[Verlyna's Emerald Pond] Meditations in Green [Vizyous]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Hadrian on January 31st, 2011, 5:52 am

Hadrian paid studious attention to the glyphs he was making; even after all these years, he was not as expert as he would have liked. Perhaps it was the intuitive nature of them, but no; he seemed to have an intuitive grasp on most world magics, and he used glyphs in every single enchantment he laid. A few stasis glyphs were woven into a focus to hold a special ingredient that would power the spell; after all, the glyphs could only contain and alter, not do anything without something else given.

"So you think that because I didn't know what I was doing, there is no bond?" he asked, glancing up from his work briefly. "Do you say that because you believe that or because you don't want to believe that there is now a blood-deep bond between us?"

Looking back down at his work, it was difficult to tell if he was disappointed one way or another.

"Anyway, neither of us is capable of birthing babies, so it's a moot point, isn't it? I'm... preserving the blood the best way I know how," he added.

Taking the grease pencil between his teeth, he shook his free hand out as if to uncramp it, though really he was Fluxing djed down into his hand, readjusting the equilibrium of his body's magical energies. He felt it cording through his forearm, engaging his Auristic vision so he could watch the energy flow. It was white light in his mind's eye, white light made up of every other color in the spectrum, and his hand began to glow in that other spectrum even if nothing happened for a moment in the normal spectrum.

But the transmutation of djed to res eventually caused a faintly glowing green gel to gather at the tip of his index finger, which he held out in plain view, gathering it slowly over the focus glyph on the glass vial, still warm with Vizyous' vitae. When the res dropped into the glyph, the grease pencil markings began to glow, the green changing gradually into blood-red, and then dissipating.

"Well, that should hopefully do it," he said, wrapping the vial in a swatch of silk and tucking it into his satchel.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Vizyous Aconitum on January 31st, 2011, 6:34 pm

"Do you say that because you believe that or because you don't want to believe that there is now a blood-deep bond between us?" Truthfully, he felt that the connection was there and irreversible, but he didn't believe that it could truly be meaningful if it was one-sided. Hadrian hadn't intended on making that bond.

The human turned his attention back to the vial and the writing utensil he was using to draw onto it. He shook his hand to loosen it up, the pencil held in his mouth now. "I guess it's a bit of the latter. Without a doubt the connection is there and always will be, yet it was done on accident." Vizyous looked for the right analogy and finally found one, "Sort of like a child conceived unintentionally."

It was an odd thought, as they truly didn't know each other and had just met. There was conflict in his mind as to whether Hadrian's words were true or not and if it was a moot point. Just because neither were capable of birthing children, it didn't mean that the bond wasn't practical in the sense that one could protect and accompany the other out of loyalty. The truth of the matter though, was that they would part and possibly never see each other again so maybe it was moot in their case.

Didn't he say that Syliras was where his laboratory was? The things that happen there must be twice as interesting as what he was witnessing now, a faint light from seemingly nowhere emanating off of the hand that Hadrian had free. Vizyous watched intently, wondering if that light was actually coming from Hadrian, or if it was coming from somewhere else. Did the human use his power, or borrow his power from elsewhere?

He'd never seen anything like the green substance that gathered on the tip of the other mans index finger, which was then put onto one of the drawings on the vial. The drawing glowed the same green color before eventually changing to red alike his blood inside the container. Hadrian seemed satisfied with whatever method of preserving he had done, putting away the vial after bundling it in silk.

"Before we part, I must tell you I'm happy our meeting has transpired as it has. What you've shown me is fascinating and although we've only just met, I have faith in Viratas that our connection is no mistake." He presented his hand out to shake one of Hadrian's hands, the human's still having a structure alike his own. "I hope that we meet again and that your future travels are safe, as well as your research successful."
Vizyous Aconitum
Harmless Trickster

Words: 94651
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 12:47 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on February 1st, 2011, 5:26 am

Hadrian smiled. He was the sort of fellow who smirked, or half-smiled crooked, self-deprecating or mocking things, but while this was small, it was definitely a smile.

"I don't regret our bastard love child either," he said, patting his satchel softly and holding it close to his hip as if to protect it from the world. But regretful or not, it seemed that Vizyous was ready to leave Hadrian with the 'baby' and seek something else.

"I plan to sail for Syliras on the 42nd of Winter. If you want, you can come see for yourself what I will do, and perhaps teach me more about Viratas. If not, I will at least send you word of my works done with your help. Thank you, Vizyous," he said, shaking hands that were so very similar now. "I wish the same."

As he relaxed his concentration on his hands, they quickly began to revert to their natural form: pale skin, long, tapering fingers, short, chewed fingernails.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Cadence on February 4th, 2011, 3:07 am

Hadrian

Skills
Auristics +1
Anthropology +2
Socialization +3
Interrogation +2
Morphing +3
Glyphing + 1

Lores
Using Strangers for Experimental Purposes
Accidentally Crossing Cultural Boundaries
The Taste of Symenestra Blood
Accepting Blood from Strangers
Forming a Bond
Symenestra Gender Roles
The Meaning of Dra
Symenestra Beliefs (poor)
The Method of Drawing Blood
The Art of Awkward Conversations
Male Symenestra Hand Model

Vizyous

Skills
Socialization +4
Interrogation +2
Anthropology +1
Land Navigation +1

Lores
Speculating about Using Strangers for Experimental Purposes
Symenestra Gender Roles
Bleeding for Viratas
Forming a Bond
Stalking Strangers
Senserity of Prayer
The Art of Awkward Conversations
Magical Uses for Blood (poor)
Sharing Symenestra Culture

Additional Notes:That was a very entertaining read! (bordering on creepy, courtesy of Hadrian :D.)Who needs social skills when you can go around licking up people's blood? Hadrian and Vizyous seem to have a great dynamic going. I was sad to see it end so quickly. Hope to see more from the two of you.

As always, if you feel I’ve missed something, don’t hesitate to PM me. :)
Cadence
Musical Silence

Words: 88873
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2010, 7:11 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous