Closed Cat Care

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Cat Care

Postby Ixzo on August 24th, 2016, 7:04 pm

Ixzo was quickly discovering the source of her discomfort. It wasn't as if these kitten were being forced to do anything they didn't want to, they were simply not being brought up how she imagined. Even though she was a night lion, Ixzo had grown up among the fierce and prideful Myrian Tigers. The massive animals were her mentors and companions, and a large reason why she was so proud of herself even when she had no reason to be. During the times she had encountered her own kind in the wild, unwelcome because of her foreignism, she found them to be quite proud as well. They protected their territory and their own with an independence to be admired. Yet, Ixzo know looked at these kittens who depended upon the humans for direction and guidance, and the Kelvic realized she was scared. If these kittens could be so controlled, and be fine with it, could she not as well?

The mention of birds pulled Ixzo out of her own head and she tried to shove those thoughts aside. No one could tame her, they've already tried. But she had a fascination with the winged creatures. She could relate to the predatory ones, and when the aerial animals became prey, they were quite good. Unlike the dumb beasts which roamed the land in herds, she could admire the wit of a bird to be nearly that of a cat, and it often sparked her curiosity. However she was not above hunting them, as they were not smart enough to avoid being an easy meal.

Understanding. "You work with the cats most?" She asked, almost noticing the wince in mention of the birds. She guessed Jasmine did not have a fun time with them. And then Jasmine's words picked up and Ixzo was lost, left with only a shallow nod in reply, not sure if she could ask for clarification. The Kelvic was much better with understanding Pavi than speaking it, but she was still occasionally left behind when the Drykas spoke too fast, or with larger words than she was used to. Instead she glanced towards the other corners of the tent in search of the dogs or birds which Jasmine spoke of, interested to see if it was all the animals here who displayed such strange behaviors.

"Tell me a little more about you, Ixzo. I know we have hunted several times and are part of Azmere's pavilion, but I don't really know you all that well," Jasmine called her attention back, and Ixzo looked at her, a calm but emotionless face. She was chattier than normal today, but Ixzo was not chatty enough for that.

"I hunt, I join the Stormbloods for protection." She shrugged, assuming that was all anyone would need to know about her. If Rufio had asked her that, she could have told tales of how she used to cook with her mother's bondmate back home, or how much she hated the illusions on The Mischief, but Ixzo had no eagerness to please anyone but Rufio, despite how much she liked them. Assuming that topic was simply done, as she had no interest in it, Ixzo decided to return to the two caracals she had played with earlier.

"The caracals… they are good to hunt, yeah?" Curious, interest. "I see two that I like," Wishful, companionship, instruction. "I want to teach them hunting." She eyed the eating kittens, looking for the brother and sister in an attempt to point them out. Even though they were just kittens, Ixzo did not want to interrupt their eating to find them.

Myrian | Pavi "Speech" Sign | Common | PC/NPC "Speech" Sign
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Cat Care

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on August 27th, 2016, 2:10 am

“Right now I do. Tomma is going to have me working with the dogs much more soon,” Jasmine said looking at the woman.

The blonde listened with a blank stare as the dark skinned woman seemed to just shut her down. Licking her lips some the girl turned back to the cats as they ate. Turning to the woman again Jasmine turned to look at the cats and see if she could spot the two .

“Yes, they are. Some of the best hunters trained here,” Jasmine spoke before turning to look a the kittens again.

Hearing Tomma call her the girl stepped over beside Ixzo. Excusing herself and asking the woman to keep watch she walked off. The blonde helped fix the bird seed for each of them that did not eat rats. Walking to the cages she opened each giving them the small bowls. Once all were fed the pair walked back to Ixzo togather.

“Jasmine tells me that you know which pair you would like to buy,” Tomma said with a smile.
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Cat Care

Postby Ixzo on August 29th, 2016, 7:59 pm

While Tomma stole her friend from her, well, not technically since Ixzo was merely a distracted from Jasmine's regular work, Ixzo found herself climbing straight back into the cage. It did not take her long to find the kittens she had played with earlier, for they gravitated back towards her. The lanky caracals seemed much more excited to be playing with a new stranger than focusing on commands, which was exactly what Ixzo was looking for. Even she did not follow traditional hunting techniques, a behavior that often got her looks at the Spitfire, and yet she always brought in plenty of meat.

Personally, Ixzo would gladly eat an entire Gazelle herself, but bagging one of those every other night or so was keeping some Pavilions afloat. Two mornings prior, she had been told that a smaller Pavilion within the Opal clan had been purchasing her hogs for the past few moons, so it warmed the cat a bit to know that these silly humans were profiting from her fun. She had scavenged and barely survived on her own in the wild, and she was thriving with the Drykas now. So why not step up the game? Her next goal was to include birds, which was why she needed the caracals.

"Yes," She purred at the male who bumped heads with her calf where she crouched, already admitting his affection, as only a kitten would. "You and I, and your sister," She glanced at the kitten who was messing with the loose strings on her skirt. "Are going to hunt birds. Why? Because I suck at hunting birds." She murmured, clutching him by the scruff, immediately supporting his rump with her other hand so she could bring him close, keeping her eyes down on his belly so he was comfortable, and rubbing her cheek on him. It was a useless gesture now, since she could not possibly spread her scent this way, with this form, but the cat did not hesitate to claim her knew kittens. At this point, she'd steal them if she had to, although the Kelvic did not want to end up at the Conclave again, especially not when she had actually done something.

"Found them!" She jumped a bit, almost shouting in response when the lower tone of a male human spoke. She was not doing anything wrong, but thoughts of theft were on her mind, and they were very unnecessary, so she felt a slight tinge of guilt.

"Oh, yeah." She scooped the female cat up, rising to a stand and walking back over to Jasmine and Tomma. "Not good at hunting bird. I want to hunt bird with them." She explained, unable to sign with the two kittens in her hands. The female was struggling a bit, but the male immediately made himself comfortable, propping his hind legs on her hip while she talked. "How much?"

Myrian | Pavi "Speech" Sign | Common | PC/NPC "Speech" Sign
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Cat Care

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on September 3rd, 2016, 2:44 am

The blonde looked at the pair trying to remember if they had been fully trained or not. Looking at Tomma as the man talked to the dark skinned woman Jasmine took a step back learning. The man looked down at the kittens and had to stop and think for a moment. It had been some time since the last time a hunter came in wanting untrained caracals.

“Two kittens untrained are 40 GMs a piece. Two adults are 80 GMs a piece. Now for trained cats, adults or otherwise are 150 GMs,” Tomma said.

He motioned for the woman to follow him and discuss further payment. Jasmine stepped in and cleaned up the bowl and got the kittens brushed out, and their nails sharpened. Finishing the blonde walked out with the two. Handing them to Ixzo, the girl bowed at the waist bidding good day to Tomma before leaving with her.

“You going to take them hunting soon?” Jasmine asked with a smile as Chaser trotted up behind them.

Word Count2648
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Cat Care

Postby Ssezzkero on November 8th, 2018, 9:37 am

Tactics +1, Weapon: Knife +1, Socialization +4, Planning +2, Animal Husbandry +2, Benefits of joining a Pavilion, Basic Knife Trick, Distrustful of Dogs, Largest cat around, Cats: Bumping heads is a sign of trust, Cats should not be trained like dogs, Cat Body Language, Myrian Tigers: Mentors and Companions, Caracals: Good for hunting birds
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Previous