PM to join Inside the Shadow (Autumn)

resolve deepening, Ennisa attempts to find out more about Clement, hopefully with a bit of assistance

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Inside the Shadow (Autumn)

Postby Autumn Rose on December 6th, 2019, 3:55 am

When Autumn asked for Itzi’s whereabouts, Ennisa stopped and thought a few moments before mentioning she had followed them to a home in the Okomo Estates. Autumn knew a home there, Candace’s home, though it had been some time since she had visited. Autumn still didn’t like thinking about that night at the Catholicon.

Rather than heading out right away, Ennisa regarded Autumn with something in her eyes. Autumn couldn’t quite tell what. Caution, maybe. Hesitance. If the woman had had previous contact with Laure, Autumn couldn’t blame her for a sense of fear or distrust, especially when ghosts were involved. Whatever it was though, Ennisa had more concern for her friend than what this new apparition might do to her and started to lead the way.

Autumn fell in alongside her, making the motions of walking though it was not necessary for her to move. The weightless drift of spirits tended to make the living uncomfortable. If it made those around her more comfortable, she would make the effort. She wouldn’t say it aloud, but she needed friends. And friends, she knew, began with acquaintances. This was an opportunity, a rare one for her.

"I'll lead you there. What was your name? I haven't had chance to thank you for your intervention yet."

Hoping to cultivate any sense of trust or good that Ennisa might see in her, Autumn smiled, a gentle caring smile, the kind she had always given the children on Black Rock. “I’m Autumn, and there’s no need to thank me, Ennisa.” Her smile slipped away when she thought about what was being done to Itzi. “It had to be done. They meant to drug and rape her, all so they could do what couldn’t be done in life. Death makes one desperate, but there are some things that are unacceptable.”

Ennisa returned Autumn’s smile, though a hint of the previous hesitation remained. "I should warn you too that Itzi isn't herself at the moment. Stupidly, she actually believed that man, whatever he told her. Even if we do find her, it might be a challenge to actually convince her to come with us."

Autumn sighed, and her mist began to swirl more rapidly in agitation. She was about to say something Ennisa wouldn’t want to hear. “I meant what I said, child. You can never trust the living. There will always be those among them who are willing to do what is being done to Itzi, to do what was done to me. But it’s not just them you can’t trust.

“Itzi is your friend. But she is human. She is living, and she has already made this mistake once. What’s to keep her from doing it again? Like you said, she believed him, and if she fell for someone once, she can do it again.

“But the person you should trust least is yourself. She’s your friend. You care for her, and that opens you up to all sorts of danger. You care, and it’s already put you in danger once. Care too much, and it will break you.”

Autumn went silent for a little while as they continued to work their way across mountaintops. Watching from her vantage point, from death, gave her a perspective no one else had. She could see from a bird’s eye view. Looking at life from beyond it let her see things in a new light. People didn’t like being told these things though.

As they were crossing the bride to Sharai Peak, Autumn piped up once more. It didn’t matter how much her previous words may have angered her new acquaintance. Ennisa had to hear this. “Even if we find Itzi and no one stops us from taking her home, this isn’t over. I’ve met creatures like those two, and they will not stop until they have what they want. It might not be the next woman, but eventually they will find someone with less determined friends, less dogged friends, or even worse no friends at all, and they will do this to her. This has to end, child, and we are the only ones who know it is being done. It doesn’t have to be today, but it will have to be soon.”

Ennisa brought them to a doorstep, and Autumn held back hesitantly. “I don’t know if I’ll do much good here. I’m a stranger, and I doubt Itzi will want to see another ghost. But if you want, I’ll come.”
Autumn Rose
Even weightless, I'm a burden.

Words: 223913
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2019, 12:12 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Ennisa on December 9th, 2019, 12:22 pm

"speech"
"others"

Ennisa listened to Autumn's advice, and in many ways, the ghost was right. However, she did not want to listen, and did not want her to be right. Her forehead furrowed into a frown. "Itzi wouldn't do something like this again. She's never done it before. There's nothing to say she would fall for this kind of petcher again. Once we've brought her home, I'm sure she won't go down that path. And I know her better than you."

She shook her head. "Whatever happens, I'll be there for her. Friendship is worth more than personal safety, don't you think?" Ennisa swept her hair back from her face resolutely. It didn't matter that Autumn had probably been dead longer than Ennisa had been alive, and it didn't matter what events she'd experienced and what wisdom living through those events had brought her. The fact of the matter was that she would not abandon Itzi, even if it meant going down with her.

They fell silent for a while as they continued their trek. Ennisa tried to banish the ghost's words of reason to the back of her brain, but she couldn't help dwelling on them, and on her friendship with Itzi. When Autumn spoke up once more, Ennisa tilted her head a little to listen to her words. This time, she agreed. "Oh yes, we will have to end this." Their conversation seemed like a pact, but a vague pact in words only. Still, Ennisa felt a little more comfortable with the ghost. The more she spoke, the more trustworthy she seemed. The more... normal. Human, even. She smiled a tight little smile in Autumn's direction. "We'll get Itzi first."

Once they reached the house, they stopped at the doorway. There was absolutely no guarantee Itzi would be inside, or even that Clement or Laure hadn't gotten there first. Autumn hesitated. "I don’t know if I’ll do much good here." Ennisa considered her. Her voice was low when she replied. "I need you. Itzi didn't listen to me last time, whether that was Clement, or... You're someone who can back me up. She will just have to see past your..." She gestured at Autumn's soulmist. "... form."

She turned back to the door and gingerly placed her hand on the handle. More to herself than anything, she steeled herself and said, "Right." With a quiet click, she opened the unlocked door and crept inside.

The door opened on to a short corridor with two archways leading off, one on the left and one on the right. She crept in quietly, and listened carefully with her ear cocked. The house was almost silent. There was a soft snuffling kind of sound coming from the right doorway, but no footsteps and no other sounds. She turned to look at Autumn with wide eyes, and then began to speak.

"Itzi? Are you here?" The snuffling stopped. Ennisa edged closer to the archway on the right. "Itzi, if that's you, are you alone?" There was still no answer from within the room. The house had dropped even quieter. Ennisa was surprised at the coolness of the house, because despite the warm temperature of the season, the building was decidedly chilly.

Ennisa took a deep breath, and with her hand still grasped around the hilt of her dagger, she stepped into the room.

And drew another breath.

Itzi was lying in a bed. It was pushed up against the wall, and it's sheets were twisted and tangled around her shivering body. She was a picture of abject misery, so much as to almost be uncomfortable to watch. Her lips parted as if she was considering what to say, but then she saw Autumn. She shrank back so that she was pressed against the wall, and terror struck her. "I... I..."

Ennisa's heart lurched and she leapt into action. She rushed forwards and reached for the woman's hand. "Hey hey hey, it's okay! Everything's okay now. That's Autumn, she's friendly. She won't hurt you. We won't hurt you. Come along now, I'm here to take you home."

But Itzi didn't move. Her eyes were fixed on Autumn as if the ghost would swoop down and devour her. Her head shook with tiny tremors of fear. "I can't. I can't! I can't. Please go away Enni. Clement loves me, he does he does he does, and I can't. He needs me. Make her go away, Enni!" But Ennisa held onto her hand tight, tight enough to pinch the frightened young woman's skin, and shook her head. "We need to leave. Clement doesn't care about you. Please, just..." She tilted her head to Autumn, an essence of pleading in her eyes. "Make her see, Autumn."

Sharai | Shinyama | Zintia (home) | Tenten | Sartu (work)
4-6, Dawn Rest | 10-12, Noon Rest | 16-18, Dusk Rest | 22-24, Midnight Rest

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Words: 261967
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2019, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Autumn Rose on December 14th, 2019, 1:06 am

“Friendship is worth more than personal safety, don’t you think?”

Personal safety was all Autumn had wanted Maro to be concerned about. He, like most men, was unobservant and hadn’t caught on to her subtle hints as to what her wishes were. Instead, he had poured his efforts into making the world a little brighter for those around him, a little less sad, even if he didn’t know them. That, and into Autumn. His chiefest concern had always been her happiness, and his existence had revolved around each next attempt to make her smile.

She wished Maro could have lived a long, healthy life, even if that meant he had never known her, but something about that thought stopped her mid wish. Once he had thought the same of her, and she had chastised him for it. Maro, in all his oddities and lack of wisdom, was the best thing to ever happen to her and the worst. Undoubtedly, the most profound. The joy he brought to her existence was unfathomable, but that only made his loss all the more difficult to bear.

Friendship had meant everything to Autumn, but a lack of concern for personal safety had taken him from her, had taken his friendship with the loss of his life. Being dead gave her a different perspective. A misguided sense of altruism and heroism had left her alone, but the living could be stubborn. Autumn pressed no further on the matter.

But as stubborn as Ennisa was, she knew she needed help. From the sounds of it, she had tried this before, and for obvious reason, Autumn could tell it hadn’t worked. Ennisa was willing to trust Autumn, for Itzi’s sake.

“Itzi didn’t listen the last time,” Ennisa admitted. “You’re someone who can back me up. She will just have to see past your… form.”

With that, Ennisa led them into the home, into Itzi’s prison. That thought terrified and repulsed Autumn. A home should never be a prison, but she knew it happened often. Inside, there was the sound of someone sniffling coming from a doorway on the right, and Ennisa crept forward, her hand set on the grip of her dagger and her voice calling for her friend. It didn’t take long, but anticipation made it longer.

And then, there was Itzi. Here was everything they had fought for, and Autumn had to admit she didn’t find the woman impressive. In fact, Itzi was the opposite of that. The woman was curled into a desolate ball in sheets stained with sweat, her head on a pillow stained with tears. Exhaustive possession had a stench to it, foul and insidious. Not that Autumn actually smelled anything, but it was the closest sense she could come up with to describe the experience to the living. It was as if the soul had been so displaced from control of its own body that it was losing its attachment. The scent she caught was that of the soul bleeding out past the edges of the body. It was an unnatural thing, almost as unnatural as the ghosts who caused it.

But when Ennisa walked through the door, Itzi’s eyes lit up with recognition. Hope came with it, and Itzi opened her mouth to say something when she saw Autumn hovering behind her friend. Whatever she had to say died on her lips, smothered by fear, but Ennisa was by her side in a moment to comfort her.

What Autumn had feared came true. “Make her go away, Enni.”

Autumn shouldn’t have come. If Itzi was resistant already, leaving her feeling threatened would only make her more so. Ennisa tried once more to calm her friend, but her emotion ran high, and desperation stole her ability to think.

She did something Autumn wasn’t prepared for. Ennisa asked her for help. “Make her see, Autumn.”

For a moment, Autumn didn’t know what to do. There were ways a ghost could make someone see. She had heard of ghost who, through possession, could transfer memories to another, and what she had seen today would tell Itzi everything she needed to know. But Autumn didn’t have the know how to do that. Even as the thought crossed her mind, she realized that was not what Ennisa had asked her for. It wasn’t ‘Make her see.’ It was ‘Make her see.’

She looked at the two living women before her and saw them, truly saw them for who they were. Both were broken and scared, one by what had happened to her, the other by what had happened to the one she held dearest. They were scared, frightened. Children.

Children she knew. Children she could understand and relate to, and in seeing the two this way, Autumn’s heart broke for them.

She moved toward the two on the bed, reining in her chaotic mists despite her fear and frustration and anger to give the room a sense of calm. Her blue eyes were soft, full of the kind of sorrow that could only come from the understanding of experiencing something similar.

“Itzi, I’m not here to hurt you. I can’t call you friend, because we’ve never met. One day, maybe we will be. But I know you have no reason to trust me. I only ask you to hear me out. Please. I’m not here to hurt you.”

Itzi just shrank deeper into the wall, clutched the hand in hers even more tightly. She didn’t shriek. She didn’t fight. She didn’t run.

Autumn took that as a good sign and went on. “I know it can be difficult to see past your love for someone. It happened to me, before I died, but I saw the person my lover claimed to be for what he truly was, and it saved me. I’m not accusing. I know you love him. Perhaps, he loves you too.”

It was dangerous to give Clement any credibility for Itzi to latch on to, but to call him what he was would only further alienate Itzi from her. She needed Itzi to hear her. Not just hear, but listen.

“I can tell you’ve been possessed and not just once. Your soul has a feeling to it. It is tired. You are tired. I understand. Did you have a choice?”

Autumn didn’t let the question sit long. “Itzi, did he tell you you had to do things?”

The point was not whether he had asked, cajoled, or forced. It had happened, so Autumn didn’t let this question sit long either.

“How many times did he let her enter you?” She didn’t ask, but other questions were implied. How many times was he inside you? How many times did they enter you together?

It was rape. Even if Clement had never touched her, what Laure had done was rape of the soul. Autumn imagined the ghost wasn’t the only offender though. Rape. Something in Autumn’s soul snapped at that. Disgust. Dirty. Hopeless. She felt those things, and an audible crack split the air at the leap of her mist. Itzi pressed closer to Ennisa, but Autumn calmed herself and the mists around her once again. Tears materialized and ran down her face.

“Itzi, do you know how many times Ennisa will let me enter you?”

Itzi’s nails dug into Ennisa’s arms in fear of the answer.

“None.” Autumn sighed. “Even if you tell her you’re not leaving, she won’t let me force you. She wouldn’t let me violate you. I don’t know about Clement, but I do know Ennisa. She loves you. I can’t make you do anything. I can’t make you see. I can only show you and let you use your own two eyes.”
Autumn Rose

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Ennisa on December 21st, 2019, 6:14 pm

"speech"
"others"

Ennisa gripped her friend's hand tight as they both listened to what the ghost had to say. Autumn was calm and measured in a way that Ennisa respected and deeply appreciated. She realised Itzi was sick with love, and Autumn was acting as a balm for that sickness. The ghost wasn't the doctor, or even the cure; that would come later, with time and patience she hoped. But her words seemed to have some kind of effect on the miserable young woman curled up in the bed, and Ennisa's heart eased a little as she carefully studied her friend's face, watching the emotions flickering over her features. The fact that she was paying attention and not shying away seemed to be a positive. Autumn's words were seeping through the blank fear to the rational woman buried beneath.

"I do know Ennisa. She loves you." Itzi smiled upon hearing those words. Though her face was pale, that smile instantly brought a bit of clammy colour to her cheeks. Ennisa impulsively leant forwards to brush the dried tears from her cool skin. Anything for a bit of human warmth and love. Ennisa cast a brief glance at the ghostly woman, who had shared a little of her own experiences. She knew there and then that she trusted the spirit in a way she couldn't explain, except that she knew she had helped her in a genuine way, and she appreciated it much more deeply than she ever expected to. She nodded her gratitude, silently vowed to somehow repay the favour, and gently lifted a limp Itzi into an upright position without much resistance.

Now was the challenge of building upon Autumn's reasoning to convince Itzi to up and leave the house. Ennisa figured that staying calm would be key. There was no need to go over the top, no need to cry or cajole or beg. She'd tried begging before, and she'd been met with denial. No, rational discussion was best. She shuffled her position to look Itzi in the eyes, her hands folded carefully on the crumpled sheets in front of her.

"Itzi, Autumn is right. I won't force you to come away. I won't force you to leave. But I'd like you to think. Set aside the here and now, and all the things that have happened with that ghost. Think about this time last year. Do you remember? Me and you, we went to find Sali and the others. We ended up drinking and partying into the dawn rest with those three ladies from that performance group at the Springwater Square. Then earlier this year we walked all the way to see that girl, Bekia I think her name was, from when we were younger? And when we got there she'd moved house." Ennisa laughed a little as she remembered all the silly, crazy things they'd done together. Her laugh faded as she smiled sadly down at her friend.

"Don't you miss those times? There's nothing to say we can't do all that again. Just... Clement. Would he let you? And think, truly, about the answer to that."

Itzi did. Her face furrowed. Ennisa looked at her friend's expression, the wave of hope, the dashing of that hope on the rocks of Clement's supposed love, the dejection. The rejection. When she finally answered, her voice was cracked and quiet. "I always thought he would let me do those things, he always said I could. But then, I haven't really seen you all season, Enni. I thought you didn't want to see me. But I suppose he wouldn't let me." She phrased it like a question. "But why?"

Ennisa gritted her teeth briefly, and drew a deep breath. Everything her friend said came out tainted from Clement and Laure's influence. It was beyond a joke, and difficult to comprehend. Simple things, like recognising that someone was bad, seemed like difficult tasks to Itzi, and Ennisa had frayed patience at the best of times. Yet, this was her best friend, her dearest friend, and she would not let her down now. How could she respond?

"He loves you. I think he loves you too much, perhaps. Maybe that clouds his perception of things. I don't really know. But what I do know is that I miss you. I really miss you, Itzi, and I want you to be happy and well again. Even if it's just for a few days, I think it would be good to come away from this house." She forensically studied her friend's face, looking for any changes in her expression, but Itzi shifted her gaze to study her fingers, knotted into the blanket.

"He'll miss me if he comes back. He'll want to know where I am," she said quietly. Ennisa truly felt like shouting, 'he doesn't care!', but she reigned herself in. It was like treading on eggshells - she was terrified that whatever she said would plunge the woman back into Clement's arms. She felt as if Itzi was centimetres away from agreeing to leave, but the cloud of Clement's false love hung over her like a weighted net, and Ennisa didn't know the correct way to remove it.

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Ennisa on December 30th, 2019, 12:07 am

"speech"
"others"

No-one, not Ennisa, not even Autumn, could say the perfect thing to convince Itzi one way or another. Yet nevertheless, it was down to her. She swallowed, and paused briefly as Itzi shuffled awkwardly. Ennisa suddenly saw her from an outsider's perspective - this sad, lonely woman, mentally beaten and physically exhausted. She was pitiful. Ennisa pitied her, and that was an uncomfortable feeling. Throughout their shared childhood, Itzi had always been an equal to her. They shared everything, but neither one took from the other, or gave too much. They practiced balance. Now, Ennisa couldn't stop herself from seeing Itzi as Autumn surely saw her. Diminished. Small. She needed to say something just to stop herself from seeing her friend in this altered light. To distract herself. She needed to say something, anything, to get things back to how they used to be.

"He might miss you. That's undeniable, and I know you will miss him too. Yet, nevertheless, you need to leave. I'm scared for you, Itz. You look so tired and pale. I'm worried about this ghost woman, and what she's been doing to you. Most of all, I know that Clement has changed you into a person you wouldn't recognise. Think of all the times we've spent together, all the hilarious scrapes and thoughtful nights chatting. Look at yourself, for all the god's sakes!"

Ennisa scrambled from the bed and grabbed a small hand mirror that lay on the side. The dully polished metal glinted in the weak daylight that filtered into the room, and Ennisa tilted it towards her friend so she could look. She wanted her to see her own reflection. Itzi looked up slowly, as if fearful of what she would see there. Ennisa's stomach curled as she watched yet more tears streaking silently down her friend's face as she studied her own pale reflection.

"I don't have a picture of you to show you last season, but I can see you in my mind's eye. The face is only a brief glance at the emotions hiding within, and you look terrible, yet you used to have this spark of life in you that makes me smile so very much. That joy is almost gone now Itzi, and that terrifies me. Come away with us."

Itzi dropped the mirror, which fell onto the sheets with a soft thud. She roughly wiped her face with her hands. Ennisa pulled back away from the bed and went to stand nearer to Autumn. To her immense relief, Itzi stirred and swung herself out of bed. She stood shivering, but Ennisa didn't have anything to cover her, so instead she stepped forwards and pulled her into a brief but fierce hug. "That's it, Itz."

With that, she ushered the hunched young woman from the house and carefully shut the door behind her. Autumn, Itzi, and Ennisa walked slowly back from the Okomo Estates to their home on Zintia Peak. Ennisa and Itzi were quiet. Itzi was caught up in her own thoughts, which were sometimes interspersed with more scattered tears, and barely said a thing. Ennisa too was thinking, though she tried her hardest not to.

She cast a glance in Autumn's direction, and remembered her silent vow. She liked to think she was honourable, and because she couldn't think how she would ever see Autumn again, she dropped into line with the ghost and spoke the things she needed to say to her. "Autumn, I need to tell you that I'm grateful for your help today. I don't normally trust people all that easily, but you've helped me and Itzi out far more than I could have ever expected. For that, and everything, I'm thankful. If there's ever anything I can do to repay you, then you can find me on the 2nd floor of the Solar Winds. Mine and Itzi's door is dark green, with a circular brass doorknob. Just, come in, and ask. I'll do my best to help you as you've helped me." Ennisa offered her hand for the ghost to shake, and then shamefacedly remembered Autumn was in fact a ghost, and wouldn't be able to. She dropped her hand to her waist, and stared after the slowly trudging form of Itzi.

There was much to do to fix the damage Clement had caused. Of that she was certain. She knew she would have to take him and his ghostly woman down, if only so that Itzi didn't do something stupid and go back to him. Partially because he got under her skin in a way that she couldn't abide. Partially because he had bested her, and she hated that. It was also likely that she would need Autumn's help again. She decided not to beat around the bush, though nevertheless she lowered her voice so Itzi couldn't hear her. "Besides, I want to stop Clement and his ghost companion from doing any further harm, and I can't see myself being able to do that on my own. If you would be willing, I would greatly appreciate your help with that, though I don't yet know what we can do." She frowned.

Whatever they decided, Ennisa knew that next season would be a season of further uncertainty. The thought filled her with an unease that swirled in her stomach in a physical as well as mental way. There was Itzi to bring back to normal and Clement to vanquish, but no clear path to either. Most of her life until now was clear-cut, and if she was honest, easy. This was muddy, cloudy, and difficult. Ennisa wasn't sure she was up to the challenge, but by gods she would try.

oocI'm finished, but if you would like/are able to, I'd love a reply, then I'll either add it to the grade pile or self-grade it when I can! Thank you for the thread, that was great fun. :D

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Autumn Rose on January 8th, 2020, 10:45 pm

Autumn wasn’t sure what it was Ennisa said that convinced Itzi to leave or if the trapped woman realized she was exactly that and was just too tired to keep doing the same thing she’d been doing. It didn’t matter though. What mattered was withing a few chimes the three of them were walking down a pathway away from the house that had been Itzi’s prison. The three of them walked, Autumn included out of some bait long held from life, each lost in a myriad of their own thoughts.

Something about the entirety of the day awoke Autumn’s motherly qualities, the ones that had made her so valuable at the schoolhouse on Black Rock, the ones that had truly awoken the day she was given Maro to raise. Her first thought went out to the two she walked with.

Would they be alright? The answer that came from the depths of Autumn’s soul was a resounding yes. Itzi had Ennisa; and Ennisa, Itzi. The two had each other, and for that reason, they would pull through this.

And then the more frightening thought came to mind.

What if she, Autumn, disappeared? Who would come looking for her? The answer that oozed itself out of ever corner of her being, though she tried to bury it, was no one. She was along.

It was in the midst of this thought that she realized Ennisa had fallen in next to her and matched her stride. Autumn listened closely to the words that came from the other woman’s lips. This was not friendship, not yet. It was a favor owed, but Autumn would take whatever she could get.

“For that, and everything, I’m thankful. If there’s ever anything I can do to repay you-” Ennisa described where she lived and how to find them. “Just come in, and ask. I’ll do my best to help you as you’ve helped me.”

A warm hand was extended in… in Autumn didn’t know what. A pact? Maybe. Friendship? She doubted it but would happily accept it if it were so. The hand fell away when the person behind it realized the ghost before her had no hand to offer in return.

Ennisa went on in a whisper Itzi wouldn’t overhear. “Besides, I want to stop Clement and his ghost companion from doing any further harm, and I can’t see myself being able to do that on my own. If you would be willing, I would greatly appreciate your help with that, though I don’t yet know what we can do.”

A frown emphasized her last statement, and Autumn refused to leave things at this. Her hand reached out and met the living woman’s shoulder, a gentle push of her mist imitating the pressure of a reassuring squeeze from a hand, albeit a very frigid one. Autumn kept her mists harnessed in close so as not to cause too much discomfort. It was a human gesture, warm and kind, and Autumn matched it with her warmest smile. “You start simply, by undoing what they did to her. A time will come for dealing with Clement and Laure directly. Until then, rest and prepare. If you need me, when you need me, you’ll find me where you found me today. Ask for Gweneveh.”

Autumn watched Itzi as the woman trudged wearily out ahead of them. “For now though, she needs you. One thing at a time. One day at a time. That’s how the both of you will get through this.

“It won’t be easy, Ennisa. They’ve done a number on her, but she has you, and I feel there’s more strength in Itzi than meets the eye. She’ll come back from this. A little more broken, sure, but a whole lot stronger, too, I imagine.”

Autumn turned to Ennisa. “It’s not just her that needs healing, Ennisa. Make sure you take time to look after yourself as well.”

She didn’t begrudge the woman the long path that lay ahead of her. With a tired sigh of the soul, Autumn evaporated into autumn air, taking her chill with her. Sometimes, it was better to be alone.
Autumn Rose

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on January 15th, 2020, 9:54 pm

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Ennisa

Skills
  • Writing: 1xp
  • Planning: 4xp
  • Investigation: 2xp
  • Stealth: 1xp
  • Observation: 5xp
  • Socialization: 3xp
  • Running: 1xp
  • Unarmed Combat: 2xp
  • Endurance: 1xp
  • Intimidation: 2xp
  • Rhetoric: 3xp
  • Persuasion: 3xp

Lores
  • Planning: get it down in writing
  • Stealth: impromptu tailing
  • Lore of the haunting of the Red Lantern
  • Socialization: the completely normal experience of talking to ghosts
  • Lore of the signs of ghostly presence
  • Laure: Clement's ghost
  • Unarmed Combat: fists and nails
  • Intimidation: a threat on a life
  • Lore of the uncomfortable intimacy of a manifesting ghost
  • Eilened: Autumn's acquaintance
  • Friendship: worth more than safety
  • Autumn: is owed a debt

Awards & Retribution

Notes
What an amazing story! A lot of people (myself included) focus on PC interactions in threads too often and miss the chance to tell a complex, intriguing, wonderful story. And the way you can tie other people into this ongoing plot is so good. I'd read a whole novel about Ennisa against the horror of Clemet's evil machinations.

As always, don't be afraid to tell me if you have concerns about the grade!

Autumn Rose

Skills
  • Materialization: 3xp
  • Soulmist Projection: 3xp

Lores
  • Lore of the will to exist
  • Materialization: the pain of being hit
  • Lore of intervening in a fight
  • Materialization: the uncomfortable sensation of being touched
  • Ennisa: rushes heedlessly into danger
  • Clemet: a rapist
  • Laure: Clement's ghost
  • Lore of ghost combat
  • Eilened: cares about Autumn's wellbeing
  • Lore of lying to Eilened
  • Ennisa: potential friend?
  • Life Advice: never trust the living
  • Itzi: Ennisa's friend
  • Persuasion: coaxing
  • Possession: has a smell

Awards & Retribution

Notes
Autumn has so much personality to her. Even without the backstory snippets I really get the sense that she's a sweet woman who got dropped off the deep end. And her chemistry with Ennisa is top notch. Could it be that our lonely ghostie has found her first friend? ;)

Also, ghost combat. That is all.

Give me a nudge if you have concerns about the grade! I'm always open to improving my loot distribution.
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous