Gift Giving

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Gift Giving

Postby Ixzo on August 12th, 2016, 5:16 pm

16th of Summer, 516AV

A diurnal schedule was only helpful when one could see clearly in the dark. Even so, it wasn't as if she needed to. Priskil gifted her with the ability to enhance any light, or create her own glow. For someone who could see in the dark, why did everything around her glow? Ixzo's thought were wandering, a common habit of hers, but at least her hands were busy. She was cutting roots into chunks and adding them to the crock pot. She wasn't very good at anything else, but at least she could cook.

It wasn't anything special, she had been overly generous this season, at least by her standards. She had spent time with her new Pavilion, even attempted to cook for them, which went horribly as usual. And now she was going out of her way to make sure her Ankal and Pavilion were set. My Ankal. Despite being foreign, the words were unsettling in her mind. She was no Drykas, and odds were strong that she never would be. And yet she followed the ways of these strange people, so much so she had joined a Pavilion. Ixzo grimaced, what would her mother think? Surely her mother could not disapprove, if she knew it was a bondmate that kept her here. Surely.

Once all the roots were in, the lentils followed. The sun would be rising soon, and the rest of her Pavilion would be waking when she could ask them for help. It would have been vastly more vindicating if she could have gone to buy and bring home her present on her own, but Ixzo doubted it would be a very good present to have to take care of her once being trampled by two full grown horses put her in bed for a moon.

Still, since all moving into together, there had been some strains to adjust to. The first being that Rufio was used to a full grown night lion slumbering beside her, but the rest were not so used to it. Ixzo didn't have a problem sleeping in her human form, but the restricting clothes made sleeping a little harder. This and the sudden fact that with five other people, came five more people's worth of things. Ixzo had acquired a cart and an ox for her, Iollu, and Rufio, but it was not enough for all the rest. Today, she was going to fix that second problem.

The lioness had done her research, as carefully as possible, and discovered a type of horse called a Seme. Of course they all looked the same to her, skittish and unnecessarily powerful prey, but she had learned these particular beasts were used for 'Driving'.

"Jasmine!" Her thoughts were interrupted at the sight of her blonde Pavilion-sister. She might not know much or care about horses, but Jasmine surely would, and she would know how to lead them back to the camp. Happy morning! Ixzo signed to her when she caught her attention, the rising sun coming up behind her and setting a glow to her friend's light braids. Request. "I need help." Secret. She brought a finger up to touch it to her lips, glancing back around the camp, the others were still asleep inside the tent.

Myrian | Pavi "Speech" Sign | Common | PC/NPC "Speech" Sign
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Gift Giving

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on August 13th, 2016, 4:20 am

Jasmine turned over in her bed mat sighing her sleep . At least till Haven thought it time for her to arise. The big pup ran over and started licking all over the blonde's face. The woman had gotten on to the female about barking in the mornings enough that waking up to a tongue all over her face was the next option. Groaning the woman hid her face not wanting to get up yet. Opening her eyes some as they were hidden in the pillow it helped when Syna was awake. Sitting up the woman rubbed her eyes some trying to force her brain to wake up. Walking over to her pack the woman brushed out her hair and tied it into a braid . Sighing gently the woman dug through her chest and found a breast wrap and the other pair of pants she has. The chest wrap would have to do till she grabbed all the laundry around the pavilion and went to the river.

After putting on the wrap she walked out of the tent still rubbing her eyes. Syna had just began to arise as well. Yawning the woman grabbed a basket and began to fill it with clothes. Humming she slipped into different empty tents getting the clothes. Some made her crinkle at the smell. Shuddering the blonde heard her name being called. Turning to look the woman smiled and walked over to Ixzo.

“Good morning. Do you and Rufio have any dirty laundry?” Jasmine asked and was surprised to hear her speak of a secret.

Shrugging the blonde put down the basket beside their tent away from the door so as to not wake Rufio. With a smile the woman looked at the other happy to help.

“Sure, let me grab a loose shirt and I will be ready,” Jasmine said and hurried into her tent grabbing a loose short shirt and slipping it on.
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Gift Giving

Postby Ixzo on August 18th, 2016, 1:10 am

"No need," Ixzo tried to wave off, before remembering the Drykas liked much more of the restricting clothing than she did, Ixzo didn't even wear shoes. Still, she waited patiently for her friend, the heavy coin purse in her hand. A nervous grin flashed at Jasmine's return, and Ixzo waved in the direction she wanted to walk.

"Do you know of Seme?" Horse. She signed while asking the blonde, adjusting her lengthy stride to the shorter one so that she could sign clearly. Once getting confirmation, Ixzo continued carefully. She was fairly understandable in this language, and getting much better with her signs, but she still wanted to make sure she was safely venturing onto new topics with these new words. "I see we all live now as one." Pavilion, together. She spoke around words she didn't know, signing as she did so.

"I use Oxen to pull me an' Rufio's… carry." Items, things. "So I thinks we," Pavilion, "Need more for pulling."Large horses, carry items. She eyed the Drykas out of the corner of her eyes as she usually did, hesitating with her words when confusion crossed her features, and continuing on when it cleared. She paused, waiting for Jasmine to ask for clarification or to nod, and glanced ahead. It was not too long of a walk to get to the Steed and Yvas Pavilion. If the entire city did not smell so strongly of horses, Ixzo would have claimed she could smell it already, but instead the Kelvic found herself relying on sight to find when it was close. No doubt Jasmine had figured out their direction, either by her words or her gate, so they continued on towards the large tent with a leisure pace as Jasmine replied.

"I want to get Seme for Azmere." A gift. She explained as the destination came into view. As a thank you. She thought, but did not speak it out loud. She had spent enough time with Jasmine that the Drykas surely understood why Ixzo needed her along, and avoid getting trampled by nervous beasts.

Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Gift Giving

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on August 21st, 2016, 10:34 pm

Jasmine

Jasmine walked beside the woman seeing her nervousness. Surprised by the sudden question about horses the blonde had to think for a moment. The breed sounded very familiar as strong work horses often seen pulling wagons loaded down with supplies. Tucking her blonde bangs behind her ear the girl watched her.

“Yes, I know of them. Most pavilions use them to pull wagons when they move. They are also good to get young children and new riders used to not just the everyday care of the animals, but they are used to help new riders young and old learn the basics. I have seen many little ones riding on Semes before ever bonding to a strider,” Jasmine explained while walking.

Jasmine smiled happy to help Ixzo. The bubbly blonde found herself becoming serious when talking about the animals, and their different behaviors. Shaking out what blonde tresses where falling down around her shoulders the woman continued to walk with Ixzo. The scent of horses made the girl sigh, she had always had a soft spot for the big beasts.

“He would really appreciate that. I've been meaning to get us all a covered wagon,” Jasmine said with a smile as the pair finally arrived at the tent.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Gift Giving

Postby Ixzo on August 22nd, 2016, 3:46 am

Ixzo quickly took that information into account, not at all surprised the Dryaks knew more about horses than she did. Even if she could get near the beasts, Ixzo didn't really have an interest in them. When she had first gotten to Endrykas, bone thin and too primal to fit into society again, she'd seen their precious mounts as an easy meal. There were so many, surely none would mind if one went missing? Only she was far too wrong, and thankful she had never tried for the easy meal. Instead she'd worked her way to the easy comfortable life she held now, and she did it the very hard way. Now the Kelvic saw them as a nuisance, and had little idea why the humans who lived here loved them so much. So they were fast and strong, so what? Zibri were strong and the grassland cats were fast, and neither were so precious as these dumb beasts.

Either way, it didn't matter to her, all she knew is that it was time to give back. Even though she considered Jasmine a friend, Ixzo rarely saw eye to eye with the foreigner. She rarely saw eye to eye with any of them, so it was nothing that bothered Ixzo, yet she was content that both seemed to agree on the idea of giving back, if not for any reason other than to do so.

"Also me." She agreed, nodding as the ducked into the excessively large tent of Steeds and Yves, and was immediately overwhelmed. Her coinpurse felt heavy but her head felt light. Perhaps walking into a place such as this was not the keenest idea for her of all people. The wind from the entrance whipped forward and two stallions closest to the front perked their ears up, nostrils flaring and eyes so wide she could actually see the whites in them. They were trapped in a temporary enclosure, like the stables she had glimpsed in Kenash, rather than free or tied by a single rope as most horses out here were. Even as a cat who could not compare in any way to such beasts, she felt pity for them. Even more so now that they were so clearly spooked by her presence.

Nope. Her fingers curved around the soft sign, immediately ducking back out of the tent, unsure if Jasmine would continue on or come out with her, unsure if the woman had even noticed the suddenly tense atmosphere. Perhaps she could get one of the sellers of the horses to speak with them outside of the tent, where she did not so obviously spook their product.

Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Gift Giving

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on August 27th, 2016, 12:02 am

Jasmine walked into the tent gently patting a couple of the horses on the side of the neck. The sudden start of the horses made the blonde turn. Spotting Ixzo stepping back out the woman held up a hand before disappearing. Finding Atticus Rin Jasmine got him to come out and speak with Ixzo.

“Sorry it took me so long,” Jasmine said to the woman before turning to him, “Atticus this is Ixzo a good friend of mine. I was hoping that we could inquire about two Seme horses and a covered wagon.”

The blonde said looking to the man waiting for his answer. Blue eyes took in the appearance of him, the long seemingly unkept braids of orange hair, a nose ring, and the leather necklaces were the first thing she saw. Turning her eyes back up him with a soft smile.

“Ah yes of course Jasmine. I had many great dealings with your grandfather Thrash. I am sorry for you lose dear. Come come I have just the wagon and horses for you,” Atticus said and motioned the pair to follow.

Looking at Ixzo the blonde walked after him. Reaching up she rubbed the nose of the horses they passed. Such a calming gesture helps the woman keep herself sane. Atticus' voice caught the woman's attention once more. The trio had come to halt in front of two mare's that seem to just watch them. Walking up the blonde clicked her tongue getting their attention.

“Hello, beautifuls. My such strong ladies,” Jasmine said with a bright smile.

The mares both nickered and pushed against the girls face. Laughing the blonde hugged both and dug out some sugar cubs out of her pocket. Taking one in each hand she fed both at the same time.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Gift Giving

Postby Ixzo on September 11th, 2016, 7:16 pm

A silent grateful look was given to Jasmine before she nodded to Atticus. Jasmine seemed to be aware of the obvious outcome of her proximity to the horses, and she was grateful she came along to help her with it. So, with a manner that was unsettling easy to take on, Ixzo followed quietly behind. She was now the passive observer, the invisible outsider in a place she so clearly did not belong. If these Drykas had loved any other creature rather than an herbivore, she would have no issue, but it was these skittish beasts that they chose to love, and so she would remain alien.

Jasmine seemed to take to the horses as easily as if she had grown up among them, which she had, and Ixzo had no knowledge to base if it was a good buy or not. The Kelvic could only not keep her face from looking incredulous and curious when the Drykas pulled out… cubes of sugar. A fancy thing for drinking Tea among the rich Kenashians, and the last thing she expected to find out here. The Drykas did not live as primal as her Myrians had, but she still didn't think of them as wasteful, as much as a sugar cube could be.

"Atticus." She nodded to the vendor, turning away from the scene. "How much?" She said simply, she was buying these things, but she had no expectations to be the one to train or care for them. They were a gift to the Stormbloods, and that was all. The lioness gave a slightly envious glance towards the affectionate exchange between woman and horse before her, not really listening to Atticus' attempt to negotiate.

"I'd like to sell them together," Sisters, very attached. "Each for about five hundred, they are no greenies." Well trained, docile, friendly. "I may sell that smaller one there for a little less, she can be a bit rude toward children." He babbled, losing Ixzo a bit with his quick signs.

"No children." No worries. She shrugged. "My Pavilion is smart with horse." No worries. She reassured him, following his gaze up to her shoulders suspiciously.

"Don't let it bother you, if you're expecting…" His gaze dropped from her shoulders where he saw tattoos and scars which were not windmarks, and the Kelvic watched his mind spin for a conclusion, dropping to her belly, which was childless and flat.

"I am no slave." She snapped, nails digging into her palm in brief flash of anger. It was not the first time that assumption had been made of her, and she was beginning to realize, it wasn't the worst. At least the slave mothers had a status among the Drykas. Still the anger passed just as easily, and she returned to the stoic expression she frequently held, listening to him stumble over his words.

"No, I didn't mean-- It isn't demeaning to be," Apologies. "Excuse-"

"I give you four-hundred for the big one, three-fifty for the small one." He was more compassionate that most, and Ixzo was quick to take advantage of that. She was not paying five hundred precious gold coins for each horse, although she could afford it, and he was currently trying to apologize for a mistake that she didn't take much lasting offense to.

Too low. "If you haven't got children, Nalli isn't much of a hassle, actually. Just a bit slow to start in the morning."

"Ah, so she bad to children, and not work well?" Too high. She countered, looking back at Jasmine, in an effort to hide any trace of a grin she could not keep down. When she looked back, Atticus had pierced his lips, looking up at her in defeat. She wasn't the best negotiator, and this wasn't much of a negotiation, but she was getting fairely good at reading these humans, and she had the upper hand at the moment. Deciding she didn't want to give him a chance to think up a better argument, for they both knew five hundred was far too high for either of the horses, Ixzo pulled out her coin purse, pre-prepared hundred bundles being doled out to the man.

"Good horses?" She nonchalantly turned to Jasmine, eyeing her reaction to the beasts to see if she hadn't just wasted money.

Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Gift Giving

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on September 13th, 2016, 4:22 am

Jasmine allowed the pair to discuss pricing. Making a face hearing what he was trying to charge her the girl turned to say something, but smirked hearing her not back down. The blonde was happy to see that just because the horses were nervous by her smell did not meant that they would not listen. Patting their necks the woman turned and waited for Atticus to step away.

“Yes, strong and powerful. Young, energetic, and eager to please. They will serve us well,” Jasmine said with a smile motioning her over.

Clicking her tongue the two semes looked at the drykas woman perking their ears forward. Patting their necks once more the blonde excused herself to go look at the wagons for a moment. Walking over to where the wagons were out on display she walked through looking for just the right size. It would have to be big enough to carry everything that everyone had from chests to cook ware to the pavilion tents. Atticus' voice caught the blonde's ear. Turning she saw the man walking over to her signing about just the right one. Nodding the woman followed him spotting which one he pointed to. Looking all over the cart it was big enough to haul everything and would need both their seme horses to pull it.

“How much?” Jasmine asked looking at the man.

“45 GM,” Atticus said with a smirk.

“Deal,” Jasmine said and gave him the coins.

She walked over to Ixzo with a smile. Ready? The blonde signed happy to have gotten the wagon and the horses. It would take a load off of everyone when the group moved again. She helped get the yokes for the horses and get them strapped in. Climbing on the blonde motioned for Ixzo to join her on the seat as it has plenty of room for the pair.

“Anything else we need before we leave?” Jasmine asked.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Gift Giving

Postby Ssezzkero on November 8th, 2018, 9:28 am

Cooking +1, Socialization +2, Planning +1, Intimidation +1, Bartering +1, Cooking: Crockpot, Horse: Seme, Bartering: Purchasing Live Animals
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)