PM to join Beginnings

Yvar and Madeira meet

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Beginnings

Postby Madeira Dusk on August 13th, 2020, 8:05 pm

Date, Season, Year
"Speech"

With talk lubricated with several glasses of wine and Madeira's dialed up charm, her and Yvar had no trouble sliding into the three women's social circle and for the talk to freely flow. The conversation bounced around, but with gentle prodding it steered back to the conversation her and Yvar had have before. Two of the three woman confessed to strange dreams, though neither of them could quite remember what they were about. But it was the third woman, an off duty Shinya, held Madeira's attention the most. As talk of current events rolled around the Shinya dug a chunk out of the theory that wild magic or a strange event being the catalyst. Many people had come into Lhavit this season, but none were particularly noteworthy in her eyes. More than that, the Shinya would be first to respond to something strange or alarming, and she had heard of nothing of the kind the last few weeks.

After a good half a bell of chatting, having learned all they could from the gossip, Madeira and Yvar said their goodbyes and left. There was nothing new to add to their case, but Madeira was satisfied just crossing a lead off their list. It was beginning to look unlikely that the dreams had a catalyst, either wild or man made. Something that could affect a whole city wasn't likely to be small enough to pass under the Shinya's collective noses.

Stepping out into the night brought no relief. What should have been crisp mountain air was instead sticky and warm, and instead of sobering up the spiritist just felt more tipsy. That second glass she drank with the women was one too many. As the bar doors shut behind them the sound muffled and vanished, and the smoky bar lights replaced were replaced by stars.

"So... what next?" the Inarta prodded.

"A nap, to start", Madeira yawned. Her destroyed sleep cycle was catching up to her. "I don't expect there is anything else we can do tonight, and I have class in the morning."

She eyed the man beside her. In the clean starlight her investigative fire shone through. He was just as curious as she was about this, and perhaps even more driven. She liked him instantly. Once she had a clearer head and more ideas she would be back, and she suspected he would to.

"Do keep an eye out. The Gazette will be very useful. I'll ask around the magic community, see if anything in hiding in there. And lets see what we can learn about Nysel..." she trailed off, unsure where to go from there. It was all so nebulous. How do you investigate bad dreams?

"But if you find anything, or even if you just want to chat, you can find me at the Infinity Manor," she rattled off the address. "Ask around, people will point it out to you. It's kind of hard to miss." She stuck out her hand to shake, her smile eager and sly. "We are partners now, right? So lets keep each other informed. We'll figure this out somehow. I'm sure of it."
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous