From the Bushes She Came [Kendall]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Nadala on January 21st, 2011, 5:57 pm

7th of Winter. 510 AV

Nadala had taken to sleeping in the woods. Well actually so far she'd spent most of her nights running whenever she'd heard a sound to stop by some other tree that looked remarkably similar to the last and as soon as she began to reach that point of sleep Nadala would hear another noise and back to running it was. For this reason when she awake that afternoon, because hearing a noise in the morning was much less frightening that during the night resulting in belated sleep, she was still quite exhausted.

Tired paws dragged her from the wooded area back to the road where she'd continue to walk without a real destination. When she'd left Taloba Nadala had thought of how wonderful it would be to be able to just do as she please without any duties or responsibilities. It didn't take very long before the kelvic saw just how frustrating it could be to have nowhere to go and nothing to do.

But on she walked, all four spotted paws touched down on the cold ground. In the blink of an eye Nadala bolted off, running at amazing speeds. Though the bag that hung from her neck kept Nadala from sprinting her fastest, her velocity was still faster than most. But she did not run for the fun of it. It was cold and running drove her body temperature up like nothing else and for someone who was used to the warmth of Taloba, winters that were actually... well wintery, meant that she did a lot of running.

Off in the distance she could see a faint shape. She ran closer. A boy. A BOY! Nadala had been roaming the wildlands alone for too long and company would do nothing but help ward off the loneliness.

She ran from the road to the wooded area close by and stalked along its inner edges as she watched the boy. Not a boy, a man. Much too strong to be a boy. Nadala continued quietly through the bushes her golden eyes peeking through to catch enhanced glimpse. Oh and he was cute, very cute. It would not do for her to meet him in her bestial form... most human men didn't find animals attractive in the same way they found women. Nadala never understood why, she herself found her cheetah form much more pleasing, but go figure.

Shifting in bushes Nadala took the bag from her neck and opened it, taking out the small bit of clothes she did have. A tattered top and skirt, both made of deerskin and neither very good at concealing her body. Her hair was long, stopping well belong her breasts. Emerging from the bushes Nadala centered her honey toned eyes in the mismatched one of the man.

"Hello."
Nadala
of The Golden Claws

Words: 27084
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Kendall Saarinen on January 21st, 2011, 7:41 pm

The days were cold out in the Wildlands. Kendall could not help but think back to his home of Zeltiva. He longed to be back in his warm home with his family. Of course that home and family had pushed him away. There really was no one to call family except maybe Cathan. He had been the only constant thing lately. Kendall had never imagined he would end up traveling with a kelvic but he was finding it to be quite useful as well as enjoyable. Kendall was off without Cathan today. He could not deny that he missed the tall man's company. It sort of upset Kendall that even though he was a man, the gender that tended to be taller in humans, he was still faced with a male companion who was taller than him.

Alone Kendall was a bit frightened. He longed for the wolf to be at his side for the pure reason that he was scared to be alone in the wild. He reached back and gripped the hilt of his sword defensively. Every little crack in the wilds and every wind seemed to set him off in a small panic attack within him. These wilds held danger and what if someone attacked him again? What if they kidnapped him and experimented on him again? The thought made his mismatched green and blue eyes widen in fear. With a shutter he moved on, looking around for something to hunt. He could not make Cathan do all the hunting alone.

There was a rustle in the distance and Kendall's eyes shot around looking for the creator of the sounds. Suddenly a "hello" purring out of dark caught him by surprise. Without a moment's notice Kendall ripped his sword from it's scabbard and held it out in front of him with a crazed look in his eyes. It was obvious that he was not comfortable being out alone at night. He had good reason though. His accident had happened at night which gave him sound reason to fear Akajia's realm. "Step back into the shadows if you know what is good for you." Kendall was not a very mean or imposting person but the night scared him. He focused on the woman in front of him and held tighter to his sword. "Miss, I do not know what you are doing roaming the wilds so late but I can guarantee you that if you do not keep your distance you won't be roaming much longer." There was no sign of backing down in the man's eyes. If the sword did not work, he would use fire. The travelers of night would never harm him again. He was prepared this time with weapons, fire, and the graces of Ivak.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Nadala on January 22nd, 2011, 2:07 am

Nadala had expected a few things. Maybe he would have had a quick tongue and said some lewd comment. Maybe he he would have had quick hands and been speedy in his attempts to press her body against his. But baring his sword against her was something Nadala hadn't expected at all. How strange, it seemed to her, this didn't often happen to her. Of course, it did make sense, if she had been startled in the middle of the night she might have responded in such a manner but of course to Nadala that was besides the point. No, this man had certainly surprised her and it intrigued her and only drew her interest further. How positively exhilarating. She had not thought that combat would come from this meeting but if that was what would follow Nadala would certainly not object, there were few things that brought joy to the kelvic as much as the thrill of battle.

"Back into the shadows? But I can see you so much better out here." she smiled.

With an exaggerated pout Nadala took a step closer, "you would hold your blade against a defenseless woman?" Defenseless wasn't exactly true, her hands were enclosed in their golden metallic claws, but it was so much more fun to play.

"Hah! You don't know what I'm doing roaming in the wild? Aren't you doing the same thing?" the kelvic raised an eyebrow, "no, no. This whole distance thing just will not do. You see, you can't play from a distance."

She took another step closer, "Tell me, do you like games? I love games. Let's play a game." Nadala smiled, bringing her hands up she flared her fingering letting the twilight glint off the blades extending from each digit.
Nadala
of The Golden Claws

Character sheet

Postby Kendall Saarinen on January 29th, 2011, 3:41 am

The woman was a temptress. Kendall could tell from the purr of her voice. She could still be trouble though. Any woman just roaming around the wilds had to be dangerous. She did not seem too scared of his blade which was his first clue that there was something to be scared of with this woman. "I hold my blade against who ever needs to be kept at a distance miss." He kept his arm steady as he looked at her. His blue and green eyes glared at her through the dark. She could be like the Animator. She could try to hurt him and experiment on him. He would kill himself before that happened again. She prowled closer to him and he felt his heart racing. "You better keep your distance from me you Vixen. I am not afraid to kill in self defence." His heart was pounding out of his chest. He could not trust this woman.

The woman was far too frisky for Kendall's liking. He was once a woman and he knew when a girl got that playful look in her eye or the sultry tone the man was done for. He was not even sure if he would be able to stand up against the woman's attempts at attracting him. He already felt his body calling out to her, wanting her. "No, I will not let my emotions get me into risky situations again." He stood fast in front of the woman and stared her down. She questioned him, another of the traded scerets of winning over men. He had known them so well in what felt like a lifetime ago. She called his bluff, although he had nothing to hide. "I am roaming the wild but I have my reasons as I am sure you do. I on the other hand am not greeting people from the cover of Akajia. I am not the suspicious one here." He was mentally trying to get himself ready to strike if needed. He did not train with this sword for nothing.

Another step by the mysterious woman brought Kendall's blade to the woman's throat. Her question was haunting and Kendall could not help but shiver. "Lord Ivak, please protect me from your mountainous keep. I do not wish to harm this woman but if I must please allow your flames to kill her quickly and painlessly. I do not wish to bring her harm, only to protect myself so I can help to free you." Kendall felt himself getting ready to release his Djed. The fire was already playing in his viens, waiting to come out and play just like the woman wanted. "I do not play games. I fear I am a little too old for that miss. You look to be too old for it as well." He eyed the woman carefully and held his sword tightly. "Tell me one reason why I should play woman. As far as I know one should never play with some sultry woman who just pops up in the wild." He was very scared but he could not show it. This woman was quite confident so if he could not be confident he would have to fake it. He would not die at the hands of some forest mistress.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Nadala on January 30th, 2011, 5:09 pm

Despite the blade held up at her, Nadala maintained eye contact with the man. It felt very strange for the girl to be on the receiving end of the blade when she had not been the one to initiate combat. Strange, yes, yet not entirely unpleasant.

...Strange, it seemed to be the word of the day. Though Nadala had not seen combat as what would follow, she readily welcomed it. There were few places she felt more at home than in a dueling ground. The sound of steel hitting steel did for Nadala what singing birds did to the average woman.

"Vixen?! Well, sir, I'm insulted. Do you normally go around calling innocent woman words words such as those?" She had been insulted, but not because of the word's meaning as it had been meant but rather for it's original meaning: a fox. Foxes... liars, thieves and cowards. Have yet to meet one that I've liked. "And anyway, I'm not the one who is baring a blade against the other so your claim at self defense is somewhat void of truth. All I wanted was company, you see, traveling as a solitary woman can be very... lonely."

Nadala laughed at the man's weapon nearly touching her neck as well as his words. She was around three years old, if he knew that maybe he'd note the irony in his comment on their age. "One is never too old to play games. They keep the soul young you know."

Her eyes went to the tip of his blade, "though, apparently you have a different version of games than I. I mean, if you really want to we could see this through." Her smiled widened and she raised an eyebrow teasingly, "but you do only have one sharp edge," she raised both her hands and waved her bladed fingertips about, "I have ten."

The kelvic pushed the sword's edge away from her neck slowly with the tips of her claws, "its your choice, lover boy." The smile never left her lips, somehow Nadala felt however this played out she would have fun. There was something different about this man, something drew him to her. It was almost obsessive, almost.
Nadala
of The Golden Claws

Character sheet

Postby Kendall Saarinen on February 4th, 2011, 3:19 am

The woman had a point although Kendall did not want to admit it. He had been quick to jump at the woman's throat, quite literally it seemed. "It is not a normal behavior, I'll give you that. On the other hand, I do not get approached by many random strangers in the Wildlands." The words about being lonely hit home with Kendall. He knew the feeling all to well. "Loneliness is a terrible thing. I know it quite well." He still held his sword firm but he felt his arm relaxing. Had he misjudged the woman? He could take his chances and let down his sword. If worse came to worse reimancy could save him a few moments to draw his blade.

Games were a distant memory for Kendall. Even as a girl it had been years since he had indulged in such innocent things. He was always studying or writing. The Saarinens did not have time to mess around! At least that is what Kendall's father aways said. Maybe it would be fun to play a game or two. Kendall had a feeling his idea of games and this woman's idea of games were quite different though. "Okay... Miss, what games do you have in mind? I have a feeling you are not looking to play cards." Kendall shot her a cleaver smirk and his green and blue eyes looked into hers. If they were going to play it would be on his terms, not some wandering woman's. Strangers were not always the best play dates. Kendall, of all people could attest to that.

The woman got a strange look in her eyes as she stared down the edge of Kendall's blade. Was she plotting something? His heart skipped a beat as she uncovered what appeared to be like clawed gauntlets. He did not take kindly to being called lover boy either. He did not know the girl for the Gods' sakes! He brought his sword down slowly and held it at his side. "Fine, we can be civil. No need for bloodshed." He was aware of how hypocritical the words sounded after he just pulled his own sword from the woman's neck. "I suppose we can start off with names. Since you take offence to being called a vixen what should I call you?" He stepped back from the woman feeling a bit scared of her metal claws. He did not need to get himself in anymore compromising situations.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Nadala on February 5th, 2011, 1:49 pm

Smiling as the man lowered his blade Nadala's gaze remained locked onto the man himself. They trailed over his weapon his sword's long blade from tip to pommel, to his firm grip and strong arm up to his shoulder to his entire physique and then up to his face. Her feline sight wasn't hindered much by the lack of light letting the the girl look closely at the man's features despite the time of night. At first she thought it a bit different for him to have both his ears pierced but then again, it wasn't anything that she hadn't seen before. The art of piercing was of course a common and mastered skill in Taloba, though since she'd left Nadala had not seen nearly as many bodily decorations. But wasn't what caught her attention. Beneath his hair, which fell down messily like hers, her golden eyes caught sight of his mismatched ones. This boy is really different, she thought, a smile creeping up to her lips. She liked him.

"No," her smile widened, "no cards. I prefer games that are a bit more physical. Some people believe in the mind being over the body but I prefer body over body. Stimulating the body does in fact stimulate the mind and I love being stimulated, don't you?" And after she thought the innuendos were plentiful she took a step closer, "though of course you are welcome to choose the game."

Her laugh was low and hummed, "Call me Nadala. I'm--... Just Nadala."

She'd been so used to always introducing herself as a member of the clan of The Golden Claws, that it almost always came out as a habit. But now things were different. She wasn't even sure if the clan lived on, and if it did she couldn't exactly be counted as one of its members. And nor did she want to be, it was safer to be forgotten by them entirely. She abandoned them when they were in peril, there was a nice little chance that should she return it would be blades that welcomed her, no open arms. Nadala would often tell herself that she wasn't in the wrong, she had fought that battle along side all her clan sisters but once Tana died she had to leave. Her only ties with the clan were those of her bondmate and with her death, so died Nadala's willing membership. There was no reason for her to stay when the only reason that had kept her there had died at the hands of Dhani invaders. Dhani, wretched race of snake hybrids. They are no good as animals, I'll never understand why any god wished to create such loathsome creatures. But he wasn't a snake, no he was human. She liked humans, their blood ran warm like hers.

"And what of you, do you have a name or would you prefer I call you loverboy."
Nadala
of The Golden Claws

Character sheet

Postby Kendall Saarinen on February 22nd, 2011, 12:19 am

The girl wanted to play the very games Kendall was trying to keep from. He was happy to see her back down at least offensively. Now the tricky part came. How could Kendall get this woman to back down without losing his life or a body part. He began to recite poetry to himself in his mind. He often did this to calm himself down. It was almost always improved poetry but it worked well enough.

"Wild women with eyes like cats
As frisky as they may be
Can be as sweet as kittens
With a hint of serenity
So when their playful paws reach out
And they want to run and play
Be cautious who's paws you play in
For they might spell out your final day"

"It is very nice to meet you miss… Nadala." Kendall held out a hand to shake but then pulled it back just as quickly remembering the woman's deadly weapons that guarded her hands. He did not like what the woman was hinting toward. He did not want to play body games with this woman. She was a woman! Kendall let out a little chuckle and forced a smile her way. He would have to be crafty if he was going to get out alive. "She is pretty, I could have been attacked by worse I suppose." For the first time he tried to get his more masculine parts of himself to take over. For the first time he needed to leave his female identity behind. If he couldn't things could get messy.

"I am really not into body on body right off the cuff but slow romance, that is much better, don't you think?" He gaged on the inside at his words. He could not stand hitting on a woman. He had been one not even two seasons ago. He walked toward the woman and tried to think of what he liked Kay'lan doing to him back when he was dating him. "The hair, women like to have their hair played with." He walked up next to the woman and intertwined his fingers in her hair. He leaned toward the woman's ear and whispered. "Why jump right to body on body. You have a man here who enjoys the more simple acts of seduction." He kissed her cheek and looked into her eyes. They were bright yellow and of course, feline. He brushed her hair aside and smiled. "Yellow eyes, well its not everyday I see that do I? They are very beautiful." His own mismatched eyes looked into hers. They were the same height so the star-crossed gazing was a little easier. "You know, I would have been more apt to get this close earlier if you had not surprised me." He did not want her to think he was just flirting to get out of being killed. He had no intention of hurting her, he just wanted to get back to Cathan and Sondra alive.

A sweet smile graced Kendall's lips. He ran his fingers across Nadala's jawline, feeling a bit of electricity in the wake. Was he starting to enjoy this? "My name is Kendall. Don't call me loverboy, it makes me feel like an object. We are all equals here right? Just two… young souls thrown together in a moon time tryst?" He tried to pull everything that Kay'lan had done into his own actions. Everything that made his body light up with excitement he put into his arsenal to get free. Kendall had the upper hand. He knew what girls wanted and what girls craved. Nadala had no idea what made boys tick. Kendall barely knew but slowly he was starting to understand. Besides, he knew more than his wild companion. "Now, if I may ask a question Nadala. Is this how you reign in all the boys or am I just lucky?" This playing was a bit fun. Kendall had to admit it. He needed to stay careful though. This was not an everyday lady. This lady could kill him. Of course, he could kill her too. It all was up to fate.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Nadala on February 27th, 2011, 6:37 am

The last person Nadala had been romantically involved with had been a woman and that had been quite some time ago. Since then, Nadala had been on her own. For the most part, men wanted one thing from her, luckily that was also the one thing she wanted from them. Romance seemed such a silly thing to the cheetah. Her kind viewed the concept of romance to be rather abstract. You would of course love your bondmate, but even that love didn't have to be of the romantic kind. Sex was a tool used for survival and pleasure. It had its use. What use did romance have?

For that simple reason, confusion wrought the kelvic's mind. At any rate, she decided this was perhaps a path worth trying out. Let the boy say his words, see where they lead.

Secretly she thought, no... body on body trumps romance from where I'm standing. But outwardly she only showed a smile paired with slightly adjusting her posture so that her weight was place on one leg, accentuating the curve from her waist to hips. As she felt her hair being disturbed Nadala could only hope that his fingers didn't get stuck. Being someone who was constantly running and in the hunt, Nadala had long ago given up on keeping her hair free of knots and the like. It was one hassle she did not concern herself with. One would think that this would discourage men from approaching her with vulgar thoughts swimming in their minds but no, not at all, which of course confirmed Nadala's idea that sex was a constant desire present in the body of a man. So why was this one so quick to push it away? Why did this one prefer seduction over what one would image would be the result of seducing. "Seduction is fine, I've no qualms with it, though I'm usually the seducer not the seduced."

When his face came towards hers Nadala inched her face to the side, making his lips hit the corner of hers. "Thank you," she replied to his comment, a mischievous smile creeping up onto her face, "but I think yours are the rarer pair. Surprised you? How does one not surprise someone walking alone in the dead of night in wild roads?"

As her jaw was caressed Nadala laughed at his words, they were so poetic, perhaps even practiced. She wondered how many times he'd used the same words on some other girl, but truthfully, Nadala did not care. She took a step forwards him, though they were already so close. Her body lay only a fraction of an inch away from his, their faces nearly touching. "Do you consider yourself lucky?"
Nadala
of The Golden Claws

Character sheet

Postby Kendall Saarinen on March 10th, 2011, 3:58 am

"Tap into your masculinity. This could be life or death." The thought of it scared Kendall. All of this time he was trying to push the more boyish thoughts from his mind. It had been a full time job keeping his female identity while trapped in a male body. He feared that faking it like this might ruin all of the hard work he had put forth so far. He reached out to her cheek and rubbed it softly with his thumb. "Well take a break tonight honey. I have no issue taking over for the night." He was trying to channel Kay'lan as he spoke. He worked all the little things Kay'lan did into his little act. Although in the end Kay'lan did not prove to be the best boyfriend he was quite romantic when things were going right.

A chill rushed down Kendall's spine as his lips touched the edge of Nadala's. "No, no, no, this isn't right." He wanted to pull away. His mind screamed for him to step back and get a good distance between him and the girl. His body had a different idea though. It wanted to be closer. It wanted to know what the lips felt like against his. It was two opposing forces fighting for control over the situation. His body would win though. Survival demanded it. He put on his best boyish smile and looked into her eyes. "Yes, I've been told that. I have yet to meet someone with eyes like mine." He tried to fake pride in his oddly colored eyes. He was really embarassed of them though. They were so... strange. "I must say, it is a pleasant surprise. I could have been attacked by worse." He had been lucky that this was the first time someone or something had snuck up on him in the wild.

The girl's laugh was intoxicating and Kendall did not know if that was a good or bad thing. Did he find himself lucky? "Not in the least. I am probably one of the most unlucky guys you will ever meet. Still interested?" He chuckled and pushed his blonde bangs aside. He had a little luck. He had met Cathan. That was about as far as his luck was going to go it seemed. Although, getting out of this unscathed would be quite lucky too. What was he supposed to do next though. Kay'lan always took the lead. Although, taking the lead was actually starting to kiss him. Wasn't it a little early for that though? He had just met the woman. He looked into her eyes and smiled sweetly. "So, what game do you want to play first?"
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook