Closed A Whole New World (Crylon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies Xyna's Outpost, and her gift to Mizahar's people. It is a magical place full of potential and possibility where all can gather and exchange ideas and commerce.

Moderator: Gossamer

A Whole New World (Crylon)

Postby Kopesha on August 13th, 2020, 8:40 pm

Timestamp: Summer 16, 520 following this

Her bird friend was gone, having gone off to do whatever it was he needed to do as she stepped across the threshold of the dovecote in Sunberth and into a beautiful room full of doves. It was much like the one she'd just left, but much nicer. Much, much nicer. Kopesha closed the door behind her, and stared up the tower in awe. She'd never seen so many birds in one place like this before.

She closed her obsidian eyes, though kept her head raised to the heavens, as she felt the need take her over. In her native tongue, she spoke aloud, "Thank you Brother Eywaat for guiding me to this beautiful place. It is a treasure I will treasure and protect, so long as I draw breath."

She slowly opened her eyes, still looking upward, knowing he'd hear her, smiling. She brought her face back down to level, to see an older man with a soft smile staring back at her. "You seem like a first timer. That was a nice prayer, even though I didn't understand the language. I'm Paul, caretaker of this dovecote."

He stuck out his hand, and Kopesha stared at it suspiciously, before reaching out to clasp it. "Yes, me first time." Then she leaned in close, whispering, "Is safe here speak of gods?" The man gave her hand a good shake before busting out in a deep belly laugh, "Yes, yes of course it is. This place would not exist if not for our goddess Xyna. You have nothing to fear of speaking of the gods here." Relieved, she let go of his hand, taking a step back, smiling.

"Me call Kopesha. Me say pray to Brother Eywaat. He lead me here, to many birds. Me wish thank him. How me help here?"

Paul cocked his head slightly to the side with a growing grin upon his face, "You wish to help here, in the name of your god Eywaat?" Kopesha nodded, "Well then far be it from me to stop you." Kopesha smiled, thanking him, as he continued, "I'll show you around. You can help me clean some of the dove coves, floor and such. If you don't mind listening, I can tell you about this place, which is called the Outpost, and my goddess Xyna." Kopesha nodded, finding it an agreeable task.

He handed her a broom, something she'd never used before. He could quickly tell, demonstrating what she was to do with it, "Sweep as you walk, try to keep the dust and dirt altogether so it doesn't spread out." As she swept, he told her all about the Dovecotes and how they worked, he told her about the markets here in the Outpost, and how Xyna is goddess of currency and trade, and why she's so good for the world. He handed her a map, showing her important locations on it. Once he was done with his spiel, he smiled, "Wonderful! Look how clean it is now. Thank you for your help." He gestured to the door to the outside, "Now go, enjoy the Outpost, when you're ready to leave, just exit the same way you arrived and you'll be back where you came from."

And with that, she gave him a smile, and left the Dovecote. She already knew where she wished to go. She made a beeline straight for the Open Sky Bazaar. He told her it was the largest market in the world, with goods from every land known. He said it was easy to get lost there, but that was half the fun of it. Kopesha wasn't sure exactly what it was she wanted to buy, if anything, but she was excited to see the entire world all in one place.

It didn't take long for her to find the market with the map, and once she stepped in, it truly felt like its own separate world from the rest of the Outpost. There were people everywhere, talking in so many languages, of so many races. Smells foreign and comforting swirled through the air. She was told that it was also extremely safe, so she need not worry about pickpockets or thugs. The first stall she came across was food. As soon as she smelled it cooking on the grill, her stomach growled so loudly, a few heads turned her way. She waited nearby until the sweaty woman beckoned her up, "What you want?" Kopesha pointed at some meat on a stick, then held up three fingers. The woman nodded, and told her the price. Kopesha paid, and was handed the food.

She had no idea what kind of meat it was, nor did she care. It was spicy and delicious, so terribly tender and juicy. She slowly chomped on the first skewer as she continued to wander the bazaar. There were so many stalls, it was practically a forest. She meandered for hours, meeting people who spoke Tawna, and others who didn't speak at all. She came across some of her own Chaktawe, to which she excitedly spoke to, asking about how their families were and such.

Eventually she found herself standing in front of a large booth of bows, crafted in combinations of woods and bone. She was "window shopping" as one of the earlier vendors had said, so she stayed out of the way of customers ready to buy. But the bone made bows were interesting. She'd not tried to work with bone in that regard, but it was something to consider. Not that she was any good at bowmaking yet. But as she stood there, eyes looking over the beautiful goods, she wondered if perhaps this should be the only place she should sell and buy from. Sunberth was full of cheats, thieves, and scoundrels, and she felt no real connection to it. Yet this place was blessed by both her god and the goddess Xyna. And it was a haven from the harshness of Sunberth. She hadn't realized until she arrived just how wound tight she was, her muscles all practically clenched since her first night there.

And it suited her desire to keep moving and traveling. A place that could be constant while not tying her down at the same time. She smiled. This place was perfect for her. And so, she continued to both watch the beautiful bows on display and the people that were shopping for them. Many seemed to be soldiers of some sort, though a few looked to be hunters like her, though gave off more dangerous, and thus experienced, airs. She wanted to be like that. She had heard stories of hunters so fierce and strong, their gaze stopped a heard of Tsana in their tracks and sent them running the other way. That would be a nice skill to have. Her smile softened at the memory of her late husband.

After some thought, maybe she should get a bow of her own. She was still using his. Perhaps it was time to give it some rest. It had been her companion for all these years since he died and it was beginning to show some wear. She still wasn't a good enough bowyer to repair it if it ever broke. But maybe... maybe with this place being available, she could hone her craft better. Gather materials from all over the world, or from here... It was all an interesting thought to her. That wouldn't be a bad life, hunting, traveling, and creating stuff. It had a simple elegance to it.

"I think that's a great idea, my special crow," Sootay said, as he walked invisibly over the bows. "You've been a bit lost in your search. Maybe it's time to be lost, with a purpose."

Lost in thought, she spoke aloud her response to her guardian, speaking to empty air from the vantage of others, in her native Tawna, "Yes, I think I shall, Sootay. You and me." So she stepped up to the counter, smiling "I wish buy bone and wood bow. I hunt many time. Need strong. Short. I hunt in forest now, what bow you think?"

Kopesha
Player

Words: 77725
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2020, 3:55 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on August 23rd, 2020, 3:52 pm

16 Summer 520

Once Crylon found himself with time to kill. He did not want to go back to the Demesne just yet, but he did not have anything specific needing doing around the Outpost.

And so he decided to once more do what he had taken to doing of late, wandering around the giant Bazaar. The near endless market gave Crylon a chance to see many types of wares, to examine other peoples work, and on occasion exposed him to something he would not have otherwise been exposed to.

He also on occasion ran into something... A bit odder. He knew from personal experience magic was not fully understood, and that it happened at times that magical items or items with some magical property made its way into general circulation within a market. Even in places one would not expect it, like Sunberth. So running into such a thing here in this great market, well that seemed even more likely.

And so he went around looking, browsing, examining, not looking for anything specifically but just... Looking. Keeping his eyes and mind open to what he might find, to what would pull his interest and was some sign there was something more going on.

“As Izurdin wills...”

While this domain was held by another, it still in its own capacity reflected that of Izurdin. The patron diety of mercantile dealings in great part dealt in objects created by industry. Work. Endeavor. And so he felt a kindred nature here, surrounded by so many things that people had worked on. Put in their effort to attain a goal of making something of value. Even if the end goal was trade, money, commerce, it was often achieved through Izurdin's power. The gift of creation.

Of course it did not apply to everything here, but most of the items of value were touched with the barest spark of creation, Izentor. Not enough that he felt a connection through his own gift, but something he could tell with his other senses. Sight. Sound. He could even sometimes smell the scent of industry.

Asking for directions, today Crylon decided to look at weapons. He had made one himself, a simple blade, but still respected the craft.

Here were some weapons. A long straight sword. A row of knives. Some daggers. An odd curved blade. Here was a straight longish blade with only a cutting surface on one side. That was odd to Crylon, most of the blades he had seen were sharp on both sides. But then, did one really need both sides to be sharp?

Next to that was a booth with various small metal weapons. Triangles with holes, four sided chunks of sharp metal, and what looked to be a dagger but so small it could fit inside of just about any concealed place on ones body.

He enjoyed the wares, but did not see anything that jumped out at him. Next to that was a stand of crossbows, bolts in a basked off to the side. He had seen those before, and considered buying one, but was unsure of the types or which one. He was pondering this when he saw some motion out of the corner of his eye, his eyes being drawn to the next booth. This one had bows, of various sizes and materials.

There he noticed a woman, taller than him but not by much which made her small for a non-Isur. But she seemed to be moving and talking to someone, which did not appear to be there.

Taking a step over, Crylon saw her begin to speak to the person running the stand and so waited. Once there was a good pause and he would not be interrupting Crylon would step over and query the woman in common.

“Excuse but... Who talking to, before man there? Not familiar, tongue, but seem... Talk to nothing.”

Perhaps the woman was crazy. Or perhaps she could see something Crylon could not. He had run into enough odd things, that he did not dismiss such right away. There were many thing he did not understand, and which interested him. That did not make them false, it just meant he did not yet understand them.

Or maybe she was just crazy. But he would give her the chance to explain, if she so chose.

He also took a few moments to examine the wares of the stand. Long bows, nearly as wide as he was tall. Smaller ones, perhaps meant for a child. Dark wood. Light wood. One even with some type of blue wood... And some with bone, and layers of bone and wood, and bone like from the horns on a goat with a curve.

Then, perhaps after the woman had responded depending on how long she took to answer, Crylon noticed something.

A dark wooden bow, a smaller one, off to the side almost as if forgotten. But similar to his own arm, the wood seemed... Veined... But where his were in his flesh, these veins were on wood and seemed to... Glow. Not strongly, but enough to be noticed. But noticeable enough, as they were dark green glowing veins across the surface of the bow.

He could almost swear the bow had not been there when he first looked, but it couldn't have appeared from nowhere... Or maybe it did. Or maybe it had just been put out? Or maybe another bow had been obscuring it, and when moved had revealed this one beneath.

A confused expression on his face, Crylon stepped over and picked up the bow. Turning to the shopkeep he held it aloft as he queried.

“What this?”

From his expression he had a feeling the stallholder was as confused by its appearance as he was.

But its odd veined appearance did seem to match his arms, particularly his special Isurian arm with its contrasting colors.
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Kopesha on August 27th, 2020, 8:09 pm

The woman selling bows smiled at Kopesha, nodding her head, before speaking in fluent Tawna, much to the Chaktawe's surprise. "Ah, a huntress, so far from home. Let me see your hands." Kopesha stuck out her hands, palms up, and the woman gently pulled her in behind the table, so as to allow other customers to continue eyeballing her wares. She ran her fingers over the palms and fingertips, "Hmm... a young huntress it seems. Some practice, but no expert, by far."

Kopesha felt the sting of the words, but at the same time, knew them to be true. "My husband died to a Tsana attack before he could finish training me to his standards." The woman clicked her tongue, "That'll happen." She then went around Kopesha, measuring her arms and shoulders and such with her eyes. "This way love, I've got the bows sorted by sizes, though hardly anyone notices. Not enough experts around these parts it seems."

She led her over to a section of the tables she had set up, "Take a look through these, all will fit you just fine, and are good for people of your experience. When you get better at it, come visit me again, and I'll get you something better." In their shared Tawna, "Thank you, you've been most helpful." Sootay was already slinking around the new bows, as she looked them over. It wasn't long until she realized that someone was speaking to her, in Common.

She turned, a blank expression on her face, as she looked at the shorter man. His grasp of the language seemed to be on par with her own, and that seemed to bring her some comfort, "I speak to not nothing. I speak to Sootay." She gestured toward the invisible-to-everyone-but-her feline, "He spirit guardian, sent from ancestors. Goodest friend." Sootay beamed, stepping forward to sniff at the short man, before looking up at Kopesha, "What is he? He's strange looking."

She then saw his eyes get drawn to a bow that she could've sworn wasn't there before. It was glowing, marbled with veins. She definitely would've seen it, how could she have missed it? She watched him pick it up, and she saw that his arm was veiny like the bow, and she was for sure both the arm veins and bow veins glowed in unison and she let out a small gasp.

It was a sign.

That bow was meant for him, that much she knew. Speaking to the shopkeeper in Tawna now, "Did you see that glow? That bow must go to him. The gods have spoken."

Replying in Tawna, skeptical eyes on the bow that seemingly appeared out of nowhere, "But who sends this blessing? Or curse?" The shopkeep was now rubbing two mizas between her fingers, a habit some followers of Xyna were known to do. She then tossed the coins onto the surface of the table, tails side up. Speaking Common now, "Take the bow. It is not made of my hand, nor purchased by me. I do not know from whence it came, but I do not like the feeling it gives off. Now please, go away. That is bad luck."

She shooed at them, apparently lumping Kopesha in with this man. Mildly annoyed, Kopesha turned, clearly not going to be making a purchase, as she stared at this man and his new bow. "Why you arm like that? Why blessed bow appear you? What gods you serve?"

Kopesha
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on August 28th, 2020, 11:36 pm

It was clear from the stallholders actions that she knew her product well. Or at least was convincing in pretending she was.

Considering though they were in the Outpost, rather than Sunberth, he felt it was likely she had knew her products well.

She also seemed to know the language of the strange woman, which meant he did not understand any of the overheard exchange.

Her explanation on what she was speaking to, Sootay, left him with more questions than answers. Like before he was uncertain if she was mad, or perhaps playing some game, simply could see something he could not.

Spirit, ghost, guardian? That also seemed odd. So then maybe she was a spiritist, like that other fellow he had met among the Meraki, and possibly before in Sunberth, and so could see and hear the ghost by some means he could not? Though he was not familiar with dead people sending ghosts, her ancestors being former living and now dead people.

“He... Ghost, sent by... Other ghost related to?”

He was fairly certain he was missing something, but from what she said it was the best he could do. And if he was too far wrong, surely she would further explain to him. Possibly.

Once he noticed the bow his attention drew hers, which resulted in the two speaking more in the tongue he did not understand. The stallholder seemed a bit... Perturbed, in her reaction, though since he did not know their language he was unsure why or in what way.

When she suddenly switched to common and exclaimed he should take the bow and leave, he was confused even further. She had not made it? It had gotten there somehow, which meant someone had placed it there for them to find even if they had not seen it. It was not stealing, more reverse stealing or leaving, so it was not against the rules of the outpost.

It suddenly occurred to him that some might try to skirt the rules by not attacking or stealing, but by gifting something in such a way... That might lead to something. Was this what was happening here? But why would someone want to harm him? But then, he had annoyed some people along his travels. But not anyone who had the funds to hire one so skilled. And so in circles his mind ran for a bit, glad that he had picked the bow up in his special arm rather than the more normal one.

As he was shooed off Crylon began to move, expecting to be accompanied by the woman he had newly met who was also being shooed off by the stallholder.

“Arm? Special arm, is because am Isur. Arm is gift, touch, of God and Father of Isur, Izurdin. All Isur, similar have.”

Technically they were not all the same, differing by clan in color and side by gender, but he had left his words in such a way to be truthful even if not explaining all. Part of this was simply due to the lacking ability of common to communicate.

“Serve Izurdin. God of Industry, Strength, Patience. Not know where bow come from, not see. Can look, if time, but take... Time, look, special look. Maybe see... Something. But not know, where bow from.”

Looking around, Crylon tried to find a good spot, but he did not think he would be practicing Auristics here.

“I with group, Meraki, have place in Outpost. Could go, look there. Need time, quiet, if special look. If want, can come, will tell if find thing.”

If the woman agreed, Crylon would lead her back in the direction he had come from, backtracing his way back out of the market as his first step in returning to the Meraki abode.

“My name Crylon. What you name? And you ask my serve, who you serve?”
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kopesha on August 31st, 2020, 12:13 am

Kopesha moved with the man after he was shooed off, her eyes still a bit locked on the strange bow. An Isur, he said? She'd heard of them, in the most general sense, often spoken of in passing as stories were told, typically of her fellow Chaktawe who had traveled abroad. And it seemed that they all had this veiny arm, as a gift from their god. Izurdin. She didn't wish to mock a god, but she did find it a bit amusing that the people were seemingly named after the god.

Then he said a word that she had no idea as to the meaning. Industry? She was no longer staring at the bow, standing to his side, and looking directly at him with her deep, black eyes. She blurted out, "What mean industry?" She had no idea what his words meant about special looking and stuff in regards to the bow. She had originally found comfort in his equally poor Common, but now it was just becoming confusing.

She sighed, another word, Meraki? She didn't even bother to ask this time. She did know he had a place they could go to, and that was good enough for her. Hopefully there was someone else there that could help them converse. He seemed real insistent on this special looking of his. He sought her company, and she had nothing else to do. "Yes, I come with you."

Then she smiled, "My name Kopesha. Well meeted, Crylong." She then gestured to the mark of a raindrop upon her chest, "I serve Rain Mother, Makutsi and Brother Crow, Eywaat." She then looked forward into the crowd, still smiling, "Rain Mother take mine mate. I now Raindancer. I search world for serve her."

She was willing to walk and talk with him to his place, so he could do his special looking, allowing him to lead with her at his side. "How serve you, Izurdin? I know not him." She had only recently learned about Xyna, and there was a clear inflection of curiosity in her voice about Izurdin.

Kopesha
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on September 2nd, 2020, 1:42 am

Crylon waited for the woman to further clarify her ghost relatives sending ghosts, but she seemed more focused on other things and so did not clarify this confused question Crylon had.

If nothing else though, she seemed willing to come along.

A turn here, then there, and another... And they would be on their way to the outskirts of the giant market. This was a bit quicker in reverse, as he knew where he was going.

As he walked he still held the odd bow, glancing down at it as he moved. He was not sure what made it odd, besides the glowing which was... More clear. But other than that, it certainly seemed odd. And the way it appeared was odd, but someone even if by magic had to have placed it there. Bows did not just pop into existence.

Then she said something quite strange. For a moment Crylon thought she was joking, but she seemed truly confused. Though if this was a language problem, not knowing the word in common, or something else entirely, well Crylon did not know.

“Industry? Is mean... Make. Build. Create. Like build house. Or make thing, like bow. Sword. Shirt.”

At the mention of the last Crylon plucked at his own clothing to indicate what he meant, though this was less clear since he was not actually wearing a shirt.

“Uh, clothing. Is to create thing of use, tools, item, place. Is Industry. Izurdin, give touch of make to all, even not Isur. He one teach make, do Industry.”

Once they were on the outskirts of the market Crylon had to pause again to orient himself. If they were here... He had come from this direction to get here... Which made the Meraki Riad... This way. Having been too and from the market and the Riad several times, backtracking the route was much easier than finding a new spot.

Hearing her butcher his name, Crylon sighed before responding. He was also happy he had not given his full name, as that would have been more confusing it seemed, not that he was one to freely give it out to random people. As she continued Crylon once more found himself confused, still not having had the entire ghost relative thing explained. Now she was saying her partner had gone off to be a gods lover? Or... Something?

“Cry-lon. No Guh. Crylon. Is nice meet, Kopesha.Makutsi... Eywaat? Not think, heard of fore. You... God mother leave with mate? Why she want person?”

At the idea of serving the rain Crylon found himself confused again.

“I serve Izurdin by do domain. Make thing, industry. Show, build, strength. Be patient. How one serve rain?”

The idea of going to a place where it seemingly did not rain also seemed somewhat odd. As far as he knew, it did not rain at the outpost.

Another left here... Then this way... And the Riad was ahead.

“Is almost to Meraki place, have Riad in outpost, also place outside outpost.”
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kopesha on September 2nd, 2020, 3:07 am

Kopesha listened carefully as they walked. Industry seemed... confusing. It's just making things? Weren't there other words for that? Crafting? It seemed like an unnecessary long word. Typical Common. She shook her head and shrugged. Making things, got it. She didn't know there was a god for that. She liked making stuff, though she wasn't particularly good at it. Maybe she should start praying to him.

They left the market, and the air changed. They were back in the town proper. It wasn't quite as busy, but still beautiful. So much nicer than Sunberth. Still not as nice as Riverfall though. She heard him correct her pronunciation and she smiled. She said his name slower now, to get it right. "Cry...Lon. Crylon." He asked about her gods and she brightened right up. "Makutsi is Rain Mother. She goddess of waters. Rivers, oases, lakes. Not big big water, that is Laviku. My mate die. I ask Rain Mother take him, we live for her, we marry with her. She made him in water. He with her now."

At his asking about serving Makutsi, "Many way. Dance in rain. No waste water. Clean self in water. Find new water, go in. Person need water, give. Water make life. Water everything."

She continued, "Brother Eywaat, god of bird." She showed Crylon several of the feathers that were braided into her hair, "All bird. My people are people of crow. Eywaat want follower be... curious, like crow. Be create good. Clevers."

Then he was talking again, and she had to ask. "What mean Melraki? Riad?"
Kopesha
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on September 3rd, 2020, 2:26 am

Crylon had learned long ago that there were many deities he was not familiar with. He knew Laviku who was of the sea. It seemed another form of water, rivers, lakes, and rain, was under this Makutsi.

He was even less sure why she had worded the death of her mate as she had, which made it seem like he had left with the deity rather than well... Dying. Quite a difference, but then it was common and neither of them seemed fluent in the odd language. But it was a common middle ground compared to the more fluent languages each of them likely spoke.

The idea of serving a rain deity seemed a bit odd to Crylon. He was not one to be wasteful, but dancing when it rained, he was less sure on what that was meant to do. And also... Taking a bath? One was worshiping this deity by bathing? Or was that only in more specific waters?

Water being life, well that was something he could accept. Though not necessarily the water under thsi rain deity's domain, he had yet to see a human city that did not huddle near water. Ravok was on a fresh water lake. Sunberth and Zeltivca were on the ocean. Sultros though was not by water, but then it was not a human city and the Isur were a hardier folk living in their mountain and so perhaps did not need the same things as humans.

And as for the birds...

“If you bird people, is mean can fly? Not need wings, do that?”

As they neared the Riad Crylon explained a bit regarding her questions on it, it making sense that she would not know of them.

“Riad, only learn name of recent, own self. Riad, certain type... House, in Outpost. Here place, not all house Riad, but all Riad house. Of certain size. Not small. Lots bits. Parts. This one, own by Meraki. Meraki, is group Crylon in. Also have place, settlement, outside Outpost, but also, have place here. Riad.”

As they neared the building the structure would come into view, along with the outer wall of the outpost. As was common with Riad's, part of it- in this case an entire side of the square building- was built into the side of the Outposts outer wall. One could not walk around a Riad, as they would run into the outer wall on either side if they tried to loop around. Something Crylon had found on his first day inspecting the structure.

Crylon would take Kopesha inside, through one of the living rooms, on though the building into the central courtyard. It seemed as good a place as any to do their work. Or his work, in truth, Crylon supposed.

There was the garden, the central pool, neither appealed to Crylon. Then there were the patios, which had furniture to sit on and a roof to keep the suns off their heads. That seemed more fitting and Crylon motioned for the woman to follow along their.

Taking his seat in one of the chairs, Crylon motioned for Kopesha to sit and set his pack beside his chair.

“Will need time, to prepare, then can try see things. But that also, take time. Not good, read aura on thing. But good make practice.”

With that Crylon would close his eyes as he sat, the bow across his lap. He tried to focus on drawing out his magic, but nothing immediately happened. No flare of magical vision, no insights, no power thrumming in his body. This was always the trickiest part.

With his eyes closed Crylon focused on a mental image. A forge. Black stone, of a darker cut than his one obsidian arm. He focused on the smithy as a whole, each stone neatly laid together in uniform patterns. A low pit for the flames, which was currently guttered and dead. No flame lived within it, it was a cold forge.

Then he focused his mind outward, picturing and creating in his mind more of the room in his mind. More of the forge. Floors, smooth stone. As if carved from a mountain. Then tables, with tools and hammers and bits of things. And there, in the back, was a locked door.

He focused on drawing close to the door, on unlocking it, and turning the knob. It was difficult, not wanting to turn, but with strain on his face it turned and the door swung open. It seemed pitch black nothingness compared to the light of the forge room. And then he walked inside, entering another room within his mind's forge.
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kopesha on September 7th, 2020, 12:13 am

Kopesha actually cracked a smile and chuckled at Crylon asking if she could fly. She thought he was making a joke. How ridiculous, to think her people could fly. "No, we no can fly. We be as smart as crow. We wear feather of crow to honor crow, and Brother Eywaat. Maybe one day, we fly." She really liked his joke, she found him funny.

His whole riad description just confused her more. She still didn't get it, but she didn't bother trying to learn more about it. She had learned much about Riverfall, the most beautiful city in the world. That was more than enough for her. Other cities were just... lesser than. No need to learn what type of building was a building but wasn't a building. And the Meraki was some group of people. Helpful.

She followed Crylon into the riad, building, thing... whatever it was called. He led her inside and she followed with ease. Some standard room, with seating. Then they were off into another. The garden. The pool, at which Kopesha stopped briefly. She knelt by the water, scooping a handful of it up. She held her cupped hands up out in front and over her head, saying a prayer to Makutsi in her native tongue. She then tilted her hands, letting a few drops fall over her upturned face. And then she brought her hands to her lips, drinking much of the water. She then returned the rest back into the pool, and she smiled.

She then stood up, seeing that Crylon was over on a patio and followed him over. She saw the seat he offered her, and she happily took it. She didn't enjoy it though. Chairs were so rigid and uncomfortable, so strange. She missed the cushions and blankets upon the ground of home. City people were so strange.

She listened to his words, nodding in her understanding of the preparation, and she watched on intently. And then she watched as he began to sort of... scrunch up his face or something. Intense focus, but to Kopesha, it looked as though he were trying to poop. She snickered silently to herself at the joke. And she watched and sat and waited.

And waited.

And grew uncomfortable in this stupid chair.

And eventually grew bored watching some man try to unconstipate himself. She slowly stood, picking up the chair and moving it back as quietly as she could so as to not disturb his concentration. She set her gear down on her seat, and began removing her clothing, setting it atop her stuff. Stripped down entirely naked, she walked back toward the pool, looking down in it with her dark eyes, seeing that it was shallow. She knelt down next to the pool, and quietly slipped into mother Makutsi's embrace.

The water was cool, invigorating, refreshing. Every bit of it upon her skin reminded her of just how alive she was. She thanked the Rain Mother for every single drop as she walked around weightless, letting her eyes explore this strange home. It was awful boxy. Too many straight lines. The plants were nice, it reminded her of Riverfall. They put plants everywhere there. A saving grace, this pool and those plants. She wandered over to a side of the pool, leaning back against the wall, her elbows on the sides of the pool, looking over at Crylon as he worked.

He didn't look so constipated from over here, and she was much more comfortable. So she stayed there leaning, waiting for him to tell her what he found in his strange searching. She then remembered what he said, and she said a small prayer to Izurdin, asking that he help Crylon in his searching.

Kopesha
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on September 8th, 2020, 2:49 am

One of the downsides to magic was time. Crylon was not overly skilled, which meant he often spent as much time if not more preparing as he did doing. Normally this was not a problem, at least until you were showing it to someone else.

At the mention of crows Crylon was distracted for a moment, considering the last time he recalled meeting one.

“Is seen crow afore. In other city. Met ghost man, work ghost not be ghost, who crow with. His crow talk like person. Is know all crows do, or that just one crow do?”

Crylon could not recall meeting another bird who could talk like a person, but then he had not met a large number. And being a self professed bird deity worshiper it made sense she would know if all crows talked, or just some or a few.

He noticed the woman's distraction at the pool, remembering back to her earlier words regarding worshiping the rain deity. Perhaps this reaction was related to that?

After that Crylon did not notice more than an occasional sound from the woman as he was focusing on the images in his head. It was a meditation technique he had tried before which took effort but seemed to get him into a proper state for magic usage. Imagining and creating the forge and things in his mind, and connecting those to his own body and use of magic.

The previous time Crylon had entered this room it had seemingly been a deep underground cave cut into stone with a pit in the middle. As he was creating all of this from his mind he assumed he would see the same again. And so Crylon was surprised when he pushed back the blackness of the room to find a different scene. Perhaps he was distracted, or it was from other things.

For whatever the reason Crylon found himself on a marshy and sandy beach. Or more so, a spot where marsh met the beach of a body of water. Perhaps all the talk of birds and water from the woman?

Pushing past this he found what he was looking for, a dry spot off to the side where there was a pit. It was a cleanly cut pit, with eight sides forming an octagon. The edges of this pit were black stone, but this quickly faded into dirt and sand and marshy water further away.

Within were grains of sand, or stone, or gem, or something, tiny bits the size seemingly of sand but of a fine black substance. The same obsidian of his gem/metal arm, but tiny. Small. Light.

Heading to the edge Crylon reached in, and grabbed a grain of the material. It was like lifting a weight, and he had trouble pulling the grain out even in its singular nature. A handful was out of the question.

He focused on the grain, on his eyes, and willed the power within himself to work upon the bow he now held. Opening his eyes he saw the woman was no longer sitting but swimming in the pool. He quickly focused again, looking down at the bow and trying to exert his will upon his magic.

In his mind he squeezed the grain of black substance, like one would squeeze a fruit to juice it. He focused on himself, within himself, on pulling out his magic, on the bow, and connecting the two. And then the bows aura bloomed around it, a dull grey color at first.

This slowly shifted and went from monochromatic to color. Now that he was starting to see things he spoke out loud for Kopesha's benefit, after all he was supposed to be explaining things to her he was seeing.

“I see... Bow aura... No color... Now color. Dark green. Light green. Black. White. Swirled.”

Reaching out with his mind Crylon pressed inward, trying to see more. As he did he felt the bow, smelled it, experienced it as if he was sensing it more mundanely.

“Touch, is smooth. Smell, of wood. Is think.... Make well... No see imperfection. Is smooth,, one thing.”

As he pressed further Crylon began to hear a slight hum in the background, though he was not sure what to make of this.

“Is making sound... But, not sound. Is mean something.... Hum, is in aura. So not sound really, just... Sense as sound. Not sure what mean.”

As Crylon picked up the bow, the pitch changed.

“Is seem, hum... React, to touch.”

Next he held it like he was going to use it, one hand on the shaft where there was clearly a spot meant for holding. The human changed in pitch again, though he no more understood this than any of the other changes.

Next he grabbed the string, not pulling it but considering the bow. What he needed, Crylon realized then, was an arrow. But he did not have one, not that he knew how to use one. Perhaps he could learn something else by using the bow? For that though he needed an arrow.

All at once the tone and intensity of the hum increased, and then it diminished to its original cadence. It was then as the hum calmed Crylon realized something.

Jerking up to a standing position he held the bow away, dropping something else which he had not been holding a moment ago.

“It just... It... Bow... Hum, and make arrow... Not have arrow, and now... Have arrow. Bow make arrow.”

Crylon said this in a confused tone, staring down at the ground where the dropped arrow lay. It had come from somewhere, but he had no idea where. Had the bow... Made it?

Rather than picking it up Crylon focused on the bow and its aura. Its hum, a gentle background sound. Then he held the bow, preparing as if to use it. Once more an arrow appeared within his hands, nocked on the bow. One moment there was no arrow, then there was another in his grip. An odd arrow with a green colored head.

“Bow... Bow is make arrow when want use. Is... Something about bow, is do. Is you... Is you ever see bow like do? Hum change when make, must be... Relate, to bow make arrow. To... Magic.”
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next