Solo [The Drunken Fish] A Town Troubled I

Moritz takes on a new job at The Drunken Fish

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Drunken Fish] A Town Troubled I

Postby Moritz Craven on May 31st, 2023, 10:40 pm

7 Spring 523

Heading over to meet Father Manowar in his room, Moritz wondered what the owner of the place wanted. On his way up to see him Moritz had tried to ponder over this, but he could not think of anything specific. He had not had any unusual complaints about the food he made. He also did not expect any big changes to come to their menu, in fact he had mixed things up more than anything when comparing to the basic menu the place had. With that in mind what he was wanted for was unclear. Finally reaching the room Moritz mentally shrugged to himself before knocking on the door.

Once the man asked Moritz to enter Moritz headed inside, looking around for a moment at the mans room and office. There was a desk where some writing was likely done, but at the moment Father Manowar was going through various locked chests and things with locks. Moritz silently waited while his boss went through a few things, before finally locking a chest and turning back to examine Moritz."So, Moritz... You've been working as a cook for awhile. But I hear your a decent hand at fighting. Any interest in taking on a job as a guard? We just had one... Well, lets just say they are no longer available... Anyways, any interest?"

A bit surprised by the mans question, Moritz shrugged initially in response to the mans question. Did he want to change jobs? And did he want to be a guard? He had worked at the Fish long enough to know that by Sunberthian standards Father Manowar was a pretty good and honest guy. He had some sketchy bits to him, but overall he was a decent person. Not good nor bad really, just decent. Which by Sunberth standards was almost the best one could hope for.

"A guard? I mean, I know a bit about fighting, I've had some training before... Though, what exactly would I be doing?"

At that the proprietor smiled for a moment while looking at the Kelvic, before letting out a sigh and responding. "Lets see. Well, basically you would be a guard. Mostly you would be working here, inside and around this building. If someone gets too drunk or unruly, toss them out. Or if someone gets violent, take care of them and stop them from damaging the facilities or workers. I guess protect the patrons to, if possible, but only after the facilities and workers. Uh, what else... Oh, when the workers go on supply trips a guard goes with them to make sure they don't get robbed or attacked. Basically a guard is responsible for making sure the facilities, workers, and other goods owned by this place, aren't harmed or run off with. How does that sound?"

Pausing again for a moment Moritz thought over what the man had said, trying to come to a decision. He had been a bit caught off guard by the sudden request, and was puzzling it over when Father Manowar added one final detail. "Oh, and it pays a lot better than your old job. So, what do you think, interested?"

After a few more moments pause Moritz nodded, extending a hand to the man who ran the place. With a grin Father Manowar shook Moritz grip back, before pointing at the door. "Well good, get to it. I need you on the job now, like I said we're short a man..."

WC: 577
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Moritz Craven on June 4th, 2023, 11:34 pm

With apparently no on the job training, Moritz was pointed back out of Father Manowars room and told to get to work more or less. Shrugging to himself Moritz headed back out and down towards the floor of the establishment, before recalling he should probably get a weapon if he was going to be working as a guard. Nothing heavy, but some kind of steel in case it was needed.

Considering they were inside Moritz did not expect he would get much use out of his sword or bow... He always had his star weapon on or in him, so that was not an issue... But having some kind of proper weapon was a good idea. Then he recalled his daggers, and nodded to himself as he looked at his weapon harness. For larger and heavier weapons the support the entire thing gave was needed, but for just a few daggers he did not think the weight would be an issue.

With that in mind, and dressed in his normal one piece button up suit, he put on the odd belt he had gotten back in Syka which fit him quite well. Using that he attached a pair of scabbards, one on each hip, and placed a dagger in each. He was not planning to use them both at once, but if he needed a blade it would be good to have one at hand, along with a backup weapon. Mainly though he planned to use his unarmed skills to deal with things, as he was much better at that than any weapon he currently used.

Suitably and more importantly visible armed Moritz headed back down from his room to the floor of The Drunken Fish, to begin his new job. A the current time of day not much was going on, just a few drunks imbibing and a few people grabbing a quick meal. Later in the day though it would get busier. regardless he kept his eyes peeled, walking about and making rounds as he had seen other guards working here doing, and at times checking the outside of the building to make sure no one was up to something or trying to burn the place down.

What followed was several bells of quiet, with nothing of interest really happening. After that though the noise and crowd picked up as people finished working, and soon the place was filled with revelry. At that point Moritz simply made himself known and visible, and waited for something to inevitably happen. And eventually it did. Two men who had been arguing suddenly became much more heated. One threw a tankard a the other, which missed but in doing so spilled its contents on another patron. The other person who had been struck by the drink who was an unrelated third party to the argument reacted by yelling and tipping the table over which sent all of its contents to the floor and angered the original two people who had been arguing with each other.

WC: 503
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on June 5th, 2023, 11:44 pm

Trying to be stern, and seeing the fight to come which had already resulted in a knocked over table, Moritz pushed himself forward.

"Alright, everyone calm down, that's enough! No damaging the goods! Now pick that table up and sit down!"

While Moritz was a bit on the tall side, and also decently built, he was not the most intimidating person. And so his attempt at scaring them all down did not result in his goal. The drunk angry man who had knocked over the table seem to swerve his attention to Moritz, and the other two who had been fighting just laughed and watched. Clearly incensed by their laughter and Moritz getting in the way the drunkard came at the Kelvic. As he drew close he stumbled a bit before swinging a punch aimed at Moritz head.

Moritz, for his part having no interest in being punched, easily took a step back out of range to make the punch whiff through the air. As soon as it did miss and the man was off balance Moritz leaned forward and grabbed the man by the front of his shirt. Then using his own forward momentum against him Moritz yanked him forward harder and then spun, sending the man in a forward leap. Moritz for his part if placed in such a scenario could likely turn it into a flip and land cleanly. This man however made three quarters of a turn only to land in a heap on the ground. This was more or less what Moritz had intended, or at least close enough. Regardless the main drunkard who had a penchant for tossing tables was on his back and showed no indication of rising.

The other two people, both a bit startled by Moritz actions, froze at first before laughing. Smacking each other on the back the two lifted the table back up and slowly began picking up the plates and mugs to put them back. Of course the remainder of their contents was still on the floor, but someone would need to come by later to fix that. Apparently the two who had started the entire thing, though in the end getting a random third party involved by accident, showed no interest in continuing things. Moritz likewise had no interest in escalating things, and so for the moment left things as they were.

Moving away from the situation Moritz found one of those servers and let them know about the mess, and while he returned to his rounds he soon enough saw some workers come with a broom and mop to clean up the tossed food and dry up the spilled ale. Feeling it was a successful conclusion as far as things went, Moritz began to head off. However he was interrupted when one of the servers who weren't cleaning up the spilled tables mess got the Kelvics attention. "Hey, some sailors over there are fighting, someones liable to get shived, can you do something?" With a sigh Moritz turned to see the new pair of people starting something, and began heading in the indicated direction.

WC: 518
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on June 6th, 2023, 12:32 am

Moving towards the new disturbance, Moritz quickly saw a pair of people who seemed to be fighting. One was big and tall with light hair, but gangling and with a serious amount of reach. This one was repeatedly swinging at the other person, though not finding much success.

The other man was a bit on the short side, with slicked down black hair. Rather than coming at the bigger and heavier man this guy seemed to be moving around, dodging attacks or using objects and people to get between himself and the bigger guy. First he saw him toss a plate, a fork, a tankard, and another plate, forcing the other bigger man to ward things off. Then he jumped back when the bigger man came at him, grabbing a tankard off a table and swinging it up to block as the man came in with a punch. This resulted in the tankard being knocked away, but the larger man hissing in pain and pulling back his hand.

Clear where this was going, as he saw the shorter man try to dodge between people and keep them between himself and the other man, Moritz once more found himself yelling across the room.

"That's enough! No fighting in here! Take it out in the street if you want to keep at it, just not here, your gonna break something!"

The bigger man, rage clearly on his face, turned at Moritz yelled words before turning back to eye the smaller man. "Petch you, I'm not going anywhere till I break every one of that mans bones! He petched my woman, so I'm gonna petch him up!"

Clearly neither of the two knew how to fight, but but both were a bit drunk and the larger man had size and weight behind his rudimentary attacks. The other man was equally unskilled in actually fighting, but did seem to have a knack for escaping and dodging attacks. He had a small smile on his lips as he licked his lips, before his eyes darted around the room. "Look, I never said I petched your lady, your gonna believe Jack! He doesn't know which end of an oar to use. Just calm the petch down, alright!"

The other man, clearly having none of it, grabbed the person standing between them and threw him aside, where yet another table was sent falling over. "I didn't hear it from Jack, I remember your petching face you piece of Shyke! I saw you climbing out of her window two days ago!"

With another roar of rage the man charged the man, missing as he once more dodged and then dived under a table. Seeing where that was going though Moritz let out a sigh before moving in. He couldn't have the man tearing up the place while chasing after the guy, nor knocking people out left and right. Coming in fast but low Moritz raced towards the mans left side, and just as he moved to knock over another table Moritz popped up and arrived at his side, using his momentum to land a knee right into the mans open spot below his arm.

Unsure if he was down, Moritz watched as the man was bounced away and went crashing onto the floor like so many tables before him.

WC: 551
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on June 6th, 2023, 1:03 am

Unable to completely stop himself, despite most of his force going into the man on the hit, Moritz stumbled backward while doing his best to keep his feet under him. The other man, the one he hit, did not far so well. Falling like a felled tree he landed on the ground, but to Moritz surprise shortly after Moritz found his footing the other man got back up.

Seeing some motion out of the side of his eye Moritz turned to see the smaller man racing away, making it out the door and onto the street with no further ado before the fallen man could even get back on his feet. Once he did he looked at Moritz, then at the man vanishing out the door, and then turned his anger back towards Moritz who was still there. "You petcher, he got away and its your fault!"

Seeing he was clearly not in a mood to talk, Moritz gave up on trying to explain things to the man and just focused on him instead. While big he was a bit slow, but was also very imprecise. He also seemed a bit on the drunk side, his face having turned red perhaps from a combination of inebriation and fury. Moritz though was unsure if the man was so hardy because he was just naturally so or if perhaps his drunken state made him not notice his hits he would feel later.

Rushing like a bull the man came in swinging again, charging forward and swinging wide armed at Moritz. Moritz focused on the man keenly, dodging by ducking under his wide swinging arm and at the same time moving around to the mans side. As he did he made a quick jab into the mans side, before moving on to get behind the man. Continuing to move around the man who tried to turn to face Moritz the Kelvic managed to lean in and make another jab on the mans other side while he raced around him but before he could catch up.

At that hit though the man just roared in anger again, and swung his arms wide to sweep at Moritz.Moritz, having seen the man do that same before was not surprised, and so tried to use this to his advantage. As the man swung at him Moritz moved backward, waiting until the right moment as he moved past in his missed strike. Then he darted back in, grabbing onto the mans arm, and then using both of his hands and all of his weight shoved down. Suddenly tipped amid his wild strike the man found himself falling again, this time landing on his chest on the floor.

Before the man could get up Moritz jumped upon him, landing on his back. Using a relatively simple beginner wrestling maneuver he pinned the man, using both of his knees on one end and his arms pinning him on the other end to stop him from getting up. Leaning on him with his full weight the man below him squirmed, but did not manage to rise.

Letting out another sigh Moritz waited for the man to calm down, wondering if his new job would always end up being like this.

WC: 539
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes