[Week Long Challenge] The Island Life Part 3

The conclusion of Ialari's mysterious island adventure.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is for threads that take place in the Chavena (not to confused with Dreamscapes), the Ukalas, or even off world. Most of these threads require HD permission to run unless they are Gnosis (ie. Dreamwalking) or Magical (ie. Dominion) abilities that automatically allow their uses the ability to cross over.

Postby Ialari Pythone on February 8th, 2021, 6:10 am

Day 5

The next morning, Ialari awoke to a few drops of rain falling on her face. As she opened her eyes, she saw another round of thick, dark clouds quickly rolling in. Not wanting to get caught in a storm while perched on a towering pillar of stone, she quickly yet carefully climbed down. As a few sprinkles turned into a steady rain, she quickly realized that setting out on a raft for the other island was not a wise choice. Instead, she made her way to the shore where her raft was and pulled it further onto the island to keep it from being washed away by the coming storm. The waters around the island were growing fierce and travel would mean certain death. Although the beginnings of the storm didn’t feel as though it would be as fierce as the last one, it would not be the day to move on.

Instead, Ialari chose to spend her time reinforcing her raft and making a few adjustments and enhancements. The rain, while steady, was not accompanied by powerful winds even though a strong breeze blew freely across the island. This left Ialari, wet but not overwhelmed. Using what remained of her yucca rope, she attached a bit of it to the raft with enough to wrap around her waist with a little slack. If she were to somehow become separated from the raft, this would allow her a way to keep close to it. She also used her knife to punch holes in the opening of her bag to allow the rest of the rope to be used to close it up. That way she could carry things in the bag without having to worry about them falling out. This included a piece tied to her stone dagger so that she would always have it with her.

The mild storm continued throughout the day, banishing any thought of leaving the island. Huddled next to the towering rock, barely protected from the heavier rain by the palm tree she had left intact, Ialari waited for the weather to pass. When it finally did, night was quick to arrive. Feeling as though she would never again be dry, Ialari spent another night atop the tall rock. Before drifting off to sleep, she whispered to whatever gods my be listening, “You haven’t beaten me yet.”

Words: 394
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on February 8th, 2021, 6:11 am

Day 6

The sixth day since her mysterious arrival on the island had arrived. Cold, wet, sore and tired, Ialari awoke early in the morning. The weather appeared to be at least somewhat favorable as the sun peeked above the horizon. Not wanting to spend another night on top of a small rocky ledge perched high above, she quickly got to work.

She gathered the things she planned on taking with her and put them in her bag. There was the stone axe, a couple of coconuts, a couple of small stones, and a handful of shells. As a side thought, she grabbed three relatively straight fallen tree branches. She used the tips of her metallic fingers to peel away the wood and shape the ends of each branch into a point. If she did encounter any sharks on her way to the other island, she didn’t want to be left defenseless. Not that a wooden spear would do much good against a determined shark, at least it would allow her some form of deterrent from being eaten. With her miniscule gear secured, she tied off the length of rope connecting her to the raft before pushing it out into the water. Her first impression was that at least it floated. Taking the paddle with her, she climbed onto the raft. It seemed to be able to hold her weight alright even if it sank into the water a bit. She didn’t expect it to keep her dry but as long as it kept her from being fully exposed in the water, she couldn’t ask for much more.

Finally on the raft, she began pulling the makeshift oar through the water; alternating sides in order to keep it moving straight. She could just make out the other island in the distance. Indeed, it would take the better part of the day to get there assuming she didn’t encounter any mishaps while hoping beyond hope that the weather held up.

As she paddled her way through the water, Ialari couldn’t help but notice her skin. Where it was normally a very pale blue, it had darkened since arriving on the island. The constant assault from the sun had darkened her flesh to a tanned color still with a blue hue. There were of course a few patches of sunburn but the discomfort was mild compared to her growing fatigue and desire to find whatever was marked with the large “X” on the map.

With each pull of the oar, she felt as though she wasn’t gaining any distance. Her destination didn’t seem to be getting any closer even though she was sure, or at least hoped she was, that she was making progress.

Wiping sweat from her eyes, “Thank the gods I drank my fill from that basin before setting out.” Thirst was catching up with her while her stomach was cramping a little from having little more than coconuts for the last day or so.

As the island slowly grew more into focus, Ialari finally felt as though she were getting closer to her goal. The effort of the constant paddling though was taking its toll. Her muscles burned and combined with limited food and water, she was growing weaker, faster than normal. Then, there was the bump. At first, she thought maybe the water was growing a bit rougher. A quick look however revealed the water to still be rather calm.

Then there was another bump and the raft was lifted ever so slightly out of the water. It was then that she noticed the shadow under the water. A moment later a fin emerged several yards away. Ialari immediately huddled herself in the center of the raft, her eyes fearfully following the fin as it and the creature it was attached to, circled the raft. She was without words. She was unable to slow her rapid breathing and she fought the growing urge to panic. Never in her time on the coast had she encountered a shark. While she saw them occasionally from a distance in Syka, they were never really a threat. Now however, she was being stalked by one.

She gave a quick glance to the island; the shore was so close, 40 yards or so away yet the water was still deep. The shark ceased its circling and was moving toward her. She reached for one of the spears she’d brought with her and raised it with the intent of striking. Just as the shark was nearing the raft, it went deeper and she lost sight of it. Frantically she looked around her but could see no sign of it.

Then the raft lurched as something hit it hard from underneath. Ialari fell into the water, losing her grip on the spear. As the raft was overturned, the two remaining spears and her oar were flung outward and out of reach. Barely able to swim, she thrashed about both in fear of the shark and fear of drowning.

As she struggled to keep her head above water, she felt something forcibly bump against her leg. It felt like rough sand scraping against her skin. Although painful, the wound was muted by her fear. As she continued to struggle, a stray thought darted across her mind; the stone dagger attached to her bag. The bag was still slung over her shoulder. With desperation piercing through the fog of fear, she reached for the dagger. When her fingers wrapped around it, she yanked it free just as her head dipped below the water.

Her eyes stung by the salt water, she was able to see the head of the shark, its mouth open as it came at her. Instinct told her to lift her metallic hand to shield her. For the shortest of moments, she thought how insignificant such a gesture would be against such a threat yet it did not deter her. As she raised her arm, the shark’s jaws clamped down on it. When its teeth made contact with the divinely blessed metal of her arm, it immediately released her. At that moment she brought her dagger to bare; stabbing over and over at the only distinctive thing she could make out, its deathly black eye. Over and over she stabbed; driven by fear and anger for being thrust into such a situation. Her vision was quickly clouded by the blood that filled the water. Before disengaging, the shark managed to slice into the flesh of the arm wielding the dagger. Burning pain tore through her even as she continued to stab. Unable to hold the dagger any longer, she dropped it to the depths. The shark’s rough, abrasive skin also managed to shred more of her own during the struggle.

Itself horribly wounded; the shark quickly moved to get as far away from the source of its pain as it could. This left Ialari barely able to keep her head above water. Her leg and the side of her body were scraped so deep the wounds were openly bleeding. While she couldn’t see it, she could feel the deep cuts in her arm. The water around her was more red than blue and she could no longer see the raft. With what strength she had left, Ialari tried to swim toward the island all the while cursing herself for not learning how to swim better long ago.

She felt sand beneath her feet just as she lost consciousness.

Words: 1,244
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ialari Pythone on February 8th, 2021, 6:47 am

Day 7

When she finally regained consciousness, it was late morning on the 7th day since her arrival on the strange island. Laying face down in the wet sand, the water licking its way up and around her body, Ialari opened her eyes. She then spit out a mouthful of salt water and sand. Her body burned from head to toe as she rolled over with a groan then a painfilled cry. She strained to sit up which brought with it another round of crying. Looking down at her body she saw just how bad her wounds were. The shark’s abrasive skin had ripped her own flesh on her leg and on the side of her torso. It had been enough that even her dense isurian flesh was not enough. It looked and felt as though shed been dragged by a horse across a gravelly road.

It was her arm however that had taken the most damage in the struggle with the shark. While it hadn’t bitten her fully, its teeth did manage to cut deep; the wound still bleeding rather freely. Also, her bag was gone. Glancing around her she could find no sign of it. As luck would have it though, the rope that had attached her to the raft was still tied around her waist. Quickly freeing herself of it, she used her other hand to wrap the rope around her wounded one and with a loud cry of pain, she tightened it in hopes of slowing the loss of blood. Her other wounds, while bloody, were not nearly as bad and could wait, at least for the moment.

Painfully turning, she took a look at the new island. Unlike the first one, there were no trees, no towering rock formations, not even any shoreline rocks. It was simply a mound of sand roughly 20 yards at its longest point sitting in the middle of the ocean. There was no shade, no plant life; it was completely barren.

Ialari fought the urge to give in to the rapidly growing despair that threatened to consume her. She’d left an island that, while hosting its own set of difficulties, still offered food, water and some limited form of security only to nearly die in order to reach an island empty of everything that may be of use to life.

Her body battered and torn, exhaustion, hunger and thirst permeating every part of her body, Ialari laid back down and stared up to the sky. As she lay there, looking up at the brilliant blue sky, the sound of waves licking the shoreline around her, the salty smell of the ocean filling her nose, the burning pain filling her body, the strangest thing happened. She smiled and then laughed albeit painfully.

For the first time in many years, Ialari felt something she’d forgotten about. In recent years she had been spending so much time in her Dominion, surrounded by the Ukalas and as far from the “real” world as one could get. While she lived there and gradually became more and more a part of the mystical fabric of reality, battled otherworldly horrors and worked to piece together the shattered fragments of her soul, she had forgotten what it was to truly live. Now, laying in the blood-soaked sand, she finally felt once more what it was to be alive, to feel fear, to feel the joy of accomplishing the simplest of tasks. It was a connection that she had lost during her extended stay in the Ukalas.

As her laughing calmed, she continued to smile even though the circumstances that now surrounded her were anything but joyful. With nothing to eat or drink and nothing to use to tend to her wounds, she wouldn’t last much longer. Despite all of that, she continued to look up. “As I said, you haven’t beaten me yet. Although I may still be broken, I’ve not given up. In fact, I offer my thanks for this opportunity. It’s reminded me that I am still a part of this world…I” She was unable to continue as unconsciousness overtook her.

Words: 685
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ialari Pythone on February 8th, 2021, 6:52 am

Day 8

When Ialari woke again, she was still laying in the place she was before. Her arm had slowed in its bleeding and the pain was numbed thanks to the rope she'd tied around it. Barely able to move, she fought to roll over onto her belly while crying out loud with each movement. She then proceeded to painfully crawl further on to the island using her good arm and unwounded leg to compensate for the limited movement in her injured ones.

Every inch she gained felt like a bell's worth of pain as she slowly pulled herself away from the shore and onto dryer land. With the sun beating down and no shade to protect her, it was only a short matter of time before whatever fate awaited her arrived for its greeting.

Words: 133
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gillar on May 12th, 2021, 5:01 am

“Everything in nature invites us constantly to be what we are,” were the words that Ialari heard whispered in her ear by an unknown source. As the words were spoken, the soothing scent of flowers filled her nose. The melodic songs of birds filled her ears. The sweet taste of wild berries tanged her tongue. The soothing tickle of dandelion seeds brushed her skin. Finally, her vision was filled with a myriad of brilliant greens, blues and reds that undulated slowly, blending together and forming new hues of striking colors. These colors soon begin to transform from amorphous pools to defined shapes. It was as if a someone had dumped different colored paint on a canvas only to then paint a picture from the chaos. As Ialari found herself floating in the middle of the “painting”, grass begin to form at her feet. Towering trees took shape around her. Flowers happily erupted outward into sight. Before her very eyes, an entire landscape came into being; created from what had been but a great splatter of color.

Within a matter of moments, Ialari found herself standing on a small hill surrounded by grass that gave way to a seemingly endless forest. On top of the hill, looming over her, was a tree. It was quite unlike any other tree she’d ever seen. The first sense was that the tree was incomprehensibly ancient. There were a handful of exposed roots covered in impossibly thick bark. These roots led to a series of six trunks that twisted around each other to form a single, massive whole. Although not incredible in height, the main body of the tree formed by the numerous trunks was easily twenty feet in diameter. It rose at least fifty feet in height with countless branches. Leaves, the colors of which could not be described by mortal terms, were interrupted in many places by strange clumps of thumb-sized constructs that resembled miniature bundles of bananas. What stood out most however was the color of everything. The sky was a blue that Ialari had never knew existed. The same was true for the grass, trees and flowers and even the birds and other small animals that came into being from otherwise moving swirls of color.

When the onslaught of her surroundings began to slowly normalize within her senses, Ialari then realized that any of the wounds, scratches, cuts, bruises or worse, were gone; it was as if they never happened. The accumulated filth and grime of the past seven days…vanished. In fact, it felt as though she had bathed in the most luxurious bath ever to have existed. Her skin smelled of the best thing they’d ever experienced.

After a few moments of getting her bearings while trying to reconcile what she had experienced for the past several days with where she was now, Ialari felt a hand lay upon her shoulder. Turning to look she would see nothing. Turning back, she saw a woman sitting on one of the great tree’s exposed roots. The woman was as naked as Ialari was. Her skin was an especially pale green color while here hair was the deepest of green with the texture of moss. Her eyes were colored the deepest of brown. From her hair, it looked as though flowers grew from the moss itself. Her skin was flawless, her lips a ruby red. Her finger and toenails were an autumn orange.

Her head was lowered but upon being noticed, she raised it. In a voice that sounded like the best mother’s voice, carried on the wind, complete with the chill of long lost, cherished familiarity, she spoke.

“Saying that this is all rather odd…is not quite describing what you have just been through. For that, I offer my apology. Mortal words, no matter the language, do not fully encompass the experience.” The woman hopped down from her perch upon the exposed root and walked a few feet to stand before Ialari. As the woman took her steps, flowers grew where her feet touched the ground.

“Again, forgive me for any lack of civilized manners. I may not be as formal as you are used to. You may know me as Caiyha, the Goddess of Nature. To answer your next unspoken question, you have undergone what you could consider a challenge of sorts or a test. It was a test to see if one such as yourself was capable of surviving in a place devoid of nearly all the trappings of civilization. Obviously, you indeed survived, despite the challenges.” Caiyha spoke while casually walking around the area beneath the tree.

She stopped at one point to pick up something which was concealed in her closed hand. Turning back to Ialari, she smiled.

“I know you have many other questions. What is the purpose of this test? Why me? What happens next? Likely many others. First, the purpose of this test is simple, at least to me. Since the beginning, I have sought out those who show respect and reverence for all that I’ve created. Those who seek to protect it and nourish it, I show them my grace. Recently however, I began to wonder. What about those who don’t think about my creations or who don’t feel truly a part of it all. What about those who, with a little push, may discover on their own, that they are connected to me. This is why I chose you. There is something about you that peaked my interest. It isn’t something I can describe other than to say you have a quality about you. It was that quality I decided to test. Can this mortal, left with only a physical body, natural skills and talents and the least number of civilized connections, survive my creation? Obviously, you passed that test so what comes next. We will get to that in a moment. First however, I wish to offer you a moment or two to ask of me what you will, within reason.” Caiyha plucked a flower from her hair, brought it to her nose and took in its scent before raising it into the air. The flower then erupted in seed before the petals dried and fell to the ground; quickly consumed by insects and thus contributing to the greater cycle.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on May 17th, 2021, 1:14 am

As she lay upon the beach, her body battered and burning from the pain, waiting for whatever was meant to happen now that she’d reached her destination, her thoughts were consumed by what she’d experienced in the final moment before she’d blacked out. Her words spoken aloud to whoever may hear had been cut short but in the moment before losing consciousness, she felt something she’d never experienced before followed by the briefest of images that left her confused. As she struggled to occupy her mind, she heard the strange whispered words drifting on the breeze. Gritting her teeth, she tried to prop herself up with her metallic arm; drawing a cry of pain from the rest of her body. She immediately felt her senses awash in what she could only comprehend as the personification of natural beauty. She couldn’t help but let the scents, sounds, feelings, tastes fill her. As her world shifted around her, gradually taking another form, she was reminded of the shifting landscapes she’d experienced in her first encounters with entering the Ukalas.

Rather quickly, she found her footing where she’d just a moment before was floating. The sight of the expansive forest surrounding the grassy hill caught her by surprise considering only a short time prior she was laying upon an island beach. Although she was used to walking between worlds, this shifting of environments was far more profound that what she’d experienced before. The tree was perhaps the most startling to her. As she gazed upon it, her eyes moving from the exposed roots up the woven trunks and to the looming branches with their astounding-colored leaves and odd fruit, she felt herself take a step back, almost stumbling as she tried to wrap her mind around all that she was seeing and feeling.

As she stepped back and almost fell, it was then that the absence of pain dawned on her. The wounds on her side and her leg were gone and her arm was no longer shredded. She looked at her body and marveled at how clean it was. Refreshed. That was the feeling that came to mind as she began to process the change in her body from the ravages of the past several days to the present. Running her fingers over the places where she’d been wounded and even smelling her own wonderfully scented hair, she held back a few tears. She couldn’t remember the last time she’d felt so clean.

When she felt the hand on her shoulder, Ialari spun around, her metallic fist raised in defense only to find nothing there. When she looked back at the tree, there was the woman. The woman’s appearance, although strange, seemed oddly appropriate for the location. Her posture did not look to be threatening; in fact, it seemed almost welcoming to the point that Ialari lowered her fist and relaxed her own stance. As the woman looked up and spoke, Ialari let her guard down completely; the feelings inspired by the woman’s voice adding to the otherworldly serenity of the surroundings.

Ialari glanced down at the ground where the woman stepped as she approached. The flowers that grew in those footsteps, for some reason, created an anticipatory chill that ran down Ialari’s spine.

Ialari listened as the woman introduced herself as the Goddess of Nature. Then, as Caiyha explained what had happened to Ialari and a bit about why, some things that had been cloudy and not understood, slowly began to come together, at least in parts.

When Caiyha welcomed questions, Ialari rubbed the back of her neck with her metallic hand and lowered her head; a bit overwhelmed by the thoughts and feelings Caiyha’s explanation had awakened.

Taking a few moments to gather her thoughts, Ialari knelt down next to one of the spots on the ground where Caiyha had stepped. She marveled at the oddly shaped petals of the flowers and the colors that had no comparison.

Without looking up, Ialari spoke softly, “Caiyha…part of me wants to thank you for this gracious opportunity. To thank you for what I have gained from it and for blessing me with bringing me to this truly magical place. I am going to put forth a guess that we are in the Ukalas? It feels like it. There is another part of me though…for this I intend no disrespect…another part of me that is getting tired of being played with like a child’s toy. Every time a god or goddess turns their attention to me, they speak through riddles, omens, visions and tests…so many tests. Do this for a reason I can’t give. Do that because it will teach you something. Here is this, go use it and see what happens. I don’t expect that to ever change but I just needed to voice my frustration.”

Standing, Ialari looked again at the tree and then back to Caiyha as the goddess casually walked about. “I do have questions and no, I know better than to ask, my most pressing one. First, if you will humor me, I have a few more comments first.” Ialari paused for a few breaths in case Caiyha wished to interject.

“When I first awoke on that island, I suspected a divine hand in it all. Too much has happened to me over the years to not see the signs. While I’ve spent time in the wilds, secluded from civilization at length, the days that followed on that island turned out to be much more challenging as I imagine they were meant to be.” Ialari paused to collect her thoughts before continuing.

“You speak of a quality you see in me that led to the test. I admit I can’t imagine what that may be. You say you can’t describe it yet that seems like a polite way of telling me that you would rather me figure it out on my own. By Izurdin, I’ve heard that many times over. I find difficulty in understanding how one broken in the ways that I am, could have any quality that the Goddess of Nature could be interested in.” Ialari briefly thought of the Tree of Death in her Dominion where hung the other broken pieces of her soul.

Flushing the image from her mind and looking back at the beautiful tree before her, Ialari then looked back to Caiyha. “You speak of those who don’t feel a part of your creation; don’t feel a part of nature. You describe me well. All of my life I have felt separate from just about everything; alone and empty. While I’ve since discovered why that is, such a discovery hasn’t helped. Even with Dominion, being able to literally shape a piece of the Ukalas by will alone, being able to sense and even at times see how every thing in reality is interconnected, I’ve never been able to fully sense my own connection. I know that I am connected to my Dominion. I can see that connections in ways that transcend logic but that is because the Dominion is a part of me. Outside of there, they don’t exist. Always I feel like I am outside of something great, able to affect and even shape it but never allowed to belong to it.”

“That was until that day of your test when I finally made it to what I hoped was my destination. Before I blacked out, something changed. For the shortest of breaths before the darkness overtook me, I felt something different. I felt my own connection to the physical world around me. Even though I couldn’t and still can’t understand what I was feeling, I knew it was that connection I had been missing. If not for what so much time in the Ukalas has done to me, I would never have felt it.” Ialari fought back the growing emotions as she recalled the feeling.

Ialari’s brow then furrowed as she recalled something else. “There was something else. Just after the connection, I saw something in the darkness. It was hard to make out at first but as I think back, it is clearer. An image of snake eating its own tail. So much feels clearer in this place...”

Looking back to the tree and then to the mythical sights that surrounded it, Ialari asked, “What is this place anyway; what and how does it connect to all of these things I’ve seen and felt? What does these feelings and that vision mean? Was experiencing it all…was that the purpose of your test?”

“Finally, what you first said, Everything in nature invites us constantly to be what we are. While I am not certain, I think I have caught a glimpse at what that means in relation to me and how it may help me in fixing the problem of my soul. Would you be willing to help me understand more?” Ialari felt as though she had unloaded a flood of thoughts and questions on the Goddess but at the same time, her experiences with others like Caiyha told her that, at least the ones she’d encountered before, didn’t seem to be bothered by such things.

Words: 1,526
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gillar on January 24th, 2022, 4:21 am

Caiyha stood a short distance from Ialari as the Isur spoke her thoughts. The Goddess patiently listened while holding and gently stroking the fur of a small rabbit that jumped into her arms a moment earlier. She considered Ialari’s comments about the games the gods had played with her before taking the opportunity to respond.

In a melodic tone, she said, “You are correct, child, we are indeed in the Ukalas. Actually, you could think of this place as the center of the Ukalas, at least it is close to such a thing as is possible. To touch on your feelings about how you are treated by the divine…your perception is not entirely incorrect even if the facts say otherwise. I empathize with your frustrations regarding your prior contact with the divine and I wish I could say this one will be much different. Know however that I am not here to play games with you, Ialari. I am here to help you. I would imagine that the others you have met feel much the same. The difficulty in such interactions resides in the fact that some things are so complex, so beyond mortal comprehension, that they can only be shared in pieces and parts. It is these pieces and parts that can come across as riddles, omens and tests. You of all people should realize the complexity of dealing with pieces of a whole.” Caiyha was of course referring to Ialari’s shattered soul and the pieces of that soul currently hanging from the withered oak on the edge of her Dominion.

“We do not play with you, Ialari. It is quite the opposite. To many of us, you are a truly unique individual who we feel desperately seeks guidance during an impossible situation in which she finds herself in. To be fully open with you, to give you all the answers you seek, to speak the whole and not the parts; it would cause you more problems than you already have. You have faith in us and I assure you, we have faith in you. Keep that fact close to your heart and you will find comfort.” Caiyha continued to pet the rabbit in her arms. The creature, while obviously a rabbit, looked impossibly perfect. There was not a single blemish to its light brown coloring or its smooth coat. Its ears turned as if listening to words being spoken by both individuals and its whiskers bobbed and danced; its nose twitching as it smelled the air.

As Ialari continued, Caiyha softly walked around the area. She listened and observed Ialari’s posture. The Goddess, although never admitting it openly, found the isur to be oddly fascinating. The way the girl moved, the way she spoke, there was something unique in it all. While she knew what it was, seeing it was no less interesting.

Ialari spoke of her experience on the island. She struggled with the why she was chosen for such a challenge and how she was unable to feel her own connection to things; connections that she could intimately feel within others thanks to her extensive time in the Ukalas. Ialari then admitted that she was finally able to feel her own connection. At that revelation, a large smile spread across the Goddess’ face.

Before answering Ialari’s final questions, Caiyha paused and turned toward the isur. Kneeling for a moment to release the rabbit, she stood and walked up to Ialari.

“Ialari, one of the main reasons I chose you for this challenge was to hopefully help you finally realize something extremely important. I know you have felt alone and separated from everything and everyone around you since you were a child. Even after gaining the secrets of Dominion, learning of the Ukalas and of all that entails, surviving all of the challenges you’ve been presented with, you were unable to see how you fit into all of it. I hoped that this particular test would help you find your connection. That it did fills me with great joy.” With that, a breeze picked up carrying the scent of a dozen fresh fruits at once. It was an exhilarating smell that brought with it a tangible feeling of joy.

Caiyha’s demeanor however faded slightly as she spoke to the vision Ialari had of the snake eating its own tail. “What you describe…I did not see that. It would appear that things are moving a bit quicker than anticipated in regards to your ultimate journey. I wish I could tell you more but it is not my place. What you saw is tied to that other tree that resides in your Dominion; Dira’s Tree of Death. I can tell you that such an image is often associated with fate. Now, this place and how it connects to what you have experienced…”

Caiyha looked over her shoulder to the great tree. “This is the First Tree. By that I mean it is the first tree ever created and quite possibly the first instance of life in all of existence. From this tree, all life and all things related to life, began. Its seeds bare the spark of life and from that spark, everything from the smallest creature invisible to the most eyes all the way to the largest beasts ever to roam and even the gods themselves were born. Each seed has the potential to be anything; a life, a thought, a feeling anything that makes life what it is. Its roots reach everywhere; throughout the world of Mizahar, throughout the Ukalas and other worlds, even other realities and worlds that exist only in thoughts and dreams. Your own ability to sense the interconnectivity in all things is amplified here. Revealing all of this to you is not exactly the purpose of my test but a satisfying result for your success.”

Caiyha looked back to Ialari and reached out to touch her non-metallic arm. She leaned closer and touched to her forehead to Ialari’s. “Child, indeed everything in nature invites you to be what you are. You are not just the person you think you will be when you reforge your soul. You are also each individual piece that has been broken. Focus not one who you may be but who you are now. In the times ahead you will be challenged with balancing just that; who you think you are and who you could be. With all that you will come to discover, there will be need for balance. I offer you a chance to learn how to manage that balance in preparation for the greater challenge that awaits.” Taking Ialari’s metallic hand in her own, Caiyha placed something in it. It was a small, smooth, iridescent seed that pulsed with an inner light.

“Swallow this seed and it will quickly sprout and spread throughout your body. You will experience a truly painful transformation that will quickly become nothing short of pure bliss. The seed will transform you into the personification of nature. In this form you will find a mix of beast and humanoid. There will be a struggle between the two sides. Lean too far in one direction and you risk losing the other side completely. I think we both know what sort of beast you will most closely identify with. This form will blend both the beauty as well as the horror of nature all in one. Becoming the beast will be quite pleasurable and it will be tempting to embrace it fully. You must restrain yourself. Find the balance in being the personification of balance. Master this and you will find the understanding you need to fully embrace who you will be once you’ve reforged yourself. The seed may take little time to grow or it may take a few seasons. Once it has fully grown and the transformation happens, I will be there to help guide you.” Caiyha kissed Ialari’s forehead.

With that kiss and her touch on Ialari’s arm, something remarkable happened. The flesh of Ialari’s arm began to ripple. Swirls of color surrounded her arm and quickly took the form of a great tree. Its limbs and roots wrapped around her arm and in the center of the trunk, a triskelion formed. Ialari looked down at her arm then looked up at Caiyha only to see that the Goddess was no longer there and that she was back in her Dominion where she was before the whole ordeal.

ooc :
Because of the delay in this award, you may play as if you have had the Avatar for awhile now or you may play as if, during the present season, it completes its growth and the transformation completes.

A small, smooth, iridescent seed that pulses with an inner light. Once swallowed, this seed sprouts and spreads throughout the body. This creates an astounding first-time transformation that is unimaginably painful at first but quickly becomes absolute bliss. The seed transforms a person into a personification of nature in an animal form. The individual can transform, at will, into a hybrid form of an animal and humanoid with some significant repercussions. This animal must reflect the primary qualities of the person and also be tied to the biome that most suits them (and they write to most). The person does not age like their animal form; instead aging as who they are as a humanoid. The animalistic form is a unique hybrid that blends humanoid and animal in one. There is a constant struggle between humanoid and beast. The more time spent in this form, the less grasp the person has on who they are. Every transformation results in a struggle between the person and the beast. This is in no way like being a member of the Kelvic race.

This hybrid form is a mix of the physical qualities of both creatures. While maintaining a humanoid shape, the Avatar exhibits heavy animalistic features. Heavy fur or scales, hooves, claws or talons and wings, the Avatar is the ultimate blend of two worlds. In this form, they are completely unrecognizable as their base race. For example, the Avatar will have a bestial face with humanoid body and some bestial appendages such as a tail or even hoofed feet and animal legs. The hybrid form is unrecognizable as being anything other than the personification of the balance of nature and humanoid. The Avatar shares the senses of the base animal and has heightened physical traits related to said animal. Depending on the animal this could be speed or agility or even strength or endurance. A single heightend physical trait is applicable and is influenced by the primary physical trait of the base animal.

The more one pushes the beast beyond their normal instincts, the harder it fights. It is a constant battle of wills between humanoid and animal. You will never be able to conquer the beast, at best, you can keep it from taking full control. Any animal that fits within the appropriate biome, fits with the character’s traits and concept, can be chosen as the Avatar form. Once chosen, this form is permanent. Talderian forms are restricted but all other natural, non-anomalous, magical animals will be half again as large as their natural humanoid forms. Don't attempt to choose something outlandish or otherworldy; think wolves, deer, bear, snakes, rabbits, you know, normal creatures. Normal animals of the same species as the Avatar will recognize the person for what they are; a personification of nature. They will not attack or otherwise oppose the Avatar; instead deferring to them as the equivalent of an alpha.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)