Closed Ice and Grit (Moritz)

climbing in the snow

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Ennisa on March 23rd, 2020, 4:00 pm

"speech"
"others"

The okomo went past her with a gracefulness that she could only dream of. That was no surprise; her own pace was snail-like, and the okomo was clearly a clever creature. She was nearing the bottom of the outcrop, when with sudden surety, she looked down to see what the okomo was up to. By all the gods and goddesses..-! He'd gone for her cloak. Her new cloak. Oh, for petch's sake..-! She hurried down, and in her haste she slipped and slid the last couple of feet. She landed awkwardly on her feet (just about), but she'd grabbed the stone surface to keep herself upright, and her right hand had a decent-sized scrape across the palm.

It was as she was swearing colourfully and gathering herself that the okomo changed. There was a bright flash from underneath the cloak, and suddenly the shape underneath the draped cloth was different. More person-like. Ennisa narrowed her eyes, and her dull blue eyes narrowed further when her suspicions were confirmed. A human hand pointed out from underneath her cloak. It was pointed accusingly at her; the okomo was rather cheeky, she thought, to be so accusing, considering he'd nicked her cloak. She folded her arms across her chest, and tried not to shiver now that her newly stretched muscles weren't working as hard.

There were further surprises. The okomo turned out to be a kid. Just a kid, of perhaps about five years old, with peculiar hair and baleful, okomo eyes. She scoffed as he began to talk in that barely formed way small children favoured. She understood his meaning, but only just about enough to pick out the important words the child threw at her.

"I'm not rude, you.. what was it, Moritz?" She continued, petulantly. "It's a free country, free enough for me to go about where I want, do what I want, look at what I want. If the Infinity Manor happens to be in my way whilst I'm out for a good bit of fresh air, then so what? What are you" she sneered, "Going to do about it? That's right, nothing." It occurred to her that she was arguing with a child, something which would only ever make her look like a bully. But she was tired, and pissed off, and... since when did she need to make excuses?

Still, perhaps she could be a bit more careful. Moritz had said some things, and she was now twigging those things. "Is live in house!" That was a fascinating one. Maybe she'd been too hasty. Maybe she'd glean more information from this okomo kid that from simple vision alone. She narrowed her eyes thoughtfully this time. Before Moritz got too peeved with her, she mused out loud softly. "Although... Moritz, you're obviously a clever one."

"Tell you what. I'll admit I may not initially have had the best intentions coming up here. There. You saw through me there, didn't you?" She removed her crossed arms from their defensive position across her chest, and casually put her hands on her hips instead. Her head cocked, and she smiled. If Madeira was there, she'd recognise it as being the fake, smarmy, sickly-sweet smile that was steadily becoming synonymous with Miss Sky.

She motioned air quotes with her fingers. "'Not the best intentions.' I suppose that's a bit too harsh of a phrase. What I mean is that I did want a look at your house. But there's no need to worry, Moritz, because I've been there before. I know Madeira. She is my tutor, I her apprentice. Didn't you know?" Theatrically and slightly condescendingly, she pointed one gentle finger at herself. "I'm Miss Sky. Whilst I was in the area, I thought I'd see if anyone was in. But I'll pop round another day, Moritz." She smiled again, but the smile didn't reach her eyes.
credit : Ines
Sharai | Shinyama | Zintia (home) | Tenten | Sartu (work)
4-6, Dawn Rest | 10-12, Noon Rest | 16-18, Dusk Rest | 22-24, Midnight Rest

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Words: 261967
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2019, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Moritz Craven on March 30th, 2020, 1:46 am

Moritz stared with his unflinching gaze back at the woman, listening to her words and taking them for what he felt they were worth. In that he felt they were worth very little. He knew enough of liars to know that they lied, and that one offering of truth did not make someone not a liar.

He frowned at some of her unusual words, not clear on what she was meaning. He was not sure what a country was, nor why she thought it was free, but he was fairly certain they were in a city-Lhavit-not a country. Whatever that was. Maybe the woman had hit her head, and was confused?

"Whaz crunchy? Is city. Lauve-it. Not crunchy. Who is say crunchy free? No one give way place no cost."

He was fairly certain though, confused or not, the woman was still lying. Making up some story of just looking about, and happening upon his house... Which seemed quite at odds with the facts of the situation.

He was about to call her on this further lie, when she decided to turn tail on her former lies and tell a new story of the situation completely.

Perhaps the woman would notice the tilt of his head change as she said the phrase relating to threatening or calling him on his own empty intent. What would he do about it? What was he going to do about her? A tilt of his head downward, which to a human might appear as shame or hiding ones eyes. But to an Okomo was clear body language showing anger and intent to charge someone.

As the woman, having just finished trying to be rude and bully him and say his words were empty and without any real threat, now turned to being sweet. Something that he instinctively turned from, and knew not to trust. Or perhaps it was simply logic, rather than instinct. At least, basic logic, which said that someone who was a proven liar, who when threats failed would turn to other attempts such as being nice... Whichever it was, instinct or logic, he trusted the woman even less now that she had flip flopped and decided sweet niceness was to be her angle.

He did not pay any attention to her face, or her smile, ignoring that as without value. Instead he judged the woman on her past actions, and decided how he would act in relation to her based on that. That seemed much more likely to be successful, he felt, than trying to puzzle out what her face meant with her not words.

Tilting his head for a moment, Moritz considered all she had said, before responding.

"I sink... What is I sink. I sink you is lie, liar lady. Not trust words. Juss cus mit lie fore, not mean not lie now. If only want know if any at house, why not go to house? Seem odd, look at from far. From where no one see, if look. So I think, you is lie. Bad at lie, but still lie. I not like lie, liar lady. I not care, you know mommy, nor you her prentace. An I not think she know you here, sneaking. If here for good, for truth, no need sneak. Is call door. You know. Say hello. So not sure what, but you lie sumpin, or not sneak."

Cocking his head the other way, Moritz continued to meet the woman's gaze, his head still held downward at an aggressive angle for an Okomo or any other such charging horned animal.

"I also sink, you not so smart, if be rude Okomo in Lauve-it. I sink Okomo, more citenen than you'se. What is I could do? Since ask... I could go home, tell mommy what happen. If no lie, no bad, then she not care. Or if is lie, or bit lie, or be sneak, she do care of truth of stuff. Or maybe I juss turn back Okomo, and sit you, till tell truth. Okomo big, stronger, in you. You not seem so smart lady. Forget not juss as now. Also Okomo. I juss Okomo, chime go, seem quick you not member. You seem talk lot, but not mean much from liar lady."

Moritz would say this all calmly and evenly toned, rather matter of factly, even the bits about sitting on the woman using his Okomo form. If he understood enunciation or tonality in his speech he clearly was not using it, which would make it that much harder to tell how serious or threatening Moritz was being.
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Ennisa on April 13th, 2020, 3:53 pm

"speech"
"others"

For a small child, he had a lot to say. Ennisa listened carefully to his speech, as on occasion his words were difficult to interpret due to his age, but she rankled upon hearing the equal threats he sent her way. Begrudgingly though, she dialled back her frustration. The kid had the upper hand. He probably knew it too, she thought. Their current trajectory of tit-for-tat arguments would get her nowhere, she saw now. Instead, she forced herself to relax. She tilted her palms up conciliatory.

"Okay. Okay, Moritz. Yes, I'm a liar lady. That's me." She shrugged. "So what? Everyone lies on occasion. Don't tell me you've never lied to your mum, or your dad. I just lie a little more than most. But I lie to protect myself from people like your mother. Madeira." She stepped a little closer, so that she could see the lad a little clearer.

"Despite what you think, I'm not causing anyone any harm up here. It's sneaky and shady. I agree. I get why you're angry at me, though I'd ask that you please don't sit on me." She smiled, a curious little twitch of her lips. "I bet you're heavier than you look, and I don't want you cracking my ribs." She thought quickly, trying to see a way to placate the situation. Moritz had a surprisingly level head on his shoulders. For that, she had to give Madeira and her mad Kelvic partner credit. They were decent parents, so it seemed. In a way, it was an interesting perspective of Madeira, to view her through the eyes of her son. Moritz obviously thought she was a fair and truthful woman. Any child would think that of their mother figure. When Ennisa was younger, she wouldn't have allowed anyone to speak poorly of her own mother, except perhaps herself. Moritz was more than likely the same.

She ran a hand through her hair and picked out a bit of moss and grit that had fallen in from the climb, then rubbed her hands across her cool arms. Perhaps a bit of movement was in order. "You want to know the truth, don't you Moritz, but you also won't believe a word I say. That's correct, isn't it? You think I've lied too often, which, I suppose is fair. Maybe we could walk together back to your house, and you can get your mommy to interro-.. to ask me what I was doing. Does that sound more reasonable? Maybe I can try to explain myself a little better to you along the way. Though, I have to say, I won't be able to stay long. I've got a little someone who's waiting on me to return home soon."

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Moritz Craven on April 22nd, 2020, 11:07 pm

Moritz frowned and cocked his head, clearly deeply thinking about something. It was her words on lying... Surely... Surely he had lied. Surely... Everyone lied. That was her thought. It was not true of course, but it said much about how the woman saw the world to the young kelvic.

But it did leave him wondering if her words said more about herself, her being a liar and so seeing lies in others, or in her being an adult and as an adult expecting and making lies in turn... Such a concept seemed as foreign to him as climbing a mountain did to a fish. It just was not reasonable to even consider it. But clearly he needed to consider it, if others thought in such a fashion.

"I not lie afore. Always better, tell truth. Others lie, not nice, I not. Juss cussin others lie, juss cussin you lie, or mommy lie, not mean every lie. When I say, is trust, want what say mean what say, want what say have... Value... Lie like dry dirt, no good. No value."

Coming to the conclusion that the woman would likely not agree with him, Moritz considered the situation and decided to press onward. She would either tell the truth or lie, but his words at this point seemed unlikely to change her methods, her being grown and decided as she was.

Moritz spoke as usual, matter of factly, not really focusing overly much on what he said. Such would be required if he was weaving a tale, but as he was simply telling his own objective truth there was no need for such.

"I not sittin on, if not havva sittin on."

Peering around, Moritz paused for a moment in consideration, before beginning to walk back to his house. It was a bit chill outside, but his feet were tough and not overly affected by the temperature so long as he kept moving and did not let the cold soak in too deep in one spot. If the woman followed, then she followed. Though, in hindsight he did consider, he was still wearing her bit of cloth.

"Home fine. If wanna, can come with. But mommy not at house now. But can ask her later, if want."
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Ennisa on April 27th, 2020, 8:29 pm

"speech"
"others"

As they walked, Ennisa considered the Kelvic's words. Apparently, he didn't lie. Hadn't ever lied. Ennisa found that hard to believe, as deception had always seemed so easy to her, even when she was younger. Wasn't it easier and arguably more enjoyable to lie, at least every once in a while? She mused, her anger fading to thoughtfulness, as she considered the Kelvic lad and his stubborn, honourable view on the world. "Well, a good deception is like damp dirt. Sometimes, it yields a crop. But you have to rake it, and prune it, and be careful with it."

She stopped talking. "Anyway, young Moritz, you stay stuck to your way, and I'll stick to my way. I'll warn you though, most people lie, every once in a while. You can hate it all you like, but you better get used to it. And this is me being way more honest than I should be." She cast a hard glance in his direction, and shivered in the chill air. A rogue snowflake landed on her cheek and melted into a dribble that fell to the end of her chin. She wiped it with the back of her hand, and contemplated the trail that lead to the Infinity Manor.

The snow was cold, but not particularly well-formed. Some time yesterday, the thinnest, top-most layer had melted and then re-frozen in the night, so there was an extra crunchy layer that gave a certain bite to every step they took. The young man was walking back home with her cloak still wrapped around his shoulders, and although Ennisa didn't particularly want to see Madeira right now, she kept walking roughly alongside Moritz as she tried to think of a way to get her property back without yanking it from his naked body. That, she thought, would just not be appropriate. Thankfully, the young Kelvic let slip that his mother wasn't actually home at the moment, giving her something to talk to the stony-faced boy about as they walked.

"Where is your mother then, Moritz?" Small-talk now, huh? She rubbed her arms again, feeling the cool air bristling over her exposed skin. "And actually," she said, suddenly decided over a mental image of an irate Itzi nursing her grizzling baby, "I really do need to go back to my own home. You can tell mummy all about me, if you want, not that there's much to say when all's said and done. I'll definitely come round another time, you can be certain of that."

She stopped just ahead of the Kelvic, and crossed her arms. This was not a defensive gesture, but a measure to keep herself just that little bit warmer. "Your mummy can weasel the truth out of me all she wants in the future. You'd done a great job interrogating me, little man, anyway. If you want anything more from me, now's your chance. Ask away. But I'm going to go home straight after, and I'll be needing my cloak back." She would listen to whatever it was he wanted to say, if anything, and then held her hand out for the cloak that he'd 'borrowed'.

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Ice and Grit (Moritz)

Postby Moritz Craven on April 28th, 2020, 10:34 pm

The more the woman spoke, the more sure he was she enjoyed and expected lies. Perhaps, he thought, such was common? But then, he was not common, and had no desire to be as such. He had no intention of doing something just because others did.

"Seem silly. Make lie, take time. Truth better, lie. All-ways. If get, only cussin lie. Not maybe worth get. Better if work, get. Seem lie lazy way, people not wanna jussin truth."

Cocking his head in his Okomo fashion, Moritz considered the woman as he spoke. "Why wanna be, like all other people? I Moritz. No more. No less. Jussin Moritz."

At her query at where his mother was Moritz simply shrugged, as he replied. "Out." He did not know where she was, and did not particularly care, simply knowing she was not just then at home.

As the woman stopped walking Moritz stopped and turned to face her. Apparently she needed to go home, though whether that was the truth or not Moritz did not know. And she wanted her clothe back, the one she had abandoned earlier.

Moritz unwrapped the clothe from his body, and then held it in his mouth for a moment. He did not want to change after all while wearing it, which would likely tear it too pieces. That would be rude. No he would be considerate, and make sure he did not damage it.

A moment later Moritz was gone in a swirl of lights, and was once more in his Okomo form. Holding out the clothe in his mouth Moritz let the woman grab it back, undamaged but for the one wet spot from where it had been held in his mouth.

Warm now with his fur, Moritz let out a final "Aaaaaah!" before turning and heading back home without the woman.
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous