with pride though she remained shy and so kept her hands busy putting everything away. At least the jitters of before had faded and she was no longer full of nervous energy. For that she was thankful and tributed the change to the work she had done, such focus having calmed her mind.

“Taurina! You did so wonderfully!” Leyra turned her attention to the Drykas and rushed over to her -more of a fast wobble with her swollen belly making all movement slower- so that she might take her hands and pull her into a delicate hug.

Caramel eyes went wide as surprise swelled and then it faded quickly as the Eth relaxed in the Konti’s grip. She smiled soft and hugged the woman back, feeling subtle little bubbles of pressure moving as stomach pressed against stomach. The Drykas pulled back, looking down at the bump that held the pair’s growing baby.

“Was that...” There was amazement in Taurina’s eyes.

Leyra smiled as webbed hands ran down over the sides of her stomach, smoothing out the folds of her flowing dress.

“Yes, she is saying hello. Here, give me your hand.” Taurina did so easily and Leyra pressed it into the top of her stomach gently. “Give it just a moment... you feel that?”

The Drykas was quiet and concentrated, waiting to feel what it was Leyra wished to show her. It took a few ticks, more than Taurina had expected and she had been ready to give up, then she felt it. A press of movement against her hand. Her face broke into a smile as this tiny miracle of life made itself known to her.

“Amazing,” she said softly, in complete awe.

Leyra smiled and nodded. “It is isn’t it?”

“She says hello?” Taurina asked with a breathy laugh that made the mother blush.

“It’s a guess. A hope.” She looked over to her husband with a small smile. “A wish.”

Koshin came over then and put a hand on his wife’s shoulder, giving it a slightly squeeze. His other hand came down and was placed against her stomach.

“As long as they’re healthy, we’ll be happy,” he promised, his focus locked completely on his blushing wife and his smile kind.

“Yes.” Was Leyra’s response, her hand coming to rest over his. “We will.”

Taurina just smiled gently as she watched the pair who had been through so much together but had somehow persevered. Through blessing and through curse, they stood by each other and had come out the other side still loving each other. The Ethaefal admired them for it, and she envied them too. If only that could have been her with her love. If only he had been able to come back to her. She pushed the thoughts from her mind for it just was not so. She had lost him and she had made her peace with it, time to move on as she had promised herself she would.

The Drykas stepped away from the couple so enamored with each other and made to disappear into the background. They did not need her anymore for her work had been done. She wished happiness upon them and wanted for nothing else. It was how it was between her and her clients. She had given Koshin more of herself, taken more from him, a bond of friendship formed, but in the end he was still a client. It was not as though she expected more from him, did not even expect to see him again really unless he wished for another tattoo. Leyra seemed to have different plans however, for she reached out towards the Drykas once more and took her hand up in her own the moment Taurina stepped back.

“Oh Taurina, you must come to the shops with me today! Right now,” Leyra insisted, her smile still present, “I’ve something for you but I had to leave it at the jewelers. I ran out of time! Come with me, please?”

Confusion marred the Ethaefal’s face as she looked to the Konti and then Koshin and back again. What was she talking about? She had already been paid for the work, she needed not for anything else. But Leyra did not let her go even when she said as much. The Konti woman continued to insist and even went as far as to say that she needed a friend and wanted Taurina to be that friend. Eventually the Drykas gave in, unable to deny that kind face and happy smile what she wanted. It made sense know why Koshin said it was best to give in. The male chuckled when Taurina finally relented, a look in his eyes seeming to say something along the lines of “I told you so.”

Taurina went to gather her things after giving in, Herrlock surprisingly easy to convince to let her go for the rest of the afternoon. She would not have been surprised if Leyra had already spent time convincing him to do just that. Either that or the Akalak just did not care. Either way, Taurina grabbed her pack and piled her journal and charcoal pieces on top of everything else it already carried. Looping it onto her back, she joined the couple once more and could not help but smile when met with Leyra’s beaming face. The trio walked out towards the shops and vendors, the pregnant Konti leading the way.

Taurina
Lost in the Stars

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Silver and Lilac

Postby Taurina on August 15th, 2018, 5:53 am

“Leyra.. I cannot take this. It’s too much!” Taurina insisted, pushing the pendant back into the Konti woman’s hands.

“Oh please stop, yes you can and you shall because I want you to have it,” Leyra shoved the thing back into the Drykas woman’s hands and forcefully closed her fingers around it, “it is a gift. I will take you giving it back as a grave insult.”

The Konti pinned her with a look then that had Taurina looking defeated. She sucked in a shaky sigh and nodded, slowly, as she gave in. If Leyra was going to be that way than fine, she would take the purplish blue looking pendant. It was beautiful, truly, the Eth could not deny that. Though she was not much one for jewelry. The only thing she had ever worn with any regularity was the quartz cube Aoren had given her so many seasons ago that she had made into a necklace. She could not have said what happened to it. Probably buried in the bottom of her wardrobe or in a drawer somewhere or perhaps behind her bed. Things had a tendency of getting lost in her big, empty, apartment.

“Well if you are sure…” Taurina’s voice trailed as she held the pendant up to the sunlight with a smile tugging at her lips, “thank you. It is very beautiful.”

Leyra beamed with pleasure and squeezed Taurina’s arm happily. “Good. I am glad you like it.”

They had come to the jeweler’s shop first before going anywhere else. Leyra had had an order to pick up which had included the pendant she had gifted the Ethaefal. Koshin had left them in favor of going to the smithy to pick up a new sword or something, Taurina had not paid much attention. She had a feeling he had just wanted to not spend the afternoon hopping from shop to shop as that seemed to be what Leyra was intent on doing this day. Taurina was not exactly thrilled about the idea, but she had decided that she liked Leyra and did not wish to leave her alone. Besides, she was always in need of things, especially clothes, and this was a good excuse.

The Jeweler placed the pendant in a box lined in velvet and handed it over to the Ethaefal who knew she would have to get it a chain at some point but was not worried about it just then. She carefully placed the box in her pack and then went with Leyra to the next shop. They passed through three where Leyra picked up orders and had things sent to her home. It was not till the forth place that Taurina was suddenly called upon as being needed. The Konti wanted her opinion on fabric colors. Which complimented her scales best?

“Um.. the pink,” Taurina decided quickly, the forest green being much too harsh on the woman’s pale opal tinged complexion, “it suits the gold in your scales well.”

“Wonderful!” Leyra cheered and ordered a robe made of silk, Taurina had no idea why.

Curious caramel eyes began to wander around the store and soon she was walking too. She never noticed it, but the Drykas liked the feeling of fabrics beneath her fingertips. Silk, chiffon, velvet.. anything soft or smooth. To look at though lace was probably her favorite. Some of it looked like flowers or vines. Others looked like patterns of scallops and shells. It was all very pretty and delicate. Taurina passed dresses edged with it, shirts decorated in it, and then stepped in a section of the store wholly outside of her comfort zone where she froze entirely.

“Liking anything?” Leyra came from no where with a chipper voice that made Taurina jump.

“Er.. um.. not really.” Words just stumbled out before Taurina made to turn away from the section of small clothes suited for the bedroom.

It was like the pregnant Konti fed off of discomfort and embarrassment. She grabbed hold of Taurina’s wrist and dragged her further in towards the shelves lined with all sorts of things that would make her blush.

“Velvet?” Leyra questioned as she picked up a crimson nightgown far too short with far too little back.

Taurina blushed nearly the shade of the gown as she looked away and focus on the wall. Arms crossed as her heart fluttered in her chest and she swallowed hard.

“Can we go?” she murmured, “I have no use for these things.”

Leyra was not good at taking no for an answer. The woman was sweet otherwise but Taurina was sure this was a character flaw. At least, in this moment it felt like one.

“Oh hush, you will someday again. Till then, well a present to yourself,” Leyra insisted, to which Taurina forced herself not to glare, “nothing wrong with feeling sexy for yourself by yourself. Confidence building.”

Taurina pursed her lips and looked at the floor, feeling uncomfortable. She was not sure if she was uncomfortable because of the content and how it reminded her of her night with the Akalak last season, during which no clothes had been present, or if it was because she secretly wanted to give in. Secretly wanted to take a pile and show them off for herself in the mirror then go to bed feeling the soft of velvet or smooth of silk against her skin. Couple nightgowns would not hurt anybody right? She sighed and shook her head. Somehow it felt almost wrong. Though she did not know why. Most nights she slept with nothing on. A habit she had gained during the too hot seasons on the plains and had yet to really change.

“Leyra…” Taurina drug out, sighing afterwards, “It is not me. I’m not.. I’m not the kind of girl.”

Leyra cocked her head to the sighed, looking confused and still holding the crimson nightgown in her hands. “What kind of girl?”

Taurina just frowned.

NotePendant won in the (29,30,1) weekend challenge
Taurina
Lost in the Stars

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Silver and Lilac

Postby Taurina on August 15th, 2018, 6:53 am

“This kind of girl Leyra! The kind who likes… who wears these things..” Taurina insisted in a harsh whisper.

Leyra looked at her a chime. Not hurt at the whisper yelled words or even accepting of them. She just looked like she was confused, very confused. She folded the velvet nightgown up slowly and put it back on the shelf before beginning to go through and look at other things of different textures, patterns and colors.

“What are you doing?” Taurina asked slowly, biting down on her lower lip with nerves. Had she upset the woman?

“Picking out some things for you,” Leyra said, completely unaffected.

“But I just told you…” the Ethaefal’s voice tapered off into nothing.

“Every girl is that kind of girl. I’ve not met one who was not and you are not the exception. Not someone as pretty as you. You have just got to learn, that is all.”

Taurina sighed and pulled on a strand of loose hair. She had no way of convincing Leyra of otherwise. Especially not when she was thinking about what some of those fabrics would feel like against her skin. She rolled her eyes at herself and pinched her lower lip between teeth, sucking lightly. Was what Leyra said true? Did she just need to learn how to have an appreciation for such things?

“What do you like? The velvet? Satin? Silk? Lace?” Leyra asked, pulling out several things of for Taurina to look at.

Some were nightgowns with plunging necklines and short hemlines. Others had no back. Some were see-through with only the most private of areas hidden from immediate view. Others were two piece, fancier undergarments, made of lace and etched with golden thread. Taurina -almost but not completely begrudgingly- looked over all Leyra had picked out. She touched it all with gentle, shaking, fingertips to get a feel for it. She liked the texture of velvet and silk most, but she liked the look of the lace. The modesty of some of the nightgowns appealed to her greatly. Even if they did not cover her back completely and only came to just past her behind, that was more than others. She sighed soft and looked at Leyra.

“The turquoise silk one and the black velvet,” she decided, though her voice was unsure, seeking some sort of approval.

The turquoise had a plunging neck and straps across the back but it would hang a little farther down her thighs. The Black was shorter and cut low but it was soft to the touch and she liked it. She was not thinking them for what seemed to be their intended purpose. Articles of clothing meant for enticing the opposite sex. Instead she was thinking them as things to sleep in and therefore comfort was a must. She was more focused on how they might feel over anything else. The caramel gaze fixed on Leyra, her blush just barely having begun to fade from her cheeks, looking for an agreement. The Konti seemed to sigh before she reached up and patted Taurina’s shoulder, simply nodding.

“Alright, but you are buying the crimson lace set too. Just in case,” the mother said with a wink. Taurina was sure her wardrobe was filled with such articles of clothing.

The Ethaefal looked pained, but she nodded. Agreeing mostly because it would get her out of here sooner rather than later. Leyra beamed and Taurina took what she had chosen along with what had been chosen for her to a dressing room where to ensure things were the right size. The silk was not stretching and fit like a glove, good for this form then. The velvet had just enough give that she was certain her Ethaefal form would fit into it fine while it also looked decent on her Drykas body. The lace had adjustable straps on the top and the bottoms enough stretch for either form. That would work fine. Deliberately, Taurina looked at herself as little as possible in the shop mirror. She was still uncomfortable, still not sure what to focus on, still embarrassed and feeling vulnerable. She was glad when she was once more wearing the shirt and pants of her everyday attire.

“Going with these,” Taurina told Leyra quietly when she came back into the main part of the shop.

Leyra was beaming happily, a hand on her swollen stomach. It was like she was living vicariously through the Ethaefal. Probably was. Taurina had tried other things on but all were put back. She was glad when they went to check out and she could give the appropriate amount of mizas to the shopkeep. She was also glad for the female at the counter. Mostly because she was still the color of a beat and having to check out with an Akalak or any other male might have caused her to faint. Nightgowns and undergarments wrapped in paper and put in a box tucked into Taurina’s pack settled her nerves greatly. She was getting out of the shop now. If she decided she could not wear the things later, well.. there was always the bottom of her wardrobe! Or return them, but that would be embarrassing so likely the bottom of the wardrobe it would be.

Leyra drug Taurina through a few more stores, one of which being the bakery where the Drykas found herself rewarding herself with a blueberry muffin. The women laughed and found pleasure in the shopping. Taurina found that she did not hate it and she liked Leyra, she liked her a lot. There were various things she was tempted to get and almost did. A few dresses, some shirts, a pair of pants. Leyra pushed her to go for it, all of it and more, but Taurina resisted and Leyra backed off on the matter after some persistence. The Ethaefal had a feeling Leyra was doing something behind her back. Something like buying things anyway and having them sent to the apartment. Taurina really hoped not.

Koshin rejoined them near the end. He asked after how it had gone and Taurina somehow managed to say “good” without turning too terribly red when thinking back to what she had gotten. He had no reason to know what she carried with her. Likely Leyra would tell him if she cared to, but hopefully that would be long after the Drykas had gotten home and found that place for it all at the bottom of her wardrobe.

The trio had dinner together. Conversation ranged from tales of the plains to stories about their children to training in unarmed combat. There was laughter and the beginnings of tears and great friendship. Afterwards goodbyes were said and Taurina headed home alone after watching the couple fade into the street hand in hand. She smiled to herself, glad that she was able to call someone friend. Even if they had started with one of them just being a client. She hoped that she got to see them again at some point. Despite Leyra’s pushy nature, she liked the Konti, and after all she had told Koshin, well, it would have been wrong not to consider him a friend. So Taurina hoped and it was carrying this hope that she returned home. And once she got there, her box of night clothes found themselves exactly where she had thought they would: bottom of her wardrobe. Maybe she would pull them out for herself some night. Just not this one. She had to get used to the idea first.

LedgerBlack Velvet Chemise : 1 SM x 20 x 1.5 = 30 SM = 3 GM

Turquoise Silk Chemise : 1 SM x 25 x 1.5 =37.5 SM = 3 GM 7 SM 5 CM

Undergarments lace, cotton, crimson : 1 SM x 1.25 x 4 x 1.5 = 7.5 SM = 7 SM 5 CM

Total = 7 GM 5 SM

Taurina
Lost in the Stars

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes