Closed In Honor? (Zach)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

In Honor? (Zach)

Postby Mauriel on September 21st, 2018, 9:27 pm

22nd, Fall, 518 AV

One would expect Mauriel to be working the night shift during The Moon Festival, but she pleaded with her bosses and colleagues to exchange shifts so that she could enjoy her first Moon Festival among the mortals. While trying to sing in Leth's glory and making everyone's night brighter was important, she felt a little selfish at this time and wanted some time for herself, to explore the local customs, go pray, spend some time simply thinking. And, beyond all, it felt very right to do it that way.

That meant she worked in her Akvatari form today, which was unfortunately not very flattering in her new velvet dressnote for mods: yet to be claimed from the fashion challenge, sorry, waiting for seasonal wage confirmation so I could afford it, pic: Image. It was a pure bargain, and she loved its colors, deep dark blue of the night's sky, with silver embroidery in the color of the moon and stars. It was the perfect decor for her nightly form, but was somewhat stretched and awkward on her during the day, having to make space for her wings at the back and her tail being wider than her waist as an Ethaefal. The dress obliged however, and she promised herself not to risk damaging it like this again. She just wanted to wear it to the Festival too much.

It was with a sigh of relief that her form changed, both because she was very excited to go out and explore the celebrations, because she was glad to put no more pressure on her dress, and because her fingers were starting to ache from the lute she'd been playing for hours now. The guests were quite happy with her transformation, finding it symbolic of the whole event apparently, so she indulged them with one more song before leaving, throwing an apologetic smile to the bard who was supposed to take her place in the night shift. Being an Ethaefal could be an asset in this city in many ways, and she did not take that for granted.

She offered her guests a bow, before waving goodbye at Aleah, a smile a tad too goofy and excited decorating her face.

Mauriel
Shining On

Words: 167162
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2014, 12:45 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)

In Honor? (Zach)

Postby Zach Grasswind on September 21st, 2018, 10:45 pm

As the season had switched from Summer to Fall, Zach had found himself growing more accustomed to Lhavit and it's various quirks. Perhaps it was the sudden disappearance of the oppressive fog that had blanketed everything since his arrival, but the Drykas now looked at the shimmering city with appreciative eyes, rather than ones clouded in the sorrow of his past. He still wasn't all that keen on the forests that provided the resource for his income, but the city itself was definitely growing on him.

He had spent the day meandering through the streets, filling his eyes with the structures around him. With the sunlight now bathing Lahvit fully, the skyglass truly was a thing of wonder. He recalled an Ethaefal, Mauriel, had once told him that Lhavit had been made from the stars themselves. The hunter was not entirely sure how true that statement was, but he could at least now understand why one might think so.

Aside from his random wanderings, Zach had actually set out with a purpose, one he had thankfully succeeded at. The denizens of Lhavit had been excitedly murmuring for a while now about a Moon Festival, an event he had learned came round once per year in the Fall. The Drykas had decided he would attend the festival in the hopes that it would help the city feel more familiar to him, more like a proper home. And so his task had been to find a shirt in a colour he deemed a little more appropriate for the occasion. Zach entered the evening sporting a deep, midnight-blue number, collar unbuttoned and the long sleeves rolled up.

As the night had drawn closer, Zach had found himself heading in the direction of the Scholar's Demise. His pondering on skyglass and the general feel of the evening had reminded him of Mauriel, and so he thought he might grab a drink before he joined the festivities proper. However, as he drew near, a vaguely familiar figure exited the premises.

Her horns were no longer green, but now yellow, and her hair had also taken on a golden hue. Her face was the same though, and he recognised her delicate features. Zach walked toward her, waving to catch her attention as he approached. "Mauriel!" Zach gave her a smile. "I was coming to hear you sing. Are you off to the festival? I was going to head there after, well..." He motioned to the door behind the Ethaefal. "Would you like to go together?"

The Drykas was never one for subtlety, and didn't think that he might have been presumptuous in interrupting her evening plans. If he saw potential for a relationship of any sort with a person, he'd always seek out an opportunity to grow it. If Mauriel accepted his invitation, Zach would motion with his arm for her to lead the way, and he would then join her to wind their way down to the main festivities.

+494
Zach Grasswind
What’s a tree?

Words: 193110
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2018, 12:56 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

In Honor? (Zach)

Postby Mauriel on September 21st, 2018, 11:24 pm

As she exited the premises, one smile transitioned into another, as her goodbye to Aleah became a hello to a man who was once her customer. "Zach, was it?" she met the mention of her name with the one of his own. He announced his arrival with flattery, just like the last time, although this time through actions rather than praises, and Mauriel's heart was throbbing with conflicting feelings of disgust and happiness. She felt as unworthy of it as the last time she received his attention, but nonetheless she couldn't help welcoming and enjoying it at the same time.

While her plan was a quiet alone evening in crowds, trying to absorb the atmosphere without being truly a part of it, she was aware that that was the way strangers and tourists enjoyed a city. And enjoying it with someone was indeed an offer of making it feel more like home, a rather dangerous offer in her book. Yet perhaps that was exactly what she needed right now. While lone introspection can be immensely useful, it can also become convoluted and start going in loops, and since her arrival to Lhavit she's hardly felt like she's had any friends. Normal ones at least, those she didn't bond with over dark wounds and unconsensual glimpses into each other's vulnerability. On a normal day, perhaps she'd run away from such an offer, but today she was strongly reminded of Leth's will, and she felt like it definitely wouldn't be to stay in your comfort zone, recapitulating long-decided conclusions and goals, and feeling wise about it.

"Well, our clothes match, so do I really have any choice?" she said in response to the invite, referring to the color of his shirt. "I thought I'd go around Zintia for a while, see the celebrations and the customs, drop by The Temple of the Moon to pray, and then go and find some place that's as high and as poorly lit as possible to watch the sky from. Sound good to you?" She was already going in the vague direction of the center of Zintia, the streets becoming better lit with every step, many colorful candles and lanterns surrounding them.

When they exchanged their plans for the evening, she'd comment on what's been going on through her head in the meantime. "Really rather an unfortunate way to celebrate Leth with all of these lights in my opinion. They prevent His light from making the city shine, like it usually does. But then again, it doesn't really matter, I suppose. The point is in what you do with the time." She continuously had to remind herself that her devotion to Leth was taking a rather ugly form, one that the God himself would probably despise. Judgmental attitudes, focus on unimportant details, and endless idealizing gratitude were not something he appreciated. And yet, despite knowing that rationally, she had nothing else but the idea of Him to hold on to. She's denigrated herself too much to have any conception of the future successes she dreamed of that didn't lie solely in her wish to make the best of what He's given her. "I'm sorry if I seem lost in thought. That's because I am. Because I may be saying stupid things."

Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

In Honor? (Zach)

Postby Zach Grasswind on September 22nd, 2018, 9:19 pm

The smile winding over the Drykas' mouth grew a little wider as he heard his name, and he inclined his head slightly to confirm that Mauriel had it correct. He chuckled lightly at her next words, eyes flitting down to take in the dress she had referred to. It was very pretty, and suited her Ethaefal form rather well. Zach was most definitely not one to pay any attention to fashion, but he could appreciate when others looked the part. "It is a pretty dress, you look nice." The hunter would definitely need to work on his complimenting skills.

"You changed your..." His gaze slid up to the spiralling horns atop the woman's head. "...hair too."
Zach listened attentively to Mauriel's planned itinerary for the evening. He had never been one for actively praying, but he supposed that if he would ever do such a thing then tonight would be a rather apt time for it. In any case it would give him a chance to visit and appreciate the Temple of the Moon. He gave the Ethaefal a smile and a nod, turning to fall into step beside her as they started to wind their way down into the centre of the Peak.
"That sounds great, I was just going to wander aimlessly otherwise!"

He watched Mauriel out of the corner of his eye as they went, listening to her comments on the festivities. The Drykas was certainly unfamiliar with festivals such as this, but he figured that as it was a celebration then the activities seemed good enough. "Would the lanterns at night not be a reflection of the stars and the light of the moon?" At least that was how he understood it if he really thought about it. Before the Ethaefal's comments Zach had figured that the citizens lit the lanterns so they wouldn't trip in the dark.

He peered up at the sky, noticing what Mauriel had meant by her words. The usually star scattered expanse glowed with a slight orange hue, the stars less visible than they would otherwise be. He flicked his gaze back to Mauriel as she spoke again. "It's okay. I guess tonight is a pretty important occasion for you." She had told him that she was an Ethaefal of Leth, assuming the beautiful form that now walked beside him at night. He would have been surprised if she had not had an opinion on the festivities. "I heard that Aysel will be here? I wonder what he's like. Do you want to see if we can meet him?" Zach still knew very little about Mauriel, but she was the one who had first told him of the Ethaefal male.

The pair passed a vendor selling small, sweet cakes and Zach stopped to purchase a couple. After handing over the coin, he turned and presented one of the cakes to Mauriel with a warm smile. The Drykas made quick work of his own cake, licking the crumbs off his fingers with relish. He then remembered something that she had told him the last time they had met. Oh, have I mentioned that us of Leth feed on moonlight? "Wait... do you... eat?" The befuddled expression on the hunters face would be enough to make a passerby chuckle.

Zach cast his gaze over the mass of people gathered in the streets around them. "Did you want to light some candles?" He remembered her earlier comments and hastily added a second option. "Or we can head over to the Temple?"

+587
Zach Grasswind
What’s a tree?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

In Honor? (Zach)

Postby Mauriel on September 22nd, 2018, 10:04 pm

Mauriel chuckled at the compliment he tried to give, though it made her genuinely happy to hear that she didn't spend all the kina for nothing. "Thank you!" Although, worth reiterating, she got it so cheap compared to what it should have been. His attention seemed to turn to her head, and she began to feel like he was sizing her up. Though the change must have been noticeable. "Oh, this?" she said pointing up at her head like an idiot. "I was surprised myself! They apparently change with seasons and so does the hair. Apparently the hair will be either white or silver in the winter, and horns either black or violet. Can't wait to find out!" She couldn't remember whether she told him that it was her first year in this world, but she didn't care to emphasize it after all if he had not pieced it together.

She saw him think about her comment, and he explained the symbolism of it. "I'm aware of the idea, I suppose it's just not to my preference. But Leth is not just a God of the moon, he's also a God of reflection and change, and perhaps it is not that bad to remove the people's attention from the sky and have them focus on themselves." He tried to excuse what she said, but she gently rejected his excuses. "Whichever the case, I shouldn't judge so harshly without a good reason, especially not without thinking it through."

She was grateful for the change of topic when Aysel was mentioned, as the tone was getting a tad too serious for her liking in the current context. "Oh, really? That'd be great, I still didn't have the pleasure! But how should we find him? I have no idea what he looks like or where he'd go."

When gifted a cake she thanked him and inhaled the sweet warm scent it was radiating. It felt nice and warm on her hands. She thought that this encounter has been feeling more and more like a date and wondered if she minded. Zach was very handsome and considerate and seemed patient for her mild mood changes and random apologies. Thinking about him in that manner certainly excited her, though he still felt like a stranger to her. Oddly enough, that's what made it comfortable. Were they closer, perhaps had he finished the story he started at the bar that night when she left him for work almost mid-sentence, she probably would have been afraid to engage like this. She did not want to allow herself to get tied down, not for all of polite not-technically-Drykas muscle of this world.

She took a bite of the cake in response to his question, offering a goofy smile while she paused the conversation for chewing. "We don't need to, but we can. It's still majorly tasty. Thank you for getting it!"

As he suggested they light candles, she was rethinking her earlier statement again. It didn't really matter after all, and he seemed to want to do it. She was somewhat annoyed that he'd walk on eggshells around her like that if he wanted to do it anyway, though she knew that in another mood she'd greatly appreciate such gesture. "Let's go and light some, what the heck."

Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

In Honor? (Zach)

Postby Zach Grasswind on September 23rd, 2018, 3:28 pm

Zach listened to Mauriel explain her view on the festival, and the symbolism of Leth. The Moon God was not one that the Drykas was familiar with from his time in Endrykas, and he had just assumed that the moon sort of represented itself. Hearing her speak of change and of reflection, Zach had the feeling that the celebration might end up meaning more to him than he had intended. He glanced over at Mauriel. "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion." The hunter offered a small smile. "Even if it turns out you want to change it later, it doesn't mean that you can't think it." He did understand what she was saying, but he also knew that it was natural to judge immediately.

Zach smiled again as Mauriel's tone changed, the woman clearly becoming a little more excited at the prospect of meeting Aysel. He lightly shrugged a shoulder. "I've never met him either. I only know about him because you told me! I wouldn't have paid any attention to the comments I heard otherwise." There were a good few Ethaefal milling around, horns glinting in various shades of yellow easy enough to pick out in the crowds. "I'm sure lots of people are looking out for him, we'll probably see him at some point."

A warm chuckle left Zach as Mauriel grinned in between bites of cake. "No problem!" The cakes were far too small for his liking however, and he turned to purchase another two. Again, he offered one to the woman, but he would happily eat them both if she declined. "I sort of thought you were joking when you said that to me before." The Drykas stuffed most of the cake into his mouth and chewed before continuing. "Do you just... absorb it like plants do with sun?"

He watched her curiously, almost as if he was trying to see it happening, and then realised he had been half-staring at her head. "Sorry. I need to stop asking ridiculous questions." Zach wasn't a particularly complicated person. What you saw what what you got, and he was never one to lace his words with hidden meanings. He sometimes forgot that other people weren't quite as straightforward as he.

He was pleasantly surprised when Mauriel agreed to light some candles with him. Perhaps being in the middle of the festival had started to make her think differently. Zach could definitely feel a change in the atmosphere as people around them started to loosen up from their busy days and start enjoying themselves. He led her over to a cluster of people handing out candles and selected a couple that he liked. Zach waited for Mauriel to do the same and then they headed off to find somewhere to put them.

Inadvertently heading in the direction of the Moon Temple, Zach found a spot where there were a few gaps in the candles lining the streets. He knelt down, touching the wick onto a flame that was already burning. Once the candle had sparked, a tiny flame blooming from the top, he carefully set it on the ground. He looked over to Mauriel, watching her with her own candles. "So... how do you like Lhavit so far? Have you collected any more stories?" Zach was usually pretty good at holding conversation, but there was something different about Mauriel that he couldn't read and as a result he wasn't sure quite what subjects he should broach.

+578
Zach Grasswind
What’s a tree?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

In Honor? (Zach)

Postby Mauriel on September 23rd, 2018, 6:56 pm

Mauriel just shrugged off his comments about her opinion. Perhaps he was right. But she still felt responsible for what she says, particularly about Leth, as such comments could drive people away from the deity because of her misrepresentation. But there was really no harm done here, Zach didn't seem to particularly care and dissecting this seemed to intrigue him a bit, so perhaps all came out well after all.

Since he mentioned Aysel her gaze has been caught by every glint of a golden horn, but she thought the may have seen him multiple times already without recognizing him. Soon enough she stopped, figuring they'll either recognize him by the crowd around him or they won't at all. "Funnily enough, we might have already seen him for all we know."

Mauriel wanted to ask Zach about what he talked about back in Scholar's Demise, about the Drykas and his Strider and what led him here. But she felt it was neither place nor time, cheerful crowds and glistening lights surrounding them, along with the smell of food and flowers and perfumes. There will be time, later. Now she tried to hold a casual conversation, trying not to deviate too far from the mundane. Well, nothing about Ethaefals could really be called mundane, but they certainly talked in a tone that made it out to be. She laughed at him yet again when he posed his question. Was she like a flower? Perhaps in a way. "You need to stop apologizing for asking questions, Zach. Either quit asking people silly things or own it," she said, in a slightly mocking tone, though she was trying to be light-hearted. "And I suppose you could say so, it does seem to work like a plant. Although only at night for me, during the day I am like any other normal Akvatari."

Upon noticing him heading for another two cakes, Mauriel would come with and insist to pay. Since her recent patronage, she was relatively well off, and felt a bit bad over having someone she hardly knew buy her stuff. She'd note that she didn't actually want another one, as she didn't feel hungry, but would pay for both if he wanted them.

When they run into people with candles, she just took a couple at random pretty much, not particularly caring for their color or style. She squatted carefully besides Zach when he decided to light his own candles, and lit the two that she picked up, also spending some time holding their bottom side to the flame to melt the wax so they'd be more stable. One started burning up from the other side, prompting her to blow off the flame. "All this fire makes the atmosphere so cozy. I swear I even feel like it's a bit warmer out here." The weather was, of course, chilly. Summer wasn't very warm in the first place, though that might have partly been due to the fog, but ever since the Watchtower signaled the beginning of Autumn it has been increasingly colder.

She smiled at the question about the city. Lhavit has been quite a ride. Between her work, the library, people she's been meeting, everyone's kindness, and almost getting murdered, she has had quite the experience. "Let's say the city is nowhere as boring as it sounds," she replied. "And I have picked up some stories from local bards, but haven't scoured the library too much for historical content since then." She looked at him as they were walking. She already noticed they were going in the vague direction of Shinyama Peak, and was satisfied with that turn of events. While they have hardly spent time around the main festivities, the temptation to start drinking has started creeping up on the Ethaefal, and alcohol being left and right was not helping.

"What about you? What do you do for a living? Has Lhavit been kind to you? I sometimes think I'm very lucky to be an Ethaefal here."

Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

In Honor? (Zach)

Postby Zach Grasswind on September 30th, 2018, 11:25 am

Zach was pleased to hear laughter from Mauriel at what he had thought to be a rather ridiculous, and perhaps slightly rude, question. His mouth stretched into a grin at her response. "Hm, well, silly questions it shall be!" He chuckled. "You can be a night plant then, like those ones that grow in Alheas Park. Have you seen them before? They glow, a bit like you do." The Drykas wasn't entirely sure that the Ethaefal actually glowed, but it certainly seemed like she did, with her opalescent skin and shining horns.

He tried to shake off her offer of payment for the two subsequent cakes, especially as she didn't want one herself, but he wouldn't be pushy if she was insistent. The cakes were delicious, easily the best thing he'd eaten all day, and with his appetite he could probably go for a few more. But of course he was with company and decided it was probably best not to.

Zach watched curiously as Mauriel proceeded to melt the bottom of her candles first before lighting the wicks at the top. He nodded at her comments, the soft orange glow from the hundreds of candles lining the path were definitely giving the illusion of warm crackling fires. Even though Zach had his shirt sleeves rolled up, he didn't feel the chill at all. Perhaps it was because he was used to being outside all of the time, or maybe it was the atmosphere.

He chuckled lightly at her comment, the sound as warm as the flames surrounding them. "I agree with you there, it's certainly not boring here." Zach too had expected Lhavit to be quiet and slow, being so isolated up in the mountains. It was anything but. He flicked his gaze over to her. "Anything interesting?" Zach had very little experience with bard tales, Mauriel's were the only ones he had heard, but he had always enjoyed hearing stories as they were part of the Drykas culture.

As they walked, the Temple of the Moon slowly came into view, the shimmering blue structure standing proud atop the Shinyama Peak. "I'm a hunter, I work for the Jugged Hare at the moment." Zach glanced off into the distance, in the direction of the thick forests that lined the mountainsides. "It's been a challenge to get used to this place, it's so different from where I used to live. But... yeah I'd say Lhavit's been good." He smiled at Mauriel. "It kinda seems perfect for you though! There must be a lot of people for you to talk to about, what did you call it...? Falling? I'm sure they can help you a lot. If you need it that is." The whole being of Mauriel was still somewhat of a mystery to the Drykas, but he was getting used to the natures of the Ethaefal in general.

Soon enough the Temple was right in front of them, and Zach paused. "I've never been in a Temple before..." He glanced sidelong at Mauriel. "What are we supposed to do?"

ooc :
Sorry for the delay, I got sick this week :(
Zach Grasswind
What’s a tree?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

In Honor? (Zach)

Postby Mauriel on October 6th, 2018, 3:00 pm

"I've never been to Aleah's park, where is that? I still have so much of this city to see!" She stopped to actually consider what he had said. "Wait, do they really glow in the dark?" The first question was quickly followed by the second one. "Wait, do I look like I do?" She raised her hand to look at it. Of course she took note of the gentle shimmer her skin produced in the moonlight, but she never looked at it as quite a glow, more of a slight reflection. But perhaps it was exactly as the moon, glowing in reflective light.

"I actually did hear a story I really liked," she said. She had no idea what kind of information or stories Zach would like, so she just went with the one she herself enjoyed. She thought she might as well tell him as they walked, as the story was rather short.

"Once upon a time, here in Lhavit, a young nobleman grew to be of the marrying age. His parents were not a true nobility, but were very rich. He had no maiden in mind, and his parents did not want to force anything upon him for material gain, so they decided to host balls where he could meet young women of the city and perhaps take a liking to some of them."

"Around the midnight rest, he would leave the event to go take a walk in the Unforgiving, for he liked to hunt and was a mage who could defend himself. The moonlight and the shadows would play with his mind, the beautiful serenity also being the dash of a deadly creature, fear and peace intertwined interestingly."

"Coming up to a small clearing, he would think for a moment that he saw a ghost of a beautiful maiden, embroidered of light before him. For a moment he thought his mind was still playing tricks on him, but the beauty moved gently towards him, preserving its shape. She told him that she wanted to attend his ball, but could not due to her immaterial nature. Taking quite a liking to her, he reached for her hand, but she pulled back and disappeared in front of him."

"He left the ball the next night as well to go look for her, and soon enough he found her. They talked and walked together for a while, and she seemed to somehow become more real with each one of his gentle looks and kind words. Night after night, they met in the Unforgiving, until one day he encountered her as a maiden like any other, though her physical form retained the ethereal beauty she had as a ghost."

"He finally proposed to her, asking her to come with him into the city and be his wife. She agreed, but made him swear an oath to always love her and be loyal to her, for it was his love that materialized her, and his love was what kept her alive. He swore on it without second thoughts, and so they came back to the city and married. They celebrated for days, and enjoyed themselves together for years to come."

"Years later, the man's father died, and a large part of the city gathered on the funeral, among them a young redhead woman, attractive and fierce, and with an obvious soft spot for the man. He stole glance after glance, not even noticing that his beautiful wife started fading away with each one. She faded until finally disappearing, leaving but a pile of clothes behind her. He went ahead and married the redhead, but had quickly realized his mistake. She was clearly after his kina, soon enough making demands and causing him grief. Upon seeing her true nature, he divorced her and started going into the Unforgiving every night, looking for his beloved."

"But she never came back."

"Some say that he still wanders the Unforgiving as a ghost, looking for her, for he could not forgive himself even in death, and lingered on to find her."

Mauriel did not know what about the story attracted her so much, for it was very short and simple, and if it had some very deep meanings beyond the obvious, they went over the Ethaefal's head. The tragedy of it all was just so alluring, and she liked believing that the man's ghost lived on in the Unforgiving, despite knowing it was probably just a local tale.

She listened to Zach's comments about Lhavit and his work for the brief time they had left before getting to The Temple. A hunter! That was rather convenient. "Yeah, Lhavit has been really great. There aren't that many Ethaefal that I know of, but you must have noticed Aleah at Scholar's Demise, the bartender, she is also one of Leth's, and her husband Roric is a fallen of Syna. They have been really frielndly and helpful to me, and so have the priestesses at The Temple." However, his occupation was what interested her more right now. "You say you're a hunter, yes? I was actually looking to learn my way around the wilds if however possible. Would you care to teach me?" She was not particularly interested in being an expert hunter, for she had little need for food, but it would come in handy to know at least the basics. She might need some meat despite the moonlight, given how draining journeys in the wilderness might sometimes be, and beyond that she was sure one had to learn a lot about the creatures they were hunting, which could surely be helpful with fending them off or fighting them as well, if it came to that.

When they reached The Temple, Mauriel was glad to help, though there was not much to say. "There's a pool of water inside that you mustn't touch. Other than that, you may look around, pray, or not, whatever you prefer. Leth might care about your struggles to change and improve, or your gratitude for change he inspired." She paused, proceeding to whisper. "Oh, and if you encounter a pale priestess with weird eye color and fangs, don't ask her what she is," a mocking tone escaped her again. Her companion seemed to have a habit of doing so, but with a Symenestra priestess it could prove to be quite awkward. Perhaps she'll tell him about her later, if he asks.

She entered first, slightly disappointed at the fact that the temple was full of visitors. So much so that it was hard to see the pool of shimmering water in the middle, under the large dome crowning it. She should be happy for so many to show interest and devotion to Leth, but she was again selfishly possessive and judgmental. She took a position where she thought she could see the moon reflected in the surface of the water, the moon but in it the strength of change, progress, and evolution. Thank you, she thought simply. Thank you for taking me to be with you, thank you for casting me back to give me another chance, thank you for being a part of my life and driving me to reflect, for humbling me before you and before my fellow mortals whom I keep underestimating. She did not know this was what she would try to say to Leth, it just came bursting out upon seeing his reflection in the still water before her. She was not aware that she became so much more optimistic and happy about her existence here, despite her gnawing fears and insecurities. I'll try and thank you by making use of it all. She had completely forgotten about her companion for the time being, though she was careful not to lose him in the crowd at the back of her mind.

OOC :
Right back at you, sorry for the delay, had a tooth extraction and got wrapped up in various things.

Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

In Honor? (Zach)

Postby Ambrosia Alar on January 2nd, 2020, 3:36 pm

Grades!

Mauriel

Skills
● Logic +2
● Negotiation +1
● Observation +2
● Planning +3
● Rhetoric +2
● Socialization + 4
● Storytelling +1

Lores
● Akvatari Form: Clothing fits differently
● The Moon Festival: A time for reflection and change
● Ethaefal Transformation: Symbolic of the Moon Festival
● Spending an evening out with others makes a place feel more like home
● Ethaefal: Change hair and horn color seasonally
● Leth Ethaefal: Feed on moonlight
● Logic: Popular people draw a crowd
● Socialization: Knowing when to broach a subject
● Soften the bottom of a candle to make it more stable
● Lhavit Location (Shinyama Peak): The Temple of the Moon
● Lhavit Location (Zintia Peak): The Scholar's Demise
● Zach: A hunter for the Jugged Hare
● Story: The ghost in the Unforgiving
● The Temple of the Moon: Don't touch the reflecting pool

Zach

Skills
● Observation +4
● Planning +1
● Rhetoric +2
● Seduction +2
● Socialization +4

Lores
● The Moon Festival: A once a year celebration in fall
● Mauriel: Horns are yellow in the fall
● Socialization: Inviting an acquaintance to a party
● Seduction: Paying another a compliment
● Ethaefal: Change hair and horn colors seasonally
● The Moon Festival: A time for reflection and change
● Socialization: Buying food for another is a nice gesture
● Lhavit Location (Shinyama Peak): The Temple of the Moon
● Employment: A hunter for the Jugged Hare
● Story: The ghost in the Unforgiving
● The Temple of the Moon: Don't touch the reflecting pool

Comments

A nice social thread. It would have been fun to see where this went. Zach, I'll always feel new to grading, so if you feel I've missed anything or would like lore phrased differently, just let me know. The same goes for you, Mauriel, if you return. Please remember to mark your request as graded.
Ambrosia Alar
"The kid's got smiles for days."

Words: 242735
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2014, 2:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Mentor (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Donor (1)