Completed [Solar Winds] Sisters!

Gemma and Dev'Ania meet.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Solar Winds] Sisters!

Postby Gemma Parker on February 16th, 2019, 3:44 am

Winter 45th, 518 AV

Gemma balled her hands into a fist in nervousness. She had heard that there was a new Konti in town, and she had been procrastinating visiting to give the woman her welcome. She wished her mother was home, but she would not return until the following day, which was the midwinter festival, and by then it would be too late. No, if she was going to do this she needed to do it now. It was her responsibility to extend her family’s welcome. From what it sounded like, the woman was here alone. That meant she would have no one to spend the holidays with. It was Gemma's hope to invite her to hang out with her family, and to help in any way she could.

Gemma had never actually seen this new woman. she had heard one of her patients mention that someone that looked like her sister was seen in the Solar Winds Apartments. So now here she was, about to knock on this woman's door. She knocked, and stood awkwardly, looking around and hoping she didn't look too awkward standing here waiting.
Last edited by Gemma Parker on March 4th, 2019, 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gemma Parker
Player

Words: 219685
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2019, 5:22 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)

[Solar Winds] Sisters!

Postby Dev'Ania on February 19th, 2019, 4:50 am

45th of Winter 518 AV

Dev’Ania woke up, ready to start her day. After getting dressed, as usual, she sat at her desk. Ever since getting her notebook, she would always wake up and write in her book. She made a vow to herself that she would practice singing whenever she had the chance. She opened the notebook, dipped her quill in the black, goopey ink, and began to write random lyrics. Sometimes she wrote sad, depressing lyrics and other days she wrote happy, upbeat lyrics. Today was one of those days that she wrote happy lyrics. The sun of the morning shone on her through her window, giving her inspiration in her lyrics.

Sun shining bright above us all
Giving us the light to see
Stopping us from our fall.
All our thanks go to thee.

She really wasn’t sure what she was writing. As usual, she just began to write down random words. The Konti finished writing the rest of the short song. After finishing, she took a break and retired to standing in front of her window and started to sing the song she had just wrote. She looked out into the streets of Zintia, watching the people Lhavit begin filling the streets, starting their day. Dev’Ania didn’t have anything planned for her day. It was a day free to herself and to do what she wanted. Right now, she just wanted to stay home and write songs. Knowing herself, she knew that would probably change.

As she sat staring out the window, a knock was heard at the door. Dev’s head promptly flicked toward the door. It had slightly startled her. She wondered who it could be at her door. Her first thought was that it was one of her neighbors coming to tell her that she was singing too loud. Being a soprano, her voice was pretty loud, so it was common for her to get overly loud when singing a song she liked.

Dev walked over to the door. She grabbed the handle and waited a couple of ticks before opening it. On the other side of the door was a young-looking woman with blonde hair. She was obviously a fellow Konti, based on the scales and webbed fingers that Dev could see. “Hello, could I help you?” Dev asked the question with a smile. She didn't look any older than Dev’Ania, so she was curious as to why she was there.

Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Words: 137250
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2018, 11:41 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Solar Winds] Sisters!

Postby Gemma Parker on February 21st, 2019, 2:39 am

Gemma tapped her fingers against her leg, nervous. What was she doing? She had just shown up at this woman’s apartment without an invitation and now she was going to what, invite her to the Midwinter Festival with her family? She hadn’t even talked this through with her family. She had just assumed that the woman would be accepted at her family’s dinner table. She was sure she would be, but still… What was the plan?

There was no more time to think about that because now the door was open and Gemma was face to face with another member of her own race. Just like her and her mom, the woman could have been anywhere from sixteen to two hundred years old. And just like her mom, the Konti woman before her was decidedly prettier than Gemma. She couldn’t keep a grimace from brushing over her features before she corrected herself.

“Hi! I’m Gemma. I’m… obviously a Konti like yourself. I heard that you were new in town and wanted to invite you to have dinner with my family tomorrow evening. It's the Midwinter Festival, and traditionally we celebrate by spending time together as a family, and since I assume your family isn’t around to hang out with, I wanted to extend the invitation to spend the evening with my family. If you’re not busy.” She blurted it all out without much more thought to what she was saying. Either the woman would agree or she wouldn’t. There was nothing more that Gemma could do but wait for the reply.
Gemma Parker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

[Solar Winds] Sisters!

Postby Dev'Ania on February 21st, 2019, 6:26 am

Dev'Ania stood, leaning on the open door. She had begun to slouch on it, but quickly realized and stood straight. Her mother would always warn her of slouching. "It isn’t very proper," her mother would say. The Konti girl that stood before Dev seemed to be very young. Of course, it was hard to tell with Konti woman because they all looked young, but this girl acted very young.

A smile began to spread across the face of Dev'Ania as she listened to the girl. She introduced her self as Gemma. "Quite a pretty name," Dev thought in her mind. Gemma had invited Dev to have dinner with her family for the Mid-Winter festival. The invitation had brought joy to Dev'Ania, which could be seen in the expression on her face. Dev had lived in the city of Lhavit for almost two seasons, but she had just begun making friends this season, and now she gets to meet a whole family of her own race! This would be her first time celebrating the Midwinter Festival, too. She had been looking forward to it for the past couple of days but was afraid of celebrating by herself, but now she had someone to celebrate with.

"Hello, Gemma! My name is Dev'Ania but feel free to call me Dev. I would love to join you and your family tomorrow for dinner. I appreciate your thought in inviting me." Dev'Ania extended her hand to the Gemma. “Although, I hope you don’t mind me asking, how exactly did you find out where I live?”

Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Solar Winds] Sisters!

Postby Gemma Parker on February 21st, 2019, 6:33 pm

Gemma raised her eyebrows in surprise. She also adjusted her posture, noticing that she had also begun to slouch. She had not expected her invitation so readily accepted. Maybe it hadn’t been such a bad idea to come down.

The girl asked how Gemma had heard about her location and it made her think for a moment. She had to be careful of how much information she shared about her patients. There were privacy laws in place to make sure that a person’s health remained private. But it wouldn’t be so bad to admit that it had been a patient, right? She didn’t have to say who it was or why they were getting treatment. But if the other Konti woman knew someone in her building was sick, maybe she could put two and two together.

”A customer mentioned seeing a Konti in these apartments, and I asked around until I found which one was yours. I hope you don’t mind the intrusion. I was just running out of time and didn’t know how else to find you. To be honest, I was procrastinating because I didn’t know how you would respond.” She fiddled with her finders and couldn’t keep her eyes still.

“If you don’t like people visiting you here I can send a letter next time. Sorry for intruding.” She said. "Were you busy?"
Gemma Parker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

[Solar Winds] Sisters!

Postby Dev'Ania on February 24th, 2019, 3:08 am

Dev’Ania listened as Gemma explained how she found out where she lived. She didn’t mind, she was just curious. It wasn’t every day that a random stranger showed up at your door and invited you to dinner with their family.

“I don’t mind at all, Gemma. I was just writing in my notebook before you arrived. I have nothing else to do today.” Dev’Ania chuckled. She didn’t have anything planned for the day, so she was happy to have something to do now. She wanted to learn more about Gemma and her family before having dinner with them. Wouldn’t it be awkward to just show up to a total strangers house? She guessed that was how Gemma felt.

“Why don’t you come inside and we can talk more?” She invited Gemma into the apartment instead of just standing outside the door. Dev opened the door all the way allowing the other Konti to enter. “Make yourself at home. Sorry it is so small in here.”

The two women sat in the apartment for a couple of bells, chatting and learning about each other. Dev knew that this was bound to be a great friendship. She had a feeling they would get along just like sisters.

Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Solar Winds] Sisters!

Postby Mauriel on March 11th, 2019, 9:39 pm

Gemma Parker
XP Award:
  • Observation 2XP
  • Rhetoric 1XP
  • Socialization 2XP

Lore:
  • Dev'Ania: A more beautiful Konti
  • Dev'Ania: Lives in Solar Winds Apartments

Notes: I love how Gemma is sweet, but also a flawed character, and how you fit it all into this little thread. To earn XP in Investigation, your character needs to actively do it, rather than just talk about it. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me. Don't forget to edit/delete your request!

DevAnia
XP Award:
  • Composition 1XP
  • Observation 2XP
  • Socialization 3XP
  • Writing 1XP

Lore:
  • Gemma: A kind Konti
  • Gemma: Acts young
  • Composition: Stream of consciousness

Notes: I'm always thrilled to see someone else trying their hand at poetry around the site! I couldn't award Singing because it was only mentioned in passing, at Competent level you should really describe a bit more to earn XP. Enjoy your grades!
Mauriel
Shining On

Words: 167162
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2014, 12:45 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)