Titles and Fonts

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

Titles and Fonts

Postby Nadala on January 10th, 2011, 11:18 pm

Hey I was wondering if anyone know how to make cool titles for the CS with cool fonts.

Also does anyone know how to make the title sort of fade away at the edges? The places I tried do the fading thing but with a white or sepia background instead of just invisible.
Nadala
of The Golden Claws

Words: 27084
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Titles and Fonts

Postby Gossamer on January 11th, 2011, 12:49 am

You need to make them .png files
for the invis background feature.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Titles and Fonts

Postby Nadala on January 11th, 2011, 1:59 am

.... you aren't talking to the most computer savvy person out there... I'm actually probably the least knowledgeable person with any and all things computer related D:

Is there (in layman's terms) a way to make this picture not have a solid black background? Without any special programs, that is.

Nadala
of The Golden Claws

Words: 27084
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Titles and Fonts

Postby Kelpie on January 11th, 2011, 4:29 am

Yes, save it as a .png, just as Gossamer said.

Of course you will have to redo it on photoshop or whatever program you did it on, choose a transparent background then save it as .png. If you have gimp I'm sure it does the same thing.
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Titles and Fonts

Postby Ezra Folles on January 11th, 2011, 4:43 am

If you do it in photoshop, create two layers. Place the background color on one (I usually use black), and the text on the other. That way, you can see what the text looks like on a background. When you're done making the text, just delete or turn off the visibility of the background layer and save your image as a .png instead of a .jpg (.jpgs do not suppoert transparancy!)
Ezra Folles
Ex-Shinya

Words: 13564
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2010, 7:47 am
Race: Human
Character sheet