PM to join Focused

Isaac enters The Outpost to find Xyna's Shrine. [Moritz]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies Xyna's Outpost, and her gift to Mizahar's people. It is a magical place full of potential and possibility where all can gather and exchange ideas and commerce.

Moderator: Gossamer

Focused

Postby Moritz Craven on January 21st, 2022, 2:24 am

Moritz nodded, not overly surprised at his response. Not too many people wanted to talk to a ghost, and so finding discussion partners would likely be difficult. Though it did seem he had found some to talk with.

He did not really understand some things Isaac mentioned, not being a ghost himself, but he tried to commiserate at least.

"That does not sound fun. I cannot say I've really felt that way, but either way it doesn't seem pleasant. Though, does anything in particular interest you? You said most things you are tired of talking about. Is there anything you aren't tired of? Perhaps if you could find that, it would give you a path forward."

At his comment on possession Moritz shrugged, not really understanding what he meant here but in a different way than before.

"I mean, for a Spiritist it is normal. I don't know it is something I enjoy, but its more like... Something I know I have to do, or need to do, to get better, and so do it. Kind of like stretching before a spar, or working out and exercising. I don't enjoy those things inherently, but I know in the end it will help me so I do them. Does that perhaps make more sense? As for why to possess someone, well that is up to you. But I still think there are some things needing a physical body, which you can't do with just your ghostly form, which is why most ghosts practice possession."

"And yet again, that was just an example. The shoes were for myself, anyways, not the ghost. But the ghost in question had the chance to negotiate on the shoes, which was her goal. Getting to barter and deal and such."

Frowning in concentration Moritz pondered again on Isaac's words, before shaking his head.

"That isn't true. Ghosts can still fight or hurt people without a physical body. Your holding up a map, but that same thing if used differently could hurt someone. Its all about how its applied. But living people aren't the only ones able to hurt people."

Once they were done with their prayers Moritz and Isaac continued on their journey, exploring more of Xyna's shrine. Mortiz didn't entirely get the point of the place, knowing he could pray to any god in any place, so was unsure why someone would want one to pray or do such things in.

Moritz waved at Elijah as he greeted them, introducing himself simply by his first name Moritz when it was his time to exchange greetings, letting Isaac take the lead as he seemed more interested in doing so.

When the man in turn asked Moritz while he was there the Kelvic grew silent for a moment, looking up as he thought and considered why he was here.

"Well, I'm in the outpost more or less to look around, see if there is anything of interest. Nothing specific, maybe planning to see the market, hope to see something I did not know I needed. More specifically, I ran into Isaac here, and offered to join him and help if he needed it. I grew up around ghosts, my mother is the one who introduced me to Spiritism, so I suppose I'm simply used to ghosts. So offering to help Isaac seemed a normal enough thing to do, when I don't really have anything else specific needing doing."

"As for what I'm looking to learn... Nothing specific, I'm more just looking to help Isaac, though if something interesting were to come up I would not mind learning it. I'm always looking to expand a skill or learn a new useful one. I've heard about Xyna before, the man who hands out the maps by the Dovecote explained things to me, so I think I have a basic understanding of her. What about you, do you have anything your needing or wanting?"

WC: 654
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Focused

Postby Isaac Iceglaze on January 25th, 2022, 8:10 pm

"Building," he replied, easily. Isaac found it helpful to be thinking about this, as he had not spoken about his interests aloud in a long time. "And design, sometimes. Masonry is a skill of mine, one that I practiced in the past. In service to our people, I'll talk about most anything, but with our icestone beginning to thaw, it is a topic I find to be important. In fact, if I could find a solution for it here, that would be swell."

When the young lad spoke about what is normal for a Spiritist, Isaac listened with intrigue. He nodded along.

"It does make sense, when you put it that way. You are training this Spiritist skill. It is nice to hear that there are others who are learning the skill I wish to improve as well. I see now that it may only be something I can do while occupying the body of another." Isaac paused to think and listen.

"Oh, I see." Isaac attempted to move the map closer to the lad before pulling it back. "I haven't seen a ghost hurt anyone. I'm assuming you've seen it happen?" The Kelvic kept the brewing scheme to himself. Learning that he could manipulate items and use them in methods of vengence made him feel a type of calmness that he'd been waiting to feel since he'd blinked into this place.

After Moritz reminded the ghost of his first name and answered Eliah, asking a question of his own, Isaac stayed quiet.

The man in black spoke up in answer.

"Indeed I do, and you both seem like the perfect candidates, since you're so willing to learn. There's no rush, by the way. I've been asking a few people for help recently with finding some materials and knowledge. You see," he pointed to the lump before him. "I've been trying to craft the right type of stuff to help with the upkeep of our walls, so then I can get people to make more of it and sell it here, but I'm having trouble with the reimancy combinations. You folks know what reimancy is, right? The magic where you can expel the four elements from your body and control them? Look, I have other work to take care of here too, so I can't be out and about all the time. Think you can find a Konti woman named Niama for me? She knows a thing or two about landscape design, and is a reimancer herself, so I'm thinking she'll have some advice." The man winked. "She should be at one of the gardens, the water one probably, if I remember correctly."

He paused to lay the floor open for the two of them to respond.

"It's no trouble if you're not interested in a journey. Like I said, there's no rush. Even if you return a season from now with news for me, I would not mind. This is more of a hobby for me, which is why I'm in this workshop. I have no real skill at creating new materials, and I've just been hoping I'll get lucky by using magic. Anyways, I know sometimes these things get tiring for ghosts. Here, let me grab some Soulmist for you, Isaac. And Moritz, I'll give you the recipe when I get back. You two talk amongst yourselves."

The Spiritist left them on their own.

"Huh," began Isaac. "Reimancy," he paused, bringing a hand up to scratch the top of his forehead in memory of Kaivanna's abilities. "What do you say, Moritz?"

The ghost wanted to hear from the lad first, and was aware that he'd used a first name instead of the last name. It was because he didn't want to forget this time, but additionally, he'd heard the lad use his own first name and wanted to be respectful of it.
Isaac Iceglaze
under construction.

Words: 45386
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 2:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Focused

Postby Moritz Craven on February 6th, 2022, 9:57 pm

Tilting his head Moritz listened to Isaac speak on his interest. Building wasn't a topic he knew overly much about, but supposed living in Syka he needed to do so sooner or later.

"Masonry... Is that the one with bricks? I've heard the term before, but not the trade. I would assume the ability to make them is the same as the object right? Honestly I don't know much of anything about building, but the settlement I'm in is rather new so it is likely used much more often than other older places in Syka. Though most of the buildings there are wood, being in a jungle with trees as a resource, rather than stone."

He nodded along further as the ghost reasoned out his words and considered the trueness of Moritz own opinion. He was not one to complain about someone agreeing with him, certainly not when it was a theory or such that was given further credence or evidence by another agreeing. Though as with most things it was a theory but not something he fully understood.

"I mean ghosts possess people, there must be a reason for it. If all they wanted was a body to move things with, they could do that without a body as well. Which indicates there is more to it. As for that... I've seen ghosts in the past yes, including ones that tried to hurt or harm others. Though with my mother around those tended to be few and far between. The ones around our house for instance where all her friends of a sort and knew what she could do. Unlike me she is a powerful spiritist, and I don't think it'd be wise for a ghost to tick off a strong spiritist."

Inside the temple and meeting the new person who Moritz did not know, Moritz nodded along as he and Isaac spoke, perking up as the questions turned to himself. He knew vaguely about Reimancy, but was attentive in finding out more about it and its specifics. He was not sure it was something that interested him, but knowing more about something was always good he found.

A Konti woman at a garden who knew about Reimancy... From the sound of it he wanted Moritz and Isaac to ask the Konti to visit and talk with this other man about the topic, to help him in his task since he was too busy to seek her out.

"Do you want us to just ask her something, if so what? Or do you want us to ask her to come here and talk to you? I'm not sure I understand exactly what it is. But regardless, I don't mind helping out."

At Isaac's query Moritz shrugged, giving him the same answer as the other man.

"I don't mind helping out. Though I have been away awhile, so it might be better to come back later and look for her. I can't spend too long at the Outpost away from the settlement and work and things. Perhaps we could set a time and date to meet up when I'm free again? Unless you want to go alone, if so that's fine. Though the other man didn't seem to be in too much of a hurry."

After a bit the other man returned, giving Isaac some soulmist and explaining quickly to Moritz the ingredients.

"So on this one along with my blood I used an egg from a chicken... Some cheese from a goat... And some rice... I've used it a few times and it seems to mix well, with a good bit of tackiness and stickiness to get a good paste while also holding together well."

Moritz nodded along, glad that the ingredients did not contain meat though still finding the idea of animal products distasteful. He had forced himself to chew when learning it before, knowing it contained bits of living beings, but the thought of doing so turned him. Not enough such that he would get sick, as an Okomo perhaps he had a strong stomach, but the taste of such things did disatisfy him. But being a Spiritist blood was required, even his own, and so he knew it could not be completely avoided.

"Thank you, I will note it for later."

WC: 715
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)