A Beachside Bound[Trinket Box]

Moritz goes for a run on the beach and finds something unexpected...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Moritz Craven on January 2nd, 2022, 3:20 pm

35 Winter 521

It was late in the day, after Moritz had finished his work for the day, that he went once again for a run. Though he was a bit tired from his daily exertions it made more sense to him to do it then rather than before work, as he would then be sweaty and tired for his daily labors. Instead he did it after work, when he was already tired, which- the Kelvic reasoned- meant he would train all the better and not affect his work.

He kept relatively contained in his exertions, simply doing laps on a short span of the beach back and forth near where numerous people could see him. If he was more confident in his abilities he might have gone further or explored while running, but he felt it was better to do it here where he was not alone and did not have to worry so much about a wild animal since it would have to pass others to get to him.

Focusing on his task Moritz ran barefooted, one wood then the other padding along the grains of sand, kicking up a small bit with each push of his foot as it struck the ground and he moved forward. Relatively inexperienced he was still practicing with his form, trying new ways and seeking out the best method for his work. He also focused on his breathing, though quickly enough after running was taking in big gulps of air and finding he could never get enough of the stuff...

As he was focusing on this and beginning to turn he saw a person running towards him, and realized after a few moments it was the same scaly lady from before who he had met while running. They had not talked or interacted, but he felt a bit safer with her near. Focusing on her for a moment he considered her skills, and almost at once felt a wave of combat pressure off of her. He did not even need to take a moment or two, it was instantaneous for him to ascertain one thing. She was much stronger than him.

In the back of his mind he could feel his own combat presence, and comparing it to this woman's... His own was just sad, pitiful, and inadequate.

Perhaps it was this distraction that caused Moritz to not notice the small odd bulge sticking out from the sand, or being a bit unnerved by her strong presence. Whatever the reason Moritz was running when his foot connected with something under the sand, tripping him up and sending a surge of pain into his foot as it had connected with the hard surface.

"Gaaaah!"

The Kelvic fell with an odd noise, landing on the relatively soft sand. After tripping he rolled over onto his rear and pulled up his foot to hold it in his hands, letting out a gust of air between his teeth as he tried to ward off the feelings of pain. He also felt his toes and foot, squeezing and pressing, but did not feel anything to bad, so was fairly certain he hadn't broken anything. Instead he focused on breathing, willing the pain away. And in time it did fade, though this likely had little to do with his willing.

While he was still sitting he heard footsteps on the sand nearby, and looked up to find the scaly lady above him.

"You alright?" the woman asked simply.

WC: 577
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Moritz Craven on January 2nd, 2022, 4:06 pm

Squinting a bit against the pain, Moritz looked up at the woman above him. For she was a woman, even if scaly.

"Uh... Yes... I just... Tripped. I think I hit my foot on something in the sand, something... Hard. Foots not broken though, I'm pretty sure."

Looking back down at his foot and then back at the woman he realized they had not been introduced yet, and so Moritz continued.

"Ah, and my name is Moritz by the way. Moritz Craven. Thanks for coming to check on me when I fell."

The scaley woman nodded, looking at Moritz and then to the edge sticking out from the sand. Rapping her knuckles on it she inspected it, before turning back to the Kelvic.

"Something wood it seems, like you said quite hard. Sturdy. Well we don't need anyone else tripping, so lets dig it up shall we?"

Though it was said as a request it seemed more of an order, one Moritz didn't even consider conflicting with. Even if she didn't have the combat presence of a mountain about to fall on him... Well he was fairly certain he still would have helped anyways, seeing as it was a hazard to others as she had pointed out.

"And I'm Seraya. I think I've seen you around before, but we haven't really met each other."

Getting up to his feet Moritz moved over to the wooden item on the ground, and began using his hands to dig. Seraya did likewise, moving along the creases of the object while Moritz simply dug like a hound.

"Yes, I've seen you while running before, but I didn't want to interrupt. I try to keep fit and to train my body, so I run along with other things to train and practice. I suppose that's your reason for it as well."

Seraya shrugged, the two speaking a bit while they worked, digging into the sand. Moritz reached a bit of the sand stuck against the wooden item and pulled it out, the object starting to take on a clear shape. It seemed some kind of crate or chest buried in the sand.

"I believe in keeping my body fit, and also in training for combat. Do you like to fight then? Maybe we could spar one of these days... When we aren't digging up... I think its a chest... Must have gotten washed ashore, and buried under the tide, but only a bit."

Moritz nodded, looking at the object, finally seeing the outline. Having dug up a good bit the two grabbed at the object and pulled, managing to pull it clean from the sands and set it aside the small hole in the sand.

"Sure, I'd love to spar with someone well practiced, I'm always trying to improve my fighting abilities. Any time your free I'm game for a spar, so long as I'm not working or helping someone with something."

Inspecting the chest Moritz looked at the front, and wondering for a moment realized something odd.

"Look at this... It doesn't have a lock. Its just got a... Bell..."

As Seraya looked more closely Moritz reached out by instinct, and rung the bell. Moritz pulled back when the bell suddenly reacted dramatically, the star in his left hand turning yellow as the bell suddenly dissolved into dust. Moritz and Seraya met eyes for a moment before the scaled woman shrugged, and Moritz pulled the now unsealed chest open.

Inside he found... Clothing? Red silk. Pulling them aside he realized it was several small bundles wrapped in red silk, which he unwrapped one by one. A bit confused Moritz looked from item to item, wondering on what was going on. A pair of boots, a belt, and a pair of gloves.

As if coming to a decision Seraya met Moritz eyes, speaking plainly.

"You can have them. After all, you found it, or your foot did. And its only three things, so not enough to share with other people like with the tenday earlier this season. And honestly I don't think any of that stuff would go well with my other things. So you can have them. Plus since it washed ashore, or looked like it did, I doubt its anyone in Syka's. Probably either something coming up from under water, or lost off a passing boat. But I'm highly doubtful anyone will be coming looking for it here. So go ahead."

Moritz nodded, looking at the items one by one and trying them on. Buckling on the belt he looked it over, finding it surprisingly fit, though he felt it had been a bit bigger before... The thick black leather belt and gold buckle though served well enough, and looked quite well made.

The black leather boots similarly seemed a bit too big, but once he tried them on the Kelvic found they fit quite well. He was unlikely to wear them in town, preferring to go barefoot or to wear sandals, but he felt they would do well in the jungle, and like the belt was well made and comfortable. Once he buckled them on he stood up, and with a few steps found the wore well and were not as stifling as some boots he had worn. Like they were made for him...

Lastly was the gloves, red cloth looking things, which he slipped on one at time. But then he looked more closely, and found they were red leather. He made a double take, almost sure they had been cloth before, but clearly they were leather... Still like the boots he felt they would go well in the jungle, to cover his hands. Also like the other items they fit well as if they were bespoke and were well made.

Taking off the items one by one though leaving on the gloves as he felt it would help with gripping Moritz returned the boots and belt to the box, and then closed the chest.

"Thank you. I will take these home, and might as well use the chest to carry them. Perhaps I will see you another night?"

Seraya nodded before waving Moritz off, looking over things for a few moments before returning to her run.

Moritz for his part hefted up the chest, surprised through his gloved hands how light the chest was. He was certain before it had been heavier...

With a shrug Moritz carried the now lock less chest back to his residence, letting his feet rest after their injuries.

WC: 1,083
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)