[10th Day of Spring 522] What Is Vibrant Must Decay

Ialari begins Spring in Syka with hope growth and renewel only to find death and decay.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Ialari Pythone on March 21st, 2022, 12:56 am

10th Day of Spring 522, Morning

Her time back in Syka had been eventful. After so long away from the settlement, Ialari had returned and struggled to embrace life in a world that had become rather alien and unknown to her. So much time spent in her Dominion had changed her in ways that she did not fully understand until she returned to life outside. In Syka, life was simple yet filled with so much emotion and experiences that were taken for granted by those who lived it.

As Spring came to the settlement, so did a new set of experiences. It began with the arrival of The Veronica. James had returned with the seasonal shipment and this time, he delivered more than just supplies. A number of children, orphans who were looking for a life better than what they had before.

Ialari attended the arrival of the ship with some interest. From her previous experiences, the Veronica's return from its travels was something of an event within the community. Along with the needed supplies, the addition of the children was a unique surprise. Although she was somewhat hesitant to get to much into the whole event, she found herself curious. Children...such a strange thing here. Death surrounds us in all directions yet the introduction of youth and all its potential...such possibilities, She thought as she watched the children step off of the ship. Her being there was more focused on a different child however...Veronica. Ialari knew of the ghostly child that had haunted the ship as well as her living parents. Veronica, the namesake of the ship. She was one who Ialari had thought about from time to time; the tragedy of a child lost before their time.

While searching for Veronica, Ialari passed among the various living children who were coming to find a new home in Syka. As they passed, greeted by the citizens of the settlement, Ialari took the opportunity to greet them as well. She smiled, shook hands and hugged those who approached her; boys, girls, all of them. The physical connection with the youth felt quite refreshing after all of her time spent with the dead, undead and those in the middle.

She also took note of the various supplies being delivered while taking stock of those things that she may find useful later.

Following the whole debarking event, Ialari made her way further into the settlement. She was feeling something at a loss for how to proceed in her experiences in the physical world outside of her Dominion. She wanted...no, needed to experience more of what Syka...Pavena had to offer. She felt the desperate need to find the key to reopening the World Gate, yet it required learning more about the ancient secrets that surrounded the settlement.

The first person she thought of who may be able to get her started was, Uta. She met the herbalist some time prior and had worked a little with her to harvest and provide various herbs and medicines to the Syka. Ialari hoped that Uta would be able to introduce her to more places that may hold answers that others may not be able to see or understand.

Taking the path through the settlement, Ialari made her way to the familiar home of Uta. As she approached the hut suspended over the stream, Ialari spotted a familiar face outside along the banks of the stream.

"Uta?" Ialari asked.

The woman, hunched over while gathering a few plants along the banks of the stream, rose and looked up.

After a brief moment, she replied, "Ialari? Oh my! It's been forever!" She sat down the basket she was carrying and turned to Ialari with open arms.

Ialari quickly approached and embraced her old friend.

"I know...it's been...too long. I am happy to see you again." Ialari said with a few tears in her eyes.

After the hug, Uta took a step back and said, "Where have you been? I haven't seen you in...well...years."

Ialari coughed slightly and said, "That is a long story...best left for later. I am here now. I have finally returned in hopes of getting more acquainted with the settlement...something I should have done long ago yet never felt there was enough time to do so. I was hoping that you could...I don't know...show me around a little? I plan on staying for quite some time but I...I need some help finding my way."

"Of course! Let me get some things ready and we can head out. There is so much to see but I know of a good place to start. It will help give some...atmosphere. I have the perfect place in mind that will help you get reacquainted." Uta picked up her basket and led Ialari to her hut. There she gathered a few things into a pack and slung it across her shoulder.

"Do you have everything you need for a bit of a hike? Either way, I have a few things that will help us. Where we will be going isn't all that far but one never knows what they will encounter out there. Come, let us reconnect. I admit I wondered what happened to you. It was like you just vanished."

Ialari ran her fingers through her hair as they left the hut and sat out along the path into the jungle. "It's a long story with some unexpected turns. I had to leave rather quickly. There were things going on elsewhere that required my attention. That said, I realized I need to return. This place...it calls me back every time. I am sorry that I had to leave like I did...I wish I could explain it but..."

Uta interrupted, "It's alright, Ialari, I am well aware of the craziness of the outside world. It is part of why I came here...to avoid such things. Anyway, that is all something we can discuss later. For now, I'm taking you to one of my favorite places, The Confluence. It is a small lake that feels like something left over from ages ago. It is something of a peaceful place to rest and reflect; a great starting point for which to rediscover you place in Syka."

Ialari considered Uta's description with a smile. "Sounds like the perfect place."

Words: 1040
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on May 30th, 2022, 1:15 am

Uta led Ialari back through the settlement, past the commons and down the long path toward the bungalows. As the walked, Uta would occasionally stop and examine a variety of plants along the way.

"So...I don't mean to pry..." Uta said as she knelt down at the base of a tree just off the main path; digging in the light underbrush. "You have been gone for a very long time. It's not the first time you've visited and left but this last time was longer than others. You said it was a long story. We have nothing but time."

Ialari stood nearby looking in a different spot just off the path. Casually she walked in that direction where stood a large flowering plant. The flowers were rather large and heart-shaped; colored green, white and purple with brown veins. The center of the flowers were darker and as she got closer, their scent became stronger.

"I left to do a little...soul searching." Ialari gentle ran her metallic fingers along the stem of one of the heart-shaped flowers.

Uta picked away at the underbrush in front of her and pulled out a few small pieces of discarded bark which she in turn placed in a pouch at her side. "You found something positive I hope."

Ialari smiled to herself as she lightly brushed her hand against one of the flowers. "I did. I found a bit of myself and made a couple new friends along the way. Tanroa blessed me with sight and Caiyha graced me with balance."

Uta stood and walked over to stand near Ialari. "I thought there was something different about you...you seemed, I don't know...a bit happier."

Ialari turned and looked at Uta. "Happier? Maybe. If anything I feel a little more...complete. A little at least."

Ialari turned back to the flower. "This flower...I've seen it before. What is it?"

Uta looked to the flower and smiled. "It's called a Pelican Flower. I'm not exactly sure how it got the name but it's a rather useful plant even though the roots can be somewhat toxic if consumed. Those same roots though are very good at treating some snake bites. The leaves, well, they are also good for treating chills and respiration issues. It's not a plant you want to use often as, in my experience, it can have some long-term side-effects but in small amounts, it is quite useful."

Ialari raised an eyebrow and plucked a few of the plant's leaves while kneeling down to clear out the dirt and sand from the base. She exposed a few roots and pinched a couple off with her metallic hand. "Sounds useful. I imagine the Panacea could use something like this."

Uta nodded. "They have a supply of leaves and roots from this plant but it never hurts to have more."

When Ialari was finished, Uta continued leading the way down the path. It wasn't a long distance compared to some of the other unique features that surrounded Syka.

Eventually the two approached a bit of a clearing and a rather unique lake. A series of streams trickled their way into the basin. The basin, to Ialari's eyes, bore the marks of humanoid construction. The odd part was that not a single bit of wildlife could be seen anywhere around the small lake. Not even a single plant could be found growing around the shore. The water was crystal clear and it looked satisfyingly deep.

A bit of a spillway on the south side allowed for the water to continue flowing, presumably back to the streams that fed it to begin with. A stone platform near the spillway offered a great place to stretch out. Despite the ominous absence of anything living around the lake, it looked inviting.

Uta grinned widely as they arrived at the lake. "Here we are...the Confluence. I know what you're thinking...why does it seem dead? No life anywhere around. That is still a mystery nobody has been able to solve. It is however quite safe though. The water is clean and tastes great. Take a swim if you want. I assure you it feels amazing. We've discovered so much since you were last here. This is one of them. The jungle still threatens in so many ways but this is at least one place that stands out peacefully."

Words: 723
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)