Nightfall. (Trassen,Shakaar.)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Trassen on November 6th, 2010, 8:19 pm

The man was faster then Trassen had expected, diving under his blade, exploiting a small hole in his guard with a powerful kick, disorienting him for a bit, his rattle landing in a deep puddle behind him. The next thing he knew his head was in the stranger's hands. "You do realize that our goddessss isss Ssiku? Goddesss of Sserpeantss and Cruelty? But Regardlesss, I Sswear that I sshall not hunt you or your friendss." He hissed. His tail had grown cold and wet and he was not pleased at all. The man was facing his torso, straddling the upper part of his tail. He seemed so intent on killing him at the slightest sound, a rattle to the head would alert him, in any other situation. However, the water had partially soaked into his rattle, preventing the normal clicking of movement. He struck with his tail in an instant, aimed directly at the back of the man's head. It wasn't difficult to figure someone's position when they were on top of you, and with a half hearted sturggle chaulked up to defiance the tensing of muscles was disguised.

"I swore an oath that I will keep. The blow was self defense." He hissed at the limp body, shrugging it to the ground. He had to admire the man's dedication, had he been Dhani, he might have actually liked him. Then again, had he been Dhani, he wouldn't have interfered. He slithered past the body of the boy, debating on whether or not he was considered a friend. It was best not to risk such things. Still, he was hungry, and while he had two potential meals at his non existant feet, he had sworn upon Siku's name. He left the alley, still holding his gut from kick. He vanished into the night in search of easier prey, for surely the man wasn't friends with the common trash of the city. It wouldn't be until the next day that he would realize the medallion bearing the symbol of Siku was missing.

OOC:In my defense, I would have got you with the rattle before you even made it onto my back.
Trassen
The Fire Breathing Serpent

Words: 9836
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2010, 12:34 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on November 7th, 2010, 4:14 am

Shakaar
OOCI want to say that while I will bring up several points. I'm going to go ahead and follow your post.
1. When you get kicked in the solar-plexus (just beneath the sternum) your lungs forcefully expel all the air stored in them. You double over and for a few seconds lose the ability to move much. Both from pain and lack of oxygen. In a Dhani This would result in him leaning backwards, a one limbed beings balance isn't the greatest. Which would leave the tail frantically trying to restore balance. Which leaves you in no position to retaliate.
2. If your 14 foot self were bent over to 7 feet your tail isn't flexible enough to go up at that angle with any force. Also it is being stood on. You can't life that much weight. There simply isn't enough leverage.
Once again I'm going to let it pass, but just think more about your actions next time.
Sources- I've trained in MMA for 11 years.

Shakaar smiled as the snake-man gave his promise. As he did so his guard lowered, and his weight shifted off the tail. He leaned forward carelessly, and he payed for it.

He didn't even feel the blow he was out so fast. For about three seconds he lay there, but being used to this kind of treatment he was quickly brought back to earth. Unfortunately along with his awakening came the throbbing of his head. "Oh. My. God... This is why you must always pay attention." he moaned to his brother. "No. Petching. Kidinn. Why must you always fight like a damm buffoon!" growled Ahajii. Thinking about it for a few seconds Shakaar slowly answered "I have no idea... I suppose it's natural that way. Our fathers always said to watch the rage. I suppose I should have listened..."

Shakaar could feel Ahajii's surprise at his admittance. "Brother I have been telling you that since the day we disobeyed our fathers, and went to our hunt. We ended up in this god forsaken city. Yes. You should have listened. But let us set this aside. We have a petching snake to catch!"

Groaning in pain Shakaar stood up. Splashing his head with water from the puddle that was his downfall, he soothed the throbbing. Cupping a small amount of water in his hand he gently rubbed the child's face with it, wanting to wake him gently if possible. When he showed signs of movement Shakaar smiled, and sat down next to him. Only then realizing that in his hand he held a medallion. Simple and elegant it was shaped in the form of a coiled snake.
Shakaar
The Involuntary Executioner

Words: 30565
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2010, 1:09 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Jokor on November 7th, 2010, 11:55 am

Jokor groaned in pain as he woke up from his forced sleep, His head pounding like someone slammed him in the head with a hammer. He rubbed the back of his head. "What the hell hit me?" He dragged himself back on his feet. Looking around, trying to make sense of the dancing world around him.
"And where the heck is that snaky thing gone?"
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Mastermind on January 1st, 2011, 4:05 pm

AWARDS

Jokor

Skills
Brawling +2, Running +1

Lores
The Importance of Instinct
If You Hear a Rattle, Duck

Trassen

Skills
Tracking +1, Observation +1, Weapon: Shortsword +2, Weapon: Rattle +2, Intimidation +1

Lores
The Rattle Gives You Away
It Only Takes an Instant to Lose Dinner
Tails Can Be Useful

Items
-Snake Medallion

Notes
Sword as a skill is a little too broad. As such, I have awarded XP to the Shortsword skill, not Sword, and I recommend you specify what kind of sword you have skill with.

Shakaar

Skills
Weapon: Barrel +1, Unarmed Combat +2

Lores
The Beauty of Night
Listen to Your Brother

Items
+Snake Medallion

ALL
Write your actions at the level of your skills. I enjoyed this thread, but I felt that many things done were above the level of skill the PC held. Also, fighting another PC is a give and take thing. I personally frown upon assuming success in an attack. If you opponent is fair, they will give you success if the circumstances are right (skill level, ingenuity of their opponent, etc).
Mastermind
Sunberth AS

Words: 19833
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2010, 12:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Previous