Solo Settling In

Some anxiety required

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Settling In

Postby Martini Elwood on September 3rd, 2018, 3:13 am

7th, Autumn, 518

Martini had only heard stories of Lhavit - the city of mountains was far more intriguing than her expectation. The winding path to the gates was fine. But the attempt to make it over the mountain peak to the next section of the city? Not so much. She could tell she’d only made her way to the gates because she had ridden the strange beast - the Okomo, she recalled. The kind old man had let her when she’d exhausted her own reserves at base of the trail.

It had strangely soft, oddly colored fur - though the horns were unique to her as well. That said - after introductions he’d directed her to the Cosmos Center. Hopefully she could get some answers and assistance there. Martini followed his pointed finger to the building after thanking him.

Upon entering there were a few people already inside buzzing about things she couldn’t hear. The building was a simple one - plain walls and quite a few desks seated around doors. Their were a few chairs for guests to sit in in case a wait was needed. Just then a peppy voice caught her attention.

“Can I help you with something?” Turning to back to the first desk she found a young woman not much older than herself beckoning her over. She inclined her head, the mop of brunette locks bobbing with her movements. She made her way over as she spoke.

“I’m in need of a place to stay… Also, how much would it be for a map?”

“Depending on how long you plan to stay I’d say your best bet is the solar winds - though if you’re looking for something more… elegant giving the Okomo Estates a look couldn’t hurt. Ah, maps would be two kina.”

“Um, Kina?”

“Sorry, I assumed you knew. Lhavit’s currency is measured in kina. I suppose you’re used to mizas then?” Martini hummed her acknowledgment. Doesn’t that mean my mizas are useless in the city..? She was about to speak up but the other woman continued. “No need to fret - You can have it exchanged here! Did you still want the map?”

“Yes, please.” Martini chatted for just a few chimes as she didn’t want to hold up the line tat was building. She didn’t ask a lot of questions as she figured that discovering things on her own couldn’t be too bad. Lhavit appeared peaceful - much like her first home. After thanking then woman Martini carefully inspected the map she’s gotten. According to it, she was a good distance away from the solar winds…

She had a long hike ahead of her.

Rewards/Consequences- 355GM 5SM 51CM
+ 355KI 5TK 51JK
- 2KI Map, City
TOTAL: 353KI 5TK 51JK
Last edited by Martini Elwood on October 7th, 2018, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3/3 Threads
If you are grading a thread I participated in I'd love feedback or improvement notes on the writing itself <3
Martini Elwood
Painting away Anguish

Words: 133955
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2017, 2:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Settling In

Postby Martini Elwood on September 6th, 2018, 12:53 pm

It was cool this autumn so the hike wasn't horrifying, but it was terrible. She had little stamina for things like this - she winded easily. And the hike up the peak was hard. If she had felt the need to exercise, certainly going to the Amaranthine Gates to the Solar Winds would be her first choice. She'd have to get used to it though, this was her home now.

She huffed airily, home. She'd had three of those - the first two didn't have quite the happy ending she has hoped for. Third times a charm, right? After she regained her breath, she took a sip from her waterskin. Martini tried her best not to seem to tired, but it was obvious the hike was getting to her.

She stood from her resting spot for what felt like the twentieth time before she unrolled the map clutched in her hand. She looked around her, but the building she was looking for didn't appear. So she was right, she had turned the wrong way before. Petch. Rolling the map back up, she turned to go back the way she came.

+++++

Martini found the building pretty easily after backtracking. She was aware she'd have to pay close attention to her map for the first few seasons, she knew she'd easily get lost if not.

Stepping into the buildings office she was quick to let out a relieved exhale. Martini did little but look around before her attention was called to a desk, where a male waited for her inquiry by clearing his throat. "Can I help you?"

"Oh, yes," Martini approached the desk quietly before speaking. "I'd like to rent a room, possibly something minimal? Nothing fancy is what I'm trying to say, I suppose."

"Mm, room three hundred ninety-four is yours. You'll find it to the end of the building. The furnishings are simple, but you're allowed to decorate as long as your decorations aren't permanent. You are just renting after all." The man handed her the key after filling out some paper work. She didn't stay longer than a quick thank you before heading to her apartment number.

She jogged to her apartment, wanting to be their as soon as she could. Once she was at her door she turned the key and pushed it open. It wasn't much, but it ad a odd beauty and feeling of coziness to it. There was canopy bed, and a few other furnishings she didn't bother to check - right now she needed to rest. Shrugging off her backpack, she placed on the ground before falling face first into her new bed.

A little soft and just the right amount of firmness. She could see herself sleeping on it - not that she would often - but the thought remained. It had been a stressful trip and all she wanted was to relax. Now that se had time to settle, she briefly wondered if the fog outside was normal. It wasn't too thick, but it was kind of... odd?

No matter, I need to get set up. Pushing herself up, she turned to the other furnishings. Their was a small desk - that were her work space would be. She pulled the cushioned chair over to it opened the chest. All her supplies would need to go there... Walking over to the door, she grabbed her backpack and began to empty it's contents one by one into the chest. Her commission journal came first, the her sketchbook. She sat the ink vials and her sketchbook on her desk, followed by some charcoal and her quills. She placed her toolkit in the chest for safe keeping.

Next was her toiletries and cosmetics and finally the small undergarments she brought along. One the backpack was empty, she shoved it under the bed before moving the chest next to it. She would need to make the space her own if she hoped to get any work done.
3/3 Threads
If you are grading a thread I participated in I'd love feedback or improvement notes on the writing itself <3
Martini Elwood
Painting away Anguish

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Settling In

Postby Martini Elwood on October 6th, 2018, 7:13 am

Tiredly, Martini pushed the last piece into place. With the room arranged to her liking, she slumped to her knees and huffed. Pushing the rebellious strands of hair from her face, she observed the room. With the bed behind her on the far wall, she looked over the couch on the opposite wall and smiled slightly. This room was her new home, the new studio and workplace... She would make it more her own later, right now she was exhausted. If not from rearranging the room then from the long trek to the room. She pulled herself on the bed, face first as she reveled in the plush fabric covering the mattress. She was quickly wrapped in her thoughts, soon followed by a sound sleep she desperately needed but not entirely wanted.

She was met with darkness, nothing but her hands as she looked around. She took a blind step forward, but something under her caved and down she went, a startled cry ripped from her lips as she managed to adjust her body enough to fall on her side and not her neck. She groaned, discombobulated and hurt as she felt her way to her feet. Whatever she grabbed was hard and rough, like wood she realized. Looking up, the white square above her beckoned her closer.

Again?

This dream again?

She knew what came next as her hands dipped into the crevice of her bag, which was beside her as she removed a charcoal stick.No. She stretched her arm and a line appearced on the dimly lit canvas. Not again. Power, wild and hot, ice through her veins and out of her finger tips. STOP. She could see something forming, but it - NO, STOP.

And like that it all faded and she woke up a sweaty mess tangled in the blankets, her eyes wide and afraid as she moved her eyes around the room. Where is it? It might have just appeared again, what if it followed her here? This was her respite, her only way to get away. Why, why was she doing this to herself, why where the gods so cruel..? Had she done something so immeasurably wrong? She ran a hand through her hair. Calm down, need to calm down. Taking in shaky breath, she exhaled but didn't close her eyes, fearful of what would await her when they opened again.

A trembling hand removed itself from her brown tresses and posed before her eyes as she flipped to her palm and to her hand, the feeling of... magic coursing through them made her sick. Martini knew it was magic, she just did. It was a searing ice in her veins that emptied at the tip of her finger tips and she hated it. What had she done...

"Enough, I've had enough..." She sobbed, rubbing at her dry eyes. She was cried out, not tears left to shed. What more could she offer other than broken sobs and hiccups full of anguish? And her mother and father? What of their deaths by the wild djed? Was that not enough to appease her need to know everything? Laying back on the bed, she resolved to simply stare at the ceiling. Of course running away wouldn't be easy...

New Layout :
3/3 Threads
Martini Elwood
Painting away Anguish

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Settling In

Postby Madeira Dusk on October 26th, 2018, 10:12 pm

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Martini Elwood

Skills
  • Observation: 2xp
  • Land Navigation: 2xp
  • Socialization: 2xp
  • Endurance: 1xp
  • Planning: 1xp
  • Organization: 1xp

Lores
  • Lore of the Okomo
  • Lhavit: uses Kina currency
  • Land Navigation: reading a city map

Awards & Retribution
+Lhavit City Map: -2ki

Notes
A rough welcome home for our wandering artist! :(
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)