Solo A Memory Re-Membered II

Continuing his reliving of memories Moritz makes land...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Memory Re-Membered II

Postby Moritz Craven on February 13th, 2023, 11:40 pm

Continued 2 Winter 522

Finally nearing land, Moritz eyed the familiar sight of the Sykan coastline. While he had seen the length of beach quite a few times from the other direction, namely running back and forth on it for excercise, he had not seen it many times from this direction... Coming in at sea... In fact he had only seen this view once, at least if not counting when he had left Syka for Sunberth and had been headed in the other direction. But the more he thought about it, the more he wondered about what he needed to do. Now he was outside of the original line of his memories, and was treading new waters so to speak.

So lost in thought was he Moritz almost didn't even noticed as the boat finally arrived at the docks, and had to shake himself out of his daze. He knew this was a memory, or something like it, but now that he had led it off in a new direction the experience felt even more real and it was even harder to focus on the concept that it was not real. Though, he realized, could he say that for sure? If he had been stuck in the same day over and over, was his ending up back in time so odd?

Not sure how much was real or not, or what if anything anything he did would accomplish, Moritz helped tie them off as they made there berth, and then headed off silently down the docks. One of the trio of Lhavitians along with them followed behind, keeping an eye on him as before, though now with much less urgency than their sudden race down the beach.

All of it was at once familiar but also foreign, a new sight but one he had seen before slightly differently. As he worked his way down off the docks and onto the beach he looked around, seeing a bit off in the distance people. People, and a large animal pulling something... Which was clearly the same beast of burden Julan had scared off by accident on his original visit.

Able to walk more slowly now Moritz made his way towards this group of people, not being intrusive as before but just keeping his eyes open and watching around.... So many people he saw seemed familiar from his time in Syka, but none of them knew him. Quite a few glanced over at him, appraising the new person in the small settlement, but most soon went back to what they had been doing before.

Finally what seemed like ages later Moritz and the person following behind him reached the edge of the group of people working. Looking around Moritz tried to find someone who did not seem directly busy, and saw two people talking to each other. Neither were who he wanted to speak to, one of the founders, but still it was a good start considering in this time he was an unknown to anyone else. Rather than butting in he walked up to them and stood a bit off, making himself known but waiting for them to finish. Sure enough a chime or so later one of the men nodded and went off, while the other turned to eye Moritz more closely with his odd hair and clothing and even more so his odd Iraso Okomo eyes. "Can I help you."

"Yes, I'm Moritz Craven. We've just arrived, off the newly landed boat at the docks. If possible I would like to talk to someone in charge, I have some... Odd business to discuss. In private if possible."

With a shrug the man began looking around, motioning for Moritz to stay put before walking off. There Moritz waited for awhile, trying for patience, when finally a quarter bell or so after the man had left he came back with another man... Namely one of the founders, the same one he had met when he first arrived.

WC: 661
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

A Memory Re-Membered II

Postby Moritz Craven on February 15th, 2023, 1:42 am

After a short wait one of the founders arrived, Mathias who was one of the first founders Moritz had met. It was odd seeing him again, particularly since from his perspective in this memory of past events albeit altered now it was his first time meeting Moritz. Perhaps it was not the first time a random person had come off a boat and right away asked to speak to someone in charge... Though he did not doubt it was a bit odd, particularly for someone as young as Moritz. "Hello, I'm Mathias, one of the founders of Syka. I heard you wanted to talk to someone in charge?..."

Moritz nodded along, looking about at Syka for a moment before returning his focus tot he founder at hand.

"Yes, my name is Moritz. We're from Lhavit, a ways away. I've come to discuss some... Private matters. Something probably best to not discuss in front of others at least. Could we go someone a bit more private to talk.?"

Mathias for his part at least seemed to take Moritz question serious, eying the young kelvic for a bit before finally accepting. "That is fine, why don't we go back to my place, its not too long of a walk. We can talk in private there if that is what you wish. Though bear in mind private doesn't mean secret, I make no promises I won't tell anyone else if I think I need to."

At that Moritz nodded again, meeting the mans eyes.

"That's fine. Its private, but that doesn't mean no one else should know... To be honest, perhaps its the opposite, and everyone should know, but I'm not completely sure on that. But still, it doesn't seem the best idea to just shout it in front of everyone. I figured we could talk it over, and give you a chance to decide how to proceed or spread it or not. "

Perhaps understanding a bit better what the Kelvic had in mind, and seeming to be fine with his words, Moritz began to head off, before recalling the Lhavitian with him.

"Why don't you go back and tell the others what is going on, while I talk to Mathias here. I'll be fine. I'll meet you all back at the boat after I'm done, alright?"

The woman, whose name Moritz had forgotten or perhaps had never known - he was unsure which as it was lost to time- seemed to think on this far more deeply than Mathias had on going to talk in private to a odd young Kelvic, before in the end accepting and heading back to the boat.

As they moved along Mathias eyed Moritz, making some small talk as they headed back to his place for some privacy, inspecting his appearance and things. "You don't seem overly equipped. Bear in mind, if you stick around, such simple clothing or even less is fine for the shore, but if you plan to head deeper into the jungle you'll need more protective gear. Plants, animals, bugs, poison, all can be deadly, so its better to be fully equipped and hot than under-equipped and die from such things. I'd advise again going in alone unless you are quite skilled in traveling the wilds. Which, to be honest, from appearance does not seem to be the case."

Moritz nodded in reply, hearing Mathias words and recalling various warnings he had been given from various people during his stay in Syka. He was certainly no fool, and not planning by any means to go rushing off into the wilds.

"Don't worry, I don't plan to go rushing off as soon as I've arrived. Your right on that, I'm not overly skilled in traversing the wilds. I'll make sure to prepare before I even think about going out there, and to get a good guide so I don't end up snake food or something two steps in. Thank you though for the warning, such advice is always greatly appreciated."

After that the two made a few bis of small talk, but for the most part they just walked in silence on the way to their destination, namely Mathias abode not too far off from his starting point in Syka.

WC: 705
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Memory Re-Membered II

Postby Moritz Craven on February 18th, 2023, 8:41 pm

Once they arrived at Mathias place, Moritz grew quite as he tried to work out what he should say. Before, back when he had actually told about his vision, he had just sort of spilled it all out in a rush. Of course at the time he thought he was going to have to just leave, and so did not want to leave without at least communicating the message of his vision to others. The questions he had received at the time were ones he still could not answer and in truth were things he thought about afterwards more than that days events itself.

Who had given him the vision? He had known right away it was true, that he had seen something that was real... Deep down inside of him, he had known... Though he had never been sure why upon seeing it he had been so sure of that. Perhaps even more importantly though was why he had been told. He had no way of doing anything with it, and so all he was left to do was to try and spread the word and gather information as best he could. It had ended up with him leaving his home, leaving behind everyone he knew and cared about, and in the end had resulted in him ending up in Syka for awhile before moving to Sunberth. Though, he admitted, he could not blame that last bit on his vision but on his family and such related troubles...

"So, let me just be clear, I do not have any way to prove any of this, though I will try to make you believe as I do it is true... Nor am I trying to make anyone do anything with it. I'm just divulging the information. Though... Admittedly, I hope someone will do something with it, or one or the other..."

A serious expression on his face Moritz paused as he took in a breath and collected his thoughts. Even in a retelling of a revised memory it was still hard to tell others about it, but he still felt he had to do it.

"Awhile back, in Lhavit, I was given a... Vision, is the best term I have for it. I do not know why I was given it. Why me and not someone else. Nor do I know who gave the vision to me. I do not even know why it was given to me. Perhaps it was on purpose. Or by chance. Or by mistake. All I know and believe is that what I saw is true. Anyways.... The vision I received, was about Morwen. To be honest, I'm young even by Kelvic measures, and I've never seen a winter. Before I had the vision I had never even heard of the Goddess. I had to ask and find out who she was. Though that detail, along with all of the other ones I've been able to verify, have turned out true. The vision was of Morwen, of how and where she vanished to. She did not run off, nor did she abandon her people. The truth is a bit more complicated than that... From what I saw, Morwen went into a jungle, possibly near here, and passed through a gate of sorts. And that gate took her to another world. A world of heat and hotness that would even make Syka here seem cool. And then she was attacked, and in the end captured. That is why she did not return, she could not because she was a prisoner. That is the simple version of things."

Done talking Moritz looked up at Mathias, to see the man still had the same impassive expression. He had not really seemed to react to anything Moritz said, just watching and listening. Now that Moritz had come to a stop he eyed the Kelvic before responding. "I do not know that your vision is true either. But why don't you give me the long version, if that was the short one, and we can go from there."

Moritz nodded, satisfied that he had at least gotten the mans interest enough to have him tell the full tale, though he was unsure if he believed him or not or knew any details that further proved his story right.

WC: 718
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Memory Re-Membered II

Postby Moritz Craven on February 18th, 2023, 9:12 pm

Looking over at Mathias Moritz nodded, stretching a bit and moving around a bit. Oddly, even in his memories, he found himself getting restless, and had trouble sitting still.

"Sorry... I've been cooped up on a boat for awhile. Plus, moving around kind of helps me think as I recall the vision. Do you mind if I move or pace while I talk?"

Mathias shook his head, seeming to understand what the Kelvic was meaning as he met his eyes. "I do not mind. But just bear in mind I make no promises to tell anyone else about this. I will probably discuss this with certain parties to get their opinion, but other than that I might not tell anyone else... And I would like you to promise you won't go around telling anyone else in Syka, but respect me to do as I see fit with what you have said."

Moritz shrugged, not really sure how much point there was to keeping it a secret, but getting what the man meant.

"I promise I won't go spreading it around Syka behind your back, and I'll leave you to do with it as you will... But I've told other people such as back in Lhavit... So I cannot say for sure the word won't get out some other way. Although one of the reasons I left Lhavit was because it did not seem like anyone there I had told was doing anything with it, so you might be safe on that front from the word getting out. I just hoped to get more information if I could, and see if anything could be done with it. Honestly, I'm not even sure if the vision was meant as a gift... Possibly intending for me to do something with it... Or as a curse, and to just taunt me with my inability to do anything. Or maybe it was just a careless mistake, and I just ended up with it by chance without any motive. Who knows. The little bit I know about the gods, is enough to know I don't understand much about them. Assuming the gods were even involved. Who knows maybe there was a rumble and some stuff fell over, and two magic thingies bumped into each other in some vault in some far off place somewhere and I randomly got a vision spit at me. It would make as much sense as anything else..."

As Moritz spoke to Mathias he was reminded more so about how he felt about the entire vision thing, wondering how or why he had been given it. As far as he knew there was no connection to him and Morwen, so he did not know why he would have been given the vision. Not knowing just left him to dwell on it, even all this time later. Thinking on this Moritz let out a sigh, and decided right then to move on and stop dwelling on the method by which he had received the vision. He could do nothing about it, and it did not affect anything in regards to where it came from or how he got it, so he did not see a point in dwelling on it... With that decision he felt a small weight lift off him he had not even realized he had been carrying, feeling a bit better though unsure why.

"Right. Back to the topic at hand. Sorry, I got a bit off track. I've kind of been dwelling on things for awhile, but after talking about it now I realized that was kind of pointless. And, well I guess you'll know once I'm done telling, but it doesn't seem like there is anything I can do as I am now. Maybe if I was some mighty warrior with amazing skills, but even then maybe not... So, the long version of things, let me begin it..."

WC: 650
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes