Whispers (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Whispers (open)

Postby Khiara on December 23rd, 2010, 10:23 pm

Sitting with her husband, Khiara broke off some more of the tender meat, blowing on it before popping it in her mouth. Rocking slightly as he nudged her, the vanthan glanced at him with bright violet eyes, smiling knowingly. Kashik had already asked her the same thing, and even knew a few short phrases and some words. But the drykas man didn't need to know that, chances are, he already did.

"Ahh, Pavi. It's so rich and earthy. I can understand some of the things you say, but not all of it. Maybe we could teach each other." As Vanator continued, Khiara grinned, tucking a loose strand of hair away from her face. It was indeed, obvious to the foreigner that the golden man delighted in her native tongue. Not that the brunette was a manipulative person, but throwing in a quiet vani word or two when things needed to be tipped was well...handy. Lifting a biscuit to her mouth, the vantha looked at him and smiled.

"You honour me, my husband. And I would tell you stories till the sun fell from the sky." She said softly in vani, before giggling and biting into the biscuit. Oh, how she loved the winter. Staring out across the people before her, Khiara reached up to touch the necklace around her throat. Once, where it would have caused her heartache and sorrow to remember Eliac, the young vantha could smile.

"I remember, one particularly dull winter day Eliac and his friends thought it would be fun to play a trick on one of the elders of his Hold. They set up a bucket, full of snow, just over the entrance and hid a thin rope tied to it. The elder would exit the Hold, and they would pull the rope and cover him in wet cold snow. But they were to eager, and when a figure left the hold, one of his friends pulled the rope. Instead of the elder, they covered Eliac's great grandmother." Looking at Vanator with bright eyes, she laughed.

"They were so upset that they ran to her and begged forgiveness, brushing snow off her old bones. But she had the last laugh, whilst the boys were helping her, the elder and some of the family snuck up and shoved ice down their parka's. I've never seen anything so funny in my life." Chuckling to herself, Khiara sighed.

"I know people here dislike the winter, even fear it and wish it gone. But I can feel Morwen on the air and smell Avanthal in the wind." Leaning over, she kissed his cheek with cold lips.

"It's my old life, coming to visit me in my new life."

Khiara
Player

Words: 166009
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Whispers (open)

Postby Vanator on January 10th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Van scanned the area around them. Life was stirring among the pavilions, the smell of the morning meals cooking permeated the crisp, cold air. The Striders could be heard whinnying, the fine beasts always a bit frisky in colder weather. Kinfolk shuffled about, hugging their cloaks around them as they roused themselves for the day. Vanator turned back to look at Khiara. She rattled something off in Vani, and he gave the expected response, a wide grin, a shift closer towards her and a glance that spoke of warmer things.

Van listened as his wife shared her story. He was always interested in hearing about her home and the people she left behind. He knew it was good for Khiara to talk about them as well. The husband laughed at the story, as he remembered the fun he used to have as a child during the snowy winters.

"We adults are not as fond of the winter, since it makes doing a lot of things more difficult, but I will tell you, the children always find a way to enjoy it. I remember one day Akela and I found an old wooden shield. We came up with the bright idea to tie a length of rope to it and attach it to a Seme. We talked Kavala into sitting in it for a nice ride through the snow. Once we talked her into getting in the shield, Akela whacked the big horse on the arse and it took off running." His eyes grew bright and his smile widened at the memory. "Kav held on for dear life and the Seme ran out into the grass. Then I whistled for it, and as it turned back, the shield whipped around, skipping over the snow and Kavala went flying off, rolling over and over across the ground. She was not happy with us. I thinks she said something relating us to the Seme's backside!" Van chuckled a bit, looking out towards the horses.

His gaze returned to Khiara's. "We will have a fine winter my love."
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Previous