It's Meow or Never

Dev buys a feline friend.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

It's Meow or Never

Postby Dev'Ania on February 26th, 2019, 6:27 am

83rd of Winter 518 AV

Dev’Ania had spent most of the day in her apartment. She had gotten so excited about someday having her own fortune-telling business that she started to plan it out. Her notebook that once only held songs she wrote, now also had the plans for her future business in it.

After writing for so long, she became bored and decided to go out. The streets of the Zintia Peak were busier than usual as people crowded the streets. This was probably due to how good the weather was today. The sun shined down, allowing the temperature to be warmer than usual. Today would be a great day to go out and tell fortunes, but right she was going to spend this time relaxing - a treat to herself for working so hard.

Dev'Ania walked down the street, peeking into each shop, looking for one to wander around in. After a couple of chimes, she came across the local pet shop - Piramba’s Pet Shop. the calling of animals could be heard from outside the shop, over the bustle of the lively city. What better way to treat yourself than to look at cute animals?

As she entered the shop, she was immediately greeted by the chirps and squawks of birds, meows of cats, and barks of dogs. All the attention was on Dev. A woman entered the main room from another room and approached Dev. “Hello, ma’am. I am Fai. Is there anything I can help you with today?”

“No, thank you. I am just looking around.” Dev grinned at the woman.

“Okay. If you do need anything, just yell out. Feel free to look at any of the animals.” The woman walked away, back into another room. Dev figured she was just tending to the animals.

For a chime, the Konti stood observing the room. There were animals on display who called for Dev to come and give them attention. The first animals to catch her eye were the birds. They all looked so majestic with their feathery bodies. There were large ones and small ones in the aviary. She watched as they flew around and hopped about on the ground. She wondered what it must be like to be a bird. To have the ability to fly freely where ever you wanted. To feel the breeze of wind beneath you as you watch the world beneath you from above in the clear sky.

Then, she walked over to the dogs. Catching the sight of her, they began to bark, jumping up and down. Some lost interest and went back to sleeping or grooming each other. Dev had never been very fond of dogs, but she still thought they were cute. She just thought their bark was annoying. Who would want to wake up to the howling and barking of a dog? Despite being annoying at times, she did know how loyal and protective they could be. As the dogs lost interest in Dev’Ania, she made her way over to the cats.

Now cats were Dev’s favorite animal. She often encountered them in the wild of Alheas Park and would pet them. She immediately began to pet these cats too. The warmth and softness of their fur comforted Dev’Ania. They always made her feel happy when she was upset. Dev entered the cattery excitedly, listening to the purrs and meows of all of the cats. A smile spread across her face as they began to rub against her.

“Awe. Aren’t you guys just the cutest!” She sat down allowing the cats to brush jump around her.

Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Words: 137250
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2018, 11:41 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

It's Meow or Never

Postby Dev'Ania on March 4th, 2019, 6:12 am

Joy overcame Dev as she played with the cats more and more. A burning desire to bring them all home ignited in her. They were by far the cutest animals Dev had ever seen. She knew she couldn’t bring them all home, but she was determined to bring one home today.

She quickly stood up and returned to where she spoke to Fai. “Um. Excuse me, Fai?”

After a few ticks, she arrived at Dev’s call. “Yes, need something?”

“Yes, actually. I believe I would like to purchase a feline friend today.”

“Ah, terrific. Anyone in mind?” Fai seemed to become as excited as Dev.

“No, but I think a kitten would be suitable.”

Fai responded with a smile. “That is great! I have the perfect kitten who needs a nice home. But before you get too attached, are you aware of the amount of care animals need and are you willing to provide it?”

“Yes, of course. I promise to love and care for it unconditionally.” Satisfied with Dev’s answer, Fai guided her to the back. She was instructed to wait while Fai retrieved the kitten for her.

A few chimes later, Fai returned with the kitten held in her arms. Dev’Ania’s eyes widened at the sight of the kitten. It was so small. She took the kitten into her arms and began to rub her fingers through its soft black fur. The kitten brushed her head against Dev’s palm. Looking into the kitten’s bright blue eyes, she knew immediately that they would be the best of friends.

“This is the one.” Dev pulled the kitten close to her, giving it a big hug. “I’m going to call her…” she paused for a tick to think of a name for the kitten. Looking at the kitten’s deep black fur reminded her of embers, thus giving her the perfect name. “Ember. Yep, Ember is a perfect name for you.”

“Aw, what a cute name. Now, let us go back to the front to finalize the transaction. You will also need to buy some essentials to care for little Ember.” Fai guided Dev and Ember to the front of the pet shop. They stood at the counter, the other animals once again calling for attention. Fai retrieved the necessary equipment that Dev’Ania would need to care for Ember. She returned with a variety of items which she placed on the counter in front of Dev.

On the counter lay a collar, a leash, and grooming items. "Okay, here are a couple of things to get you started." Fai seemed excited to be giving another animal a home. Though, through that excitement, there was also a tone of worriedness. As if she was worried, the kitten was not going to have a loving home.

"I will take all of these. Whatever you think is right for the care of little Ember, I will do it."

"Oh, I forgot! You can also get a cage for her if you would like. Only a small one is needed." Fai began to walk away to get a cage, but Dev stopped her.

"Actually, I don't think she will need one. At least for now. No one likes being pent up in cages, so I think it would be best for her to be able to roam my apartment freely." Dev'Ania didn't want Ember to have to stay in a cage all the time. That wouldn't be fun at all. She wanted Ember to live freely.

"That sounds great. Okay. I guess I will finalize everything, and you could be on your way home, with your new kitten." Fai smiled at Dev'Ania. Ember still lay, curled up, in Dev's hand. She was quite the laid back, calm kitten. Every once in a while, she would let out a small meow. Already, Dev had become happier than she had ever been.

After purchasing the items, Dev left Piramba's Pet Shop with Ember now perked up and sitting in her hand. Her little blue eyes looked around at everything they passed. This was the first time Ember had been out of the shop. A look of curiosity could be seen in the kitten's eyes.

As the new best friends approached the Solar Winds, Dev had quickly realized that she didn't have anything to feed Ember. So, she turned around and headed to the Azure Market. Surely they would have something there for little Ember.

The market was full today with people at each stall. Ember got so excited at the sight of so many people, she nearly leaped out Dev's arms. Thankfully Dev had caught a grip on her, holding her tight. "Whoah there, Ember. Be careful." She spoke to the young cat softly, looking into her eyes. They walked around the market until they spotted a pottery stand. Dev bought two small, simple bowls. One for Ember to drink out of, and one for her to eat out of. From another stand, she bought a gallon of milk and some fish for Ember to drink and eat.

Finally, she had everything to get started raising the young kitten. The pair returned home where they spent the remainder of the day bonding and getting to know one another. "I know we will be the best of friends, Ember."

Ledger Changes :
Kitten (Housecat) - 2 ki
Leash - 5 tk
Collar - 3 ki
Grooming Kit - 10 ki
Milk - 1 tk
Albacore - 2 ki
bowls (x2) - 2 jk

Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Words: 137250
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2018, 11:41 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

It's Meow or Never

Postby Madeira Dusk on March 14th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Dev'Ania

Skills
  • Observation: 2xp
  • Socialization: 2xp

Lores
  • Fai: worker at Piramba's Pet Shop
  • Ember: new best friend

Awards & Retribution
+Kitten (Housecat): -2 ki
+Leash: -5 tk
+Collar: -3 ki
+Grooming Kit: -10 ki
+Milk: -1 tk
+Albacore: -2 ki
+Bowls (x2): -2 jk

Notes
This was just the kind of wholesomeness I needed today. <3

Also that ledger is a thing of beauty. Thank you for making my job so easy!
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)