Laviku

God of the Sea.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Laviku

Postby Tap on June 18th, 2016, 6:06 am

Suvan Sea
Konti Isle Outskirts
80 Summer 516AV
Occurs Here

Laviku

Great God of the vast sea and Father of Konti. I once again ask for your blessing as I venture, however slightly, into your home and realm of blue. You alone govern the tides the waves and the creatures below and you alone decide those worthy of traveling across your waters. I humbly pray for your protection and guidance as I trespass. I ask for your permission to take life from your seas to benefit mine own. Selfishly and cruelly I ask this of you.

I bring a fellow Konti along with me. She who knows perhaps not of your greatness. I speak for her as well as me. She is your daughter as well and seeks to take what is yours just as I do. Bless her, great Father, as well as me. We will trespass not long, but no matter the distance or the time, we ask of you to watch over us.

In the name of Laviku and His great Mistress, mother of Konti, Avalis, we pray to you.
Grader Note :
Currently I base my presentation of my Scavenging and Fishing skill on the skill write up by Shimoje and Ferrin, respectively, that is in the Founder's Review section of the World Development forum. This means, for example, that hand fishing, the practice of collect marine life out of the water by hand, Tap considers fishing rather than just gathering. Of course the final decision is up to the grader. This is simply what I am basing her actions off of.

Please also note that Tap is a very antisocial Konti and therefore please only reward her socialization point HALF of what you would normally award for a PC.
Tap
Fisher and Treasure Hunter

Words: 45386
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2016, 6:30 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Laviku

Postby Tap on August 2nd, 2016, 1:31 am

45 Summer 516AV
Konti Isle, South Coast
Occurrs Here

Laviku

Great God of the Sea and Father of me and my people. You who, when war raged your brothers and sisters, thought not of yourself but of your domain. You who, when death swept over Mizahar, thought forward and saved the creatures of the seas. You who, when we emerged from the ashes provided us with nourishment from your waters. You who continue to do so so many centuries later.

The creatures of the ocean are you children, just like me. They are your creation and your domain. I ask you to bless me in my attempts to feed my people, your daughters, with your waters. We forever owe you our lives and can never repay what you continue to bless us with.

In the name of Laviku and His great Mistress, mother of Konti, Avalis, I pray to you.
Grader Note :
Currently I base my presentation of my Scavenging and Fishing skill on the skill write up by Shimoje and Ferrin, respectively, that is in the Founder's Review section of the World Development forum. This means, for example, that hand fishing, the practice of collect marine life out of the water by hand, Tap considers fishing rather than just gathering. Of course the final decision is up to the grader. This is simply what I am basing her actions off of.

Please also note that Tap is a very antisocial Konti and therefore please only reward her socialization point HALF of what you would normally award for a PC.
Tap
Fisher and Treasure Hunter

Words: 45386
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2016, 6:30 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Laviku

Postby Bandin Everdance on May 26th, 2021, 7:04 pm

92nd of Winter, 520 A.V.
Occurs Here

The beach sands spread out beneath his feet. The chilled taste of half-frozen salt sprayed off from the cold Suvan. Winter was easing, but its harsh nature was ever-present even into the last days of its dominion over the Sea of Grass. The Azurite Watchtower would flare green from blue soon enough; from what Bandin had heard it'd slowly get a lot warmer and rain would replace the snow he'd come to be used to this past season.

But not yet. His toes were cold within his black, leather boots; the numbed digits flexed stiffly against the tight cow skin.

He already felt the draw of change within his nippy bones. That change, in particular, had been only a week or two in the making. Deeply pondered impulsivity was his brand, along with a healthy does of wanderlust.

Leth illuminated the ocean beautifully, he noted; something about the blues made black, rippling like liquid midnight. The young smith loved the moon, even above his brighter lover.

His next trip would ferry him across the great continental gulf that separated Cyhrus from Falyndar. He'd never sailed upon the Suvan. It would likely prove to be interesting, at the least.

He couldn't shake the feeling that things were changing for him. He was leaving another woman in Riverfall--though that was a mess and a half. He'd never promised her forever. He'd leave, but he'd never lie; and, as always, a part of him would stay behind in the memories to haunt the place he'd left behind--at least in his own mind.

He'd seen her for the last time today. Told her that too. Morning goodbyes never held the weight they deserved.

Syka awaited. Jungle and heat. The polar opposite of Riverfall in winter, so he'd assume. Bouncing between such extremes of living was, also, his way.

He'd learn something here. Experience another thing there. Love someone, friend or other, and then leave. He was happy with that. He'd seen so much, enough to let him know there was so much more to see, and that excited him. More than he could explain, that was his excitement and his joy.

It wasn't getting old. That was the worst part: he didn't think it ever would.

He was, however, beginning to crave ownership over something of his own. Luxury one day, even, perhaps. If he could just find a way to sate his curiosity while also setting down roots.

It was a conundrum, an arithmetic he just couldn't calculate a proof for. Maybe he'd have to settle for almost having solved it--someday. Who knew when.

What the future held, though, perhaps only the gods knew. Bandin looked to the sky.

He'd feared the night once. Sunberth was hardly safe during the day. Darkness did its inhabitants no favors, at least the honest ones. Now, in this new place, down by the docks of the cliff city he'd come to admire, Bandin basked in the chilly moonlight, completely unafraid of anything but a runny nose catching up to him in the morning.

In his hand he held a small trinket. Small, but gorgeously carved and looking quite expensive indeed. The thing was polished to glistening where its wooden skin was smooth, but rough and dangerously lifelike where its raised scales of wood appeared thick and impenetrable--incredibly realistic indeed. The depicted creature was apparently a Kalvikasi of legend, one of the sea god's sired demi-divinities; this one was somewhere between a whale and a great horned narwhal in its looks, though it had the long twisting neck of a sea snake and the teeth of a great shark--entirely otherworldly, really. Bandin had been swayed by a fanciful impulse to purchase the fine decoration, even despite the stretch of a price.

He'd heard the stories. Laviku was the lord of the seas. He demanded tribute. And, while Bandin had never been the praying type, he, for some reason, found himself grasping for sentimental musings this night. Even if the whole ordeal made him feel slightly uncomfortable altogether.

The young man approached the tide and waded forward into the icy water. He only went until shin-deepness, however. He couldn't stay in long; he was already feeling the jitters. He didn't want to risk sinking off a sand-bar.

The stars glinted off the surface of the slightly shifting waves. There was a certain comfort in the uncomfortable chill and the feeling of the tides washing around him.

"I'm not really asking you to protect this journey," Bandin admitted. "I imagine the crew have that covered. I am asking for this journey to take me somewhere I was supposed to go."

He paused. "No fateful shipwrecks, though, please."

The smith sat the Kalvikasi sculpture into the water ahead of him and watched as the tide began to pull it away.
Bandin Everdance
"The part of me that's you will never die."

Words: 95339
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2021, 9:16 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Laviku

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on July 2nd, 2022, 4:35 pm

"Laviku, I beseech thee, please here my prayer. I understand that I am not directly within the ocean and as such, quite possibly not close enough to your domain, but I am hoping that my prayers reach you. I would like to start off by stating that I appreciate everything that you have done for me up to this point. Even if it wasn't through your direct intervention, it is thanks to you that I was able to live a fruitful life. My mother, Lyel, has taught me to love and embrace both you and your domain since I was young. She is a Charoda, as I am sure that you are aware, and I hope to join her in her home someday... It is going to take plenty of time and effort but I intend on increasing my capacity of swimming and surviving within your lands. I hope to someday find myself capable of not only spreading your word but sharing the experiences that I have had in this world thanks to you... I hope to strengthen our bonds with one another, not only for Lyel's sake, but my own as well. You are all that I have known since I was a child... and I hope to live up to your expectations moving forward. Thank you for everything that you have brought to this world and done for me in this cycle... Words cannot express my appreciation."

Found Here: Prayers to the Monolith

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Words: 132196
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2022, 12:19 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)