Closed [Baroque Bay] Misplaced Items (Lukas)

Trynne and Lukas start to see if they can help each other out

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Baroque Bay] Misplaced Items (Lukas)

Postby Trynne on November 12th, 2018, 6:10 pm

12th Fall, 518AV

It was mid-afternoon, and Trynne had spent the best part of the day looking for something to do, or for someone that looked like easy pickings. 'Gold on legs' as she'd heard those born and raised in Sunberth say.
After already having a look throughout the Sunset Quarter, Trynne had headed back to her home to grab a few of her things. Carefully she slipped her Bagh Nakh over the fingers of her left hand so that the claws stuck out from her palm, then she slipped her cowl over her head to try and make her less noticeable, to obscure her face slightly from the immediate first glances of strangers, then carefully she slipped her mask into her backpack and set off towards the sea.
Soon she managed to end up wandering down towards Baroque Bay, listening to what was happening and trying to look out for anyone that looked dangerous as she walked through the the masses of people that moved through the space, between the market and the Inn. At the sight of all the people Trynne found herself smirking as she weaved her way between them until she made her way to the Drunken Fish, trying to work out whether the people coming out of the building were drunk enough or vulnerable enough for her to attempt to take advantage of.

Slyly, Trynne narrowed her eyes and made her way even closer to the entrance of the Drunken Fish just as a man stumbled out of the door, almost crashing into her had she have been standing even a step to her left.
"Petchin' women, kickin' me ou'!" the man muttered to himself and Trynne saw an opportunity.
"Sir, y'alright?" she asked as the man kept stumbling forwards seemingly ignoring her as he mumbled under his breath something about a woman inside the Drunken Fish.
Speeding up slightly, Trynne walked backwards alongside the man. "Sir, yer don't look so good. Need help?"
This time the man stopped briefly and glanced at her as she managed to overtake him and move so she was in front of him, ready to slip her free hand into his pocket as he crashed into her.
Cocking her head at her, she watched him step forwards, almost into her before moving a hand to shove her to the side. Not wanting to come off as aggressive Trynne allowed it to happen, though the force took her by surprise and she stumbled slightly.
"Dumb cow." she heard the man mumble and steadying herself she turned to look at him as he continued on.
"Aye yer Vagik! I were only tryin' t' help!" she yelled, watching as the man didn't respond, likely too drunk to understand what she'd shouted at him.

Watching as he continued away, Trynne frowned and started towards the Seaside Market, hoping that the crowds of people would provide her with the courage to slip a hand into someones pocket or bag and see what she could grab in those few seconds she'd have.

Word Count504 words
Trynne
Player

Words: 49736
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lukas Jackson on November 14th, 2018, 9:14 pm

After an hour the young man couldn't stand the choking smoke. Unlike most of the other patrons of The Drunken Fish Lukas Jackson was sober, not even a drop of alcohol has touched his lips. Rising from his seat after finishing his stew Lukas smiled at the waitress then walked outside for some fresh air. A drunken man was directly in front of him, on his way out as well, and Lukas was kind enough to give the man some room.

When the man shoved his way through the front door Lukas followed soon after. He was greeted by a chill, steady wind and the setting sun. The drunken man he was tailing managed to make it down the steps. It wasn't until the man started to spew curses that Lukas saw her. She was small, unusually small even by Sunberth standards, and the dying sunlight seemed to reflect off of her blonde hair. He just stood by the side of the door, leaning up against the wall. The drunken man said some other things, Lukas didn't hear them but by the look of the girls face they weren't nice words.

To the untrained eye one might of missed what the girl did next, or in this case, what she didn't do. Lukas was looking at her hands when the two collided, he saw them quickly dip into the drunks jacket but when they came out they were empty. Instantly Lukas knew the girls game, a pickpocket for sure she was. They say, or at least people think, that drunks are easy targets for pickpocketing. However Lukas never thought so, drunks are to unpredictable, to many variables that Lukas didn't care to wager against.

When the confrontation was over Lukas's posture became taller and more bearing. The girl started to walk into The Drunken Fish, but before she did Lukas thrust an arm out. Effectively blocking her from the door, he rubbed his hand over his beard and spoke to the floor.

"I'd be careful running your scam in here girl," he said with a half-hearted tone of concern "you get labeled a pickpocket by these thugs and you'll be taking a dip in Shyke Creek." He let loose a wad of spit then wiped his mouth and looked at her. He offered her a slight grin, warm but cautious and confronted her further.

"Or did my eyes deceive me and you didn't reach in that mans jacket to see what you could take?"
Lukas Jackson
Player

Words: 4379
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2018, 1:33 am

Postby Trynne on November 15th, 2018, 2:28 pm

Still slightly annoyed by the mans dismissal, despite her intentions of taking whatever he had in his pocket, Trynne kept her head down, eyes looking along the floor as she brushed a few strands of messy, tangled hair out of her eyes and chewed on the inside of her lip. Silently she thought to herself, trying to formulate a plan inside her mind of what she would do and the type of person she was looking to scrounge a couple of miza from.

Then an arm came into her peripheral vision, blocking her front entering the inn and dragging her out of her own thoughts before she heard a mans voice and she pulled her attention from the floor and towards the man, glancing over him and attempting to see if she recognised him, or, more notable, the scar on the side of his face.

“I ‘aven’t the foggiest what yer talking ‘bout.” Trynne said, a slight panic running through her as the man spoke of running her scam in the Inn. “Jus’ coming t’ get me dad, he’s late ‘ome and me ma’ gonna kill ‘im if ‘e ain’t careful.” She lied, her voice cracking slightly and a stutter breaking up her speech as she tried to lie and act natural.

Then she heard his next words and knew it was pointless attempting to lie any more. She knew she wasn’t good at lying, and that the only people who would likely believe her were those that were too drunk to comprehend.

“Aye well if you saw something who’s t’ tell yer otherwise. I could’ve been just trying t’ take some compensation for offering my help.” Trynne couldn’t help the slight grin spreading across her face as she took a few quick steps backwards and lightly flexed the hand that housed her discreet weapon. “But if you saw something, either yer a danger t’ me or someone that isn’ interested in ruining my way of life.” Trynne shrugged slightly as she spoke.

She wanted to see how the man would react and attempt to gauge what type of person he was, and in her uncertainty, Trynne was glad for the Bagh Nakh. She knew that she wasn’t helpless and that should the man become a threat, she could try to inflict a few wounds upon him.

“So who are yer?” Trynne asked, still chewing on the inside of her lip as she watched the man closely, her eyes darting from his face to his arms to his legs, looking for any hints of movement.

Word Count425
Trynne
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lukas Jackson on November 17th, 2018, 9:12 pm

Lukas offered her a smile, actually more of a chuckle, when she spouted out her lie. It was a simple thing, lying, yet most people had a hard time of doing it. It didn't take much to deduce that but, then again, he couldn't know for certain if she was lying.

"Well then, if your old man is in there then just point 'em out and I'll say sorry."

That seemed to set her straight and she came clean with him after that. Then again, Lukas didn't care in the slightest if she had loose fingers. Who was he one to judge, except, of course, if he wanted to eat tonight then he'd have to take a few things that weren't his too. And if this pretty lass was willing to play the game then maybe they could both make some coin, together.

It was then that she reeled back, putting distance between him and her. Lukas became all to aware of his arm dangling about like he was some bouncer. Quickly he scanned the girl with his eyes, it was a habit, not a choice. He couldn't tell if she had a weapon or not but throughout his life experience it was always a good thing to assume everyone in Sunberth was armed and ready to kill.

He raised his hand up to his chest, showing the woman his dirty palms. He had a knife, it cut good too, but he wasn't gonna use it none. At least not like this.

"Now, now lady, I simply made an observation is all. Saw you reach into the mans pocket but you came up shy. I know how that feels ya'hear? So why don't you come join me at my table, I'll buy you some stew, it taste like shit but it'd get ya full enough. Then, maybe, we can talk business. Maybe even the next time you reach into a mans pockets you won't come up empty. Whatch'ya say 'bout that?"

He then pushed open the door and held it for her. Immediately when the door opened you could hear the drunken yells of patrons sitting inside. Lukas distinctly heard a brawl happening somewhere in the back, which wasn't unusual, but he didn't want to get in a scrap today. He was still bruised and sore from a couple days ago when those daggercock chumps took his coin purse. Which is why he's in this situation in the first place.
Lukas Jackson
Player

Words: 4379
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2018, 1:33 am

Postby Trynne on November 18th, 2018, 11:23 am

Trynne continued to bite the inside of her lower lip as she kept her eyes on the man, rolling her eyes as he spoke. She wasn’t sure quite what to make of him yet, though the weapon concealed in her hand gave her some sort of confidence.

Then she saw him move his arm to show his hand and show off the knife he held. It looked sharp, like it would bury itself pretty far into flesh if he used it, and Trynne took a moment to mentally prepare herself for a fight before the mans voice drew her out of her thoughts.

From his words she gathered that he had been a thief, or was still a thief, and a slight feeling of reassurance washed over her, but she didn’t want to risk letting her guard down fully. Instead she just slightly relaxed her hand whilst attempting to keep her weapon concealed. She wasn’t quite ready to give away the location what was possibly her only form of defense. She knew that keeping it a secret until she had to use it would give her a potential edge over the man should anything happen.

Then she heard him mention food and she began to realise how hungry she had become over the course of a day. Though she had a few miza to use for food, the idea of getting it ‘free’ was far more appealing to her and she found herself smirking slightly as she looked at the man and saw him open the door.

“Well if we’re ea’ing together, I migh’ as well introduce myself. Name’s Trynne.” Trynne said calmly briefly offering her hand as a greeting just as the sound of a bottle smashing came from within the Inn.

She briefly looked into the Inn, noting that the brawl seemed to happening more towards the far end, while around the nearer end of the Inn several people were sitting or standing whilst some of them seemed to ignore the brawl and others were watching it and enjoying the entertainment.

“Looks like everyone is getting a good bi’ of entertainment. Fairly perfect I’d say. Wouldn’t you?’ Trynne smirked again, taking her eyes away from the inside of the inn as she turned to look at the man briefly.

Her smirk turned into a slight grin, as Trynne turned back to the Inn and took the moment to step into the Inn and glance around fully, before glancing back to the man and raising an eyebrow at him slightly, just in time to see a small group leave through the door, obviously tired of the brawl and needing somewhere a little quieter.

Word Count444
Trynne
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on March 18th, 2021, 9:12 pm

Your Grades!

Trynne

Skills

If you return, please update your CS for grades and drop me a message.

Lucas Jackson

If you return, please update your CS for grades and drop me a message. Thanks!

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)